Bionicle Mafia VIII: The Sound of Darkness

Portalfig

Okay, guys, there are two slots left, after almost two days. Time to unleash plan 184: Advertise.Get all of your friends, your relatives, your dogs, and whatever the case may be,and let's fill in these last spots before I get back tonight! =D

...and what exactly is the crime that I am guilty of this time? O.e My name being non-conformist? Sheesh...

Why, of course! Conformity must be kept at all costs.

Oh, and we are accusing you of murder. That one isn't nearly as bad.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

36 Hours Later…

There it was. Metru Nui, the City of Legends.

A figure flew about the city, looking down as waves of nostalgia washed over him. This was the first location he had ever visited, or even seen, in the BIONICLE universe. He remembered how dark it had seemed at the time, and how all hope had seemed lost. His face contorted into a small grimace as he thought about just how wrong that was. Now was much worse in every sense of the word.

The Staff in his hand jolted, and he looked up at the sky. It must be starting. The Universe was rising again. He thought for a moment, and then realized that this was going to be a fantastic place and time to mess up the ever-present “canon”. He stopped where he was, and lifted the Staff high into the air. With that, the timeline split, and he began to tinker with what he had created.

---

The six Toa stood in the center of the Coliseum, looking up at the source of the deafening noise. Hundreds of Matoran were seated throughout the building, throwing the largest celebration in known history. The Toa Nuva waved to them all, and then Turaga Dume stepped up to speak.

“Today, we honor Mata Nui, who has at last returned to us from the darkness into which he was cast by the evil Makuta. And we honor the Toa Nuva who awakened the Great Spirit once more… And all the Toa, living and dead, who helped bring about this glorious day!” He shouted into the crowd. “We are free!”

Then a chill wind began to blow, and the stars in the sky rearranged into a horrifyingly recognizable form. The Mask of Shadows was placed in the very sky above them, and then came his voice from all around them as the Matoran fell silent. It was the voice of Makuta himself.

“Free of what? I am the very ground you walk on… the air you breathe. No longer must I fight to rule a universe. I am the universe!”

Tahu stepped forth and screamed at the sky with anger burning in his eyes. “We have fought you before, and won! All of us – the Toa Nuva, Toa Mahri, Toa Hagah - all of us will fight you until the end!“

A sinister chuckle carried on the wind, but then the Makuta spoke again. “You will, won’t you? I guess something will have to be done then.”

The Toa all wondered just what he meant, when suddenly a flash of light erupted from each of their chests. The light seemed to burn through the very soul of the watcher, and when it faded away the Toa were gone.

The Makuta’s voice then rang throughout the city again, this time, with even more menace in his voice. “I know you Matoran better than you ever gave me credit for. I know you would rebel in an instant if you had the chance. I won’t let you have that chance!”

Brilliant light began to shine from each Matoran’s chest, and soon the light began to spill out of the Coliseum. There was no shadowy corner, no darkened wall anywhere in the entire city. Then the lights began blinking out, one by one, until without warning everything went black. The stars in the sky disappeared, the lights throughout the city had been vanquished, and the only signs of life in the entire city were that of twenty-five Matoran, all crying out in frightened horror of what they had just witnessed.

---

PMs are going out now, I need everyone who is active at night to reply within 48 hours with all information I need. Let's get this ball rolling! =D

I have a question about the Mafia, now that I've finally gotten around to reading the first post. =P

You say that for every person they send, the amount of suspects in each killing goes down by one, yes? You also say that for each one that dies, they get more careful, adding one to the suspect list in each killing, yes?

Then you give an example, that if they sent all three people after one died, there would be three suspects for each killing. But if they had had 4 living and sent three, wouldn't there have been three suspects anyway? Shouldn't it be 4 suspects if they had three people and sent all three?

- :burnmad:

I have a question about the Mafia, now that I've finally gotten around to reading the first post. =P

You say that for every person they send, the amount of suspects in each killing goes down by one, yes? You also say that for each one that dies, they get more careful, adding one to the suspect list in each killing, yes?

Then you give an example, that if they sent all three people after one died, there would be three suspects for each killing. But if they had had 4 living and sent three, wouldn't there have been three suspects anyway? Shouldn't it be 4 suspects if they had three people and sent all three?

You are correct, the equation looks a little something like this.

Suspect list = 6 - (number of times the Mafia kill) + (Number of dead Mafians)

So yeah, that should be four people in that suspect list. I just derped real hard, and made the constant 5 when I wrote that example. xD

And of course I got on BZP 16 hours to late. figures. I'll just run a commentary.

EDIT: wait I'm in as a Ta- Matoran =P :

In a café on the other side of the city a while later, a silver Matoran wearing a Kanohi Rode sat down and began to eat his doughnut. A jazzy song filled the room from the front of the café, where a Ta-Matoran sat, playing an instrument. The silver Matoran knew he wouldnt get to relax like this once this next week began, so he had to treat himself now. He held his hand over his doughnut, and began to suck the nutrients out of it while looking out onto the peaceful streets. They wont be peaceful for long. He thought with a sigh. No, not for long at all.

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Hmm.. never before have i heard such solid reasoning for why i should be lynched..

*proceeds to head towards the noose* actually i have heard better reasoning * and he turns right back around*

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

16 Hours After Blackout: Dusk of the First Day

Far above Metru-Nui, the Host looked down and smiled at the darkened city. The ease with which he could do this was… fascinating to say the least. However, his goal from this point was to stay out of the way and watch the fireworks. He was so tempted to interfere though…

“No!” he cried aloud. “I have read far too many books to let the infinite powers of a single artifact completely change who I am!” He looked down at the staff longingly, but ultimately he stored it on his back before firmly crossing his arms and staring intently at the events transpiring below.

---

Chaos was the only word that could be used to describe the city below. Some Matoran stumbled through the streets, laying waste to anything in their path, just trying to feel a sign of life. Others had rolled up, rocking back and forth, comforting themselves. And then there was a few who took charge. They gathered up all of the Matoran they could find, and began to discuss the best course of action.

One of these groups was near the coliseum. There were only six Matoran there, and the discussions quickly became heated. The uncertainty and fear of every Matoran was clear in every word said, every brush of a shoulder and every unintentional bump into another Matoran.The group was deliberating on what to do next.

“We should stay here!” said Onarax, “This is the Coliseum! Surely any other survivors out there will come here, to us.”

“We can’t see here!” cried out Sheogorath, “We need to find somewhere with light! If we can’t see, who cares who else is here?”

Burnmad agreed to this, saying “Ta-Metru still had some fires burning when I left earlier. Maybe we can find some coals there to start our own flames?”

Kamikez proposed a joke about Burnmad being a pyromaniac, and the entire group stood in awkward silence. After a few seconds, he agreed to that being a good way to start out.

Tex spoke up then, and he said that he would go. “After all, I am not getting any sleep tonight.”

The group began to mutter their agreements, and Ora_Unit_SR388 said “I’ll go too! I have my E-Saber to protect us! What do you say, Tex?”

Absolute silence once again, and Onarax stepped forward to where Tex’s voice used to be. “Tex?

Where’d you go?” One more step, then Onarax hit something in his way and fell to the ground. He quickly scrambled back to his feet, as Kamikez whispered to the others, “What just happened?”

Onarax knelt back down and felt for what he tripped on, and his worst nightmares were coming true. “Tex is dead.” Onarax said. “He has a knife in his back.”

Sheogorath screeched out “H-he’s dead?! How could that have happened?”

“It had to be one of us!” Burnmad said, “We would have heard anyone else sneaking here. One of us killed Tex!”

---

Elsewhere in the city, two Matoran sat and were having a conversation.

“I never understood the other Matoran,” said one of them, “but I have the strangest sense of knowing you. It is almost as if we have met before.” He laughed and then continued saying “That is just silly though. I couldn’t have met you before! Karzahni, I haven’t met another Matoran in over two millennia.”

They sat in companionable silence, and then the first one got to his feet. “Thanks for listening,” he said, “but I really need to get going now.” He walked away, whistling a happy tune, leaving behind just the mangled remains of The X.

Tex (Villager) Killed. The X (Villager) Killed.

Suspect List for Tex:

Sheogorath

Ora_unit_SR388

Onarax

Burnmad

Kamikez

Suspect List for The X:

None, nobody saw or even knew of the crime until I told you he was dead. Make something up!

Okay, I feel my innocence should be proven well enough by the stating of my policy: I don't kill my friends until they're the only ones left, or I know they're against me.

Even if iBrow had told me his role, which he can tell you he hasn't, I wouldn't have wasted a kill on a Villager, now would I have?

To quote Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.

Anyway, I vote Sheogorath for crime 1. Daedric Prince of Madness and all. Crime 2, dunno yet.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Wait, hold on Burn. You might not have killed him per say, but that doesn't rule you out, does it? After all, you did establish about the whole mafia thing earlier, and also brought up the point that they could send multiple people. If that's the case, then wouldn't two people be in the scene? Besides, going from experience in past games, you don't always get a choice in the matter, so that mgiht just be an excuse right there. =P The others could've overruled you, and you could be using this to become innocent. xPNow, I'm gonna hold off on voting right now... But I do just wanna mention something interesting. Ora mentioned last night about wanting to kill iBrow. Then he pipes up in the scene about having a sword or knife or whatever 'saber' means in this context. Then ibrow is stabbed in the back. Are we absolutely certain that all these things are not all interconnected? Think carefully here, it might mean the difference between correctly getting people, and letting the killer go free. =P

I would just like to say that I hate you all.

Village roles pm me, this Mafia is going to go down screaming.

Also X, if you're so inclined to pm me too. Remaining in contact will keep things easier. I do have several reasons to suspect Unit for your murder (or being the one to suggest mine, if not actually carrying it out...)

Edited by Tex

After all, you did establish about the whole mafia thing earlier, and also brought up the point that they could send multiple people. If that's the case, then wouldn't two people be in the scene?

Eeehh... wat

Multiple killings, not multiple people to the same scene?

For the first list, I vote Burnmad, on the basis that it will only anger him. Somebody's gotta die, whether innocent or not. Can't take any chances. Everyone knows how to feign innocence, whether successfully or unsuccessfully.For the murder of that poor X, I legitimately vote Xaeraz. The only dangerous psychopath. The reasoning for this is the lack of evidence otherwise.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Eh... I'm going to conclude that, based on what little evidence is present in the scene, Ora_unit_SR388 murdered Tex. Notice that he specifically volunteered to accompany his intended victim on the proposed expedition, thus granting himself numerous murder opportunities if the first didn't work out so well. Also note that it was Ora himself who referred to his weapon as a 'Saber'; for all we know, it might have actually been a knife, and he was just trying to throw us off the scent. This all happened in utter blackness, remember...?Concerning the matter of the lunatic killer, I'm going to second Pulse. Xaeraz is just too bloodthirsty, in mah humble opinion. Additionally, he specifically stated that he relies on gut instinct (or, rather, his clavicle) to make decisions, which doesn't really make him sound like an entirely level-headed individual, now does it? Just the type who might talk to the corpses of his deceased victims.In conclusion, then, I propose we lynch Ora_unit_SR388 and Xaeraz. If anyone comes up with any better ideas, though, I'll willingly switch my votes. :wakeup: