LEGO Movie Minifigs and Sets

The guys over at From Bricks to Bothans recently <a href='http://www.fbtb.net/2013/11/01/the-lego-movie-cmf-series-12-cloud-cuckoo-palace-set-revealed/' target='offsite'>uncovered some images</a> of the next Collectible Minifig wave. It's going to be based on the upcoming LEGO movie, featuring major and minor characters. While I'm disappointed at the lack of Morgan Freeman, there's a lot of awesome stuff there. Additionally, there's an image of one of the sets that will accompany the movie, featuring Alison Brie's Uni-Kitty character. This movie keeps getting better and better!View the full article

Though I am kind of excited about the Lego Movie, I'm not sure about this wave. It doesn't feature nearly as many interesting or new pieces as previous waves. Add that to the expensive price of $3 per a single minifigure when you could get a polybag for just a few more dollars, and I think I'll skip this wave.

The Lego Movie sets we've seen so far look incredible. This is one of the first "potpourri" themes since Time Cruisers, but it manages to be more effective at creating an eclectic mix of Lego themes that still comes together to form a compelling whole.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I find it weird that a they didn't include in this wave of collectible minifigures. A minifig of the character Vitruvius

The only main characters in this series are alternate costumes. There are plenty of regular sets to feature important characters in. Vitruvius comes in at least one, 70809

I think I'll wait until these arrive on the shelves to make judgments, but Wyldstyle's dress is a put-off, as the movie has her in slacks.

And that set looks like a Lego Friends set to me...only worse. That cat looks adorable though.

I was hoping that they would give Wildstyle a vehicle or something like that - show some girl class - and that Emmet would get his own feature. Still waiting.

I think I'll wait until these arrive on the shelves to make judgments, but Wyldstyle's dress is a put-off, as the movie has her in slacks. And that set looks like a Lego Friends set to me...only worse. That cat looks adorable though. I was hoping that they would give Wildstyle a vehicle or something like that - show some girl class - and that Emmet would get his own feature. Still waiting.

Wyldstyle appears in slacks in just about every other set that has her. The dress is simply an alternate costume, probably worn in only one scene of the movie. The same applies to Construction Emmet, who lacks the helmet in most of the other sets.I posted pics of pretty much all the sets in this topic, so head on over there if you want a better idea of what else is in store.