Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

Yes. And all those other claims haven't been. That was what those statements were directed torwards. I'd thought that went without saying. :P

Suffice it to say, I'm not happy the massive social implications these would have are seemingly being ignored. I've consistantly said that I value logic to a great extent, and once again I'm saddened to learn I seem to be in the minority.

Silly me, expecting things to be different this time around.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

We really need staff confirmation on some of these events. But if everything up till Avengers vs X-Men is canon, that means EVERYTHING that occured in the Earth-616 universe from Marvel Comics #1 up until Avengers vs X-Men is canon.Aside from the things that need staff confirmation, I'll dismantle your counter claims point by point. Please forgive my lack of use of the quote system.Your first point: good point, but in Germany's case, the thing that gave them hope to rise out of the ruin of WWI was Adolf Hitler, and they listened to and believed in what he said. Think about it. Now, in the Marvel Universe, we have superheros to give us hope, so we listen to what they say. Now, if those heros espouse ideals of peace and benevelonce, we'll at least consider those ideals.Your second point: what about the times when the survival of the species is not on the line? What happens then? Alliances will crumble, nations will turn on each other, and then we need the treaties again. Look at the USA and the USSR during and after WWII. During WWII: allies. After: on the verge of nuclear holocaust due to growing hostilities between them. Terrorists value the Earth, but they don't value the stability of the government of the Earth. Would you like to wake up tomorrow and find that the world was suddenly ruled by Al Quada because they had pulled an alien superweapon out of nowhere in the middle of the night?Third point: yes, we still talk about them but we don't freak out over them and unless a rebuilding breakthrough occurs, we don't put them on the headlines; we've got other stuff to worry about.Fourth point: we didn't know for sure when the USSR would attack, but we got regulr updates from our spies and from media coverage, so we had at least a guess on what they were up to. Now as for aliens, they're usually fighting out there somewhere amongst themselves, so while that may raise concerns in that we don't have a clue what they're doing, we can rest easy knowing that some of them are on our side. Besides, we've had more than 40 years to get used to the fact that we are not alone, so while the world's militaries are definitely preparing, the issue isn't splattered across the headlines everyday.

Okay, now, first things first;All of you. Shut up. Now. Please. Jeez, I can't leave you lot unattended for a day without coming back to world war three in here. As I have stated before, the state of canon in this game is very, very, very confusing, and muddled, and due to the history of the Marvel Universe, there's very little that I can do about that without devoting the next year of my life to reading everything that they've ever made and figuring out what the exact stance on canon is. And I have neither the time, nor the inclination, to do that.To deal with the topic at hand; Aliens exist. Whether they've outright invaded or not is something the staff will have to decide, but they do, in fact, exist. Heck, we have a character that's borderline descended from one, and that's even before we get into whether the Asgardians are aliens or gods. Aliens exist, though Basilisk has a point, and we will have to determine if they ever attacked in force. In addition, SWORD exists, which does lend credence to the idea that there has been at least one relatively major alien event.In the future, it would be greatly appreciated if, instead of assuming, you ask one of us if something is canon, rather than assuming one way or another. If you have any questions, ask. I'll see if I can get my fellows off of their lazy rears to help me find an answer.Thank you.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

And I'll counter your counter claims with my counter points.

That sounded better in my head.

Aside from the things that need staff confirmation, I'll dismantle your counter claims point by point. Please forgive my lack of use of the quote system.

Tis fine. Isn't for everyone. Site I learned to debate on made use of it alot, old habits y'know?

Your first point: good point, but in Germany's case, the thing that gave them hope to rise out of the ruin of WWI was Adolf Hitler, and they listened to and believed in what he said. Think about it. Now, in the Marvel Universe, we have superheros to give us hope, so we listen to what they say. Now, if those heros espouse ideals of peace and benevelonce, we'll at least consider those ideals.

Most of these super heroes are also the target of widespread public hatred. Making them an easy target as a scapegoat. Isn't right of course, but it does break the logic a bit. Plus most of them are dead in this RPG, so even if you are right, it is kinda a moot point. The Phoenix Forces little rampage would only make things worse. It's sad, proven fact throughout history. A big threat that doesn't just overcome you completely and take control, leaves massive psychological scares. An alien invasion is worse then any threat humanity has faced before, add in the physco flaming bird and humanity feels even more powerless.

A feeling of powerlessness came before most major revolutions.....and this feeling would be so much worse. It'd be chaos, then ordered, harsh, law as militaries stage coups, as more and more power is given to the state.....Earth would become a militarized zone.

Your second point: what about the times when the survival of the species is not on the line? What happens then? Alliances will crumble, nations will turn on each other, and then we need the treaties again. Look at the USA and the USSR during and after WWII. During WWII: allies. After: on the verge of nuclear holocaust due to growing hostilities between them. Terrorists value the Earth, but they don't value the stability of the government of the Earth. Would you like to wake up tomorrow and find that the world was suddenly ruled by Al Quada because they had pulled an alien superweapon out of nowhere in the middle of the night?

Governments are better equipped then a bunch of terrorists in caves. They would be able to counter such attempts....plus, if one thing can unite Earth, make black and white join up....it's an invasion by green. The disfunctional nations of Europe joined together to defeate Napoleon. The courts of China united to beat back the Mongols, or try to. Japan's clans did the same. This is a consistant fact. Add in the above and you get....well, a militarized, united Earth looking for a fight.

Third point: yes, we still talk about them but we don't freak out over them and unless a rebuilding breakthrough occurs, we don't put them on the headlines; we've got other stuff to worry about.

There is a difference between an alien invasion and a natural disaster. Let alone six alien invasions. Which strongly suggests there will be one in the future, patterns are funny like that. Plus, whoever launched those invasions could still be out there. Imagine if the Nazis struck from the Moon instead of invading from Germany. How would the allies have reacted? They couldn't reach the Moon with their present tech-level, but they wouldn't go on with life as usual under the constant threat of Moon Nazi invasion. They'd prepare, they'd research, they'd do everything they could to strike back.

Fourth point: we didn't know for sure when the USSR would attack, but we got regulr updates from our spies and from media coverage, so we had at least a guess on what they were up to. Now as for aliens, they're usually fighting out there somewhere amongst themselves, so while that may raise concerns in that we don't have a clue what they're doing, we can rest easy knowing that some of them are on our side. Besides, we've had more than 40 years to get used to the fact that we are not alone, so while the world's militaries are definitely preparing, the issue isn't splattered across the headlines everyday.

The USSR was consistantly in the headlines for a long time. Sixty or more years and thats when we had updates on them. How much worse would it be if we were constantly guessing? How do know they're fighting amongst themselves if we don't get updates? Just because the Moon Indians claim to be fighting the Moon Nazis doesn't make it true, and allies don't exactly trust their allies by default. Especially when they can't confirm anything.

Aliens are bigger then any Earthly War, any Earthly Power. It would be a fundamental shift in our society.

EDIT: Made this before I saw Snark's post.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I came in here to read this and saw that people are using Brando posts - of all the possible characters they could use - as evidence for their claims. They really shouldn't.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Why is Reyson so close to death? Roots are by no means sharp and there was no way that the impact could have left him with that level of head wound.

It's not like his skull got cracked.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

What I meant was if the car crashed or somehow suddenly stopped abruptly enough to shake the passengers around, Reyson will go headfirst into the glove compartment and quite possibly break his neck due to not wearing a seatbelt. If he arrives safely at the safe house, all SHIELD will have to deal with is blood loss and a concussion.

Edited by Man of Miracles

Reyson is in the back seat and on the floor, the hardest thing he could run into is the base of the front seats, depending on where everybody's feet are.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Name: Brooklyn Elizabeth Pace-Carlisle, Selfie Gawddess
Codename: Cherub
Loyalties/Faction: Team Bekahboo (Fan club president, vice president, enforcer), Carlisle-Worthington Family (Mascot)
Powers: Brooklyn has the peculiar power to breach the psychic barriers around one’s mind whenever they’re singing, and can read their emotions, thoughts, and even see up to twenty-four hours into their own future. This power does not work if she hears someone playing music over the radio, or in the other room; they have to be within at least sight of her for the power to work.
Appearance: Brooklyn shares many of her features with her two siblings, with a thin mouth that is always grinning at something, a sharp, pointed nose, and dark hair that falls over one shoulder, but her eyes are a milk chocolate brown and she’s barely a hair above average height. Her clothing is also far more casual than Alaric and Anberlyn’s, with light and dark tank tops or t-shirts with skinny jeans or the occasional short shorts. She wears slip on shoes as opposed to boots, because of a traumatic nightmare at the age of five that involved a demonic foil of the monkey from Dora that always affected her in some peculiar way.
Weapons: Spirit fingers! And a gladius.
Skills: A skilled cuddler, musician, and known delinquent – has been charged with 42 counts of domestic abuse against her snooze alarm in the past year alone. Plucked an angel from heaven and courted her. Later mounted impressive verbal defense against said angel when she was discovered to have consumed every tub of Stephen Colbert’s Americone Dream in the penthouse. Brooklyn also has received about a year's worth of weapons training with knives, a gladius, and firearms, as well as considerable hand-to-hand combat tuition from her girlfriend - the only Weapon to ever escape Weapon-X.
Personality: A huge, vibrant ball of bright fuchsia aura drifting through the cosmos on the long ride to Equestria, Brooklyn’s pep, sweet wit, and tragically solid optimism was the pride of the X-Men. Forging friendships as easily as she bakes cookies – spoiler alert, it’s a piece of cake! (Not cookie cake though!) [believe you me, she’s tried many a time to make it happen!] – she generally can be found somewhere with a sunny smile on her face, covered in paint, cake frosting, or cookie dough. Or helping people. That’s always fun too.
In reality, at her core Brooklyn squares off against a deep, aching pit of traumatized nerves and repressed memories, genuinely happy but struggling every day to put distance between her captive past and the present so that she can remain so.
Weaknesses: She doesn't have the best control over her power when distracted (which could very well be always) and can be caught unawares and incapacitated by the sudden rush of knowledge and emotion. Also, all that Americone Dream gave her a stomachache.
Bio: Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle is not like her half-brother or half-sister. For one, she is not a terrorist from the point of view of anyone on the planet. Second, she does not believe that boots are proper all-season footwear when there are tons of shoes that are much more comfortable in the summer. Three, no wings. Four, she knows perfectly well who her mother is, while her brother and sister have only suspicions - she is the proud daughter of Jenna Carlisle of Hollywood, California.
An escapee of the Weapon-X facility and the youngest of the three Worthingtons, Brooklyn went back to the Xavier Institute with Ric and began hanging out with her rescuer, the “Weapon-X legend” Shadow, aka Rebekah Fell. What began as hero worship and a budding friendship became an infatuation over time that ended up building into a surprise romance. After the downfall of Beast and Ashlynn’s death, Brooklyn took Rebekah to her family home in California to recover and take a break from the ails of the world and the struggle for mutant survival; their romance built into a solid, surprisingly positive relationship that went a long way towards healing the damage Weapon-X did to both girls.
A year ago, Brooklyn and Rebekah took a flight out to Italy to stay at one of her family’s penthouses in Rome, where they’ve vacationed ever since. Their relationship was stronger than ever by then, forged by newly shared literary experiences, TV shows, favorite movies, and couple’s dinner nights.
Until one day, when the Fire Nation attacked, doves began crying, and all the Ben and Jerry’s disappeared.
That was three weeks ago, and every waking moment of Brooklyn’s has been spent wondering whether the bright point in her life has come to an end, and whether these truly are her darkest days…
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

My lord, I don't think there's been an RPG this active in years. Two pages a day, at the least...

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

My lord, I don't think there's been an RPG this active in years. Two pages a day, at the least...

You must of been sleeping on XMDD then. It was crazy active.

Anyway on the subject of aliens. Isn't what transpired in the (awesome) Avengers movie canon? If so that was a major alien invasion right there. If I recall I remember the Avengers in XMDD watching a DvD reinactment in this universe of what transpired and happened in the movie.

Also there was a small alien ship that did some stuff in the last RP controlled by one of our GM: Nick. So I'd say its safe to say that aliens do exist and trying to search for logic in the Marvel universe is only going to give you a headache Basilisk. This is Marvel. This is a game. Its not real life man. Its for fun.

Aaaaaaaaand, that's my cue to step in before we rehash the Rule of Cool debate that dominated last game, and I have no intention of letting get out of hand here.The Avengers movie was later referenced as a fictional movie created around real people, similar to how such things are done with historical figures. Ergo, events in it are not canon unless otherwise specified, as is the case with, as has been said, all Marvel media outside the game itself. Following that up, the ship Kaithas had created was a dropped plot point, and will be dealt with if it ever returns. Since they didn't really do anything, it doesn't matter if they were there or not anyway.Following up further, we know that there are aliens what is in question is whether or not the main universe knows it. The Ultimateverse does for reasons that should be obvious.And Flex, if you feel yourself absolutely possessed by the need to resuscitate a dead argument, there are more constructive ways to do so.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Do someone just invoke rule of cool!?

595px-Imperial_Starfleet.jpg

Admiral! Attack speed! Deploy the fighter screens I want those rebel sl-

Oh. Never mind.

There weren't any dates set, but the latter is likely late October, because it was Christmas after the time skip. And it is worth noting that the Ultimates weren't exactly common knowledge; their interaction with the public was minimal at best.@Basilsik: Because he's from Hydra, and he decided to try and spy on several SHIELD agents without backup. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

So. This is one of those rare days I experience "emotion".

Just figured I'd say it's a pleasure RPing with all you folks, however much I might fight with some of you. :P

Ugh. I hope these "emotions" go away. I don't like them.

So. This is one of those rare days I experience "emotion".

Just figured I'd say it's a pleasure RPing with all you folks, however much I might fight with some of you. :P

Ugh. I hope these "emotions" go away. I don't like them.

It's okay I have those and they never go away :c

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Attaching a whip the the other end of a scythe sounds like it would just make it even more impractical. Now you can't swing the blade without inadvertently hitting yourself with the bloody great flail you've stuck on the blunt end, and you can't use the whip without having a awkward grip on the scythe because you're trying not to lose your fingers to the blade.

Anyway, here's a link to where the Ultimates first popped into the RPG's universe and here's where they get to Alex. Haven't found the Weapon-X attack yet, too many search results

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I'll be gone on vacation for a while, so control of Vince Jackson Jr. goes to whomever needs to control him.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Scythes, historically, were only used by desperate armies of serfs rising up against their masters.

The fact there isn't a People's Republic in Europe today should tell you everything you need to know about the "virtues" of the scythe as a weapon.