Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

Hey, Flaredrick deserves to have his profile at least looked at, you know. If you guys don't like it, just tell him.

I didn't look at it because, well, I haven't seen it yet; I generally click "read all" on the forums I visit so as to not be swamped and then look at individual new posts as they come up. Missing profiles was a problem on the staff's part in the last game, too, and it has never been a slight towards the player or the profile in question. It's been human error.

That said, Flaredrick, I'm sorry I haven't seen your profile and gotten to it sooner. Everything looks good to me. Approved x[whatever number.]

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Well I finally have decided to being another character back!

Name: Lilliana Schneider

Codename: Icitine

Faction: none at the moment. She is however returning to the institute.

Power(S): Ice and water manipulation. She can take moisture out of the air to essentially bend it.

Appearance: Lilliana is about 5ft 4 and has an athletic build. Her eyes are bright sea blue and look well with her bright,long, blonde hair. She has pale, fair skin that make her eyes pop out even more. When in combat, she usually keeps her straight blonde hair up in a ponytail. She is quite beautiful yet she is not vain nor does she believe she is attractive. When in battle she prefers to wear a black, skin tight jumpsuit that enables quick movements.

Weapons: She can use most hand guns well but doesn't have one at the moment.

Skills: Weapon X had trained her with guns and her powers when she was young, starting immediately after her memories had been erased. She also has the ability to basically water bend. Her favorite move is to make a giant dragon out of water and ice. Lilliana is agile as well, graceful and quick, which often gets her out of tight situation.

Personality: Lilliana is headstrong tough in battle, and in general enjoys a good fight. She loves to laugh and has a good sense of humor. She is also a thrill seeker and sometimes pushes her luck in a fight. Lilliana has a soft spot for animals, often playing with stray animals when she is out on missions. However, since leaving the institute she has become a bit cold hearted toward others, as in not letting people in.

Weakness: Lilliana has been trained in combat but isn't especially strong or muscular. Physically she is smaller and doesn't do well if her powers are disabled and if caught by someone bigger it would be hard to escape. She also cannot stand extreme heat since her body temperature is naturally cooler than most.

Bio: Lilliana was born in Regensburg, a city in Bavaria, Germany. Her father was in the U.S Army while her mother was a German school teacher that her father had met on his first time in Germany. Neither of her parents were mutants but her grandfather was one and had taught her the basics. Her father was then stationed in the Pentagon and so the family moved to Northern Virginia. Her father had kept the fact that Lilliana was a mutant a secret, fearing that the government would take her. Her parents caught word of Dr. Xaviers school and quickly enrolled her there at the age of 10. She was already very strong and a promising student at the school. She quickly made friends at the school. But only a year later, Lilliana got the news that her parents were killed and that her grandfather was in D.C to take her to the funeral. She said, what she thought to be, a temporary good bye and headed to the nations capital. When she arrived she realized something was wrong. The address her grandfather had given her was an empty and rundown house. As she went to leave, she was attacked and captured by Weapon X, never knowing if her parents were really dead or not. When Weapon X got a hold of her, they wiped her memory. Having no recollection of her life before, she trained for Weapon X becoming a fighting machine. Yet she was never as ruthless and cruel as the other members. Once escaping from Weapon X and regaining her memory, she returned to the institute for a short period of time. Yet, conflicts with another member caused her to leave. After living away from the institute, going to college for a while, Lilliana has decided to return to the institute.

Ive been wanting to post but I'm visiting at a military camp with no wifi and spotty cell reception. An Annie post will be worked on as I ride hone and posted by noonish PST.

Also she's not an evil murder machine, Basilisk. Lol.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Let's try this again...

Again...

Name: Samara Chambers

Moral Alignment: Good

Faction: None

Power(S): Samara's power is always active, but only works when she makes eye-contact with another individual/animal. Her power could be used to petrify a single limb, or a whole person. Her power starts 'freezing' starts with toes and fingers, and if she stares long enough it moves on to legs and arms, and so forth. Said petrification isn't permanent, and will often last up to twenty-four hours, depending upon how long she focuses on a target. Her power doesn't work upon herself.

Appearance: Samara stands at five foot six, with light brown hair that is nearing her shoulders. She perpetually wears a black strip of cloth over her eyes, preventing her from being able to see. It is unknown what her eye colour is. She can commonly be seen wearing a plain green hoodie, blue jeans, a pair of black fingerless gloves, and her only pair of athletic shoes. Has a narrow face and frame, doesn't reveal her weight, although it can be assumed that she isn't above or below the average.

Primary hand: Right-Handed

Voice: Lower pitched for a girl, neither a chest nor nasal resonator. Often talks carefully, interjecting ‘uhms’ into her sentences when she is unsure of what to say. Often responds to strangers negatively, although a tone of underlying fear and hopefulness can be detected beneath the hostile tone she often uses.

Weapons: None

Skills: None particularly of note.

Personality: Defined as quiet, clumsy from lack of sight, danger-prone (for the same reasons), and has a tendency to be hostile towards others who try to converse with her… Although she has forced this hostility among herself as a means to protect others from her power. Deep down, she actually wants a friend who could understand her and help her.

Weaknesses: Relies only on her other senses due to self-inflicted lack of vision. Incredibly off-balanced, sense of hearing isn’t accurate enough to guide her.

Bio: Samara Chambers lived an average life, got average grades, hung out with her average friends, and didn’t really do anything of importance prior to developing her unique power. Samara first learned of her power when she accidentally started to petrify the local wildlife. Not long afterwards, she decided that her power was irreversible, and realized that she couldn’t turn it off. Realizing that her powers only worked based off line-of-sight, she eventually decided to wrap a heavy cloth over her eyes, so she couldn’t see, and ran away from home, hoping to isolate herself to prevent the chances of using her power. She currently is wandering by whatever means, looking for a place to be alone.

Little-known-facts: Due to only having an ‘artificial blindness’, Samara relies exclusively on her other senses to guide her. She has yet to figure out how to fully use her senses to guide her without vision. Samara is unaware that her power paralyzes instead of kills. Samara doesn’t have a favourite colour. Samara doesn’t know either her power is a result of an awakened X-Gene, or the result of other effects.

For ease of access and whatnot. Since it's been fixed and all that...

Edited by Durandal Years

Uhhhhh, Basilisk, you do realize that Annie's kill count was made literally years before the events in the game, right? She's 21-22 right now. The biker gang was when he was about 18, the psychologist when she was 15-16, and both for very specific and good reasons. She doesn't just play with a toy and dispose of it; she's -extremely- practical.

I don't think Romulus really understands Annie all that well, otherwise he'd know she's not a loose canon. You seem very dead set on believing that she's a monster and I don't know why.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Technically speaking, the duration before game that certain events occurred doesn't change much. Records are kept, crime scenes logged, and memories of those who received her particular brand of warning persist. With the resources at the Hellfire Club's disposal, let alone Romulus' disposal, digging those records up is feasible. Not necessarily easy, but from how he's speaking, it doesn't sound like it was easy.

And, to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, it should be noted that Romulus is hardly the only character to express such a sentiment, or at least imply one, in-game. It's not that far to call him out for a perfectly valid in-character interpretation when others have reached a similar one.

Just some food for thought, on all sides.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

My objection stems from the fact that Romulus seems to think that such events were recent, as he says Annie liked the bikers before moving to Hellfire (which is true, though it had no connection to her rise to Hellfire). The psychologist is another matter; I'd say there is no room for a crime scene, either, since the kill would have taken place in a seedy, untrodden corner of NYC and the bodies were sent to a mob boss, who'd not be the kind to report it to the cops. The facts are all laid out in the posts, but Rom stirs them up to make it seem as though Annie killed them for no reason and all. I find that an unfair characterization, whether it comes from Basilisk or anyone else.

Jeez, I leave for a little while...

All right, in order of simplicity;

Flaredrick: Do you have any logical reason for why the screens would be able to be hijacked, or a reason why the people behind it would even have classified information?

Auron: I'm still a bit leery of approving it, so here is what I suggest; First of all, cut the time to wear off waaaaaaaaay down. No one wants to deal with having a character be stuck for twenty four hours in a game where twenty four hours can be over a week. Maybe make it about half an hour? That way they're stuck for a reasonable time, and if need be, can be re-frozen. Second, maybe make it so they can't move at all rather than that they're literally stone. Makes a bit more sense, and still aesthetically works.

Third, I'd rather if the eyeballs weren't instantaneous. When they're instant, they're OP. We can discuss these suggestions here or on Skype later.

EW: First of all, I see no basis for Romulus referring to them as recent. It reads as though he discovered the events recently, but I see no indication that he considered the events themselves recent. Second, even if the mob didn't report them missing personally, someone will. A psychologist in particular will be noticed when they go missing, and all of that assumes that the mob isn't clever enough to report something while also not implicating themselves. Third, it's a lot harder to make people just disappear than you'd think, particularly in the modern era. Word of mouth, security camera footage, phone data, all of these indicate where people have gone. And if they were to find the crime scene, there's also fingerprints.

In short, I find nothing here unreasonable, nor do I find it unfair. And it should be noted that Romulus the character gives his opinion, which is radically different from Basilisk giving an unfair characterization. Particularly when we have at least two people IC agreeing with him.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Jeez, I leave for a little while...

All right, in order of simplicity;

Flaredrick: Do you have any logical reason for why the screens would be able to be hijacked, or a reason why the people behind it would even have classified information?

The perpetrators want to overthrow the US government and replace it with a government of their own vision. So in order to do so, they need to show the people information that the Gov.is withholding. Plus they want an innocent person to take the blame, ie. the person that made the video originally. (The music video part)

This has nothing to do with me trying to mix another universe into this one.

On another note, if I were to make a character with fire based powers, how would it be possible to make it approved? I was originally going to make him jave fore powers, but like that of an acetylene torch or a MIG wielder.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

You didn't answer that "how would they able to be hacked" part. Sure, you've got a couple of nutjobs - so? They've got to be able to get to whatever computer(s) control all of those screens and get the music video going. And, y'know, security guards and what not are kinda likely to make it hard to get there to do that, disregarding the issue of needing to get command control of what runs the things.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

You'd be surprised at how careful the people who guard secrets of national importance are. To claim that janitor disguises is all you need to have access to America's hidden databases is just silly.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Not to mention, the really top secret stuff tends to be in hard archives; i.e. film or paper. Not hooked up to the net, by simple virtue that anything connected is a liability. Getting into the Pentagon's archives to mess with that stuff is going be tough, though it's not impossible.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

If your guys are going to have any sensitive information, they better be able to have a good explanation as to why they have it - or better yet, get it in-character. Same thing with trying to hijack Times Square. The other guys might come in and say something else - fine with them - but I'm going to say that if you want to do this, do it the old fashioned way and get what you want by working for it.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Question: How do you know this government is even hiding anything?

If your guys are going to have any sensitive information, they better be able to have a good explanation as to why they have it - or better yet, get it in-character. Same thing with trying to hijack Times Square. The other guys might come in and say something else - fine with them - but I'm going to say that if you want to do this, do it the old fashioned way and get what you want by working for it.

@Onarax/Viral: You never know

@Otter: I always work for what I want/need.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Idk that we've moved past it but I don't think anyone cares if there are multiple of any spots other then king or queen it seems. We do have several characters still with a piece.

Yeah, I wouldn't say we've moved past it, either, but there are always two of any given "main" chess piece on a board with the exception of the King and Queen, so at any given time we have four Rooks, four Bishops, four Knights, etc.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: For approvals! :DDDDD

Name: Ashley Landes (Earth-1610)

Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Loyalties: Vengeful Kittens; Old Friends?

Power(S): Control over plant-life. Limited ability to heal minor wounds with plant-life; can also telepathically communicate with plant-life that is capable of thought. Her body is 90% plant-life, allowing her to control and manipulate her own body the same way she'd control any plant-life.

Appearance: Looks drastically different from the main universe Ashley, her skin is Turquoise in color, and has the texture of vines, being somewhat leathery. Her eyes are permanently glowing a ruby-red, instead of hair she has long strains of thick green vines, and there are flowers blooming all over her body. Her arms and legs are capable of growing outwards like vines when she wishes. Her feet are composed of roots, and she can plant herself into the ground when she needs to. Instead of actual clothing, she wears what seems to be thick bark, which covers only what is necessary, functioning like shorts and a tank-top.

Voice: Her voice has a rather primal feel to it, free spirited and somewhat deadly.

Weapons: Herself

Skills: Innate knowledge of plantology and botany. She's not bad at poker either.

Personality: Tenacious, strong willed, very mischievous. The Phalanx effectively robbed her of any naivety and innocence. She's far more practical and direct than her counterpart, and quite willing to kill her enemies. She does however, manage to still smile, even it if it's while forcing a vine down into someone's stomach.

The Phalanx caused many changes to her, but they could not take the cloudcuckoolander out of the...cloudcuckoolander. She has a logic that no one else understands.

Weakness: Extremely vulnerable to intense heat and cold. She also has to keep herself very hydrated, or she will began to wilt. She has to be exposed to sunlight and periodically needs to root herself into the ground to gather nutrients. She cannot eat 'normal' food. Being mostly a plant herself makes her vulnerable to the main universe Ashley's powers.

Bio: The Phalanx robbed many things from Ashley, her friends, her home, (her sanity?), and even her humanity. When the Phalanx first attacked, she was caught in a blast that nearly killed her. In fact it surely would have, if it hadn't caused her powers to evolve further. She was encased into a massive seed by her own powers, where she was transformed into what she is now.

Years later she and some of her comrades traveled to the main universe, took Alex, and had some fun adventures back in the ultimate universe. Ashley was however, infected with the phalanx virus. Instead of transforming her into a Phalanx however, her body went into a comatose state in order to better fight the virus. It took a very long time.

When she awakened, she found that everyone had pretty much left her for dead in some rundown hospital. She took this surprisingly well. Figuring everyone else decided to abandon their ###### universe for a reason, she used the same way they did to travel back to the main universe...

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Question: How do you know this government is even hiding anything?

@Onarax/Viral: You never know

@Otter: I always work for what I want/need.

Um.

Actually...

Speaking as the guy who basically represents the in-game government, I can assure you that you're not going to find much. Confidential records maybe, the minutes from congressional meetings. If you're looky for juicy information you might even be able to find what pants size the president wears.

But on the whole you're not going to get much. Why, you ask? Because the government isn't stupid. They're not going to put important information into a wireless network, they're not going to let the world know where they store the records, and they're not going to make them easy to get to. Mutant registries? Not only does no one know where to find where those are physically hidden, accessing a digital copy would be a nightmare even for a technopath. Anything even remotely classified, in this world of people who can look like anyone, or hack easily, is going to be locked up tighter than Fort Knox.

You can feel free to try. In fact, I encourage you to. But if you're looking for juicy information, you're not going to have much luck on your own. In a group, you might have a shot. But a few mercenaries and human hackers?

You might as well ask nicely.

Snelly: Approved x2

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

Basilisk seems to get the general idea.

And no, the information is not in Hawaii. It would be foolish to have it all in one place, for one, and secondly it is Hawaii.

fK5oqYf.jpg

It's probably in Kansas. No one would ever suspect to look there, and no one comes here willingly.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong