Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

Considering this universe seems different from the canon one, it seems a fair statement.

Oh wait, I can see the fight about canon already brewing. I'll just continue to ignore it and do what seems to fit the RPG....

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Considering New York by itself has seen at least a dozen alien invasions, methinks that denying aliens in-universe is akin to denying that squid live in the ocean.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Frankly, Marvel canon is such a contradictory mess that I'm taking a "it didn't happen until the staff specifically says otherwise" approach to the whole thing.

And I kinda hope the staff don't say otherwise so the insane stuff is kept out.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

We more or less deal with contradictory issues as they appear. We have a baseline for what happened and what didn't, but for the most part, what's canon and what isn't is quite fluid and ever changing.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

In short, fighting about it will do nothing but polarize people and hurt the RPG?

In this case, I think some questions can stand unanswered. Being powerless, I'll bow to the staff regardless.

Edited by Basilisk

Name: Marlon Brando "Brando" Barton

Codename: BrandoAge: 23Gender: MaleLoyalties/Faction: S.H.I.E.L.D. (Captain, lieutenant of Nick Fury), Avengers Initiative (Leader), James Rogers, Siegfried Thorson (field partners and deputies)Power(S): None.Appearance: Marlon Brando Barton looks like a man out of time: he's tall and built, with a prominent chin, facial structure, and dark, shining blue eyes. He has dark brown hair that is pushed back, giving it a spiked look, and his clothing often consists of simple black t-shirts and either black or denim slim fit jeansWeapons: Any variety of projectile weapons, from blowguns to bows and arrows to most firearms dating from the Spanish-American War to the modern day era. For close quarters combat, he carries a furnished, hand-crafted kukri balanced perfectly to act as an extension of his arm.Skills: Marlon was born and raised to be a part of SHIELD and has the strength, speed, and durability of a gold medal Olympian. More important than that, however, is his skill with weaponry: he's lethal hand to hand, but his true power lies in his reputation as the best shot in all the US Government, able to hit a target with almost any sort of projectile weapon.Personality: A clever and amiable man by anyone's standards, Brando Barton is a duty-comes-first-but-play-is-also-first type of agent; though he detests the term "maverick" the label rather fits. As a member of a couple of special operations teams over the years he understands the value of keeping things honest with his team, but can also appreciate the need for secrecy in his occupation of all occupations, which may be one of the reasons his paygrade is second only to that of Maria Hill and Nick Fury himself inside S.H.I.E.L.D. Upon the temporary hiatus forced upon James Rogers Brando assumed control of many of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s ground operations, choosing Siegfried, son of Thor, as his new field partner and deputy and building up a rapport with the man in the past year.

Weakness: Marlon, unlike most of the Avengers, has no singular special power.Bio: Marlon was born to Clint Barton, and even when he was in high school, it was clear that though he himself may not have been superhuman, something about his athleticism, determination, and persona was. He was a three sport varsity athlete, a class clown, and somehow managed to eat up every single bit of schoolwork he could find, spitting it out at the pace of a Gatling gun. Despite this, he had no direction in his life until the night of his graduation when, while throwing shot glasses up in the air and breaking them open with baseball bats on the roof a friend's house, Nick Fury appeared outta nowhere and offered him a role as one of SHIELD'S top field agents. Naturally, Marlon declined, but the next morning, while flirting with the Starbuck's girl, Nick Fury interrupted him again and this time, Marlon felt like he had no choice to accept. He's been with the Agency ever since.

Tapped for both his bloodline and his skill to help organize the first iteration of the new Avengers Initiative with James Rogers, Brando piloted the team as effectively as he could up until the Battle of New York, where he lost half his team, and half of the remaining half went their separate ways afterwards. A year later, with the Archangel Initiative slowly beginning to chew up S.H.I.E.L.D. resources, Brando was tapped yet again to help gather what remained of the Avengers, in addition to the new faces, but whether it is part of an inter-agency power play, public relations sham, or something else entirely, he refuses to speak on the matter even when pressed by his teammates. In his outside life, Brando is currently attempting to hold down a long-term relationship with the former head of the Pantheon Initiative, Natalie Hart, and recently became a first-time father to a son, aka Kid Kid Hawkeye, aka Drooltron, aka the Second Coming of Cyttorak, aka Clint Eastwood Barton.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

In general, take whatever the British say, butcher it and make it sound cruder, and you have what Americans say.

(I'm an American, I'm allowed to do this). :P

Name: Tasha Stark
Loyalties/Faction: Stark Industries
Power(S): She has inherited some of her mother’s Super-Soldier Serum, giving her increased athletic abilities, such as exception durability, strength, endurance, and stamina. She can perform better than Olympic gold medalists.
Unlike her mother she has no increased healing factor to speak of.
Appearance: She resembles her mother a lot more than she does her father, has long scarlet hair and dark blue eyes. She has that pale Russian skin that seems almost white as snow. She has a sleek figure and is about 5’7”.
Weapons: Usually nothing, though if she is going through a dangerous area she may carry a concealed weapon.
Skills: She has had martial arts and other forms of hand to hand combat training since she was a child. A shrewd business woman.
Personality: She can be friendly and understanding one moment, and cold and ruthless the next. It all really depends on what she finds more beneficial in a given situation. She never outright trusts anyone, that’s something you have to earn, and she doesn't make it easy.
Weakness: Despite her martial arts and combat training she has never been in actual combat. Other than her enhanced body she is a non-superpowered human.
Bio: The illegitimate child of Tony Stark and Natalia "Natasha" Alianovna Romanova, her mother did everything in her power to keep her daughter away from Stark and the media, tried to give her a normal life. Then the phoenix happened, killing both her father and mother and making her an orphan. Tasha ended up being raised by Pepper Potts alongside her half-brother, Howard Stark.
While Howard became the new poster boy of Stark Industries, Tasha stayed in the sidelines, helping her step mother keep the company profitable while her brother did whatever he fancied, inventing new tech and helping reestablish the Avengers. Tasha was more than content to stay in the background and do what –really- mattered.
The Battle of New York happened, Stark Tower crumbled, and Howard died in battle. Leaving Tasha as the sole heir to Stark Industries. Pepper was devastated at losing her only son, leaving Tasha to take on even more responsibility for the company.
For a year now plans have been on the way for the reconstruction of the Stark Tower, and Tasha is overseeing the project herself as it nears its completion.
Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Well, first and foremost, darkest days. At least, so the rules tell me. Moving on:
Name: Siegfried Thorson
Codename: None
Loyalties/Faction: The Avengers
Power(S): Siegfried, in the vein of all of those before him who hail from the Realm Eternal, is blessed with incredible strength, speed and durability, a trait storied, at least in Siegfried's case, to stem from being the physical embodiment of the lightnings and thunders themselves.
Appearance: A total wall of a man standing at 6 feet and 6 inches of muscle on top of muscle, Siegfried is the very visage of a Norse god, much like his father before him, and all of those in his family line. Despite his cut from granite physique, Siegfried has a face bearing an unearthly handsomeness, his eyes glowing bright blue with the storms he is to wield under gentle, expressive brows, bright smile infectiously spreading across his face, smooth, strong jaw and fair, unmarred skin framed by flowing locks of pale blond hair. Siegfried tends to wear tank tops and jeans when not dressed for battle. When suited up, however, Siegfried wears garments of a stylized archaic style, commonly wearing a sleeveless blue and white hooded robe reminiscent of a priest, crusader or a paladin, with four metal plates sewn onto the torso, armored wristbands, and greaves.
Weapons: Siegfried carries a massive sword, Trymjalyn forged from the same Uru metal used to make his father's hammer, the legendary Mjolnir. Enchanted to directly comtrol Siegfried's powers, as long as the blade is in contact with his person, the enchantments allow Siegfried to control his physical abilities to their maximum, and wield and control lightning, as well as fly at speeds surpassing his normal movement speed. The blade also carries an enchantment that allows it to shrink to pendant size. Siegfried often wears it like this around his neck.
Skills: Siegfried has been trained and various forms of physical combat since childhood, and is extremely skilled in hand to hand combat. His specialty is with swords, an area where he is nearly unrivaled. Siegfried is also a skilled gardener, a past time he took up to rein in his anger.
Personality: Siegfried is a proud and strong man, with heaping amounts of pride in his heritage and his skills. He is a strong advocate of peace, however, and only believes that one should take up one's weapon after all other options have been exhausted, unless the opponent in question has done true wrong. He is not prone to anger, but once his wrath is incurred, it takes genuine miracles to calm his storming rage.
Weakness: Siegfried has no elemental abilities or flight when separated from his sword, and thus aside from that, has no ranged combat options. The sword also grants Siegfried control over his physical abilities, when separated from it, Siegfried is certainly still stronger than an average human, but he no longer has access to his true superhuman abilities.
Bio: The child of a mortal woman and the Asgardian Thor Odinson, Siegfried has long been a force to be reckoned with. His powers manifested very quickly, a result of his mixed heritage, a sincere issue for his mortal mother, whom he lived with. Due to his immense strength as a child, Siegfried was temporarily relocated to the legendary Asgard to live out his childhood, and try to learn to reign in his strength. But Siegfried was a rowdy, unruly child, and regularly caused problems and wanton destruction. In order to teach him a lesson in humility, and to force him to learn control, he was cursed with an enfeebled body, though even then, he still proved stronger than a normal mortal. Still, time like this taught Siegfried what it was like to be hurt, since he could no longer rely on his strength to get him out of situations with ease. He learned what it was like to be bullied. And he learned that he did not like the feeling, nor did he like imposing the feeling on others. In order to prove himself, Siegfried chose to return to Midgard, better known as Earth, to live as a man of control. Proud of his son after watching him mature on Midgard into a peaceful, strong man, the mighty Thor had a blade forged for him. The blade, dubbed Trymjalyn (Pronounced Trimyalinn, translating to Raving Lightning) is made to act as a catalyst for Siegfried to have access to his true capabilities Once granted this blade, overwhelmed by humility, Siegfried swore to attempt to uphold his father's will to protect Midgard and it's inhabitants.
His powers and exploits brought about the attention of S.H.I.E.L.D, who initially recruited him to join their secondary strike team, Pantheon. The team never quite managed to gel, however, and Siegfried was eventually recruited to join the latest incarnation of the very same group of heroes that his father once fought alongside, The Avengers.
After the Battle of New York, Siegfried moved from New York with his mother, taking her to live San Juan, Puerto Rico. Once settled, Siegfried quickly grew tired of attempting to lay low. The idea of sitting back and hiding his head after taking such a loss does not sit well with the son of the God of Thunder. No. There are words to be had with those who threaten the welfare and peace of Midgard.
---
Alrighty. So, It seems like moves are being made to ensure a more sedate level of superpowers, so if I need to make any changes and such to make Sieg more reasonable, please let me know. I don't know exactly what I'd to to make such a change, but I'm totally down to try if need be.
Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

No technical flaws in any of the above, as such, plus one'd.Advent, the only thing I request is that, in light of the number of his abilities, Siegfried's physical skills be reduced somewhat. Nothing major.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Siegfried

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE APPROVED

heartfullofrainbows.gif?w=510

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Since someone decided to dangle bloody meat in front of a shark.
This world does not resemble a world that has endured an alien invasion. At all, since nothing specific has been mentioned beyond the fact that some think an invasion occurred, I’ll be speaking in general terms. I will assume the invasion included public fighting with advanced technology, since this hypothetical invasion seems to be publically known and a secret war would have been easily hidden by the government and talking about such a thing in public would be more or less a one way ticket to “look! I’m crazy town!” Heck, they’d probably make you their mayor.
Let us look at the implications. The aliens would have, presumably, left ships, weapons and the like behind as well as handily proving that FTL speeds are very much workable in this universe. Where are the advanced weapons then? Where are the uber-fast fighter jets, the laser-tanks and all manner of highly advanced tech based on alien designs? Heck, the aliens wouldn’t have gotten here running on oil, there isn’t enough in the galaxy for that, so where are the high-output power sources that would more or less make oil obsolete. You might say: “But Basilisk, you handsome devil, what if the invasion was recent? Say in the last ten years? How do you explain that you brilliant mastermind?”
To that question I say….we’re still rebuilding from Katrina. By its very nature an alien invasion would cause more damage than the hurricanes were experience every year. Plasma cannons and mass-drivers have a way of doing that. Plus, I’d think rebuilding from an invasion would be something mentioned during a press conference. You can’t get better PR then that…..and yet the president was remarkably silent on that matter. So an invasion could not have been recent, because any nation affected by it would be receiving so much rebuilding aid that some governments would be printing money for it. Another Marshal Plan would just be excellent for the American economy and China wouldn’t be left behind in such a matter.
Second, if such an invasion occurred, it would conclusively prove that there were hostile empires out there that had not been slapped down by larger more benevolent powers, meaning Earth would be under more or less constant threat simply by implication. A society under constant threat….well, let’s just say the theme song of most militaries would suddenly switch to this. Since no massive coups are in the works, there is no mention of an orbital defense grid or anything useful in repelling in invasion like that. No matter how idealistic you are, massive threats have also been marked by massive decreases in general freedom in the threatened nations, an alien invasion and an implied evil alien empire would only make this effect worse.
Plus, since HYDRA isn’t capitalizing on this fact (“We have the technology to defend humanity! We will provide the iron first with which Earth will break those who dare assault us! Join us! Overthrow the weak democracies and make Earth strong and so on and so forth!”) we can safely conclude that this world does not resemble one that has endured an alien invasion. A facist organization would use that exact line of reasoning to make people join them, but instead they are focusing on the outrage of those in the Third World. An alien invasion based rhetoric, clearly, is superior to that in that it will attract members from outside the third world and not make the first world an enemy right off the bat….but they did not.
So there it is. Alien invasions have no real logical basis based on the world seen in this RPG.
Edited by Basilisk

Tyler, I think you might've missed these:

IC: Julia
Julia was halfway through replying to the first text when she received the second. She chuckled quietly to herself.
Technically no, but I guess I'm kinda in the same ballpark. :-P John's here too, talking to Warren, last I checked.
IC: Julia
Julia tapped another message in and hit send.
I don't suppose you'd know where Alex is, would you?

67tlbk.png

I haven't missed them, but the problem is I've been so swamped with so many people (and kittens...?) randomly appearing in Dallas' dorm room there's no time for me to have him check his phone, reply, and then handle everyone else at once.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Krayzikk mentioned in a post in the Planning Topic that most everything leading up to Avengers vs X-Men is canon which came after the Skrull Invasion. Of course I'm still in favor of waiting on the Staff to give an official verdict on whether a known alien invasion ever occurred.

Just think of the folks at S.W.O.R.D. though, out of business if aliens don't exit. Poor guys, there's enough unemployment going around already.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

This world, as presented, does not resemble one that endured an alien invasion in even a vague manner. It would bring about simply massive changes that can't be ignored, none of these changes are evident. Unfortnately, you can't have your "normal society" cake and eat the "alien invasion cake" without breaking logic completely.

Edited by Basilisk

Considering this universe seems different from the canon one, it seems a fair statement.

Oh wait, I can see the fight about canon already brewing. I'll just continue to ignore it and do what seems to fit the RPG....

Might I add that there are people who think the Earth is flat, the Early Middle Ages didn't happen, and that the moon landings were made by Stanley Kubrick.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Since someone decided to dangle bloody meat in front of a shark. This world does not resemble a world that has endured an alien invasion. At all, since nothing specific has been mentioned beyond the fact that some think an invasion occurred, Ill be speaking in general terms. I will assume the invasion included public fighting with advanced technology, since this hypothetical invasion seems to be publically known and a secret war would have been easily hidden by the government and talking about such a thing in public would be more or less a one way ticket to look! Im crazy town! Heck, theyd probably make you their mayor. Let us look at the implications. The aliens would have, presumably, left ships, weapons and the like behind as well as handily proving that FTL speeds are very much workable in this universe. Where are the advanced weapons then? Where are the uber-fast fighter jets, the laser-tanks and all manner of highly advanced tech based on alien designs? Heck, the aliens wouldnt have gotten here running on oil, there isnt enough in the galaxy for that, so where are the high-output power sources that would more or less make oil obsolete. You might say: But Basilisk, you handsome devil, what if the invasion was recent? Say in the last ten years? How do you explain that you brilliant mastermind? To that question I say.were still rebuilding from Katrina. By its very nature an alien invasion would cause more damage than the hurricanes were experience every year. Plasma cannons and mass-drivers have a way of doing that. Plus, Id think rebuilding from an invasion would be something mentioned during a press conference. You cant get better PR then that..and yet the president was remarkably silent on that matter. So an invasion could not have been recent, because any nation affected by it would be receiving so much rebuilding aid that some governments would be printing money for it. Another Marshal Plan would just be excellent for the American economy and China wouldnt be left behind in such a matter. Second, if such an invasion occurred, it would conclusively prove that there were hostile empires out there that had not been slapped down by larger more benevolent powers, meaning Earth would be under more or less constant threat simply by implication. A society under constant threat.well, lets just say the theme song of most militaries would suddenly switch to this. Since no massive coups are in the works, there is no mention of an orbital defense grid or anything useful in repelling in invasion like that. No matter how idealistic you are, massive threats have also been marked by massive decreases in general freedom in the threatened nations, an alien invasion and an implied evil alien empire would only make this effect worse. Plus, since HYDRA isnt capitalizing on this fact (We have the technology to defend humanity! We will provide the iron first with which Earth will break those who dare assault us! Join us! Overthrow the weak democracies and make Earth strong and so on and so forth!) we can safely conclude that this world does not resemble one that has endured an alien invasion. A facist organization would use that exact line of reasoning to make people join them, but instead they are focusing on the outrage of those in the Third World. An alien invasion based rhetoric, clearly, is superior to that in that it will attract members from outside the third world and not make the first world an enemy right off the bat.but they did not. So there it is. Alien invasions have no real logical basis based on the world seen in this RPG.

I'll be addressing this topic point by point (thank you Akenu, thank you Mind Bender, thank you Steve, thank you Kobok, and thank you everybody else at the Veritas Society for teaching/showing me how to debate on an Internet Forum).First off, which alien invasion are you talking about? I can think of six instances of alien intrusion over the years (Galactus, Thanos, Maximum Security, World War Hulk, Secret Invasion, and the Celestials). There are probably a few more out there that I'm forgetting. So which one are you talking about?Secondly, as to captured alien tech, whaddya think SHIELD is for?! If the aliens did leave something behind that wasn't destroyed, it was either given to Stark or put under at least Level 5 security. They would be keeping it hidden because if terrorists got their hands on that kind of stuff, it would be bad. There must have been some treaty along the lines of anti-nuclear proliferation signed sometime in the past as well, because if the USA and China suddenly started shooting plasma at each other, the planet would be destroyed in a day. The folks at the UN would be enforcing Reed Richards is Useless because of the potential security risks.As for rebuilding, it looks as if the last invasion happened 17 years ago. Plenty of time to bring the city back to at least a semblance of functionality. There is probably still broken sections of the town, but they're old news, so nobody mentions them anymore.For your point about alien threats, we do have an orbital defense grid. I'm pretty sure that The Peak and Pandora's Box aren't the only S.W.O.R.D. controlled space stations up there. And Earth also has allies in the Asgardians, the Olympians, the Kree, and the Shii'ar. More than enough military might to back Earth up. And if those fail, we still have Atlantis and Attilan. If they fail, we still have our superheros. Worst comes to worst, we break out the classified weaponry that we have somewhere.As for HYDRA, they don't know when the next invasion will come. Usually, attacks come straight out of left field, so if HYDRA says that an invasion will come and it doesn't come in the expected time period, credibility goes way down. Better to capitalise on something less effective, but more reliable than something very effective, but very unreliable.

And I'll dismantle your claims point by point.

First off, which alien invasion are you talking about? I can think of six instances of alien intrusion over the years (Galactus, Thanos, Maximum Security, World War Hulk, Secret Invasion, and the Celestials). There are probably a few more out there that I'm forgetting. So which one are you talking about?

The staff have not confirmed these exist. And if they did, I would be forced to leave the RPG because all of these would render Earth society so very different from the one that we enjoy today (think paranoid, expansionist semi-global dictatorship, one lost war on Germany's part transformed it into something horrible, a succession of massive invasions would do horrible things to the mentality of the planet as a whole).

Secondly, as to captured alien tech, whaddya think SHIELD is for?! If the aliens did leave something behind that wasn't destroyed, it was either given to Stark or put under at least Level 5 security. They would be keeping it hidden because if terrorists got their hands on that kind of stuff, it would be bad. There must have been some treaty along the lines of anti-nuclear proliferation signed sometime in the past as well, because if the USA and China suddenly started shooting plasma at each other, the planet would be destroyed in a day. The folks at the UN would be enforcing Reed Richards is Useless because of the potential security risks.

Not confirmed to exist by the staff. The UN has no real power, and this approach is wholly moronic as it leaves Earth completely defeneless in the event of another invasion. Treaties mean nothing when the survival of the species is on the line and if you think otherwise you are hoplessly naive. Terrorists getting their hands on it would be bad, but terrorists still value Earth, they live on it. Aliens have no such values. And without weapons of our own to shoot back on them we would be naked and defenseless before them. Something no sane person would even consider. The logic simply falls apart upon simple observation of the real world, heck the USA and the USSR signed a treaty that said they would fight together in the event of an invasion. Throw in as many invasions as you claim, and the world would be united as a simple inevitable effect. One cannot ignore this and claim any pretense of reality, it would place this RPG firmly in the absurdist/parody catagory.

As for rebuilding, it looks as if the last invasion happened 17 years ago. Plenty of time to bring the city back to at least a semblance of functionality. There is probably still broken sections of the town, but they're old news, so nobody mentions them anymore.

We still talk about that earthquake that brought down a city today. Next. History is around for a reason and you ignore logic in favor of adherence to canon, a canon whose viability is not even endorsed by utterly by the staff. You are making assumptions that simply have not been proven true. Regardless, you also ignore the massive social effects these would have. Again.

For your point about alien threats, we do have an orbital defense grid. I'm pretty sure that The Peak and Pandora's Box aren't the only S.W.O.R.D. controlled space stations up there. And Earth also has allies in the Asgardians, the Olympians, the Kree, and the Shii'ar. More than enough military might to back Earth up. And if those fail, we still have Atlantis and Attilan. If they fail, we still have our superheros. Worst comes to worst, we break out the classified weaponry that we have somewhere.

Not confirmed to exist by the staff, not mentioned, not even known to exist in the RPG.
As for HYDRA, they don't know when the next invasion will come. Usually, attacks come straight out of left field, so if HYDRA says that an invasion will come and it doesn't come in the expected time period, credibility goes way down. Better to capitalise on something less effective, but more reliable than something very effective, but very unreliable.

......This makes no sense. We didn't know if the USSR would even attack, but we still had two red scares. Plus that nuclear program plus the entire cold war...

Edited by Basilisk