Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

I completely forgot about the Emotion chip... I knew that it was integral to playing PS2 games, but didn't realize that it wasn't important to playing PS1. Which is why I was absolutely shocked when I took one of my PS1 discs and was like "oh i'm gonna stick this in my ps3 even though it isn't backwards compatible just because i can lol" and it worked.

Anyways, the Blast Shard Radar thing and Blast Shard Bombs (which count towards, but don't replace the Blast Shards scattered throughout the city) take any challenge away from finding all the Blast Shards in inFamous 2, I had maxed out the blast shard count a while before I beat the final boss, and hit 100% for the Good storyline shortly after. Although it's much better then scouring the entire freaking city to hope you find the one blast shard you missed (like in inFamous 1). Anyways, I still need to finish the evil stories (on hard) for both games, I'm about 50% through the first one.

*pokes head in to see whether there are any other fans of RPGs around, particularly stuff like Gothic, Risen, Divinity 2 and/or Drakensang*

I got Risen as part of the Deep Silver Bundle awhile ago, but I haven't played it yet. The only RPG I've been playing recently is Dark Souls, and I've got Witchers 1 and 2 lying around also.

Ah right, The Witcher. One of the games on my "To play at some point in Life"-List, right along with the first Baldur's Gate and other stuff like that...

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Man, I need to finish a few Dreamcast games I never got around to finishing. Mainly Sword of the Berserk and Rayblade.

*pokes head in to see whether there are any other fans of RPGs around, particularly stuff like Gothic, Risen, Divinity 2 and/or Drakensang*

I got Risen as part of the Deep Silver Bundle awhile ago, but I haven't played it yet. The only RPG I've been playing recently is Dark Souls, and I've got Witchers 1 and 2 lying around also.

Ah right, The Witcher. One of the games on my "To play at some point in Life"-List, right along with the first Baldur's Gate and other stuff like that...

Yeah, you just missed a sale a week or two back on GOG.com where any purchase of a game came with The Witcher for free.

Need to get an xbox for the second one, personally, though. Upgrading my laptop just isn't in the cards, at the moment (a bloo bloo).

man, my RPG backlog is massive. Got the Ultima series to play through, The Witcher, Divine Divinity, The Elder Scrolls series, Baldur's Gate, Darklands, Dragon Age from Awakening on...

does the day really only have to be twenty four hours long, because imma drown in the collective time need to play through those (Probably somewhere in the 200 hour range).

hElbrZ6.gif

Man, I need to finish a few Dreamcast games I never got around to finishing. Mainly Sword of the Berserk and Rayblade.

Yeah, you just missed a sale a week or two back on GOG.com where any purchase of a game came with The Witcher for free.

Need to get an xbox for the second one, personally, though. Upgrading my laptop just isn't in the cards, at the moment (a bloo bloo).

man, my RPG backlog is massive. Got the Ultima series to play through, The Witcher, Divine Divinity, The Elder Scrolls series, Baldur's Gate, Darklands, Dragon Age from Awakening on...

does the day really only have to be twenty four hours long, because imma drown in the collective time need to play through those (Probably somewhere in the 200 hour range).

Hm. Oh well, things like that happen. Although really, the last thing I need right now is another RPG, university is taking wayy too much of my time, anyway... ^^"

Divine Divinity? I still need to research that a bit...

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

ladies and gentlemen because it is probably the easiest platinum trophy of all i have not only 100%ed infamous 2 i have gotten its elusive platinum trophy (sike it was so easy)

very first platinum im super duper proud <3 it was sorta anti-climactic lol i did all the hard single player trophies first then i went on to do the super easy UGC trophies and they took like ten minutes after hours and hours of single player

now i'm left wondering though, what should i play next? i have sort of a hunger for trophy hunting now, which is sort of inspiring me to load up new vegas again and get its platinum too. i'm not too far away.

Edited by The God of War

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Hm. Oh well, things like that happen. Although really, the last thing I need right now is another RPG, university is taking wayy too much of my time, anyway... ^^"

Divine Divinity? I still need to research that a bit...

Yeah, same. Part of why my backlog for... pretty much everything is piling up is myterribad study habits for high school.

Yeah, nabbed it for five bucks after hearing a friend say it was a pretty decent game. Haven't gotten to installing yet, though. Seems pretty solid, at least.

hElbrZ6.gif

So, after a quick test from a screenshot off my PS3, I discovered that my TV displays widescreen at 500-something by 300-something pixels. Which is really low. Heck, my phone has a display better than that.

Anyways, doesn't matter that much, getting an HDTV during a Black Friday sale on thanksgiving. 720P, but that's what most of my games are anyways, so I don't care. And, I'll finally be able to read the text in my PS3 games! YES!

So, after a quick test from a screenshot off my PS3, I discovered that my TV displays widescreen at 500-something by 300-something pixels. Which is really low. Heck, my phone has a display better than that.

I'd hope your phone is higher res than that, because that is just pitiful!

make sure you get an HDMI if you don't already, i greatly underestimated the importance of that cord

the difference between 720 and 1080 is neglible but the difference between 480 and 720 is mountainous

I completely agree that HDMI is a HUGE difference, but I also feel the difference between 1080 and 720 is actually much bigger than the difference between 480 and 720. From SD to 720, we add a whopping 512160 pixels. From 720 to 1080, a massive 1152000 pixles is added. Pretty huge difference. That said, 480i for life.

Yeah, the Wii U comes with an HDMI cable, which is why I had to go out and buy a stupid third-party component cable (because GameStop didn't have any Nintendo ones) that doesn't even work as a component cable, and the Wii U HDMI cable is universal, which is great.And while SD is perfectly fine for most games, it renders the text completely illegible in most of my PS3 games. Of course, my TV is less than SD, so it can't even display that properly, but still, I'm absolutely psyched that I'll be able to read text soon!

Yeah, the Wii U comes with an HDMI cable, which is why I had to go out and buy a stupid third-party component cable (because GameStop didn't have any Nintendo ones) that doesn't even work as a component cable, and the Wii U HDMI cable is universal, which is great.And while SD is perfectly fine for most games, it renders the text completely illegible in most of my PS3 games. Of course, my TV is less than SD, so it can't even display that properly, but still, I'm absolutely psyched that I'll be able to read text soon!

Does PS3 NOT use a universal HDMI cable? The consoles in my room are hooked up to an HD monitor, and I was planning on just using my Wii U's HDMI to use it in my room and record Let's Play stuff with my PS3, saving money that way (my capture card only does HDMI). Darn it, if Sony doesn't use an over the counter HDMI, I'm gonna be mad.

I'd love the higher resolution. Heck, my CRT does some odd 830i resolution, but I can't use anything other than the composite cables with it. But again, I'm waiting for a lagless 60 inch HDTV for a decent price, so I really don't have any other options.

PS3 uses a universal HDMI cable.

*sighs in relief*

I've heard enough about the Yellow Light of Death to decide that I DON'T want the backwards compatible model. Since the PS4 comes out this Friday, I'll start my eBay bidding that night, hoping to get some nice deals.

I still remember the days that I took backwards compatibility for granted. My PS2 always played PS1 games. My GBA could do GBC or even GB games. My Wii was just fine with GCN, and plenty of others could be done via download. My DS did GBA, but I was a bit concerned that it couldn't do anything past that. Was shocked that DSi and 3DS didn't have GBA slots, and that Wii U doesn't support GCN. But PS4 not even going back one generation? It's mind blowing!

Doesn't explain why we're not getting PS1 compatibility, though. The system is so easy to emulate, a chimp can do it.

I'm guessing they need to help lessen any impact from the PS4's price tag and the Gaikai thing with PS Classics and the subscription rate for PS+.

hElbrZ6.gif

Game systems don't tend to be backwards compatible anymore as the software and hardware to make it possible tends to take time to include and tends to take up space that could be used to make the system better (and a larger step up from the previous system). At least, from Sony, they intend to offer the vast majority of the PS3 library (I can't recall if they mentioned PS2 games) and some developers are offering free PS4 upgrades from the PS3 version of their game (Namely, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn). Not sure what their prices will be, but I'm simply planning to keep my PS3 (and my PS2) when my PS4 comes in. Along with getting Kingdom Hearts 1.5... probably downloaded, as there simply isn't a game store near me, onto the PS4 (along with KH 2.5 when that comes out -- So excited~).

That and, with this generation, it seems to me that (at least) Sony is trying to be a little more competitive with PC's. Which is nice for me, since affording a gaming PC is... hindering, and building one can still be twice as much as the PS4 system itself: at least, a high-end system.

Oh massively. I really do want to get into PC gaming, but the price of a decent gaming rig is way too much for my blood.

That depends entirely on what kind of PC you already ahve. If you already have a PC, chances are it already has a decent amount of memory, and a decent CPU, and at that point you just need to install a decent graphics card and you are already golden. You can built very decent PCs with just 500 dollars budget, actually, especially if you re use old hard drives and the like.

Decent gaming rigs are simply not all that much more expensive then consoles (or, indeed, at all). It's only the high end which is ridiciously expensive (And provides massive diminishing returns). But you don't need high end, nor do you want it. And, to boot, PCs are almost fully backwards compatible, so you already have a massive game catalog at prices which are much cheaper then their console equivalents (there's a 10 euro difference by default for new games, not counting the massive sales that regurarely occur - and a lot of older games being sold at lower-then-second-hand prices), as well as completely free online services (I never understood Xlive) so you may even end up saving money.

One little caveat though: In order to save that money, you will have to order the parts yourself and asseble the thing manually - companies pay huge markups for pre-built PCs.

(Disclaimer: I have used only PCs in my entire life, simply because... I always had one, and thus the price of a console was always too steep for what we could get out of it).

Funnily enough, the XBOX one is actually more expensive then PCs which use the exact same parts - and that is not counting the increased price of the games 0_o.

Edited by -Joshua-

Xbox One is more expensive, Joshua, because of the Kinect.

I think PC gaming is pretty overrated, that's just my opinion. Graphics don't matter too much when you're sitting on a couch ten feet away. Games get discounted after awhile. Biggest thing though is that those big AAA titles are more likely to come to consoles than PCs because that's where the money is. Don't tell me about MMOs, either. Only thing that was ever good about MMOs was the communities. You guys seen World of Warcraft's community, lately? How about LoL or DOTAs? PC gamers usually gotta go out and buy a console anyway if they don't wanna miss out on the best games

Guess my point is if you want a gaming PC you just really like modding Skyrim

Oh massively. I really do want to get into PC gaming, but the price of a decent gaming rig is way too much for my blood.

Pays for itself in the long run. You can build a cheap one for about 400. Always build, never buy premade unless you bathe in money.

I think PC gaming is pretty overrated, that's just my opinion. Graphics don't matter too much when you're sitting on a couch ten feet away. Games get discounted after awhile. Biggest thing though is that those big AAA titles are more likely to come to consoles than PCs because that's where the money is. Don't tell me about MMOs, either. Only thing that was ever good about MMOs was the communities. You guys seen World of Warcraft's community, lately? How about LoL or DOTAs? PC gamers usually gotta go out and buy a console anyway if they don't wanna miss out on the best games

Xbox can't even alias power lines whereas PC and PS4 can.

LoL and DoTA are still good games in their own right. Sure the community sucks but that's what happens when you play a game that has responsibility. Even so, we have indie games like FTL, Toribash, Paper's Please, etc.

ArmA and therefore DayZ, Crysis 1 until recently, Warframe, War Thunder, Torchlight 2, Team Fortress 2, Black Mesa, Garry's Mod, RTS games like AoE and Starcraft, and the list is very very long.

Mods are only half of what's awesome about pc gaming. Better graphics, gameplay, customization, free games, games on sale, cheap games, *free dlc* especially with Valve games like L4D and TF2.

Also you don't have to pay for online multiplayer. Furthermore on graphics, once you go to 60fps from 30fps on the console which has lower graphics settings, it's very hard to go back.

AΨ 94

The best thing about consoles when compared to PCs, IMO, is their longevity. A PS3 from 2006 will run pretty much all PS3 games perfectly, whereas a PC from back then probably couldn't handle a lot of PC games that have come out since then without a few hardware upgrades. Plus, I absolutely hate digital games and mandatory installs, as they take up space on my hard drive, which I need for other things like work/college/etc, which is another reason I like consoles so much better than PCs.

Anyways...

So yeah, Uncharted 4 is coming to PS4, and the new Neon trailer for inFamous: Second Son is amazing... Now I just need the willpower to save up all my paychecks for an entire month, then I'll be able to get a PS4! However, until Second Son comes out, I'll be perfectly satisfied with my PS3. And the games I've had for it for months that I've yet to open.

The best thing about consoles when compared to PCs, IMO, is their longevity. A PS3 from 2006 will run pretty much all PS3 games perfectly, whereas a PC from back then probably couldn't handle a lot of PC games that have come out since then without a few hardware upgrades. Plus, I absolutely hate digital games and mandatory installs, as they take up space on my hard drive, which I need for other things like work/college/etc, which is another reason I like consoles so much better than PCs.

Anyways...

So yeah, Uncharted 4 is coming to PS4, and the new Neon trailer for inFamous: Second Son is amazing... Now I just need the willpower to save up all my paychecks for an entire month, then I'll be able to get a PS4! However, until Second Son comes out, I'll be perfectly satisfied with my PS3. And the games I've had for it for months that I've yet to open.

Sure it works, but it runs at a lower fps at lower settings. The beauty about pc games is customizable settings so lower end machines can still play newer games.

AΨ 94

Eh, PC may give fancy graphics, and I certainly use mine for multiplats, but VERY few multiplats entertain me as much as a good Nintendo exclusive. The only games that really come close are Sony exclusives :P

Exaggeration, but the majority of what I play are console exclusive. LA Noire has been the only multiplat I've played thus far that has completely blown me away (unless Shadow of the Colossus was 3rd party and just only released on PS2. I don't recall off of the top of my head of Sony owns Team ICO.)

So, PS4 is out today, which means that PS3's should be cheaper on eBay. Hoping to buy one today, since the auction I thought for sure I'd win didn't exactly work out (lost by less than a dollar!). Gonna be getting Uncharted series, Sly 4, and The Last of Us, and I'm pretty interested in InFamous and Heavy Rain, if anyone has anything to say about those two.

Yeah, but chances are if you're running a newer PC game on an older computer, It won't run as well as on a console.

Uncharted, The Last Of Us, and inFamous are all great games, really nothing bad to say about them. I've played inFamous the most, it's one of the few sandbox games I really enjoy, The Last of Us is just all-around fantastic, and Uncharted is essentially the Last of Us, just with an Indiana Jones theme instead of Zombie Apocalypse.

Also, get Flower. It's simply one of the best gaming experiences ever, IMO, and just a fantastic piece of art. There's a demo on the PSN store, definitely try it.

30 fps is quite good. 60's better, but any higher can't even be noticed by human eyes. Of course even 30 fps and 60 fps doesn't even register as much to humans either.

Draven, I've read your posts for a while, and I find that you seem bent on stamping out any liking for consoles that anyone in this topic has. And now, I see why you contradicted me every time I said a PC that beats a console must be higher priced than the console. You build your PCs out of parts that total a certain price.

But a premade PC must be about 2000 dollars to beat a console. As for building, if it can't beat an Xbox for 300 dollars (Yes, the console's price has dropped since its release, but so have the prices of good parts) your argument is invalid.

On top of that, while a good PC can beat an Xbox in graphics, as has been stated earlier, the difference between 720 and 1080 isn't that noticeable. Consoles have superior controls, and their exclusives tend to have better gameplay than PC exclusives.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not like you, I don't hate PC gaming the way you hate consoles. In fact, I don't hate it at all. But I do find console gaming to be superior for gameplay, and I find that its graphics are better than a similar priced PC's unless you build a PC yourself. Even then, the difference is nothing spectacular at all. Console gaming provides a better overall experience.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Pays for itself in the long run. You can build a cheap one for about 400. Always build, never buy premade unless you bathe in money.

Xbox can't even alias power lines whereas PC and PS4 can.

LoL and DoTA are still good games in their own right. Sure the community sucks but that's what happens when you play a game that has responsibility. Even so, we have indie games like FTL, Toribash, Paper's Please, etc.

ArmA and therefore DayZ, Crysis 1 until recently, Warframe, War Thunder, Torchlight 2, Team Fortress 2, Black Mesa, Garry's moderator, RTS games like AoE and Starcraft, and the list is very very long.

Mods are only half of what's awesome about pc gaming. Better graphics, gameplay, customization, free games, games on sale, cheap games, *free dlc* especially with Valve games like L4D and TF2.

Also you don't have to pay for online multiplayer. Furthermore on graphics, once you go to 60fps from 30fps on the console which has lower graphics settings, it's very hard to go back.

What you sorta did in this post was pretend I didn't acknowledge those things and then ignore the points I did address lol

also "better gameplay" is such arbitrary nonsense

30 fps is quite good. 60's better, but any higher can't even be noticed by human eyes. Of course even 30 fps and 60 fps doesn't even register as much to humans either.

Draven, I've read your posts for a while, and I find that you seem bent on stamping out any liking for consoles that anyone in this topic has. And now, I see why you contradicted me every time I said a PC that beats a console must be higher priced than the console. You build your PCs out of parts that total a certain price.

But a premade PC must be about 2000 dollars to beat a console. As for building, if it can't beat an Xbox for 300 dollars (Yes, the console's price has dropped since its release, but so have the prices of good parts) your argument is invalid.

On top of that, while a good PC can beat an Xbox in graphics, as has been stated earlier, the difference between 720 and 1080 isn't that noticeable. Consoles have superior controls, and their exclusives tend to have better gameplay than PC exclusives.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not like you, I don't hate PC gaming the way you hate consoles. In fact, I don't hate it at all. But I do find console gaming to be superior for gameplay, and I find that its graphics are better than a similar priced PC's unless you build a PC yourself. Even then, the difference is nothing spectacular at all. Console gaming provides a better overall experience.

Didn't I do the math to prove to you that the difference between 720 and 1080 is actually way more than the difference between 480 and 720? Scroll up above a few posts. There is a HUGE difference.

Your comment about 60fps not being recognized is inaccurate. Everyone has a different threshold that they can clearly see. I personally can tell a huge difference. That said, I don't care about the difference except for in Smash Bros., where every frame actually matters.

Building a gaming PC really isn't that much money. It's more than a console, but it has plenty of non-gaming functions, too.

That said, consoles always have the exclusives to boast, which is why PC is only secondary for me.

I feel the need to post this.

Edited by Ghabulous Ghoti

The bolded bits are my own comments.

30 fps is quite good. 60's better, but any higher can't even be noticed by human eyes. Of course even 30 fps and 60 fps doesn't even register as much to humans either. Actually, yes, yes it does. Most people with fair vision can easily register 60 FPS, and indeed, it's very hard to calibrate back down for a lot of PC gamers. 60 FPS is generally a requirement for people who get real good at PC shooters, due to the fact that the higher refresh rate allows for much greater accuracy. It's difficult to see the difference without actually doing both. People with good vision can even see refresh rates of up to 120 FPS/HZ, and indeed, there's a growing market for it. The easiest way to see the different in frame rate is to have a lightbulb that blinks at different frequencies. Monitors back in the 90s had terrible refresh rates and were known to mess people's eyes up because your brain could tell that the light was blinking, even at 60 HZ.

Draven, I've read your posts for a while, and I find that you seem bent on stamping out any liking for consoles that anyone in this topic has. And now, I see why you contradicted me every time I said a PC that beats a console must be higher priced than the console. You build your PCs out of parts that total a certain price. No rebuttal, I don't particularly like the wars.

But a premade PC must be about 2000 dollars to beat a console. As for building, if it can't beat an Xbox for 300 dollars (Yes, the console's price has dropped since its release, but so have the prices of good parts) your argument is invalid. I explained this in the last topic, I feel repeating myself is a waste of my time but since the server ate it, go to this handy website. It's a price chart for parts, and you'll find that no, you don't need a magnificently expensive PC to get things done.

On top of that, while a good PC can beat an Xbox in graphics, as has been stated earlier, the difference between 720 and 1080 isn't that noticeable. Consoles have superior controls, and their exclusives tend to have better gameplay than PC exclusives. Xbox as in original Xbox or Xbox 360? No matter, a PC for around 500~ will play Crysis at 30 FPS which, again, isn't the greatest but since I've never had a PC which can go better, my eyes adjust and I don't care. The difference between 720 and 1080 is a staggering one in terms of visual density, but it's understandable how one wouldn't immediately notice it. Movie wise, it doesn't change as much, but in a game? You bet it makes a difference. The superior controls I will not debate because it assumes video gaming is dominated by one genre with one control scheme, which is not. The point is flawed in it's very deliverly. Exclusives? We've had a few but I'll grant you, the PC isn't targeted as much for an exclusive market.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not like you, I don't hate PC gaming the way you hate consoles. In fact, I don't hate it at all. But I do find console gaming to be superior for gameplay, and I find that its graphics are better than a similar priced PC's unless you build a PC yourself. Even then, the difference is nothing spectacular at all. Console gaming provides a better overall experience. The first part is your opinion; play what you will on whatever machine. I still crack open my friend's game cube from time to time, sometimes age doesn't hurt the game itself. And if you feel consoles are superior for gameplay, it's your own tastes. As for the end bit, well, a $300 PC isn't going outperform an Xbox 360 by any spectacular means, but that's not the point. The point is it can compete and, for an extra hundred or so, can go above and beyond.

A side note because I know it will come up; I reference a $500 PC in there, and someone's going say "but Humva, I can get an Xbox 360 for $200!" True that, though ignoring for a moment the Xbox 360 has been out for years and has a heavy resell market, something the PC market lacks, a PC does such handy things as helping you with your homework, browsing the web (yes I know you can do that on the Xbox 360), and in general other things a console is not geared for. Extra functionality, extra price. Also keep in mind aforementioned $500 PC will murder, maim, and generally destroy an Xbox 360 specs-wise.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

So, has anyone here actually gotten their paws on a PS4 now? How is it?

In addition, the people who are here seemingly to only sling mud at console gaming should really leave or change what they're posting here. It's not making anyone happy or adding anything of note. Similarly, we shouldn't start a war over PC vs. Console. Each side has obvious pros and obvious cons. This is where I believe we should leave it in the interests of goodwill for all.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

why ya'll thinking xboxes is the best console to represent consoles are aint ya'll heard about THE POWER OF THE CELL

alright jokes aside lets drop this console war thing it sorta ruined the last topic for like three pages, too. also alex only seems to post when its about pc gaming

i got my hours cut at work so i cancelled my ps4 preorder. i dont feel particularly bad about that. i'm not taking the outregis claims of malfunction too seriously. trolls like picking fights.

if we could finally maybe talk about vidya games, how do ya'll feel about the game prototype?

PC gaming is the area that interests me, and where I'm the most knowledgeable. I tend not to discuss things that I'm not interested in for the sake of, well, not being bored/not caring about the discussion.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I now own 4 PS3 games (Uncharted 1 and 2, The Last of Us, and Singularity). These will go very nicely with my two PS3 controllers, sitting in my closet until I get an actual PS3...

You sound just like I did before I got my DS and Wii years ago. :P

Honestly, it's always a good idea to have games before you get a console (or at least get them when you get the console), I remember when I got my GameCube and had no games for it for like three weeks...

Anyways, I ended up preordering the Collector's Edition of inFamous Second Son. The trailers, plus the fact that I really don't want to miss out on the CE goodies (mainly the hat) forced me to do it.