• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Ackar: The Legend

Ackar Legend Joev14 Glatorian Fire

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline joev14

joev14
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 23-August 10
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 31 2013 - 12:25 AM

So, I whipped this model up about two months ago, and have slowly been adding things to it over time, and I now feel as though it's ready to be displayed. Wudda y'all think? :D 

Posted ImageFront

Posted ImageBack

Posted ImageClose Up of Head

Hopefully I'll have some better photos up in a while, my camera battery is dying. The back-view shot turned out pretty well though.

Joev14, Owner of Infinite Inspiration Incorporated

My Short Stories 
The Last Memories | Birth of the Kal | Key of the Codrex | Web of Karzahni
The Depths Below | Monster | Out of the Darkness | Archive

My Epics
The Powers That Be Continuation | The Yesterday Quest Continuation
Secrets of the Star Cont. | End of the Beginning Cont. (VIDEO PODCAST SERIES) | Element of Surprise Cont.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg.usro_photo.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create audiobook versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Bionicle: USRO, is a list designed for immersing both new and old fans of Bionicle in the various pieces of lore. Whether you're a new fan wondering how to get started, or an old fan who's looking to review the series in chronological order, you'll want to check this out!

#2 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 13-February 09
  • 587 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 31 2013 - 07:27 AM

Sweet torso construction! Though the legs are a bit bland, so maybe enlarge and customize them a bit? Also, a tiny nitpick but I think might have helped the look: If you could place some sort of armor at the back of the neck, that would be marvelous.

:tohu:

Recent MOC's:      Naval Commander Jaldamir    Sevla II    Octharius v The Chimera    Voxumo: The Shadow of Reality

Here are my current PBZP's.  (Note: PBZP topics are mostly* dead. DON'T REVIVE!!!)

Completed In Progress             < A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  Lii  M  N  O   Q  R  S  T  U  V  Vii  W  X  Y  Z >          

#3 Online Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,117 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 31 2013 - 10:43 AM

I think the MOC could benefit from some more bulk on the limbs to match that of the torso. :)

"I guess you can't kill what's already dead."

#4 Offline MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 22-December 04
  • 2,717 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 01 2013 - 11:02 PM

Torso looks great! I just think that the only part lacking is the arms. They seem a bit scrawny when compared to the rest of his limbs/body.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

#5 Offline joev14

joev14
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 23-August 10
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2013 - 03:40 PM

Torso looks great! I just think that the only part lacking is the arms. They seem a bit scrawny when compared to the rest of his limbs/body.

I think the MOC could benefit from some more bulk on the limbs to match that of the torso. :)

Added more armor to the arms, and made a few slight changes to the shoulders as well. Will update with new photos soon!  

Sweet torso construction! Though the legs are a bit bland, so maybe enlarge and customize them a bit? Also, a tiny nitpick but I think might have helped the look: If you could place some sort of armor at the back of the neck, that would be marvelous. :tohu:

What parts are able to connect to the neck? I can't think of anything aside from a tire (Which I've already tried, and it looks terrible IMO).

Edited by joev14, Nov 05 2013 - 06:44 PM.

My Short Stories 

My Epics
Secrets of the Star Cont. | End of the Beginning Cont. (VIDEO PODCAST SERIES) | Element of Surprise Cont.

Bionicle: ANP aims to create audiobook versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Bionicle: USRO, is a list designed for immersing both new and old fans of Bionicle in the various pieces of lore. Whether you're a new fan wondering how to get started, or an old fan who's looking to review the series in chronological order, you'll want to check this out!

#6 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 13-February 09
  • 587 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 08:02 AM

Sweet torso construction! Though the legs are a bit bland, so maybe enlarge and customize them a bit? Also, a tiny nitpick but I think might have helped the look: If you could place some sort of armor at the back of the neck, that would be marvelous. :tohu:

What parts are able to connect to the neck? I can't think of anything aside from a tire (Which I've already tried, and it looks terrible IMO).

Well, off the top of my head (see what I did there? LOL), maybe replace the buzzsaw blade (?) with a Glatorian neck and one of these pieces. They always look like a decent piece of armor. Alternatively, one of these might do.

:tohu:

Recent MOC's:      Naval Commander Jaldamir    Sevla II    Octharius v The Chimera    Voxumo: The Shadow of Reality

Here are my current PBZP's.  (Note: PBZP topics are mostly* dead. DON'T REVIVE!!!)

Completed In Progress             < A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  Lii  M  N  O   Q  R  S  T  U  V  Vii  W  X  Y  Z >          

#7 Offline joev14

joev14
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 23-August 10
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2013 - 02:29 PM

Well, off the top of my head (see what I did there? LOL), maybe replace the buzzsaw blade (?) with a Glatorian neck and one of these pieces. They always look like a decent piece of armor. Alternatively, one of these might do. :tohu:

I don't really use Hero Factory parts. I only own two HF sets.

Edited by joev14, Nov 06 2013 - 02:30 PM.

My Short Stories 

My Epics

#8 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 13-October 12
  • 926 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2013 - 02:36 PM

The MOC don't look good in my opinion, the body is too big plus i don't like the star foot on it, the lower leg i think should be custom and i don't like the double. The upper arm is really odd but too long for the MOC, the lower arm is just a normal inika arm and okay, the weapon i think you should made it something different then just Ackar Sword, last the head is too small but it is a glatorian so i'm okay with it. 

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#9 Offline joev14

joev14
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 23-August 10
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2013 - 11:29 PM

The MOC don't look good in my opinion, the body is too big plus i don't like the star foot on it, the lower leg i think should be custom and i don't like the double. The upper arm is really odd but too long for the MOC, the lower arm is just a normal inika arm and okay, the weapon i think you should made it something different then just Ackar Sword, last the head is too small but it is a glatorian so i'm okay with it.

A lot of people seem to like the large torso. Although I haven't updated the photos, I've bulked up the arms a bit. Although I disagree with you on the head, there really wouldn't be a whole lot I could do about enlarging it anyway. In the updated version I also added a shield to him, as well as the sword.

My Short Stories 

My Epics

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users