• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Shattering the Mask

FFFC Rise Heretic Stories

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Noise #0579

Noise #0579
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 1,560 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 02 2013 - 06:18 PM

Nuhrii paced up and down the sidewalk, glancing around for any sign of Vakama.

He should’ve been here by now.

With a sigh, Nuhrii stopped pacing.  Vakama had definitely asked him to be here at this precise time to tour the Kanohi shops, as they had often done ever since Nuhrii had begun training him.  Lately, however, Nuhrii was becoming hesitant to agree to these trips.

He advanced so quickly, the mask-maker recalled, as if he was born a veteran of the craft.  Vakama was so soon able to put my work to shame…

Nuhrii kicked a rock down the road.  It was easy for him to tell when someone was better than him at something, but he was never happy to see this occur.  Not only that, but there were very few who could best him in his life’s work, and this was the first time his student—his own student—had risen to  that level.

On one hand, Nuhrii wondered if this meant he was an excellent teacher.  On the other, he was terribly, terribly jealous of Vakama.

“Nuhrii!”

Vakama came running down the street, pausing in front of his former mentor to catch his breath.

“I was getting worried,” Nuhrii said.  “Was there a chute leak again?”

Vakama shook his head.  Gasping for air, he stood up and looked at Nuhrii with a huge smile.

“Nuhrii…the Turaga…he said…”

Nuhrii held up his hands.  “Don’t get ahead of yourself; I’ll be patient.”

It took Vakama about a minute more to stop panting.  When he did, he excitedly said, “Turaga Dume came to my workshop.  He’s asked me to forge the Mask of Time for him!”

Nuhrii went stiff.

…Turaga Dume…the Turaga personally went to his workshop…

Vakama cocked his head.  “Nuhrii…?”

He wants Vakama to make a Legendary Kanohi?  The Turaga wants Vakama to create the Great Mask of Time?!

“Um…well, I wanted to thank you, Nuhrii.  If it hadn’t been for your teaching—“

“Shut up,” Nuhrii whispered.

“What?”

“Don’t patronize me!” Nuhrii shouted.  “I already know you’ve surpassed me.  You don’t have to rub it in my face like this!”

Vakama recoiled at his outburst.  “…But…Nuhrii…”

Nuhrii threw his hands up.  “I give up, alright?  Congratulations on your great honor, Vakama.  Now I know I’ll never be able to beat you.”

He left, heading back for his forge.  Vakama stood there, dumbfounded, wondering what he had done wrong.

Current Works:
Technic WarzoneGames and Trivia.  Fighters from various Lego lines compete in gladiator games and get to shoot death rays at each other.  Plenty of room for new players!  Registration for the next tournament is underway!
A Mind in Darkness: Epics.  To reclaim one of Turaga Nokama's Kanohi, Vhisola and Macku form an uneasy alliance and journey into the unknown.

The Blade of Valor: Short Stories.  When the Spirits of the Elements are in danger, Tahra must take up a legendary weapon and challenge the creature waiting inside Lewa's temple.  Testing a concept, so please respond if you'd like to see more of this.

#2 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,482 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 17 2013 - 11:19 PM

Nuhrii's my favorite of the Great Disk Matoran. I found his reason for being dislikable (since all six of them seemed to be) the most realistic and relatable. I liked this work of yours very much. Vakama was also in character and the writing was very nice. My only complaint is that I feel like one of them would have mentioned this specific incident during the quest for the Great Disks. Kind of like Anakin having a Padawan in The Clone Wars, if you watch that, but on a less noticeable scale.

"What kind of pedophile would hang out on BZP? The only people left on here are

nostalgic 18-year-olds. He'd be the laughingstock of the pedophile community."

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users