Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

Name: X
Codename: Maverick
Loyalties/Faction: Hellions (soon)
Power(S): Maverick has a very strange 'power'. In the center of both palms he has a circular metal disk with an X in the center. This disk opens up using Maverick's will. A red glow now eminates from within as the metal slides away and the barrel of twin minature miniguns slides from inside. It is unknown to Maverick if these weapons are inside his body somehow or if they are somewhere else entirely and the disks are portals that allow the barrel of the weapons free. Whichever it is it seems these barrels also have an infinite amount of ammunition; however he can only unleash about thirty bullets from each hand before his weapon has to cool down and recharge for 60 seconds before he can use it again. He can fire the barrels rapidly or shoot them 
morearrow-10x10.png slowly, they seem to fire normal bullets.
Appearance: Maverick has dark brown hair and two golden-brown eyes. He is quite handsome, lithe and fairly tall. He always wears a black suit with a white tie. He has a cocky grin and prefers to slick his hair back with gel when he has the time. He has a well-defined jawline that is usually lined with dark stubble. He has a small white scar above his right brow as well as the tattoo of a sparrow on his right shoulder. The palms of his hands contain silver disks imprinted with an X in the center. He usually wears black gloves when trying to hide this fact. He also has a obsession with tooth-picks, you can almost always find one hanging out of his mouth, he keeps a fresh package of them in his pockets at all times.
Weapons: He appears unarmed until he summons the gun barrels inside his hands. He also carries a combat knife with him at all times and wears a layer of kevlar armor underneath his tuxedo. 
Skills: Excellent shot with his weapons, smooth talker, also skilled at hand to hand and hot-wring cars, enjoys playing poker. 

Personalityarrow-10x10.png: Maverick is hardly ever serious unless he has to be. Since he has no real memories of his past or a real name he has decided to make his life into whatever he wants it to be. Killing is nothing to him, he doesn't feel bad about it, nor does he enjoy it. He's just used to it from his time with Weapon-X. Maverick enjoys the thrill of mercenary work and likes to be up against a challenge. He prefers to work with others and likes the aspect of working as a team. He is quite loyal to those he deems as friends and is very invested in finding out more about his life before he awoke on that slab.
Weakness: Since he has a strange power he isn't the strongest superhuman around. 
Bio: Maverick woke up one day on a slab within Novocain's lab deep within the Weapon-X underground base. He awoke with no memories of who he was, or anything before that point. He took to calling himself X since that was the symbol he saw every time he looked at his hands and he preferred it to the number Weapon-X called him by, which was 665.

X spent about four years working as an assassin and doing as Weapon-X said of him. He worked with Aleks, Kane, Liliana, Jaws, Shadow and other Weapons who were there the same time as him. X got along best with Aleks since he decided he liked the Russian's style of killing. During his time as a weapon he decided to go by Maverick instead of X, he felt the name fit him nicely. Maverick spent most of his time in the field going on assassination missions over seas and in the States. He eventually returned to the base after a long mission over seas to find that it had been destroyed. Weapon-X was gone and X was now free. He ventured into the smoking ruins to try to learn what had happened. From intact security cameras he was able to watch the entire battle where the X-Men and Brotherhood took the facility down.

He then went into Novocain's lab and began downloading some of the mad doctor's files. It was then he learned that he was in reality Novocain's genetic son, though his birth name was not listed in the file, apparently Novocain had turned his own mutant son into a weapon. Novocain himself was nowhere to be found, and Maverick decided he'd hunt his father down and give him a piece of his mind. He followed Novocain's tracks for quite a while only to learn his father had been killed within the Xavier institute. Maverick then decided he disliked the X-Men for destroying both his mad father and Weapon-X, two things he'd wanted to dismantle himself for  along time. He spent half a year after that working as a gun for hire. Mercenary life fitted him and put money in his bank account unlike Weapon-X. Now he is staying inside a hotelarrow-10x10.png within the city waiting to finish another job. 

Updated longer profile 

Edited by Flex Till Death

Okay...

Gabriel's poison will increase in deadliness the more of it that it is injected. The stingers in his hands will fire on contact with a solid; the longer he is in contact with something, the more poison will be injected. As such, minor blows such as punches and slaps will only cause minimal rashes. Longer contact will cause burning pains, and if he is able to maintain contact for a total time of 2 minute, hyperkalemia will ensue, at which point, the poison is fatal. The poison is cumulative, meaning that he can spread out contact times; for instance, he could spread a fatal dose over the course of ten minutes by making a ~twelve second contact every minute.

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

Angela approved x2.

X approved x1.

Gabriel approved x1, but tentatively. I'll be keeping an eye on the use of his powers, and it is possible that some of my associates may have more complaints with him than I do. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I'm not staff, but twelve second contact over ten minutes sounds kinda easy to kill someone, but that's just me. 

It's a twelve second contact every minute for ten minutes, adding up to a cumulative one hundred and twenty second contact. As that's identical to the continuous two minutes, it really amounts to the same. Twelve seconds is also a very, very long time, all things considered, in any kind of close quarters fight. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

• 2 weeks later...
Name: Jenna Rosewood

Codename: N/A

Loyalties/Faction: N/A

Power(S): Abnormally fast and strong, on par with the vampire baseline. Due to the fact that you can't really bring blood into a lot of old temples (hexes and curses being what they are) she doesn't feed as much as most other vampires; she isn't as strong as one of her species would normally end up being, but she could still arm wrestle you into oblivion if your X-Gene didn't afford you super strength. Her hypnosis is similarly affected by her starvation diet; she could fool an average Joe on the street, but probably not any sort of mutant who has telepathy - or even a strong force of will.

Appearance: Tall, slender, and pixie-ish. Jenna's skin is a sun-kissed tan from her time in deserts and jungles, and she's cut her hair short and spiky. It provides a clearer view of her small mouth, thin nose, soft jaw and her laughing light brown eyes. Bears a mild resemblance to Lynae in the cheeks, though nothing to suggest that they're related - just a mild vampiric quirk. She used to share her sister's aristocratic posture too, but the last forty or fifty years she's developed a slight, panther-esque slouch when she sits and when she walks she doesn't tend to saunter or march as much as she does play some weird variant of two-footed hopscotch. Depending on whether she's in the city or exploring with Leon, her fashion sense will switch between tight, dark jeans and flip-flops or jungle wear with knee high boots. Either way, she always wears a tank top and a brown leather jacket given to her by her father Thomas years before. She would put a bit more thought into it if mosquitos, traps, or scratches from low-hanging branches actually did much to bother a vampire, so she largely dresses for comfort and ease of motion. 

Weapons: A single Smith and Wesson Model 15-4, pearl grips. That, and a baton she stole during the Olympics in the 70s. She busts skulls with it. Real talk.

Skills: Abnormally graceful and quick, skilled medic, crack shot with a pistol. As someone who raids temples and searches the world for artifacts, Rosewood has - through experience, and a good bit of pain - learned to both trigger traps at a safe distance and sneak out of them if she's caught in one.

Personality: Jenna is spunky and adventurous. She firmly believes that sitting in one place and doing one thing is stuffy, and that there are numerous things one can do to fill an eternity if all you do is open up your mind a little. A bit flighty - she chose her current career after binge watching the original Indiana Jones trilogy and beginning a fruitless quest to intercept Harrison Ford on his next expedition. If you've made a friend out of her, you've made one for life - and it's ridiculously easy to make a friend out of her. 

Weakness: As a vampire, she's subject to the same vampire weaknesses. Definitely needs blood to survive, and wooden objects will tend to incapacitate her, leaving her wracked in pain until someone tears it out. Objects coated with holy water (bullets especially - she learned that the hard way in the Wild West) tend to have the same effect.

Bio: Born to a poor but pious Sicilian family, Giada Ferrera was a sweet child, but lonely, so sickly that she was rarely able to leave her home. As a young woman she went unmarried and often hungry; her main human contact was with her mother, who doted on her only daughter and tended to her without complaint. When she was 18, she woke up with a headache so blinding that she could hardly even open her eyes; by her nineteenth birthday, she was suffering frequent nosebleeds, always running a fever, couldn't open her eyes at all, and had a hard time even moving to leave her bed. When they called the priest for last rites, he vaguely asked if Giada was ready to 'leave her life behind' and the young girl consented feebly, certain that she was about to die. When he pulled back his hood, she suffered a headache so blinding that she was certain she would die, and the pain knocked her out.

When she woke up, her head was clear for the first time in almost a year, and she was looking up at the stars with new eyes. The priest was nowhere to be seen - but his daughter, a regal looking blonde woman with eyes like blue china, looked up at Giada and smiled shyly.

She had unknowingly consented to becoming a vampire, and the young Italian girl was adopted into the coven of an ancient vampire named Thomas Rosewood. The woman's name was Lynae, and she was already around four hundred years old, to Giada's shock. Thomas' entourage traveled around the world, but had largely settled in the area around London, where they held a high position in vampire affairs there. Giada (who, after a time, anglicized her name to 'Jenna' and adopted the Rosewood surname) was an antsy vampire, preferring exploration and traveling to staying put in London. Eventually, after the American Civil War, the sisters (with a begrudging Thomas) made for America. Almost instantly, Jenna made off to do her own thing.

She spent time in the Wild West - once even going out of her way to be convicted of killing a man in a barfight she was never involved in so that she could stare down a firing squad - before linking back up with Lynae in the 1920s. The sisters spent the next forty years together - aside from a brief spat where Lynae had gone off to be a nurse during the World Wars and Jenna had masqueraded as a man to play professional baseball - and parted ways in the 1960s so Jenna could build a life for herself someplace else. She spent the next twenty years attending various colleges out west before watching the Indiana Jones trilogy in succession and realizing she wanted to be an archaeologist. She penned a quick letter to Lynae - by now running Thomas' operations in New York for him while he was out in London -  and told her that she was going to have to put a rain check out on her third master's degree before heading to South America.

She spent the next twenty five years accumulating artifacts across the world - her favorite find is a gauntlet of alleged Cheyarafim origins that Jenna swears can kill demons with a single right hook; she uses it for an oven mitt until demons show up - alone until recently, when she took on a newbie vampire and former MACE soldier for a partner and a protege in all things vampiric.

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I'm sticking around after this, no one is to touch my characters or NPC them at all. If I see that happening I will come back and re-take control.

Flex, speaking as a GM, an RPer, and a Judge, you have no control. When Marvel was approved you were not in its staff roster. You simply can't retake control of this RPG because you have no authority. You mentioned not being responsible for XMDD's demise; I recall differently, seeing as nearly the entirety of the Judges called you out on it. You were excluded from power for a reason, the same reason why I won't approve an RPG ran by you for a good three years. Marvel is out of your reach mate, don't talk like you still own the IP.

• Upvote 3

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Regardless of Humva's misunderstanding, Flex, I would appreciate it if you weren't abrasive to other RPers. If this keeps up I'm going to have to give you Strike 1 for belligerent conduct in a game topic.

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Yeah. I've got that little event listed under "biggest mistakes I've ever made ever". As I recall, I made sure to get it as a condition that you would work with the other, less-active staff upon retaking control.

You then began to cut them out and otherwise purge them as you turned the RPG in your own little tinpot dictatorship.

• Upvote 1

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

No it was already dead I let it die. Sorry please let's all drop this I don't want to talk about anything else concerning John's death again. I said what I wanted to say to Tyler and that's it.

Funny how your memory seems to modify itself in the space of a few minutes. You went from "I let it die on purpose" to "okay the purge wasn't my best moment" in the space of a few minutes.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Sorry for blowing up yesterday, I just felt that Tyler's paragraph about what my character did wrong and why he had to die had a few personal blows that didn't need to be in there like about my maturity or bringing stuff up about XMDD which are in the past and should be left alone. I too apologize for anything I said that made it personal towards anyone, I was just upset I was loosing my main character, but I realize this was possibly for the best since how my character acted which inevitably led to his death was caused mostly due to a poison from OOC influences, so perhaps its best these ties and that character was laid to rest.

• Upvote 5

Posted for approval. 

Name: Carmen Sandiego

Code name: Various. Her real name is, in fact, unknown, Carmen Sandiego is a moniker she adopted when she began her (massively successful) career in larceny, thievery and the general illegal removal of valuable goods. Her real name is well hidden, as much of the paper trail linking it to her has become more of an ash trail. Despite her use of aliases she does leave behind a calling card after each heist. This calling card takes the form of a small model globe, with her silhouette imprinted upon it. 

Loyalties/Faction: Her primary loyalties lay with her own sense of adventure and rather...unique..moral code. She does not steal for money, but rather for the challenge and acclaim that comes with pulling off a particularly difficult theft. To her, theft is more of a game than anything else. She will not take easy targets, but will focus on the most difficult target she could possibly choose. However, she is working with the Hellfire Club at the moment, in the service of a certain Mr. Picker. Predictably, despite the rather nice paycheck she receives as a result of this employment, the true reason she’s working for the Hellfire Club is simply because Mr. Picker offered her a string of challenging and interesting heists to perform. 

Power(S): No notable supernatural or extrahuman powers.

Appearance:

Carmen_Sandiego.png

Carmen Sandiego is, as the name implies, of latin-american ancestry. The master thief’s hair is a dark brown. The shade of her hair is distinct from the shade of her eyes which are several shades darker, though they share the same coloration as her hair in general. Her skin is somewhat dusky and has a slightly creamy tone to it due to her heritage, beyond this, she has a slightly pointed nose and a somewhat sharp chin. In general her body is lithe and fit, the product of a strict training regimen Carmen adopted to ensure she had the physical stamina needed to pull off her often extravagant heists. Her tastes in fashion however, tend to draw attention away from her features. She tends to dress in bright colors-pinks, yellows, greens, but she has a great fondness for the color red. As a result it is this color that most often appears in wardrobe.

In terms of clothing rather than simple coloration, she tends to favor elegant formal wear, though she tends to avoid dresses in favor of Chinese Cheongsam that sport various colors, though all of them are crafted using silk….which she personally stole. In a way each Cheongsam is a trophy in and of itself, crafted using stolen material, with stolen machines and with knowledge stolen from some of the leading fashion companies within China. However, when on a job, or in a meeting or simply when she feels like it, she swaps out these elegant Chinese garments in favor of a red trenchcoat, black underclothing, a red fedora, black boots and, if need be, leather gloves. This particular set of clothing has a number of hidden pockets, used for stashing everything from jewels to various gadgets.

Weapons: Carmen dislikes the use of guns, she sees them as vulgar and inelegant weapons designed solely to kill, something she finds little pleasure in. However, as guns are the weapon of the day, she makes use of an aged, but carefully maintained Sterling Submachine Gun. This gun has been modified in a few important ways, it sports a laser sight and customized silencers. Beyond this, she makes use of a variety of stun guns, sprays and other gadgets intended to disable rather than kill. The exact nature of her weapons tends to depend on what kind of trouble she expects. She might pack flash grenades and a shock baton for one mission and, on another mission, tear gas grenades and a simple taser. 

Skills: Carmen Sandiego is currently a dedicated renegade, double-dealing diva, thief and, in the past, quite the spy. These life choices have led to her possessing a very particular set of skills. Larceny, infiltration, espionage and the various other arts of the shadowy world of crime and intelligence are her specialty. She knows how to look at a target building, faction or, indeed, person and pick it apart slowly, carefully going over every facet of it and then, using that data, locating it’s weak points and how best to use them. If it can be stolen, she can steal it, if it cannot be stolen, she will take that as a challenge and proceed to steal it. She is quite familiar with the in’s and outs of running a network of agents, maintaining false identities and, all in all, making sure the various law enforcement agencies chasing her might as well be trying to find a ghost. 

Beyond this, she has been trained in various hand-to-hand combat techniques. She has, in the course of her long and successful career, been schooled in the martial arts of Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. She has a proficiency in other types of combat as well, though her primary focus has unquestionably been the martial arts. She is competent in the usage of firearms and various nonlethal weapons, with a noted preference for the nonlethal. 

Personality: Carmen lives for challenge and adventure, viewing life as pointless if one does not seek out challenges to test one’s self against. This is by the far the biggest guide on how she lives her life. She cares nothing for laws or social standards and instead embraces her own, unique, moral code. Which can be summed up as “thou shalt steal if the challenge is great enough.” She is not a sociopath however, merely...differently inclined on the matter of morals. She disdains killing as a crass and inelegant solution to a problem and instead seeks nonviolent, or at least, nonlethal methods of conflict resolution. She kills only in self defense and even then, only if she is hard pressed. Beyond her code and the reasons for her theft, Carmen is an affable, intelligent woman, always willing to converse and offer words of advice. She does have something of an arrogant streak to her however, which demands she leaves her calling card behind at the scene of a theft, whatever the circumstances. The fact she stole something is not worth anything unless people *know* she stole it. 

Weakness: Carmen, for all her training, is a baseline human and thus, lacking in any special powers. Beyond this, her arrogance demands she claim credit for acts she has committed, ensuring that there will always, at least, be something tying her to a theft. She is skilled at infiltration, not so good at keeping said infiltration secret after the fact. She *wants* people to know it was the famous Carmen Sandiego that stole the object, not someone no-name thieve from the streets.

Bio: Carmen Sandiego’s early history is, thanks to some enthusiastic file-burning on her part, largely a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a riddle….that was then set on fire and flushed into the sewer system. Even her name has been lost to this measures, leaving the world only with the name she chose for herself. What is known is as follows. Carmen Sandiego joined up with the SHIELD agency at a relatively young age, her intellect and enthusiasm  ensured she advanced through the ranks at a steady pace, eventually gaining access to quite a few choice state secrets. Carmen, having grown bored with the SHIELD agency, promptly went rogue and began to sell said secrets, earning the ever-lasting ire of the SHIELD agency. Records indicate that she sold these secrets...to just about any intelligence agency that asked politely. She had no interest in making money off the venture, though that was a pleasant bonus. Her true goals became clear soon enough.

Using the credibility gained from this theft, Carmen set herself up as an independent agent within the world of espionage. The penultimate mercenary, Carmen sold her services to every nation under the sun, eventually serving as an agent, double agent, triple agent and quadruple agent to so many shadowy intelligent organizations that she began to lose track. This life, despite being both challenging and rewarding, both things Carmen craved, was not without it’s fair share of stress. Dodging assassination attempts and trying to keep who you were spying on straight tends to have that effect. The intense pressure this put her under lead to the soon-to-be master thief taking up smoking, simply to ensure her body and mind did not collapse under the sheer weight of it all. Eventually however, the inevitable caught up with her. During a meeting with the Maldives, she accidentally tried to sell them out...to themselves. Needless to say, the entire event was intensely awkward and embarrassing for all involved. Both parties have since tried their best to forget it ever happened. 

Regardless, Carmen, convinced by the event to leave the spying business, proceeded to unleash all the secrets she had gained upon the world media in the form of tapes and files. The news media, predictably, snapped up the story and soon state secrets were being splashed across the TV screens of viewers everywhere, from Kiev to Carolina.  Carmen used the ensuing chaos in the darker circles of the world community to quietly slip away from it all. She resurfaced two years later, having taken up a new hobby: theft. She made off not with a single painting or statue, but with meticulous care taken to ensure it was not damaged, she stole the entirety of the famous painted ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. The city awoke to find the chapel roofless, with a rather effective tarp put over the suddenly created gap. She later donated the ceiling to a small, down and out museum about to shut down. Through a series of byzantine legal loopholes, she has ensured the custody battle between the Catholic Church and said museum is ongoing to this day. Lest the world mistake her intentions, she went on to steal several Ming vases, which have not, to date, been recovered.

Carmen Sandiego, now styling herself as a master thief, went from strength to strength. Making off with valuable documents and artifacts, the occasional portion of a building, and, simply for bragging rights, the office of the current Russian president amongst other things. Her career of larceny is long and storied, well on it’s way to becoming a legend in it’s own right. Recently, however, her string of thefts has stopped. Some hope this means the masterful criminal has gone into hiding or simply retired. In reality, she has been contacted by a certain Mr. Picker who has offered her both money and unique thieving opportunities. Carmen, needless to say, has accepted that offer.

• Upvote 1

The Staff's Guide to Common Sense

Expies and This RPG

Expies are strongly, strongly, strongly discouraged. Don't come in here expecting to make Master Chief, don't come in here expecting to make Mass Effect characters, don't come in here expecting to expy Solid Snake. Don't come in here expecting to make Marvel characters, either. You do not get to play a generations xerox of Wolverine. If you want to do that, go play one of the video games.

Huh wonder if this is going to be problem? 

Staff favoritism yay

Nah... probably not.

• Upvote 3

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Ran it past Tyler, Snark and a few others. No objections were raised.

I know the proper channels.

Edited by Basilisk

Onarax- ahem, sorry, "Hubert": I don't think this counts as staff favoritism (as you stated in white text between your lines), as the concept of "Carmen Sandiego" is an inconsistent and fluid character in the various games and such she was involved in, and Basilisk has put far more thought into her backstory than the majority of the games ever did. Trust me, I played them when I was a wee lad.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Well, in any case, I assure you all the staff has rejected many ideas I put forward.

No matter how much I threatened their families.