The Double-Decker Couch

fishers64

If you've seen the newest trailer for the Lego movie, you know that Emmett's dream is a double-decker couch.

10673657645_f5eea387d9_z.jpg

My question to you all is, is this actually a good idea in real life? Do you agree with the girl and Gandalf (is that really Gandalf?)? What's you're take on it?

Also, in the same vein, do you all think the concept could work as a Lego set? Perhaps to store all those minifigs? Ideas?

Ha, kind of a random discussion topic. But, no, I don't see why a double decker couch would be a good idea in real life. Too tall, and I'd always be worried that the top would collapse on the bottom and hurt someone.

Also, no, that character isn't supposed to be Gandalf. His name is Vitruvias.

BZPRPG

Ha, kind of a random discussion topic. But, no, I don't see why a double decker couch would be a good idea in real life. Too tall, and I'd always be worried that the top would collapse on the bottom and hurt someone. Also, no, that character isn't supposed to be Gandalf. His name is Vitruvias.

Vitruvius, to be precise. ;)Yeah, I can only see this working with minifigures. Mainly because of legs blocking the sight. :P-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

You'd need a very sturdy frame holding up the top couch. It might only take several overweight people to all sit on it and bring disaster upon the people in the bottom one. You could have a rule that only slim people could use the top one, but 'large' people might take offence at being singled out/labelled in such a way.

Not to mention that the people below can't see those above and vice versa, slightly limiting interaction.

For real life, the main problems with it would be physics (as Kohran said), and also the fact that their legs would dangle in front, possibly limiting view. Of course, for the physics point, you could basically modify a bunk bed. That would be sturdy enough.

But in the LEGO world, yeah, this would be pretty cool.

*starts designing a real-life MOC of it*

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

For minifigs, sure. The feet don't dangle. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Wait...you mean you people don't have one of those in real life?

Get with the program!

Seriously speaking, if they had seat belts or something, maybe. The idea kind of reminds of the Soarin' Over California ride at California Adventure.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."