Comedies Rules and Guidelines
Welcome to the Comedies forum! In addition to the BZPower Rules and Guidelines, we have a few special rules here. Before you set off to share some laughs or read some hilarious fics, make sure you go over our guidelines. This forum once had a reputation for mischief, but its residents have created a fun and fantastic community here. Let's keep that going!
NOTE: This topic's tag will always reflect the date it was last updated. The "Edited By" line at the bottom of this post will describe the latest changes made.
1) This forum is for hilarious and humorous stories. If you aren't sure whether your fanfic is a good fit for this forum, please feel free to send it to a Comedies staff member. We're happy to help you figure it out!
2) Only BIONICLE and LEGO stories are allowed. If your story is completely unrelated to Bionicle or LEGO, put it in Off Topic Culture.
3) Keep it clean. No sexual content (nudity, sex scenes), no potty humour, graphic violence (keep that blood and gore level low), et cetera. Please keep things relatively "PG" on this front.
3) No review topics. Some comedies are short, some comedies are long, so we're just sticking to one topic per story.
4) Topic revival is allowed. If you want to review a story or post a new chapter, and the last post in the topic is over a month old, you are still allowed to post!
5) No flaming or shaming. Don't forget the site's zero tolerance for flaming and trolling. Please refrain from posting hurtful replies like "This was stupid!" or "Wow, this is awful." If you don't like a story, please respectfully share what you didn't like, or walk away.
6) No double-posting unless you're posting a new chapter. Just edit your last post.
7) PM requests to guest star; don't post them. Posting to say you've PMed something like this is also prohibited.
8) You may have just one topic that is a collection of all your fanfics in the BZP Library, and it must be in Short Stories. Even if you haven't written any short stories, please keep all collection topics in this forum. Said topics may contain links to stories on both the old and new forum versions.
9) Plagarism is not tolerated in the BZPower Library. It's obvious that you shouldn't copy another member's story and paste it into your own topic. However, taking a member's story and changing the character's names, rearranging the sentences, and/or replacing words the member used is not allowed, either.
Please note that each complaint of plagiarism will be judged on a case-by-case basis. Sometimes a member is ripping off of your plot ideas and sentence structures, and other times you two may have just conceived similar ideas. The forum leaders will be glad to help you figure this out.
The Comedic Federation (Comedy Discussion and Planning Topic)
It's very simple. Treat others with respect, decency, and tolerance. Don't insult others, don't be obnoxious, don't be rude ... et cetera. All you need is love, guys. <3 If you have any questions, please post in this topic or contact one of the current Comedies Forum Staff Members:
PS also thank you to Princess Grr for her awesome original revamp of the Comedies rules, and also because I took a lot her phrasing for things because she said a lot of this so much better. ♥ ya, Princess!
Edited by GSR, Jul 29 2014 - 12:55 AM.
Updating active staff list.