• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

marvel rpg discussion

• Please log in to reply
1340 replies to this topic

#1321 Offline Petewa

Petewa
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 18-January 15
  • 311 posts

Posted Jan 22 2015 - 08:04 AM

Yay,

Mata Nui, someone should hire you as a lawyer Petewa..
Oh wait...*checks list of alternate Petewa's* someone already has. Dimension 254 Petewa is a successfull attorney advocating the rights of Po-Matoran.

4435788_orig.png

#1322 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 18-February 06
  • 15,310 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2015 - 04:55 AM

Hey, which X-Men affiliated characters are at the mansion and would be up for a mission? Thinking of having Alec lead a sortie to Times Square help deal with the ruckus. Mainly because the other two characters I have there are frozen in time at the moment.

Actually speaking of that, I know what holding Persephone up, but I can sort out something for Song. Basilisk, how would you feel about Song helping co-ordinate efforts between Romulus and his guys on the front lines? I already mentioned she got a psychic connection in one legionnaire's head, she could relay instructions from Romulus to his troops

There Are

No AZYZXqH.jpg?3 Strings

On Me.

#1323 Offline FleX-Man

FleX-Man
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 15-July 12
  • 833 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2015 - 02:26 PM

I asked Tyler and I think he said this attack was mainly for Brotherhood, peeps with no faction and SHIELD and Avengers, but I suppose Quinn would be interested in going even though he's real new, and Christine also.

Are we allowed to just engage the Hydra NPC's now? I was kinda waiting for the fighting to get started before I did.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot, Jan 23 2015 - 02:27 PM.

The X-Mens are back holy moly

MARVEL REBIRTH Profiles

BZP-RPG Profiles

#1324 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 18-February 06
  • 15,310 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2015 - 03:13 PM

Given how little the X-Men have done and how dissolute they've become this RPG, I say they count as peeps with no faction :P

Besides, its bad RPing to say they heard of the latest attack and have them just shrug their shoulders and do nothing, at least in Alec's case. Thats just not the sort of guy he is

There Are

No AZYZXqH.jpg?3 Strings

On Me.

#1325 Offline FleX-Man

FleX-Man
  • Members

• 15-July 12
  • 833 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2015 - 09:17 PM

Very true, if he happens to track Quinn down he'll come along, Christine too. She's in the medical room with Ashley. He's in the sublevel with kitty and sierra, so that's all on the same floor

MARVEL REBIRTH Profiles

BZP-RPG Profiles

#1326 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 23 2015 - 09:34 PM

Hm. Would that be a large drain on her powers? They do have radio's and the like, maybe a little less efficient, but less taxing on her certainly. 

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#1327 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 18-February 06
  • 15,310 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 24 2015 - 04:41 AM

Not too much of a drain. That kind of light work, just relaying messages, is much easier than the sort of stuff she normally does

There Are

No AZYZXqH.jpg?3 Strings

On Me.

#1328 Offline Petewa

Petewa
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 18-January 15
  • 311 posts

Posted Jan 24 2015 - 06:35 AM

I need more approval,

Oh wait...*checks list of alternate Petewa's* someone already has. Dimension 254 Petewa is a successfull attorney advocating the rights of Po-Matoran.

4435788_orig.png

#1329 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

.:The Abysswalker:.
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 02-May 05
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 26 2015 - 01:11 PM

I'd be down to do Ex-X-men type things. I do believe Nero's profile got approved somewhere in this topic.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

#1330 Online tylerlicious definicious

tylerlicious definicious
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 12,178 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2015 - 08:04 AM

nero did, and i'd certainly be in to do something with aleks if you're headed out. main reason i didn't plan this with the x-men in mind is just because of how crazy disorganized they currently are, but if you've got the interest then why not

-Tyler

Edited by tylerlicious definicious, Jan 27 2015 - 08:04 AM.

make them boys go loco

#1331 Offline FleX-Man

FleX-Man
  • Members

• 15-July 12
  • 833 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 27 2015 - 03:37 PM

Let's do it then Ex-X-Men Squad up: Aleks, Alec, Christine, Nero and whoever else wants to go. Maybe throw in a Julia I think she's back.

Hydra enemy wise, this is coming from Tyler:

I asked if the Arch Angels would be sent down to fight against the Hydra threat, he said "they're there"

Asked about the enemies:

"there are probably several dozen (no more than sixty or so) disguised as civilians, but for the most part you'd know hydra goons as hydra goons
Tyler St. Francis: and the guy in the elmo suit has probably detonated by now"

Edited by Flex Likes Groot, Jan 27 2015 - 03:52 PM.

MARVEL REBIRTH Profiles

BZP-RPG Profiles

#1332 Offline Petewa

Petewa
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 18-January 15
  • 311 posts

Posted Jan 28 2015 - 12:37 PM

I need someone else to approve my character,

Someone do me a favor and look over Eli Geluk,

Edited by Petewa, Jan 31 2015 - 07:38 AM.

4435788_orig.png

#1333 Offline FleX-Man

FleX-Man
  • Members

• 15-July 12
  • 833 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2015 - 09:44 PM

I would if I could man, but I'm no GM.

Anyway, the current X-Men being sent to New York is as follows (I think, unless I missed some)

Normal X-Men: Alec, Alex, Dallas, Quinn, Nero, Sakuya, Gabriel, Jeff, Aleks, Christine

Ultimates: Dallas, John, Bekah, Julia, Kristen

I have feeling U! Ashley will show up too somehow.

MARVEL REBIRTH Profiles

BZP-RPG Profiles

#1334 Offline Petewa

Petewa
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 18-January 15
  • 311 posts

Posted Feb 04 2015 - 07:31 PM

Whoever's allowed to, please approve Mister Fortune,

4435788_orig.png

#1335 Online tylerlicious definicious

tylerlicious definicious
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 12,178 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 04 2015 - 09:19 PM

yeah, sure, he's approved x2. sorry 4 the wait

-Tyler

make them boys go loco

#1336 Offline Petewa

Petewa
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 18-January 15
  • 311 posts

Posted Feb 04 2015 - 09:29 PM

yeah, sure, he's approved x2. sorry 4 the wait

-Tyler

Thanks,

4435788_orig.png

#1337 Offline FleX-Man

FleX-Man
  • Members

• 15-July 12
  • 833 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2015 - 05:46 PM

If you want to know what to do to jump in, Time Square New York is currently under attack by Hydra. I'd send your character there.

MARVEL REBIRTH Profiles

BZP-RPG Profiles

#1338 Offline Petewa

Petewa
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 18-January 15
  • 311 posts

Posted Feb 10 2015 - 01:11 PM

Okay, thanks,

4435788_orig.png

#1339 Online Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,470 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2015 - 08:43 PM

Hey flex, Alec and Kristen are still on the ship...

#1340 Offline FleX-Man

FleX-Man
  • Members

• 15-July 12
  • 833 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2015 - 01:45 PM

Oh okay, I'll edit thanks

MARVEL REBIRTH Profiles

BZP-RPG Profiles

#1341 Offline Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 26-October 11
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 16 2015 - 12:24 AM

This profile has taken far, far too long to write. Much of the best work on it was done during the, hem hem, darkest days of winter (no but seriously winter was stupid mild here and I hate it), but various factors delayed it, and then I didn't feel like working on it, and then I felt guilty for delaying it so long and yeah yeah yeah, I know, I'm the worst.

Deal with it.

---

Name: Fadilah Fahada Kaufmann

Codename: Wilhelmina Drachentocht, or simply Drachentocht. Professionally, this is the name she uses the most, the name she uses when making introductions, and the only name most people know for her.

Loyalties/Faction: Leader of the Drache und Dolch mercenary company, currently employed by Cynegild Picker.

Power(S):  Her mother trained her to use kerosene and a magnesium flare to breathe fire on the battlefield. Technically a skill, but come on, it’s firebreathing.

Appearance: Drachentocht has a strong face with an angular jawline, a slightly rounded chin, high cheekbones and a broad, flat nose. She has large, round eyes that are a light-brown colour that appears golden in some lights, and her mouth is very good at pointedly not smiling when the situation calls for it. She has thick, frizzy, dark golden hair that forms loose, spiraling curls and, depending on her mood, can be tied back in a loose bun or in box braids. She is 168 cm tall (just over 5’6”), with a compact, muscular frame and brownish-orange, terra-cotta skin. Her hands have long, strong fingers and well-trimmed nails. When relaxing, she tends to prefer comfortable, sleeveless shirts that show off her strong arms and a fair handful of battle-scars, plus loose-fitting pants. In combat, she wears whatever works – generally some variation on body armor and appropriate camouflage, plus extra equipment.

Weapons: Generally, whatever is available and suited to the mission. In some circumstances, this means a P-90, a 9-mm Beretta, and a combat knife. Others require five kilograms of C4, an AK-47, and a machete. Body armour and a length of tough rope are a given, regardless. Specific loadouts will be stated prior to any engagement, and will be no more than a strong human with military training and great funding can carry.

For engagements where subtlety is not anything like a concern, a suit of composite-reactive-armored powered armor gives an edge in strength, mobility, and durability. The suit is not flight-capable, has a sustained running speed of 12.27 meters per second on flat ground – equal to the top recorded speed of a sprinting unaugmented human. The suit is technically capable of jumping approximately three meters in the air, but without any systems in place to slow a fall, it’s not the best idea ever. The armor is especially effective against blunt force and ballistic weaponry, deflecting heavy ballistics with surfacing that reduces the likelihood of the bullet hitting straight-on. The left arm of the suit bears a large riot shield, with an automatic anti-materiel rifle typically equipped in the hand. In combat, a 0.7 meter cleaver is wielded like a large combat knife. Power for the suit is provided by an advanced battery that can sustain power for up to two weeks before recharging becomes necessary.

Skills: Drachentocht’s first languages are Arabic and German, she is fluent in English and French, she can listen to and understand pieces of conversation in Spanish, Italian and Portuguese, can read and write (but not speak) Norwegian and old Norse runes, and is conversant in Swahili at a first-grade level.

As part of the training she received during military service, she is proficient at tying various types of knots, is skilled at unarmed combat, including being trained to know when and how to engage an opponent in hand-to-hand combat, and when to disengage from a physical confrontation and use a gun instead, and is a skilled marksman trained with a variety of firearms.

In addition to this, she has developed a fondness for the harmonica in her off-time, and tends to do quite well at poker due to her skill at reading the reactions of others and suppressing her own.

Personality: When conducting business, Drachentocht has found that it is best to maintain a strictly professional demeanor, at least for the most part. On occasion, she finds it useful to put potential clients off-balance with a demonstration of power – typically information about the client’s own life. The information used for this serves another purpose, as well; she does not trust easily, and does not like working for or with someone she does not know in detail. As a result of this selectiveness, she knows that she can trust any of the twelve mercenaries she has allowed to fight alongside her with her life. She is generally opposed to death-or-glory charges, preferring not to rush into situations that will get her closest friends killed or mutilated. Though much of her beliefs and self-image harken back to epic tales of heroes facing down impossible odds, she prefers to arrange matters in combat so that, if possible, the impossible odds are on her side – tales are worth little if you’re not around to tell them.

Weakness: She relies heavily on the background checks she runs on potential contacts, and the idea does not often occur to her that there is much more to a person than is revealed there. In addition, when she is facing a situation where the balance of power is in the opposing force’s favor, she will rarely back down cleanly if she perceives a fighting chance, and will gladly lay down her life to provide her comrades with a chance to retreat in good order.

As with most inhabitants of planet Earth, she has no powers beyond the human norm, and her physical ability is not beyond what a baseline human can achieve with rigorous training and conditioning. She has to wear armour to be bulletproof, and needs powered armour to approximate superhuman strength.

Bio: Fadilah Fahada Kaufmann was born in Zurich, Switzerland, the daughter of a middling Swiss banker and an infamous Moroccan mercenary known mainly as the Dragon, both quite fond of crossword puzzles and unwilling to admit that they’re not very good dancers, really. She was taught Arabic and German simultaneously as her first languages, and was raised on a steady diet of both Germanic and North African folklore, and quickly became enamored with the tale of Beowulf. Though her parents had an agreement not to push the girl into either of their professions, she grew to see herself as a warrior comparable to Beowulf, with the potential to attain the same legendary status. During her life and education in Switzerland, she picked up most of the other languages she is familiar with. During her late teens and twenties, she pursued a handful of romantic relationships with boys and girls her age, but, though both parties pursued the relationship with all the sincerity of any young love, none of them lasted particularly long, and they lost contact. When she was old enough to do so, she served three years in the Swiss army, and met many of the friends who would later follow her into the mercenary business, forming the Drache und Dolch mercenary company. After her service ended, she took up the alias of Wilhelmina Drachentocht, keeping her parents and private life separate from her new career as a mercenary while paying tribute to her mother’s near-legendary status. She has had a successful career in this business, and has modeled her company of fellows on the thirteen companions that fought with Beowulf, eventually recruiting the thirteenth, Sayf Kipsefu, during a conflict in the Congo. Kipsefu has begun teaching her Swahili after she expressed interest in picking up another language. Privately, she maintains contact with her parents, and her mother, a vigorous, healthy woman of 74, persistently reminds her that she wants grandchildren with all the subtlety of an atom bomb, sometimes introducing her to men that she thinks would be suitable choices, memorable among them a Finnish werewolf who wielded an axe bigger than he was, and a slight, bearded man in a cowl who walked as though the world was making a grave mistake in not playing the Imperial March for him.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

I am most definitely a mad man with a blog.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users