Of Matoran and Bohrok

Click

So, I've been thinking about Av-Matoran with the Toa Bohrok topic that was on before the downtime, and I had a strange thought. You know the Time Slip, how to protect the Av-Matoran, the OoMN wiped their memories, disguised them, and spread them throughout the universe in a period of six months that simply was erased from everyone's memories? Well, what would happen if one of them happened to be a Matoran destined to transform into a Bohrok? Would they just be walking around one day, minding their own business, when suddenly they collapse and turn into a Bohrok? Or did it work out that none of them were destined to become Bohrok, and the Order had some way to check that?

Also, strange little side note, but if it were possible to alter a being's destiny, say, by a Mask of Destiny, controlling Mata Nui, or some strange weapon, do you think it would be possible to alter an Av-Matoran's destiny to become both a Toa and a Bohrok? If so, what would happen? Would one destiny just be cancelled out, or would they turn into a Toa-Bohrok hybrid as theorized in the previously-mentioned topic (by the way, thank you for the nightmares, Silverglass)?

1. I think the OoMN had the sense to avoid sending those destined to become bohrok across the universe. I'm pretty sure they were collected and stored instead. 2. Whatever serves the plot to greater effect would seem to be the prevailing logic in such a situation, but I would argue that the will of the Great Beings could overcome the mask powers they set in place to begin with unless they wanted otherwise to happen. (Also mentioning sites with forums is apparently bad but anyone familiar with outdated forum rivalries should know what you mean. Does anyone even talk about MOD anymore?)

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Or did it work out that none of them were destined to become Bohrok, and the Order had some way to check that?

Mata Nui was awake at the time, and since this is more ancient, he may have been paying enough attention to talk to them at the time. The question then would be whether this is the kind of destiny Mata Nui sets, or can read, or whether he can't know about it. (Or if he can know any destiny, but I tend to assume that's not the case... in any event, in my fanfics I headcanon it that he can't know any old destiny. :P)

Since they're GB creations, and the turning to Bohrok thing is entirely their invention, it is at least a destiny they could set, so some kind of programming within Mata Nui was written by them to handle it. So, it makes sense he would be able to read it. Especially since the GBs are so obsessive about planning ahead; they might have considered that it might come in handy for him to be able to tell that kind of thing.

It's also just possibly luck. :shrugs:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The question then would be whether this is the kind of destiny Mata Nui sets, or can read, or whether he can't know about it. (Or if he can know any destiny, but I tend to assume that's not the case... in any event, in my fanfics I headcanon it that he can't know any old destiny. :P)

But...As I recall, Mata Nui seemed to have had a direct involvement in the creation of the Toa Metru. He made Teridax think that Nuhrii, Vhisola, Ahkmou etc. would be good Toa, and Vakama, Nokama, Nuju etc would be bad Toa, so that Teridax in turn influenced Lhikan into making what he thought was a bad choice, when Mata Nui and the OoMN knew it would be good, or something like that? Whatever it was, I'm sure it somehow implied that Mata Nui or the Order knew who was really destined to be Toa. It made we wonder how the whole "destiny" system worked though. Any ideas? :S

As the title of my retelling (The Destiny of Bionicle) implies, I've got tons of ideas about how destiny works but I can't get specific without spoiling it as it's the most central part of the plot. :P

But yes, we know in that case that Mata Nui either reads or sets those destinies, but I was just being cautious not to assume that means it extends to Bohrokization, though that seems most likely.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Oh, I didn't realize that was a forum site. Sorry about that.I guess it would make sense for Mata Nui to help them to know the destiny of the Matoran to avoid that exact circumstance. My question'z answered then, unless anyone has anything else to say.And when is this story retellimg that you've been teasing us with for months coming Bones? You're getting me all excited.