Your First Set

Just A Dot

I think it was either the McD's Macku, Onepu, or Matoro. I was 4 back then, so don't blame me for not remembering.

^ If that doesn't count then I think I got my first set from this weird random guy who gave me the Mata version of Gali, including the canister, but without the hooks and the booklet.

A friend of my mother's gave me Tahu a few days after I received Gali.

Now a good portion of my collection are broken thanks to my little brother, whom I now banished him from ever getting near my stuff, and the fact that I had a tendency of taking the sets apart and rebuilding them into grotesque beings. I have now shamed myself.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

My neighbor got me Lewa and two of the other Mata (I believe Gali was one of them) for my 4th birthday. I built them and fell in love with the line instantly. My mom still blames her for 10 years of BIONICLE fanaticism.

Edited by Mr Caes
"You are what you dare."

-Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting

Tohunga Matoro was both my first Bionicle and Lego set. I was with my parents watching my older brother in a soccer match. I think when the game was halfway, we quickly went to a McDonald's mini store thing that was literally meters away from the soccerfield, both me and my brother got a Matoro each. i was pretty happy, even though i didn't know anything about Bionicle at the time. However, my brother had great interest in Bionicle, which is what resulted in us going there in the first place.

Edited by Rooster Nui

I got my first set when I was five, back in 2002.  Mom used to give me Lego sets if I got all A's in School (Usually, it was Galidor, I think).  Then one day, she got me Kohrak.  I remember curling it into a ball and flying it around the room.  After that, I got the rest of the Bohrok, except Gahlok.  By then, I guess it was 2003, because the sixth set I got was Gahlok-Kal.  When it became apparent I liked Bionicle, mom got me the '01 sets online.  I also got all the Mctoran... I may have gotten a McToran or two before 02.  It's too long ago to remember, but I don't think so. 

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

My first set was Lehvak, I barely remember the day but I think it was my seventh birthday. I'd never heard of Bionicle before but the Bohrok got me hooked instantly. It was the coolest darn thing I'd ever seen! For three years after that I got as many sets as my parents would allow, then had a bit of a hiatus in 2005-2006. When Mahri Nui came along I really got into the story and started writing comedies on this very forum! And here we are now.

First and only HF set was Jet Rocka. Just 'cause. :P

11f40ad3-a706-4876-98bb-d654857048d6_zps

HEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S DEKKY!

New comedy: The Time Before Time 

New artwork: Keetorange Productions Animation Studio

Kurahk. I was 6 (one year too young FTW).

Those Rahkshi are still awesome, even though I use few of their pieces anymore.

EDIT: Fixed Kurahk, I always spell it with two "U's ".

Edited by Heontris

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

I got Onua and Gali Mata first - I guess you could count Gali first since she was the first I opened/built (I remember thinking ladies first :P ), but on the other hand I remember Onua was my favourite/one I was most excited about getting and he was also the one I chose first, so hard to say which I'd say was the absolute first. :P

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

Hello all! I've been a dedicated Bionicle fan nearly my entire life, was never aware of these forums when it was in its prime, and didn't find it relevant enough (personally) to create an account after the franchise ended. Now that the second coming is upon us, what better time to make myself at home in this fine place? This is my first post!

I remember getting my first Bionicle set very fondly, actually. Back in the summer of 2001 - I was five years old - my sister took modeling classes in the city. Every week or so, my mother and I would go pick her up from the school; every month or so, if I was good, she'd buy me a toy at the in-mall Toys "R" Us nearby. A day or so before we made our weekly trip, mom showed me an ad in the paper for on-sale Lego sets. She expressed interest in the featured line she'd never heard of, "Bionicle." She said they looked cool and asked if I had ever seen them before. I hadn't. But I undoubtedly shared a similar if not superior interest in them. The following car ride to the mall was full of anticipation. Sitting in the parking lot waiting for my sister's class to end was torture! When we finally arrived at the toy store, I knew exactly what I wanted. I bypassed all other aisles without hesitation and made my way to the Lego section. There, I was treated to a row of colorful canisters out of which I chose one: Mata Tahu. I held the plastic tube close to me all the way back home and once we arrived I made haste to tear open the seal and dump the parts all over the carpet, ready to be assembled. I clearly recall struggling to snap the pieces together at my age - a concept I laugh at now. That satisfying *snap* ball sockets make when you fit them together has been long since part of me now. 

While each and every introduction a fan has into Bionicle is undoubtedly special; I admit I am bias in this opinion: the ones who's first set when they were young was a Toa Mata (maybe even specifically Tahu) had a slightly more magical experience. We were unknowingly embarking into something that would stick with us our whole lives. And we started that journey at the very beginning of it all.

• Upvote 1

My first BIONICLE "set" was a happy Meal Toy of Vezok in 2006.

I started following the story through the comics in 2008.

My first actual set was Strakk in 2009.

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

My first BIONICLE "set" was a happy Meal Toy of Vezok in 2006.

My first actual set was Strakk in 2009.

My first BIONICLE "set" was a happy Meal Toy of Krika in 2008.

My first actual set was Strakk in late 2008.

:P

Toa Tahu Mata. It was new years I believe, maybe an hour before 2002, and my older cousin had gotten a spare Tahu Mata for his birthday,  and for whatever reason, gave it to me. Needless to say, I loved it. I brought it home after the ball dropped and I was just staring at how awesome this cool red robot was. It took me a while to go to bed, but i remember loving him to death, and then on my birthday a few months later, my cousin deemed BIONICLE "childish" and gave me almost all of the sets from the Toa Mata up to the Toa Nuva. I had to go back and get the Borok-Kal later on, and then continued with the Rakshi as they were the current guys out, but yes, that is how I got into BIONICLE with my first set Toa Tahu Mata.

Edited by Guardian Legend

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

Oh man... This topic. How often have I answered this? Haha.

Although my memory of something 13 odd years ago my be pretty hazy, I still remain fairly confident that my first set was the original Toa Tahu. And he's still one of the coolest there's ever been.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

In 2001 my family's tenant at the time presented Onua and Gali Mata to me and a friend and told us to pick one each. I remember deliberating for a while (Although if noticing while rewatching the movies that they're much faster than I remember them is any indication, time seemed to move a lot slower back then, so it was probably only a few seconds in reality) before settling on Gali.

I honestly can't remember why I picked Gali (Blue is my favourite colour now, but back then I think it was yellow)

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Ah, I remember it well. It was in 2005, though I had already been a fan for quite a well thanks to a classmate of mine, and seeing all his sets I really wanted one of my own. My mom finally took me to Toys R Us. I immediately began looking for the BIONICLE sets and found them easily. The aisles were full of Toa Hordika sets as well as Visorak. After deep contemplation I finally picked Onewa Hordika. Satisfied, I put him in the shopping cart. My mom began walking away with the cart, and I was following when my eyes suddenly caught sight of the glorious canister that would house the pieces of my first BIONICLE sets, the one that contained Nuju Metru.

He was the last 2004 set in the whole place, standing alone on an empty shelf. It was a little high up, but he just looked so unbelievably cool I made my decision in an instant. I jumped up as high as I could and grabbed the canister, and quickly put him in the shopping cart and took Onewa out. I was super excited as we left the store, and still remember opening the canister in the car and looking down at all the fresh white pieces. 

Ah, good times.

• Upvote 1

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Makuta Gorast. That might be a little late, but it's because of my parents thinking toys were useless. Once I got it though, I attempted to build it in the car at night and it failed. It was probably because of all of my excitement. Also, I freaked out when I found out she was a girl.

Edit : Maybe I should go more in-depth? It was me, at an outlet. I was with my dad and we were walking until I feasted my eyes on a toy store! Naturally, as a little kid, I rushed inside, knowing what I wanted to get. Back then my parents never took me to toy stores, so this was great. I was a big fan of BIONICLE back then, even if I didn't have any of the sets. I used to read about BIONICLE for entire days on my computer and I even read some of the graphic novels my school library happened to have. With the new Mistika and Phantoka out, I knew who I wanted to get: Lewa

Sadly, Lewa was all out. All there was left was the Makuta. Obviously, I picked the green Gorast, since I love green. I asked my dad for it, pretty please, and to my surprise, he said yes. That was probably one of my happiest moments of my life. Reading about and wanting a BIONICLE set for years and finally getting one is a marvelous feeling. With my new Gorast in hand, we headed home. Not before my parents stopped by a Target. It was nearing night time, and my parents left me and my 15 yr old brother. I got so excited to build Gorast that I opened the set in the plain darkness of the car and tried to build it.

I regret that decision.

Edited by Toropekurupa

Gaaki was my first Bionicle set. I remember being in first grade and my best friend holding out two lego sets. This mini fire truck thing or Gaaki. He told me to choose one, and I'd get to keep it. Thankfully, I chose Gaaki, and thus began my love for Bionicle.

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people, people he's never met before and who don't know his name, can live." -Hahli

Let's see... I might have a bunch of different things here that could refer to as a first set. When I was 5, I remember my Mom and I going to a garage sale. I was looking around at the toys, and then I saw... a box of Lego pieces. It was a big bin of them. we bougt it for $7 (my Mom totally ripped off the kid selling it) and yeah. So, you're probably wondering what this has to do with Bionicle... 2 years later, I was looking through my Lego collection, and found these weird pieces. They looked like arms... with balls at the ends. Digging around some more, I found some parts tha connected to those. Later I figured out the parts I had were those from 8533 Gali and 8540 Vakama. I was intrigued by these pieces, so I went to Lego.com to see if I ould learn more about them. I stumbled across the Bionicle website, and I found what I was looking for. I remember going to Target and looking in the Lego aisle at the Bionicle selection. My favorite color is green, so I thought 8910Toa Kongu looked awesome, and I remember seeing 8930 Dekar and how cool his little swords were! You should've seen the excitement on my face, when in Christmas 2007, I opened up none other than Toa Kongu and Dekar! I was so freaked out...

a year later, the Phantoka came out, and me (Not knowing any of the Bionicle story besides the names and such) thought they were cool.

I mean who wouldn't like giant robots flying around trying to kill each other? I really liked how Pohatu looked, so I sold a lot of my old toys, and then my parents let me buy him! I was so excited. so Toa Kongu and Dekar were my first sets, and Toa Pohatu was the first set I bought.

my first set was the original toa tahu from 2001, set number 8534

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Interestingly enough, my first set was Makuta Icarax. Though I had begun following the story much earlier than that, I was never a part of the richest of families and I was more of a general LEGO fan than strictly a Bionicle fan, though I had always wanted Gali Mata since I saw her in the MNOG, and I have yet to get her.

OK,  this all started when I was about 3 years old. Back in 2005, my big brother and sister got their first sets, Roodaka, Sidorak, and Keetongu. I really liked Sidorak and I decided I wanted my own. 

But MY first set was in 2006 and it was the Toa Inika version of Kongu. I got hooked ever since then.

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

I actually remember my first three sets I got, which were Rahaga Iruini, an Oohnorak and Toa Hordika Vakama. It gets all hazy after that. I read the story online, and started visiting secondhand stores in hopes of finding older sets( I managed to get Onua, Kopaka and Pohatu Mata from those :D ), while steadily getting new ones. My cousins had MoL and LoMN on VHS, which hooked me into the story hard.

Also, whee, first post.

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

My very first Bionicle set was Toa Tahu Mata, way back in 01'. I was on vacation with my family and we had to stop at a walmart in Dallas, Texas. I knew it was my opportunity and asked my parents if I could get one, after obsessively studing the info from the LEGO magazine and comic, Onua was my fisrt choice, but seeing that they did not have him, Tahu was my first, not a month later and I had Onua too. That's when it all began...

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I bought every single throwbot and every single roborider so I wanted to try out the next thing. They had an ad for selling Vakama and Tahu as a set in Lego magazine so I went for it! Still have them in good condition. Except for Vakama's rubber band since Lego couldn't make a decent rubber band.

Yeah

So, unlucky for me, i was born the year Bionicle was released. I couldn't buy anything until 2006 when i saved up $15. I thought it was the most money in the world. So, i begged my dad to drive me to target so i could get the set i wanted since the beginning of that year...

Hahli Inika.

Yep. Fight me. Still one of my favorite set to date.