The Tale of Arzaki (Game)

Arzaki

THE TALE OF ARZAKI

Well, I've wanted to make this game for.... well... years? A long time. I've had the idea for a long, long time, but the storyline and whatnot has changed a lot since I first came up with it. Anyway, this game is based off my epic, The Tale of Arzaki, that got deleted when the forum got hacked. The storyline and stuff is a bit different from the epic, but you can't get it exact with a game.

At the moment, the download is just a demo with a bit less than 20 minutes of gameplay, I would say. It does need polishing, however, and I'm sure it has a few bugs. I made the game with RPGMaker VX Ace, and it uses the default sprites and sounds and stuff. It will eventually have custom sprites, and possibly custom music.

In the demo, there is currently one side-dungeon and one storyline dungeon. Both can accessed as of now, and both are really short. There are three bosses, all of which are easy. If you're one of the, oh, 4 people who read my epic, the Kane-Ra fight is a bit boring and just a plain time-waster, but I didn't know what else to do.

SCREENIES:

(I will have a few more later)

screeny1.png

Ahhh... I love the smell of molten rock in the morning!

screeny4.png

How bad could it POSSIBLY be?

screeny5.png

OH NOES!!

screeny7.png

Oh, great....

Downloads(all are MediaFire):

Demo

Demo(v2)

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Arzaki

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I will comment that in order to get most people to take the time to download 180 MB you probably need screenshots, even if just one.So, first impressions after a few minutes of play time:- You don't have an explanation of controls anywhere. Even if this is just a list in the topic or a key bind menu in the game, you should probably communicate the basic functions. RPG Maker has the nice standard of using multiple setups, though, so that both Z and Space can be used interchangably as the primary selection key.- Like you said, the graphics are RPG Maker standard,. They look nice, but they are not BIONICLE, and thus I don't get the right "feel" from the game yet. You might want to focus on getting new graphics in ASAP, before people "play through" your entire game from the demos with the wrong graphics. :)- I bumbled around the starting town until I found the mines, and the difficulty was a bit meh. I just kept pressing "Attack" until I reached the boss, and right outside it the game even tells me exactly what item I should use (the Water Spheres, which are otherwise completely useless in combat, I found). It then does negligible damage to me while I use a few spheres to kill it. Afterwards I entered the chamber to look for either a chest or a teleport out, but found none. I did find that when you pass over the boss trigger tile again, the boss re-appears. This happens every time you pass it, so I could easily farm HP boost items if I wanted. You'll probably want to fix that.There's not much to say about the story at this point, so I'll wait until it gets fleshed out to do so. I did wonder what the special sword does, though. It seems to be a regular RPG starting weapon ATM.

Edited by Katuko

-snip-

Yesterday, after I posted this, I did get some images off of BS01, and erased all that background stuff on them. I have yet to make sprites for characters at the moment, though.

The mines were actually the side dungeon, and a friend of mine who tested it told me about the dragon. I fixed up the farming thing. The reason why there was no teleporter or anything was partially because I had no idea how to do stuff like that at the time.

The swords will have some sort of ability eventually, but at the moment, the only "special ability" about appears after the Kane-Ra cave. I probably should add some indication that the exit to the Magnar Plains is at the bottom of the village, and that's how you progress the plot.

I'm hoping that the next time I post a new download here, there will be more bionicle looking sprites. Anyway, thanks for trying it out :D

LE EDIT:

I updated the demo a bit. Mostly just a graphical update, but I do use new music. The graphics for just about every enemy is new, except for the slimes and bats. I also fixed a few bugs. You can no longer farm the Ember dragon, and nothing tells you to use water spheres on it anymore, though you still should. I also added a chest in it's room, as well a warp crystal so you can get out easier.

And, of course, I added a few screenies to the main post.

Edited by Arzaki

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.