Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Do any of us even know where she lives? Has anyone seen her?"

IC:

The former Weapon rolled her eyes, taking the moment to stand and place her dishes in the sink. "That I do."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Better than anyone, you know," Dallas said, reclining in the chair now that he had room to stretch again and watching Bekah. His head was tilted to the right, curious. "Even Tali. Even John. Sometimes better than me."

IC:

"I've been keeping Nat off the ledge since New Years. No time to talk to Stark. Haven't heard from Sieg since he went back to San Juan, either. Think the Puerto Rican girls are his type, the crazy, gorgeous ######. Banner...well, when's the last time any of us had an idea on Banner. But Tasha..." Brando sighed. "She didn't want to do this, man. I recruited her right in this room, dusted off the old speech you gave Erin, and told her that the world has a lot of death, and almost none of it has meaning. That the people who are left never have anything to show for it. But we fought...we fought so that the world would have something to show for it. And we'd just have to trust that it was enough of a return on investment."

The marksman thought of a woman and child with miscolored eyes, curled up asleep on a couch far away. He was fighting dampness at the corners of his eyes. Not for the first time, he thought on how it felt to be the only person amongst the Avengers who was powerless twice over.

"I don't know. If I were her, I'd really ###### hate us right now."

-Tyler

Edited by Neopolitan

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"I appreciate the compliment." After a moment's pause, she seemed to think better of leaving the dishes in the sink and casually turned on the water. She started washing them only a second later, after she located the sponge. "But one of those is not at all difficult to do, and I cannot quite agree with the other two."

IC:

"She'd be justified, to be honest." James paused in his circling of the perimeter, and leaned against the wall instead. "I don't know if the old Avengers had times this rough, but man. I keep a running tally. Of the good we do, versus the bad things that happen. Habit from football, I guess."

"We've done some good, but for all of it costed three lives, Tasha lost her brother, and all of us went through a year of . The tradeoff isn't sustainable."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"You can all you want. Not changing my mind."

IC:

Brando thought about that for a few seconds.

"We could have been Rookies of the Year by now. I always preferred receiving, but with a little SHIELD training I could read an offense like a motherer, reaped QBing awards until I was Favre's age. Most of the teams in the NFL would've taken us. , man, we could've done baseball."

He slicked back the hair away from his eyes and wiped at his eyes. The dampness was gone now.

"Instead I'm getting a Galaga machine."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

"You're impossible."

IC:

"I could've had a full ride football scholarship." James said wistfully, staring at the opposite wall. He was quiet a few second, then shook his head. "I never would've had anything to do with Gramps, if Fury hadn't given me the speech. That one of mine you gave Tasha? That I gave Erin? Basically just paraphrased him. I'm great at delivering 'em, but I'm no good at making speeches."

"... What we're doing, it ain't working. We've gotta whip this team into shape."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I ain't exactly revved up to be the one to tell SHIELD," Brando said quietly. "I mean, ######, man, it ain't like we're taking another gap year from Ole Miss while we decide if we wanna be spies or not. I got Nat to worry about, man. I got a kid who's gonna be two this year. I got responsibilities that SHIELD helps me pay for. If you expect me to leave that paycheck behind just to make you feel better..."

The Avenger trailed off, fingering the Identicard in his left pocket. He had found the same patch of wall James was staring into and began focusing his efforts on staring lasers through the metal.

"...goddamn idiot that I am, I'd probably do it. But if we ain't SHIELD, and we ain't Stark, I hope you have a real good idea for what we will be."

-Tyler

Edited by Neopolitan

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Nothing that drastic." The super soldier paused, then shook his head. "Not yet, at least. Maybe it'll come to that one day. Who knows. Right now, though, I think we gotta exercise that freedom of action Fury's given us a little. We need to recruit some members, bring our numbers back up, and train 'til we can work like a team again."

"Then we can worry about taking action."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Hey, if you want to help me get into the nitty gritty and help canvas these names all over again, be my guest. Most will be rejects from the last go around, but as long as I ain't hip deep in the ###### again, I don't mind. But I got a condition."

Brando's mouth turned playful again.

"You gotta come see Clint. He's still asking about you in that weird baby language. And Nat wants you over for dinner again yesterday. Says it'll be nice for us to barbeque for someone without half an Asgardian appetite again." The marksman reached over and punched his best friend lightly on the shoulder. "Think she might've forgotten what it was like to feed your fat ######, but hey, whatever gets you to swing by the apartment has me in its corner."

IC:

"The most impossible." Dallas had snuck up behind Rebekah and sat on the lip of the sink's unused half. "Seriously. You can crash here tonight if you want. Sleeping on that vent is gonna give you ###### scoliosis someday. Is scoliosis contagious?"

-Tyler

Edited by Neopolitan

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Nero shook in his seat with a start... Again. After a moment of glancing around furiously, Nero sighed to himself. "If this keeps happening to me, I'm gonna have to go see someone professional-like. Spacing out like this can't be healthy..."

Eyes dropping to his now cold stack of pancakes, Nero sighed again. Waste not, want not, or so it goes.

---

Sun reflecting rather merrily off both the sunglasses and the glossy sheen of the half-Asgardian's hair, Siegfried also sighed. His was not related to distressingly unsatisfactory cold pancakes, but to a level of relaxation he had not felt in some time. So relaxed that a bit of him wondered if it was just a liiiiiiittle bit forced. Or if at the very least he should feel guilty for being so carefree. Or maybe a bit of both.

Siegfried had no intention on dwelling on such matters. Oh no. There was solar-based relaxation to be had (not forced, he'd swear to whatever god you had handy that he didn't personally have some sort of tie to), and no room for wondering how things were going elsewhere... Or itching to not be in one spot... Or- NO. RELAXATION.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

The supersoldier laughed, a sound boisterously at odds with the tone of the conversation. Exuberant and loud. "Alright, alright. I'll come over for dinner. I'll even try not to eat half the kitchen, but I ain't promising on that front."

IC:

"Scoliosis isn't contagious, and my posture's fine." The dark-haired woman turned slightly to face Dallas, idly drying the dishes with a nearby hand towel. "I don't want to impose. I'll be perfectly fine."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Too bad we don't have Sieg over. We could make a night of it over some hot dogs, chips and dip. We'll eat like gods. Nat made this punch for Christmas out of some sparkling grape juice, some Code Red, a few juices and fruit blends...I bet they don't make anything half as good in Asgard."

That should do it.

IC:

"Thousand yard stare is a big thing around here, don't sweat it," Dallas said helpfully, pocketing the iPhone in question and sitting across from the wheelchair-bound mutant, Alex at his side. "Hey Nero. Sup."

chomp

IC:

"C'mmmmmooooooooonnnn. Crash here. We'll find something on Netflix, beat around the bush for a while, and eventually you'll crawl over and want to cuddle. Quiet rest of the night indoors."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I don't really think he can hear you, Brando."

IC:

The Ultimate rolled her eyes while she carefully returned the now-dry dishes to their respective drawers and cupboards, removing any evidence that they had ever been used. Even the hand towel was folded and set aside to dry again.

"You have an odd perspective on the future."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Oh, c'mon. We'll tempt him with a song, Asgardians love a good song. Wheeeeeeen..."

"I hate you."

"CAPTAIN AMERICA THROWS HIS MIGHTY SHIIIIIIIIIIELD!"

IC:

"How do ya figure?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Nero twitched and raised eyes from cold breakfast foods to company he hadn't quite realized he'd had. Probably should have been paying more attention. "Have you guys been sitting there long?"

---

Nope.

Not giving in.

RELAXATION.

Siegfried was (nearly!) gritting his teeth at this point, but such things were not to be dwelled upon because there was relaxing to be done. That in mind, it would probably do Siegfried some good to maybe stretch his legs some. Maybe in the sky. In a New York-wards direction...

Siegfried sighed and sat up, flipping his sunglasses to rest just over his hairline then pinching the bridge of his nose.

It was like there was a siren call or something, and the so-called half god just was not strong enough to resist it. Time for packing, he supposed.

IC:

"I believe in myself."

IC:

"Uhh...just a couple minutes. I was, uh, I was exercising. I got hungry and brought Alex for the company, looked like you could use some too. Win-win...win."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Nero visibly relaxed a bit. "Okay. Less embarrassing than I was thinkin'." After a self-reassuring nod, Nero perked up considerably. "Always down for some good company. How's the world been treatin' you? How've ya been?"

IC (Alecto Kava)

Alecto was fairly certain he had his life together. Mostly. Somewhat. Probably.

Alright. So he was drawing lots from a bowl of angry scorpions while ice-skating down a hill. Still. It could be worse. The scorpions could be on fire.

....Oh yeah, he and the Cylon were on the outs and the dishes went, as yet, unwashed.

Okay. So the scorpions were on fire.

Things had....sort of fallen apart on him. Alecto supposed they had a tendency to do that when you spent more time doing jobs for morally dubious guys who met you in smoke-filled rooms and that laughed just a bit like your average bond villain and when your idea of a friendship was mutual insults and dish-washing agreements. 

Still. The lifestyle did have some benefits. Like having a particularly pissy looking secretary in what looked like the sort of getup a deadly ###### serious Renaissance fair-goer would wear showing up at your door, an honest-to-god hornblower right besides her, handing you what was probably the most fancy invitation to a gala in the New York state area right now.

######.

It was written on fricking parchment.

Alecto thought he'd gotten together a pretty diverse resume in his time-did a stint for Cobra down in South America, worked for Black Forest, Executive Solutions, The Fife Security Agency, half a dozen other private contractors, and the Greater Nevada Syndicate (classy as ###### suits)....

But the Hellfire Club? Or whatever this Legion is? Yeah. That was....that an upgrade.

Edited by Havelock Vetinari

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Ohen soared over the city, keeping just above the rooftops, though it became increasingly difficult as the buildings became higher and higher. He pushed himself to go faster, leaving a flaming tail like a comet behind him. Buildings zipped by in a blur, he caught glimpses of windows, people in suits, shops below at street level. He grinned to himself as he barely recognized one building as he passed, Stark Tower. Gone in an instant, and back to the city! He'd have to stop by for a proper visit sometime...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC:

"You're always very confident in yourself. Overly so."

IC:

"Could be worse." The technopath answered before Dallas, chiming in for the first time in a while. He sipped at a cup of coffee and took a few bites of his food, then looked back to Nero. "Company's good. Life's been boring, which is great compared to the usual. Don't think it's gonna last though."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Nero's face scrunched up and he waved and crossed his hands dramatically in front of his face in a warding motion. "Ack! Shhh! Let's not go jinxin' it, yeah? As far as we know, it's quiet and boring and it's gonna stay quiet and boring forever."

IC: After a few more minutes rocketing around the city, Ohen turned back, starting to fly for home. Seeing Stark Tower on the city's horizon, he made a snap decision, turning hard and ducking into a nearby alley. He snuffed the flames surrounding his body and looked down at himself, pleased to see that the custom supersuit he'd had designed was working, able to withstand the heat of his flight ability. He ducked behind a Dumpster and quickly took off the shirt, turning it inside out to reveal just a black shirt on the other side, doing the same for the pants. After a moment, he looked just like anyone else again, and walked out onto the street. He headed for Stark Tower, wanting to look around from ground level to see this legendary place for himself.

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: 

Tasha tapped away at the keyboard, using a computer that probably cost more than your car. The machine was rapidly searching databases, servers...public ones and not so public ones, and it was searching them fast. Tasha sat back and watched impatiently as she waited for the results. Finally it beeped as the search was completed.

I'm sorry Ms. Stark, I swept through every server I could access...but there is just no sign of HYDRA.... JARVIS announced with a apologetic tone. 

" it!" Tasha slammed her fist onto the table, immediately regretting the action as pain shot through her hand. She rubbed it over as she stared into the screen. "Run through it again, and keep doing so until you actually find something. HYDRA may be hiding for now, but they'll rear their heads again, and when they do, will be ready for them." JARVIS complied with her request, setting the machine to keep running it's scans indefinitely. 

Tasha tapped her fingers, she didn't have to stay in the room, but being there seemed a lot easier than facing the world. There were already people out there calling for her head as well as anyone else involved with Stark Industries. Look at the security cameras there were a few protesters here and there outside the tower. Not to mention the number of attempted break ins they'd had in just the last few days. Yep, people wanted her blood. 

Yeah, no way she was leaving this tower, ever again. On her tablet she went over the various security cameras throughout the building until she came across the room with Brando and James. She thought about going over there to visit them...but no, she wasn't ready to see anyone right now...not yet. Maybe never. She could totally run this company from here right?

IC: 

"Well Dominik, I know what I have to do to keep you from misbehaving." Shiloh's blue eyes practically sparkled as she continued. "Fill a spray bottle with orange juice and keep it on me at all times." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"The superhero gig wasn't that bad, guys. Besides the times...when it really...really, really got bad."

IC:

"Maybe they're directly related. And besides, I pull my own weight in a fight. You make it sound like all I do is walk shirtless into a war zone."

IC:

Dominik didn't laugh.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Maybe to you. Honestly, I'm offended you fail to realize the edge I bring to the team's tactical well-being, the boost I give our morale, or the brief and fatal confusion I instill in the things we fight."

"Plus I look like a ###### god."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Ohen walked up to Stark Tower, surprised to find a group of angry protesters gathered. They held signs with slogans like 'Down With Stark' and 'Stark = Hydra'. His eyes narrowed as he pushed his way to the front of the crowd, planting himself at the base of the steps to the tower. "Excuse me!" He cried, waving his arms to gain the attention of the crowd. "What's all this supposed to be about?! You blame a whole company, an entire group for the actions of one? How is this fair? What kind of world do we live in where innocent people are held responsible for the crimes of others?! Put down your sign, go home, find another cause to fight for!" So caught up with defending the legacy of one of his idols, Ohen didn't notice the crowd seeming to get more and more angry with his interruption...

IC:

The technopath shrugged noncommittally, taking a long swallow from his coffee mug before he glances pensively inside it. "We did some good. And I mean, all things considered, Philadelphia was probably the most clear-cut success we ever had."

"And I didn't get arrested or kidnapped, so. Silver lining there."

IC:

"You're just trying to justify your eccentricities,"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I gave him a support hashtag. Love you too buddy."

IC:

"Nah, I gave up on that. You wouldn't listen."

-Tyler

Edited by Neopolitan

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME