New LEGO Movie Trailer

Today Warner Brothers has released a new trailer for the upcoming LEGO Movie! You can check out the nearly two-and-a-half minute teaser in all its glory on YouTube, but be prepared for lots of laughter. I really think this is coming together well and am looking forward to the final release next February 7th!

View the full article

I'm really, really curious as to how this'll turn out. I'll be honest that this trailer didn't do a whole lot for me, but I've never felt trailers work all that well for comedic films anyway.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

This trailer was better than the first one in my opinion. Seriously, I can't remember last time I was so excited for a movie. It's literally a childhood dream come true. Guess who'll try to be there at opening night. ;)Also, to those who say it won't have a plot, the fact that there is a lot of random stuff happening does not mean there is no plot. I have the feeling there will be quite a bit of social criticism in it, namely to governments and big corporations.-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Well, I'll probably wait until someone puts the movie on youtube to watch it, but it'll probably give everyone some lols. Going to give me quite a few lols, that's for sure.

Edited by Arzaki

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Man, I'm so excited for this movie. Yeah, it will probably be aimed at a much younger audience, but I appreciate the humor, so I'd totally go see it regardless.

Anyway, the trailer was pretty good. Besides seeing all the cool fig cameos, watching it frame by frame also lets you read some of the billboards and posters in the background, which can be quite humorous. Just some of the big city scenes have a lot of great detail in them, and it's easy to miss it, so there's definitely rewatch potential.

:music:

Seems hypocritical, then, considering (not a criticism) Lego is a huge company primarily interested in making money.

Compare a company making toys for children with huge multi-billion dollar corporations with lots of power that is being abused to influence political decisions in their favor, often careless of public interest (like the Octan corporation is supposed to represent). I don't want to pull a "all big corporations are super evil", but nope, it's not really the same.Earning money and being interested in making money as a company is not bad, that's what companies are for. It's how you get that money and what you do with it that makes the difference.-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Though I probably won't be going to the theaters to see this, I still think it looks like a good movie. I really hope that there is at least one Bionicle reference in it somewhere...

Oh, and the double-decker couch is an awesome idea. B-)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Wow.To be entirely honest, this looks really disappointing. What we have here is a very cliche, unoriginal plot with a lot of unfunny overused pop culture jokes. (particularly the cringe-worthy batman/other DC stuff)It may have a lot of respected actors, but that doesn't stop a movie from being disappointing, possibly make it even more disappointing when it does come out. I don't have a lot of hope for this film after this trailer. The first trailer showed some promise, and then this trailer deconstructed all of the aforementioned promise. Ironically, (am I using that word right? Between the people arguing what it means and what it doesn't mean, I'm still not entire sure what it means) LEGO should be about creativity.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Wow.To be entirely honest, this looks really disappointing. What we have here is a very cliche, unoriginal plot with a lot of unfunny overused pop culture jokes. (particularly the cringe-worthy batman/other DC stuff)It may have a lot of respected actors, but that doesn't stop a movie from being disappointing, possibly make it even more disappointing when it does come out. I don't have a lot of hope for this film after this trailer. The first trailer showed some promise, and then this trailer deconstructed all of the aforementioned promise. Ironically, (am I using that word right? Between the people arguing what it means and what it doesn't mean, I'm still not entire sure what it means) LEGO should be about creativity.

You see, it's a matter of personal taste. Personally, I'm greatly enjoying the Batman jokes and appearances. :P Being a great fan of the Super Café series on YouTube, I'm delighted to see much of its bat-humor is in here as well.You need to understand that this movie is basically taking the so-called "LEGO humor" from the videogames on a new level. I'm not sure what you were expecting especially when it was totally clear from the beginning what the story would be about and that the basic idea is definitely not the most original in existence, though I'm sure the makers will know to surprise us. LEGO is about creativity and it's also a great deal about simply having fun and that's what that movie is trying to do: it's simply trying to be fun and enjoyable for all ages. It's really too bad this is probably not going to meet your expectations, but I never expected the most original plot of all time, I just expected a fun movie that's going to give me lots of laughter, tons of moments of nostalgia and simply a great time. I was also aware it would have cheesy humor (which I'm never too fond of), but so far my expectations for this movie have even been exceeded.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Well, I'll probably wait until someone puts the movie on youtube to watch it, but it'll probably give everyone some lols. Going to give me quite a few lols, that's for sure.

Dude, no new studio-released film is gonna be on YouTube (at least for long). It's hard to find TV shows on there, let alone movies.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

Keep in mind the fact that this movie was made with kids in mind...

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

You see, it's a matter of personal taste. Personally, I'm greatly enjoying the Batman jokes and appearances. :P Being a great fan of the Super Café series on YouTube, I'm delighted to see much of its bat-humor is in here as well.-Gata signoff.png

I've actually been getting the Super Cafe vibe from Batman too. :P I'm sort of hoping for a scene of Superman and Batman in a cafe at some point in the film, although I know that isn't going to happen.

I am personally extremely excited for this film. It's looking more and more like the LEGO movie I've been wanting for years; theatrically released, fantastic visuals, a pretty awesome cast, and the trademark LEGO humor.

Dude, no new studio-released film is gonna be on YouTube (at least for long). It's hard to find TV shows on there, let alone movies.

I suppose you do have a point....

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

It really does look like something one has to just sit back and enjoy without worrying about whether it has the best writing in the world. I think that LEGO, while absolutely capable of the most dazzling stories, can't help but put that aside in favour of the visual awesomeness that comes with such smoothly animated LEGO. Everything besides the air itself appears to be made of LEGO - even the explosions are blooming mixtures of 1-stud blocks, which is honestly stunning to my eyes. It's like the ultimate fiction for the child, who has always had to imaginarily extend their LEGO set to its surroundings - ignoring the soft carpet where the plastic street suddenly ends, for example.

I'll be supporting this movie by going to theatres to see it, and then buying it. Hopefully it's so successful that LEGO aims even higher, and creates a story for a second movie on the scale of BIONICLE.

Then again, we might be surprised with the story in this one. :)

APlayofLight_zps1888c63b.jpeg

Part One of the Chrysalis Saga

By Takuta-Nui

I can't wait for this, really. Although I'll be there sitting in the inema and suddenly realizing that I may be too old for this (because the 6-year-olds sitting behind me will probably go on repeating every joke... >.>*) , and really, it might be awkward, but dang, it's been a while since I last wanted to see a movie so badly. xD

*Then again:

[...]

So I guess I'll just have to accept it. ^^"

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I can't wait for this, really. Although I'll be there sitting in the inema and suddenly realizing that I may be too old for this (because the 6-year-olds sitting behind me will probably go on repeating every joke... >.>*) , and really, it might be awkward, but dang, it's been a while since I last wanted to see a movie so badly. xD

*Then again:

[...]

So I guess I'll just have to accept it. ^^"

Well, I wasn't saying that as "only kids should go". I think everyone can go.

I was just meaning that we can't criticize it for not having a complex plot or if it uses a bunch of corny jokes. Kids like that, and hey, I might get a chuckle out of some of them.

(But I'm guessing that you have the same stance on it. I was just clarifying my point somewhat.)

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)