Hero: Jack O'Lantern

Nukaya

For LEGO's Brick Your Pumpkin challenge, I made a quick Hero Factory pumpkin hero.

His name is Jack O'Lantern and he ensures that everyone stays safe on Halloween and gets lots of candy.

This is a little ridic and even though I rarely build with pieces that aren't System, this was really fun! I made the shoulder armor Bionicle masks, because you've have to represent. For the H, I carved it out, and then whittled away around the sides to make the H pop out in a similar fashion to the Hero cores.

10620688866_c73aa7b121.jpg

OMG that's a non-Lego piece and would never be allowed in a BBC Contest. :P

That's pretty cool. Honestly, I'm most impressed by the carvings in the pumpkin, which turned out really well. You also got the porportions down pretty well with the arms and legs. Didn't realize there was a Lego challenge, but your's looks pretty good compared to some of the competition, so good luck. ;)

:music:

Lacking fire on the inside, but this caught me off guard. I was expecting....nothing organic lol. I love the orange komau masks you have and overall is a fun idea

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I like how you combined mechanical and organic. I guess that's sort of how I imagined bionicles, but this is just a really new and interesting way to portray that.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I can't believe someone made a hero out of a pumpkin. Its awesome! How did you attach the parts though? Glue?

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

I can't believe someone made a hero out of a pumpkin. Its awesome! How did you attach the parts though? Glue?

If you look closely, his legs and maybe his arms are simply pegged in with black axels through the pumpkin.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

If you look closely, his legs and maybe his arms are simply pegged in with black axels through the pumpkin.
Correct!. I made a small hole to make sure it was lined up/would go through, and then just stabbed the axle rods through. It's pretty sturdy if the feet are positioned correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's good but odd, the upper arm is good but i think the armor need some works, the lower leg is not that good and i think you should of use the normal Hero Factory leg and it's armor. The Punkin is alright but i think you should have add a head with the MOC.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Nice - excellent work on the carving and the arms, although I'm pretty sure the orange parts is partly due to the amazing powers of spray paint. :P (I could be wrong - but if I'm right it was worth it.) Have to agree with ShadowWolfHount on the legs though. :shrugs:

I'm pretty sure all of the orange parts are actual pieces. Which ones don't you think exist in orange?

Nice - excellent work on the carving and the arms, although I'm pretty sure the orange parts is partly due to the amazing powers of spray paint. :P (I could be wrong - but if I'm right it was worth it.) Have to agree with ShadowWolfHount on the legs though. :shrugs:

I'm pretty sure all of the orange parts are actual pieces. Which ones don't you think exist in orange?

The Komau and the two Mata-like arm parts.

The rest I can see as part of Nex 2.0, and there's one that looks like it was from a Rahaga Norik. (Could be wrong though.)

The Komau and the two Mata-like arm parts. The rest I can see as part of Nex 2.0, and there's one that looks like it was from a Rahaga Norik. (Could be wrong though.)

The Komau were commonly available in mask pasks in 2001, and I think were also in the Manas.The one arm part was from Tahnok. I can't see the other one that well, but it might be a Toa Mata arm from Tahu.

The Komau and the two Mata-like arm parts. The rest I can see as part of Nex 2.0, and there's one that looks like it was from a Rahaga Norik. (Could be wrong though.)

The Komau were commonly available in mask pasks in 2001, and I think were also in the Manas.The one arm part was from Tahnok. I can't see the other one that well, but it might be a Toa Mata arm from Tahu.

I see it well and it is the Toa Mata arm from Tahu. The Manas only had the yellow Komau and the one that was in orange was the Ruru, so he have gotten those from the 2001 mask packs.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I'm really impressed with the pumpkin carving. I'm wondering how long it took for you to carve it out.

I see it well and it is the Toa Mata arm from Tahu. The Manas only had the yellow Komau and the one that was in orange was the Ruru, so he have gotten those from the 2001 mask packs.

I remember the Komau being in mask packs but I'm not sure about the arms.

Edited by Toa Kranan: TOUAB

Well it's good but odd, the upper arm is good but i think the armor need some works, the lower leg is not that good and i think you should of use the normal Hero Factory leg and it's armor. The Punkin is alright but i think you should have add a head with the MOC.

Yes it's odd. It was a joke build. And I'll use whatever I want for legs. Also because DeeVee has a total of like, three orange pieces ever. I'm not sure what a "punkin" is, but it's has a pumpkin for a body because it's Halloween, and no one's going to take a roly-poly bodied Hero with a tiny head on it seriously. Then again, I made this as a joke, so I'm not taking it seriously either.

Anyway, when Christmas rolls around, I'll see if I can jam some body parts on to a tiny Christmas tree and make a Hero called Noel Jingle. Ooh! And for Thanksgiving I'll make one with a turkey named Macy Gobble.

PS I'm really not taking this seriously. Or am I ???

Nice - excellent work on the carving and the arms, although I'm pretty sure the orange parts is partly due to the amazing powers of spray paint. :P (I could be wrong - but if I'm right it was worth it.)

Have to agree with ShadowWolfHount on the legs though. :shrugs:

It's not spray paint...? I'm a little bit more creative than that.

Jack O'Lantern worked very hard in the gym to get those legs, thank you very much. His feelings are hurt. He's going to take all of your candy back and is going to egg your house.