Bionicle Mafia VIII: The Sound of Darkness

Portalfig

Problem is, Shadowhawk, that it means nothing except me pointing out absolutely flawed evidence. True fact: The mafia never found out who the Night Killer was; as the last many attempts went horribly wrong.However, given the fact that every single suspect alive is giving defenses, and I'm trying to point out bad evidence(Taka's ruled out due to colds and such too, and I'm fairly certain she wasn't even on half the days the Night Killer would've had to be), I find you the most suspicious. Since right from the get go of the endgame, you've been trying to have Pulse killed, for little reason but 'well he MIGHT be the killer.'

To be honest, I'm not going to favor the defense of or make any arguments for killing anyone in particular, because I have not spent the time necessary to determine exactly which of you is the killer. I might accuse the real killer or defend an innocent, and I want the killer to win this. As Lloyd says, this would be historic! Plus, then the village doesn't win either, and can join us mafia in defeat. Unless the killer was mafia-aligned, and then we can, even better, celebrate mutual victory.

Blade speaks the truth, though, that the mafia had no idea who the killer was. I think I intended all three of you to be contacted under the pretense that we believed you were the killer, although I don't know if Blade ever got that far...

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

If it helps any, the NK was not active on Nights 2 & 5 - however, Night 2 occurred about four days before Taka posted on her blog about being sick. I personally feel that Pulse is innocent; if Pulse ends up the guilty one, then he has played this game masterfully and deserves to win. I'd honestly rather lynch Shadowhawk and Taka Nuvia, but I know Shadowhawk is never going to listen, hence.

If it helps any, the NK was not active on Nights 2 & 5 - however, Night 2 occurred about four days before Taka posted on her blog about being sick. I personally feel that Pulse is innocent; if Pulse ends up the guilty one, then he has played this game masterfully and deserves to win. I'd honestly rather lynch Shadowhawk and Taka Nuvia, but I know Shadowhawk is never going to listen, hence.

Wait... how did you determine that? He made a killing, or at least attempted to, every night.

nban.jpg

End of the Blackout

The remaining Matoran all got up, extremely startled. Taka Nuvia, Pulse, and Shadowhawk were the only ones left. They found the body of Canis, and then the weight of the situation sank in. The city was once vibrant and full of life, every member working towards rebuilding the city. But now, after all this bloodshed, they were reduced to just the three of them. Mistrust was directing every action they took, and every word uttered between them was strained.

They continued their journey to this mystical generator that was supposedly down here, if only because they had nothing else to trust in. The generator was a bright light in the darkness, it was the only hope that they had left. Without the promise of the generator here to keep them sane, they would have descended into madness long ago.

The Darkness continued to encroach upon them as they walked together. This deep underground, it began to push down intensely on them and snatch the air directly out of their lungs. The silence deepened as all three of them listened for the slightest movement from the others. Every step they took sounded like the death toll for each individual one of them, calling out for them, demanding more bloodshed.

Without warning they heard another sound, this was a foreign one though. They halted, and the sound continued to come towards them. It wasn’t a clink of a Vahki; it was like another toll, another call for death. The three turned around to look at where the sound was coming from, and, shining dimly in the dark; two eyes looked back at them in a blank stare. It was Null, it had to be Null. Null was the only one who ever looked like that

The three Matoran began to tremble as an unwelcome idea crossed their minds. What if Null, who was despised throughout Metru Nui, had done all of the killings? What if every one of the deaths caused by the Night Killer was just because of the treatment of Null throughout the ages? What if it was all justified?

Pulse couldn’t take it, and he jumped forward with a mighty warcry. The other two turned, and began to run for their lives. They would do anything to get away from the death, from the blood that had been spilt for so long. They continued to run, even as the loud sounds of violence filled their world and consumed their every thought.

Pulse was an animal lashing out in fear, constantly attacking the prone body of the innocent Matoran as his companions fled. When the light from Null’s eyes finally died, he collapsed to the ground in a cool sweat. The halls absorbed the sounds and the deeds that had been done, and then there was a perfect silence again. Pulse got to his feet, and began to stumble after the others.

Just two floors below, Taka Nuvia and Shadowhawk stood in awe. It was real. The Generator was real. The lights on this floor were dim, but they could finally see again. They could finally see! The two Matoran began to dance, completely overwhelmed with joy. They clapped and they shouted aloud, then they both heard Pulse clearing his throat behind them.

They turned, and their words stumbled over each other as they expressed their delight in the light around them. Pulse coughed, and nodded enthusiastically in agreement. Then the reality of their situation sank in again, and they grew somber.

“Where’s Null?” asked Taka Nuvia, to which Pulse replied by a single shake of the head.

Shadowhawk, with tears running down his face, then pointed a figure at Pulse. “You just killed another in cold blood, didn’t you? You must be the Night Killer. It is the only explanation.”

Pulse held up his hands, trying to indicate his innocence, but they were still covered in the blood of Null. Shadowhawk stepped closer, and as Pulse opened his mouth to speak, he was stabbed in the gut.

“I’m sorry!” Shadowhawk cried out, as he stabbed Pulse again and again and tears continued to stream down his face. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry! I am so sorry!”

Taka Nuvia turned her face away, but not before she recognized the knife in Shadowhawks hand. It was the same shape as the ones she had felt on Canis, and on The X and Voxumo. Veigar had a similarly curved blade in his body as well. What this meant sunk in, and she began to cry as well.

Shadowhawk fell to his knees, and dropped Pulse’s lifeless body onto the cold, stone floor. The sounds of their weeping filled the room, and then, through the sobs, Shadowhawk began to speak.

“I never wanted this!” He cried, “I can’t… I just can’t help it! I… I have never been able to control myself once the night comes.”

He stood shakily to his feet, and he turned slowly to look at Taka Nuvia.

“I was always so careful though! I made sure that I would never kill you, because… Because I couldn’t live with it! I can’t live with it! I won’t live with it any longer!

The loud ringing of the knife hitting the ground was deafening, and Shadowhawk kicked it over to Taka Nuvia. She slowly bent down, and then picked up the weapon of death. Shadowhawk then flung himself on the ground, and cried out to Taka, to Protalgif, to the heavens, to anything that would listen and take pity.

“End it! End it please!”

His tears soaked the concrete, as Taka’s tears fell from her face. She adjusted the grip of the knife, and then she ended the Insane Matoran’s life. She collapsed, but then she looked up. The lights were brightening, the generator had started up again fully somehow!

Her tears began to change to tears of joy, as her destroyed and devastated world was once more filled with light. The Blackout was over, the Darkness had fled, and she was the only one left to witness it.

---

Protalgif held the staff loosely in his hand. He had just restored light and power to Metru Nui, but now his time was up. He began to tour the city, one last farewell lap to this city that he loved. Makuta would probably rise again, now, but Protalgif didn’t have time to watch. He was expected to finish this now.

He raised the staff once more, and then he found himself at the top of Mt. Power, the place where the Staff was created, the place where the staff was made. He scrambled down the side a little ways, and then he was at the entrance to the chamber, where the Staff would wait. It would wait for the next Host, for the next brave soul who would dare to climb Mt. Power’s perilous peaks.

Protalgif strode across the chamber, which looked like Le-Koro at the moment, a fact that was not lost on him. Le-Koro was where his first journey had started; fitting that he should end his second journey in the same place. He approached the pedestal in the center, and looked around one final time. He began to say his goodbyes, and then mere minutes later he left, no longer an immortal. As he exited the chamber, he was gone, taken to wherever the next host wanted him.

Epilogue

Not long after Protalgif left, a single hand grabbed the ledge in front of the chamber. A being pulled

himself up, and then left himself sprawled out, resting at the entrance of the Chamber. He was known by many names, but the name most people knew him by was Ibrow. He had made this journey many times, so he wasted no time, after he caught his breath, of course, before walking into the Chamber.

It looked like the old Sector 31, which was still consumed in chaos. The Chamber never let him forget about it, about his early folly. He tried to not look at it, if he didn’t have to. He approached the pedestal, and slid the Staff of Unlimited Power right out. He grinned, glad at the sight of his old friend, and he began to turn and walk away.

Suddenly, something connected with his stomach, and he fell to the ground. He was being assaulted by

something, and it wanted the Staff. He fought gallantly, but a swift punch in the face momentarily knocked him out. When he awoke moments later, he just saw a mysterious figure wearing a cloak leaving, taking with it the Staff.

Ibrow sat up, but the figure was gone before he could do anything about it. He slammed the ground in rage, but he could do nothing bring it back.

---

If anyone could have seen the surface of Aqua Magna, they would have seen the body of an iron giant rising quickly out of the water, then flying out into space faster than what should have been possible. After that, if one was to continue watch it, one would have seen it flying straight for the nearest planet, all the while it was flailing around and out of control.

And if one was to realize what was about to happen, they would quickly leave before the bloodshed began anew, this time even more violent and deadly than before. After all, nobody was in control anymore, and chaos was about to overtake them all again. Only this time, it would be worse than ever.

To Be Continued in…

mafia_ix_banner.jpg

External discussion here. Thank you all for such a great game! I will elaborate on the blog post in a second. =P

Edited by Protalgif

Aww... and you were so close to only killing Pulse.

So, what were the hints for the night killer, and what was his role description?

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

Hints were pretty much everything people said about the NK being the embodiment of how Shadowhawk was playing. He was also the only person(If I did everything right...) who ever actually "looked" or "saw" while the Blackout was still going on. A hawk made of shadows would have pretty good Night Vision, I would think. As well, at least once he "descended" onto his victim, indicating that he came from above.

Those are the ones I can think of off of the top of my head lol. =P

Insane Matoran: An insane matoran, long locked in an asylum. Every night he chooses 3 people to protect, and a RNG chooses who he actually kills. Kills once per night.

How this role is the one that made it this far is a mystery to me. Lol.

And lol Burnmad I have no idea where you came up with all of that. The Darkness was, like, the theme of the entire game but whatever. And those clever Pulse clues are even more a stretch than that first Sheogorath clue. xD

Yep, no doubt I'll be in the next one.

just pls don't kill me round one it's no fun being dead the entire game.

Exactly this.

Y'all have no idea just how BORING this game was, being dead since night one.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun