Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

I got a ton of em.

*Gunfire*

Tourist:"What was that?!"

Resident: "Oh. Just the warlords. They're fighting the wolves for dominance. Now grab this handgun and cover me, I gotta go refill my coffee."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I guess I'll kick noir out. What other universes are there other than Noir and Ultimate?

Depends on what you're going for, though we've attempted to make the characters from other dimensions take a back seat. Are you looking for something particularly gritty?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I guess I'll kick noir out. What other universes are there other than Noir and Ultimate?

If you don't mind me asking, why so determined to make a character from a different universe? There's plenty of scope in the one the RPG's set in, and it wouldn't involve some convoluted excuse as to why your guy has gone from one to the other

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I don't know how I would explain a character getting from one universe to the next. I had enough trouble finding a legitimate reason for a character to get to America from Sierra Leone.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Good news everyone!

I've decided to draw up a basic outline of Lycanthropy based on Advent's revising of the concept in the Nero profile. Posted with Tyler's permit.

Lycanthropy
“It’s a scary scary world...there are scary scary things…werewolves in the night, vampires with fangs…”
-Steam Powered Giraffe, Scary World
Lycanthropy is an ancient disease, older than any known civilization. Much like Vampirism, Lycanthropy attacks the human race at a genetic level. Lycanthropy is a disease transferred by bite and it does not appear to be a voluntary action on the part of the Lycanthrope so afflicted. The virus, once it arrives in the system, sets to work overwhelming the immune system. Once this is accomplished, it begins to rewrite the genetic code of the host down to the most basic of levels.
Mutants have an unpredictable relationship with the Lycanthropy virus. Sometimes there powers are overwritten completely, sometimes they retain them. Their genetic code is so variable that it is impossible to accurately predict the result of an infection (code for-the GM’s decide that). Lycanthropy does not appear to be as common as it once was, though they may simply have gotten better at hiding, as various sightings do indicate a continued presence.
It is known that part of the human race has acquired an immunity to Lycanthropy, but it is not as common as it was once thought to be, giving one reason to conclude that Lycanthropes are still a force in the world, though how much of one remains to be seen. Interestingly, it appears even this immunity can be overwhelmed in some cases. Indicating that the disease is continuing to evolve to some extent. This seems to depend on the exact strain of the virus. Some of them can be shrugged off by those immune; some of them overwhelm them even quicker than normal. These strains do not vary in the changes they inflict on the human form, but only by the methods they use to overwhelm the immune system.
The changes it makes to the human system are fairly self-evident. The human gains the ability to transform into a half-man, half-wolf form. Though it seems to be more wolf than man in terms of appearance, it has the bipedal form and the intellect of a human. The beast form, when “shifted” into adds a variety of abilities. They are tougher, stronger, and faster. They have the senses of a wolf and possess a marginal healing factor. This has a side effect however, for the mind of the human is clouded during this procedure and the instincts of a wolf tend to be in the driver’s seat, not the reason of a man. Clever tricks and stratagems are likely beyond one in the beast form, they will be cunning, certainly, but exercising that much control is an uphill battle to say the least. In human form, they have heightened senses and the like, but do not share any other abilities with the wolf form.
The existence of this disease, and Vampirism, raises many questions about the nature of the world we live in. None of them comforting, if such diseases could evolve naturally, then surely humanity is living on borrowed time, but if they were created by some magic or dread science, then the questions that raises are even more dire. Regardless, their existence is a fact of life, as the legends of “Dogmen” in Michigan and the specter of the “Wisconsin Werewolf” testify. One is forced to wonder what else the shadows and secret places of this world hide….

Just something to kill time. Hope you enjoyed reading it.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I wasn't trying to be combative either, though thank you Beiber. I guess my personal tastes when it comes to a RP like this just differs then the player base and that's fine. I'll attempt to correct this in game since I don't really want to edit. I wasn't trying to say you're running the RP wrong or anything.

Anyways on another note, have the staff had a chance to talk about Wakanda?

Name: Lacey Marko

Codename: None (sometimes called Godsend after a long, hard day of managing Alaric's affairs)

Loyalties/Faction: Alaric Carlisle (employer), Hellfire Club (employer)

Power(s): Lacey appears to possess superior strength and durability, able to lift Alaric up with one hand and sling him over her shoulder up several flights of steps. 

Appearance: About average height and slender, Lacey's features are pretty and open, with a heart-shaped face and a button nose. Her smile is dimpled and generally quick to spread on her face. Her recently done chestnut-brunette bob cut highlights some of the red in her hair - casting it a striking auburn in the sun - and frames her dark brown eyes, providing a naturally smoky look to her stare. As a Worthington Industries secretary her uniform was decidedly professional but when Alaric brought her along to the Hellfire Club as his personal assistant he ruled that it was "Casual Every-Day-That-Ends-in-Day," so her work attire generally consists of a light colored short-sleeve button up (usually just white), slim tie, and dark colored pants or leggings with a pair of boots (usually just black) procured for her by Alaric.

Weapons: None.

Skills: Skilled multitasker, paperwork pusher, assistant, karaoke singer, microwave-dinner-microwaver, reality-TV-watcher, fixer, picker-upper, and three-black belt martial artist. Combine it with her power, and she kind of kicks butt.

Personality: Cheerful, clever, quick and dutiful, Lacey is well-adapted to the role of Alaric's personal assistant and problem-solver. Her personality and job description is such that she is always on call for some reason or another, and she handles the constant responsibilty, unpredictable hours, and barely-above-average pay with a surprising amount of optimism. As a former Worthington Industries employee and not Hellfire old guard, her loyalty to her boss is first, foremost, and fierce. Any threats on his person - from outside the Club, inside it, or even within his own family - will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. 

Weakness: Lacey has a decent mental block to prevent telepathy, as with many of the Hellfire Club higher-ups and assistants, but all the same she is generally weak to focused psychic attacks.

Bio: Lacey hasn't touched much on her personal life, preferring instead to let Alaric vent about his own current affairs, but from what she's told him she grew up in a decent enough home after her father "left," raised under a well-off mother who paid for her schooling and a hot-headed twin brother who went off to do his own thing one day and never quite came back. In college, she took an internship program with Worthington Industries that blossomed into a full time job. Rising through the ranks, she eventually became one of the management assistants over the course of the next three years, and upon Alaric Carlisle's rapid ascension through the family business and into the Hellfire Club she found herself handling more and more of his needs and affairs, to the point where when he became Black King he cajoled her to quit her job with the company and come with him.

She apparently lacks much of a social life beyond the people she meets at work. What she does in the few hours she does get to go home and kick back is, as of yet, unknown.

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Just for clarification, what exactly does the Hellfire club do? I know they are tied to politics and business somehow, but what exactly are they involved in?

Good question. I think they're basically a social group of the most powerful people and their associates. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I sort of feel that this should be required reading:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Analysis/RequiredSecondaryPowers

But then, this raises the issue of a character having more than three powers. For example, a character with electricity powers has got to have a way to make sure the lightning bolt actually hits its target (instead of everything else), a way to gather the insane amount of energy needed to actually create a bolt, a way to deal with the resulting thunderclap, heat resistence to protect against the heat generated from the lightning, a way to sustain an electrical arc instead of it instantly dispersing, etc...

I sort of feel that this should be required reading:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Analysis/RequiredSecondaryPowers

But then, this raises the issue of a character having more than three powers. For example, a character with electricity powers has got to have a way to make sure the lightning bolt actually hits its target (instead of everything else), a way to gather the insane amount of energy needed to actually create a bolt, a way to deal with the resulting thunderclap, heat resistence to protect against the heat generated from the lightning, a way to sustain an electrical arc instead of it instantly dispersing, etc...

The assumption is that electrokinesis comes with those unless otherwise specified. It's also not the best example for the case you're making XD

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

The Hellfire Club is basically an exclusive social group for extremely wealthy and influential people that happens to, at various points during its existence, have been a front for villainous actions. In its current incarnation, the villainy is much reduced.

No, the Brotherhood is not evil. They never really were. They just happen to have better management (IE not psychotic) now.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Since I heard Wakanda is out I've updated Terrance's backstory to not include it. Please take another look. Thanks.

Name: Terrance Williams

Codename: Night Stalker

Loyalties/Faction: None

Power(S): None.

Appearance: Terrance is a tall and broad shouldered with deep dark brown skin. His hair is long and dreaded. His eyes are a coal black and fierce. A small black goatee covers the bottom of his face. A large scar crosses the bridge of his nose. Terrance is quite muscular. His chest, shoulders and arms are covered with jet-black tribal tattoos.

Terrance's Vibranium suit is dark grey with jet black accents and comes up to his neck. He wears a small black mask that covers just his eyes and the bridge of his nose and also makes his eyes appear bright white (similar to Robin's mask from Batman). Terrance's suit comes with gauntlets and boots.

Weapons: Terrance wears a suit of his own design crafted from Vibranium-weave alloy. The suit is flexible and since made of Vibranium is also slightly bullet proof. However it is not indestructible, knives and other melee weapons can easily break through, along with more powerful guns such as machine guns, AK's, sniper rifles etc, but it will deflect most pistol shots.

Since the suit is Vibranium weave, it is almost only 15% Vibranium meshed with other flexible materials. The suit will not melt if met with flame unless the temperature is incredibly extreme, however flame against the suit will sear it against Terrance's flesh. Blunt objects and punches against the suit will not dent it, but they will cause Terrance pain. Though punching the suit will also most likely cause pain to the attackers hand.

The soles of his boots are also lined with Vibranium pads which allow him to run up the sides of buildings, and land soundlessly, he can also survive jumps that would injure most people without harm due to the Vibranium pads.

Out of each gauntlet Terrance can slide out a small blade slides out when he presses a botton on the palm of the guantlet.

Skills: Terrance is heavily skilled in unarmed fighting. He is also very efficient using his Vibranium suit as a weapon. Terrance is also very good at stealth.

Personality: Terrance is the silent and mysterious type. He usually doesn't talk unless he must. He's had a hard life, and can be slow to trust others. Usually he'd prefer to go out and fight alone. He is weary of superhumans and mutants and the power they wield in general. He cares about the lives of innocents and will fight to defend them.

Weakness: Terrance has no superpowers. Without his suit he is at quite a disadvantage.

Bio: Deep in the jungle of Detroit Terrance was born. He was born during a time of unrest in the city and heavy gang violence. Terrance was born in a very poor home, and raised by his aunt. His parents had been killed before he was three. When Terrance became a teen he became involved with the gangs. He became a drug dealer and car thief.

He spent many years doing this, and he was good at it. Eventually he made it. He was able to buy himself a nice home, a nice car, he was able to live a good life due to his past crimes.

Eventually Terrance became sick of the violence and his lifestyle. He denounced his life as a thief and broke ties with his gang. Deciding to instead spend his life like one of his great idols, defending the innocent from people who would do them harm. Terrance then spent a great sum of money aquiring a load of Vibranium off the black market. Terrance spent three years designing and building his own Vibranium weave suit, similar to the one the Panther had worn. When it was finished Terrance called himself the Night Stalker and moved to the big apple before taking to the streets of New York, fighting crime as a lone vigilante.

Edited by Flex Till Death

Heard stuff about the Archangel. What exactly happened, and who are they? Hiw much danger will my character be in if he investigates? I don't want to lose my only character at the moment.

I mean, you're government personnel...they're government personnel...they're not gonna gun you down or anything if you have the proper credentials and you're not a terrorist.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I suppose Vivus would have no idea about the program in general, as it seems VERY top-secret. And since he's a robot without any clothing, I'm not sure where he'd keep such credentials...

I'm thinking of more ideas for xharacters. Like that cybernetically/nanotechnology enhanced assasain I mentioned early on.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Name: Perish Wesson

Codename: Shaman

Loyalties/Faction: HYDRA

Powers: Shaman has a small control over magic, and his abilities largely lie in his powers to inflict ill status on his opponents. Each of his powers has a specific range and effect time:

• Paralysis: Manifesting in a small, painless bolt of pseudo-electricity, this power can keep an enemy completely still for three seconds, which allows Shaman to escape. However, its regrettable side-effect is making his opponent all but invulnerable for those three seconds, barring him from using this power to stun and kill the paralyzed enemy in one go. This can fire up to ten feet from his person and cannot be used on himself.
  • Blinding: Manifesting in the form of a flash of light, anyone who gazes on the attack dead-on will be blind for a period of time depending on how close they were. If within ten to fifteen feet, they can lose their sight for ten seconds. Any more, and it's a mere 3-5 seconds.
  • Disorientation: This attack manifests in the form of loud noise which will cause it's target to experience severe dizziness and confusion until they can remain still and gather their thoughts, which varies from opponent to opponent. A highly cognitive target can shake it off with relative ease. A weak-minded opponent can be stuck for almost a minute before regaining complete mental clarity. However, whenever Shaman uses this a lot, he himself experiences its effects
  • Flashstep: Shaman can teleport to anywhere in sight (within reason; if he cannot clearly visualize the spot, he cannot teleport there) in an instant. However, the further he goes, the more physically exhausted he is. Each flashstep takes the equivalent toll of sprinting half that distance. So, for instance, if he teleported two miles (which he can't) he will feel as though he ran a mile. For this reason, he uses this sparingly for travel.
Appearance: Shaman is suited out in a black three-piece suit at all times, making an effort to look official when possible, and to blend in enough that he won't gather stares, but standing out enough that he garners admiration and a bit of envy. His long silver hair is kept in a tight braid to elbow length, with sideburns kept to mid-ear level as to not interfere with his soft jawline and large, absorbing eyes. He stands 5'5', somewhat short to his peers. Though he has at times grown facial hair, he tends to look better clean-shaven. He wears a square pair of glasses at times, though when on the job he wears contacts. In all honesty, he looks a bit like an anime character.

Weapons: At all times, Perish carries a concealed handgun and extendable stun baton. In battle, he carries a few sticky bombs, some hand grenades, and a knife.

Skills: Perish has a knack for climbing and parkour, and a bit of urban exploration. In fact, he can climb entire buildings given plenty of handholds and enough time.

Personality: Perish is, deep down, kind of a nice guy. He'll hold the door open for ladies, walk your elderly mother across the street, and make it back in time to buy you a drink before last call. Unfortunately, this is corrupted by a rather terrible wicked streak in which he thirsts for violence and desires power on an emotional level. He will do whatever he can to accomplish his goals, especially if that means he likes hitting children with daddy's belt to get what he wants. When chilling with his team, he is often extremely hyper, though more the type of a small dog than a child. When he develops a bond with someone, he is incredibly loyal, even beyond his violence streak.

Weakness: Perish is small and built for stealth; he isn't strong and won't hold up in hand-to-hand combat for very long. His powers are incredibly draining, and he can't use them within a minute of each other.

Bio: Growing up in New York City, Perish became accustomed to certain degree of luxury, and kept this with him for the rest of his life. He always had to have the biggest and newest and baddest. But his interests were mostly held by war documentaries and the violent stories he heard on the news. So one day, when someone kicked his dog, he sprained their leg. One thing led to another, and he was put under arrest for caving in a pickpocketer's head with a brick. When he heard of HYDRA, he was interested. When he heard he could become part of it, he became infatuated. When the Battle of New York allowed him to escape (just go with it) he made a beeline for the malicious organization, bags packed and spirit eager.

Edited by Al the Chicken Man

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Bang bang.

-Tyler

There you are, the Archangel introduction.

As for their capabilities; They have yet to be demonstrated, but if you look at how they were created, it is a strong likelihood that their powers are similar to the being from which they were created.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG