Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

It just seems a little strange to me that shooting fire from your hands, for example, is the norm, but changing someone's genetics is impossible.

EDIT: What's the deal with these Archangels? I'm not very familiar with the Marvel universe or its factions, so I'm not sure what they're for.

Edited by Cupcake Killer

Would you ever want to meet an angel?

For once, there is a post of mine that I highly recommend you read. Some of it is important, some of it isn't, but I worked hard on all of it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Name: Terrance

Codename: Night Stalker

Loyalties/Faction: None

Power(S): None.

Appearance: Terrance is a tall and broad shouldered with deep dark brown skin. His hair is long and dreaded. His eyes are a coal black and fierce. A small black goatee covers the bottom of his face. A large scar crosses the bridge of his nose. Terrance is quite muscular. His chest, shoulders and arms are covered with jet-black tribal tattoos.

Terrance's Vibranium suit is dark grey with jet black accents and comes up to his neck. He wears a small black mask that covers just his eyes and the bridge of his nose and also makes his eyes appear bright white (similar to Robin's mask from Batman). Terrance's suit comes with gauntlets and boots.

Weapons: Terrance wears a suit of his own design crafted from Vibranium-weave alloy. The suit is flexible and since made of Vibranium is also slightly bullet proof. However it is not indestructible, knives and other melee weapons can easily break through, along with more powerful guns such as machine guns, AK's, sniper rifles etc, but it will deflect most pistol shots.

Since the suit is Vibranium weave, it is almost only 15% Vibranium meshed with other flexible materials. The suit will not melt if met with flame unless the temperature is incredibly extreme, however flame against the suit will sear it against Terrance's flesh. Blunt objects and punches against the suit will not dent it, but they will cause Terrance pain. Though punching the suit will also most likely cause pain to the attackers hand.

The soles of his boots are also lined with Vibranium pads which allow him to run up the sides of buildings, and land soundlessly, he can also survive jumps that would injure most people without harm due to the Vibranium pads.

Out of each gauntlet Terrance can slide out a small blade slides out when he presses a botton on the palm of the guantlet.

Skills: Terrance is heavily skilled in unarmed fighting. He is also very efficient using his Vibranium suit as a weapon. Terrance is also very good at stealth.

Personality: Terrance is the silent and mysterious type. He usually doesn't talk unless he must. He's had a hard life, and can be slow to trust others. Usually he'd prefer to go out and fight alone. He is weary of superhumans and mutants and the power they wield in general. He cares about the lives of innocents and will fight to defend them.

Weakness: Terrance has no superpowers. Without his suit he is at quite a disadvantage.

Bio: Deep in the jungle of Detroit Terrance was born. He was born during a time of unrest in the city and heavy gang violence. Terrance was born in a very poor home, and raised by his aunt. His parents had been killed before he was three. When Terrance became a teen he became involved with the gangs. He became a drug dealer and car thief.

He spent many years doing this, and he was good at it. Eventually he made it. He was able to buy himself a nice home, a nice car, he was able to live to good life due to his past crimes.

Eventually Terrance became sick of the violence and his lifestyle. He denounced his life as a thief and broke ties with his gang. Deciding to instead spend his life like one of his great idols, defending the innocent from people who would do them harm. Terrance then spent a great sum of money aquiring a load of Vibranium off the black market. Terrance spent three years designing and building his own Vibranium weave suit, similar to the one the Panther had worn. When it was finished Terrance called himself the Night Stalker and moved to the big apple before taking to the streets of New York, fighting crime as a lone vigilante.

Another new profile.

Edited by Flex Cop

I think I want to hear a bit more about this suit's limits; Vibranium is a substance tougher than adamantium, and we've refused to allow characters for less of that. I also wish to discuss with my fellow staff the ramifications of bringing Wakanda in.

Also;

Britain wouldn't invade Wakanda. Like, ever. They haven't been imperialistic since about WWII.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

It's vibranium weave so it's a lot weaker then normal vibranium and adamantium I already specified that it can only block most pistol shots.

As for the British I don't mean the country invaded I mean some criminals from Britain invaded. Men who used to work for Claw. He was British and invaded wakanda often.

Also Adders had two twins from Wakanda in XMDD if that helps any

Edited by Flex Cop

Yes, but they did not return for this one.

Acknowledging that Wakanda is even remotely involved in the world now opens some new issues which, as I said, I will need to discuss with my fellow staff.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Okay, that's understandable. I for one think it would be cool and possibly helpful to the RP if we did open up other important Marvel locations around the world for further adventure. Like Wakanda and Atlantis for example. It would be cool to have players explore Atlantis and what not since it appears in Marvel so heavily but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: I talked more about the suits capabilites in the weapons section and cleared up the British part in his bio.

Edited by Flex Cop

Hey Flex, sorry to burst your bubble but a shallow grave with a glass crypt is a terrible idea.

First off though, digging graves is tough work, especially when the ground is frozen over in Winter, typical graves can take 2-3 hours to dig with a shovel.

However you dug a shallow grave, which is a whole other set of problems. Now, there's a reason graves are a minimum of six feet deep and that's primarily because of animals, the moment they smell the corpse they're going to be all over it, and I highly doubt the glass crypt is going to keep them out. Before you know out raccoons, crows and whole host of other creatures will be enjoying their dinner. Hopefully you have someone on full time guard duty, cause other wise it's an all you can eat buffet.

Then there's the fact that a glass crypt doesn't actually help that much against decaying, especially when partially submerged, the grounds just going to get moist and some of that moisture is going to adversely affect the crypt, and buy extension the body. On the plus side at least the glass will fog over so you won't be able to see the rather morbid sight. Unless of course we're in a dry month. Of course this is winter so the body won't decay as fast, but when summer comes you're just going enter more decay problems. Not to mention the greenhouse effect that glass produces is probably going to wreck havoc on the body. Then there's the smell, a glass case isn't going to help at all with that, and man after just a few days things are going to smell terrible.

Geez, this is getting more morbid than I expected, I'll just stop now, hopefully you've got the idea.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

To build slightly on what was mentioned above...

A glass crypt raises a whole host of issues, issues both scientific, practical, and legal. Let's start from the top. The crypt was made from sand, which in and of itself is fine. Except while glass can be made to be airtight with the proper equipment, forming it directly from sand raised and shaped from the ground is not going to be airtight. It's not even going to be close. Think about sand, how easily it flows, and the amount the kid likely had to work with. The glass is going to be roughly formed, and there are going to be seams. Even if there aren't points of air leakage now, the glass is going to have a lot of imperfections; When the weather changes, and thus the glass expands or contracts, and the animals start getting at it, it's going to crack.

But there's another issue; Even if the crypt itself was airtight, there's still air trapped inside. There's the air left over from when the crypt was formed, the air was that in Matt's body, and any air that seeps in from the aforementioned likely leaks. As Omar mentioned additionally, there will be the gasses emitted during the early stages of decomposition that will be released by the body. Since the crypt is near the surface, the sun will warm it and thus further speed up decomposition. Livor mortis will set in within thirty six hours, which means there will be reddish bruising near the underside of the body as the blood pools following death.

Issue number three; Decomposition as a whole. Decomposition can't really be stopped without mummification, formaldehyde, and other associated preservation processes. Flies will have laid eggs within ten minutes of death, gasses will be released, air is already present, and sunlight will further speed up the process. In short, in a few weeks, maybe months, what was intended as a respectful way to view a decease friend will actually be a very... Macabre display.

Moving on from the creepy notes (At least I didn't have to Google these ones. I just had to think back to Forensics class.)...

There's also the issue of the fact that they just buried a faculty member on school grounds without following proper legal procedures, burial procedures, and without even telling the headmaster of that school what they were doing. Or even informing local medical staff.

Points for referencing Eragon, but like Paolini, you lose some for not really thinking the process through. :P

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

Oh well, he already did it in game not really going to edit, just pass it off as John being as ignorat as me with all this sciency stuff. I'm sure Christine will tell the headmaster soon. If he would like he can have Matt re-burried properly.

Also John did shout at the top of his lungs in the main foyer of the school that Matt had been killed, you'd think that would have alerted at least someone.

EDIT: I also think you are going for way to much realism and thinking to hard into this game which has thouands of incosistancies and things that don't add up, but that's just me XD. If it really bothers you he can be re-burried properly.

Edited by Flex Cop

This RPG is based around superpowered individuals, and there will always be a discrepancy between that and what we would call realistic. However, that does not give you free rein to toss realism aside. First of all, this game's science is the same as the real world unless otherwise noted.

The above is taken directly from the Staff's Guide to Common Sense, which was required reading for playing the game.

It has been clear from the beginning that this game strikes a more realistic balance than some. The reasoning for this is simple; A distinct lack of realism, plausibility, and consideration of events is what drove many players away for a time during the last game. Additionally, without realism, superhero games become that much harder to properly keep in check. When we start allowing people to ignore how things usually work, we run into problems.

It's also not that hard of a concept to understand. Everyone knows, or should know, the basics of decomposition. I learned about it in depth by taking a high school class, and not even an Honors or AP class at that. Anyone who wanted to know more than the basics could do so with a five minute search. Nor is this something I brought up; This was initially brought up by another player within half an hour of the post going live. We have not had people complaining this game about too much realism; In fact, we have had people complain of the opposite, if anything.

I don't care if Matt stays buried that way or not. That's your call. What you should be aware of is what the actual effect is, and how other people will respond to it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Technically it could be corrected with the edit button.

Since Flex has opted to stick with it, it will be dealt with IC. The only issue that remains is Flex's apparent issue with how this game has been run since it began.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Dudes.

John buried a dude.

Why are you getting your undergarments all twisted up over this.

There's a difference between OOC and IC knowledge. John evidently didn't think through his burial. Cool.

Play it out IC instead of verbally assaulting the player.

I do not believe anyone was verbally assaulting anyone; certainly that was not my intent. Rereading my initial post, especially considering how I ended it, I feel it was fairly clear that I was not intending to be combative.

When the issue turns, however, to how the game is run, we come into a very different set of circumstances. At that point, it is no longer a matter of IC versus OOC (And even if we assume IC, decomposition is very common knowledge.), or even a matter of whether or not something is realistic, but a matter that must be dealt with as one of the people running the game.

I do not feel that anyone here has ceased being civil.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

Dudes.

John buried a dude.

Why are you getting your undergarments all twisted up over this.

There's a difference between OOC and IC knowledge. John evidently didn't think through his burial. Cool.

Play it out IC instead of verbally assaulting the player.

I think you may be overreacting just a bit. Krayzikk doesn't hold your* hand or sugar-coat things by any means, but he isn't insulting anybody. He's just agressive about these sort of things, and understandably so.

*by "your" i mean the hypothetical player not you b'c you're perfect <3

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Indeed. If you want a noir feel, I would suggest setting a story in a particulary bad city. Considering how much the world must be spending on the military at this point, and considering the effect cities blowing up from giant robot attacks would have on the world economy....

Erm. Suffice it to say, they will exist. They will not be nice places.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

There some places so terrible, that an explosion would slightly improve matters.

Behold!

320px-Abandoned_Packard_Automobile_Facto

The face of evil! Detroit!

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

That about sums it up. Detroit is the Warhammer 40k of cities.

It just gets worse for everyone involved.

And it never ends.

Edited by Basilisk

There some places so terrible, that an explosion would slightly improve matters.

Behold!

320px-Abandoned_Packard_Automobile_Facto

The face of evil! Detroit!

I've never truly choked on my own laughter before, but I just choked on my own laughter. I think--

That about sums it up. Detroit is the Warhammer 40k of cities.

It just gets worse for everyone involved.

And it never ends.

Aaand I did it again.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND