Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"It's not a big deal." Lunar said dismissively. "So, back to fun. What do you have in mind"

IC:

"For f***s sake!" Sierra continued muttering a string of unintelligible curse words under her breath, trying to gently brush the pieces of glass off of her desk and into the waste basket. Flicking her tail - which, along with a pair of ears and wings, was one of the side effects of being healed halfway through transformation - she re-lit the blowtorch and started over on a new piece of glass.

OOC: OFI

IC:

Nicole twirled a strand of blonde hair as she thought for a moment in silence before her blue eyes suddenly lit up. "We could go swimming!" she cheered. "In the pool, like no one uses the pool much around here so it will probably be pretty dead but its such a nice day outside!"

IC:

Sierra's door suddenly creaked open as Christine pushed her way inside her room. "Sierra? Are you okay Ah thought Ah'd stop by and see how you were doing after that boy healed you." she said as she cocked her haid at the girl who seemed to be taking glass off of her desk.

IC (Remus)

Remus scowled at Kane's answer. "So close, and yet so far. The difference between a pirate and an emperor is but a matter of titles. Perhaps, in time, I will share my experiences with you. But this is not that time." Remus glanced over at the Domink's tent. She would have much to discuss with him, once matters here were settled. "Now, is there anything else you need? Supplies? If not, I have matters to that need my attention."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Dominik's mouth pursed in a faint smile and he looked at Shiloh with searching eyes. The sound of Remus from nearby diverted his eyes for a second and he cracked the knuckles of his left hand against his jaw, one at a time, before looking back at LeBeau.

"We should do coffee," he suggested. "Next time we settle down somewhere. Talk a little."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Dominik looked out towards the Lebeau tent and smiled dryly, running one hand through his hair. The color juxtaposition - light dark skin, dark gold hair - clashed in the sunset.

"He doesn't like me very much," Dom observed, leaning against the back of his tent. "If he likes me infinitesimally."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Shiloh

"Yeahhhh...he's very protective of me. Most of my life it's just been the two of us, working together to survive the streets. I don't think he's comfortable with anyone else getting close to me." Shiloh sighed. 

"You should have seen what he's done to guys who put the moves on me that I didn't like."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Kane glanced over at the tent Remus was looking at. Her scowl didn not escape him so he knew she hadn't been fond if the answer he'd given.

"No, it's fine. Thanks for humoring me and giving me a chat go along with your important business I'll just be here, uh basking in the sunlight." He said. Once again he felt out of place and unimportant In the scheme of things.

IC:

"Of course there is silly! You think Xavier would of built a school for teens without making a pool for them to cool off in during the summer?"

"I'll need to grab my bikini!"

IC:

"You don't sound alright," Christine said softly. She noticed that Sierra still had wings... And a tail but she didn't go out of her way to show that, she didn't want the poor girl to feel alienated.

"What're you working on?"

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC:

Eating happily despite - or in spite of - his spat with Alex, Dallas swirled two fries around in ketchup and popped them into his mouth, cleaning a crystal of salt from under one manicured nail with his teeth before it grew uncomfortable there. He had polished off his first burger first - always two burgers with Dallas Green; he would tear into one, have some fries, and then eat his second if he was still hungry, which he generally was - and was now eyeing the technopath and the half-empty parking lot with the same learned ambivalence. When his gaze found someone new, the sky blues lit up, ringed by a curious, electric cyan.

"So, Sakuya," he prodded, smiling disarmingly through a sip of his Powerade. "We in any classes together? Just wondering 'cause I don't, uh, strictly speaking...go to 'em."

IC:

Dominik smiled and flicked his eyebrows before performing a similar flick with his hand.

"Go. Enjoy your pizza, assuage your brother's concerns."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Shiloh

"It shall be done my lord." Shiloh stood at attention and saluted, before walking off with a coy smile back toward the heart of the camp. 

She spotted her brother, still on his phone, and approached him. Sure, she could have just talked with him telepathically, but sometimes it was nicer just to do it in person. 

"Yo bro."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: (Sakuya)

Sakuya Harada smiled back, though a little unaware that she was smiling. She had gotten herself a bacon cheeseburger and was halfway through it when Dallas had spoken to her. She swallowed her current bite down and sipped her lemonade before she responded. Sake noticed there seemed to some frustration in the air between Dallas and Alex.

"Well a few, not much. As you said you haven't really shown up. Surprised some of them keep calling you, I don't think I've seen you in any of them," She replied. At least as far as she remembered. She heard things about him, all the chaos that had happened. She was the school, but she was never in front of anything like Dallas and the others were.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

"I took a semester off. Was gonna study abroad, but abroad was quickly redefined as my dorm," Dallas explained with an impish half-grin. "Was gonna see about a flight back to California for the summer, maybe stay until Thanksgiving. That fell through as soon as I realized how much fun I was having sleeping in. What classes do we share, do you know?"

"Well...we have Pre-Calc together...you're supposed to sit behind me in US History, and we're in Video Production I together too. Kind of a small class. Hard to miss somebody unless they're not there."

Dallas' eyebrows flicked, as if to grant her the point, and his tongue played with the back of his teeth in amused chagrin.

"Wow. Small world."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"That would be this." Daken shook his head twice and tapped the tattoo trailing up his left arm. The mercenary squeezed the mohawk between his fingers and then looked at Nate, eyes tracing the length of the archer's lips.

"You smirk a lot," he noted. "My turn: what is it that you want that I have, and the Brotherhood didn't?"

It was more typically blunt than what he was used to, but Akihiro had spent too long beating around the bush with his little brother, and with the day he'd had he was getting tired of the manipulations. Maybe a little bluntness would do some good.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: 

Somewhere in a park near Westchester, a girl sat in a tree, her right leg dangling idly over the edge of the wide branch she had perched herself upon. Her arms were clenched around a gym bag--an old, reliable piece of equipment she had owned since the day she had moved into Xavier's. It held a few personal items, like her laptop, some clothes, and various trinkets she had collected in Japan. The last one she had gotten her hands on before her surprise departure had been one of those little waving cat statues. She could feel it in the bag, tucked between the folds of her I <3 NY t-shirt next to...

She felt her heart lurch a little as the back of her index finger brushed against the locket's cool metal surface. Her hand wrapped around it, and before she knew what she was doing, she was holding it in her open hand, looking it over. It had just been too much...

"C'mon, Julia. Let's go home."

The sound of Alex's voice was reassuring amid the chaos of that day. Manhattan, the city she thought she knew, was now missing a large, spherical piece of itself, and now she was facing a Dallas that wasn't the Dallas she knew, but who had just saved her from...she wasn't even quite certain what. It was a lot to take in. She took a deep breath, her mind reeling.

"O...Okay..."

And that had been that. She went back home, or at least the closest thing she had to a home, and tried to forget that she lived in a world where on a given day, a Kaiju-sized robot could wander into the center of a major city and explode, leaving nothing but a crater in its wake. But that was just the thing...she couldn't. She had spent the first half of her life running from gun-toting commandos that always seemed to be a step ahead of her and her family. She had lost two brothers, one to an organization that turned people like her inside-out in every sense of the word and one to a Brotherhood of fanatics that wanted to wipe out everyone that wasn't like her. She had survived brushes with both groups, if only by the skin of her teeth, but at the cost of almost two years of her life--two years spent worrying, weeping, and hoping over a boy called Alexander Smith.

Then there was the Hellfire Club and HYDRA...She didn't even want to think about what she had missed while she had been unconscious, her body healing the damage done by a lethal virus. 

It was all too much.

She had turned inward that day, keeping her thoughts to herself, and, if she was in a particularly talkative mood, Alex. She still hadn't said a word to anyone else, not even Dallas. With a deep breath, she unfurled the locket's chain and draped it around her neck, then reached for her phone, scrolling through the contacts until she found Alex's name. She hit the little speech bubble icon, typed three short words into the text box, and hit send.

can we talk?

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo
  • Upvote 1

67tlbk.png

IC:

"I've got to go." 

Alexander said suddenly, as soon as he looked at his phone. He'd only eaten half his food, and silently at that, but he suddenly seemed to have a purposeful energy in his movements as he pushed his chair out, looking up from the device at his erstwhile companions. He gave a faint, sheepish smile, almost half apologetic, as he stood, gathering the remnants of his food. "Sorry to run, but there's something important. Sakuya, pleasure to meet you. Dallas, we'll talk later, alright?"

A single thought traced the text signal back to Julia's phone, and gave him, roughly, where she was; park, Westchester. At this time of day, and with the number of lights between his location and destination (lights that could be... persuaded to let him go), the trip's necessary time easily took form in his head. As he hurried through the door, his fingers quickly formed and sent his response; I can be there in three minutes.

With practiced ease, he slipped behind the wheel of his car, and brought it moving at speeds that, if he was perfectly honest, weren't entirely legal out onto the street. Said speeds continued as he moved towards the destination he'd gained (he'd have to pinpoint once he was there, he only had a rough one), subtly manipulating traffic along the way.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Dallas eyed the empty chair while Alex stalked through the parking lot and hopped in his car, speeding his ride home out of the parking lot and down the street. The empath eyed Alex's fries and rattled the large cup full of spuds, taking one and tasting it experimentally without so much as a dab of ketchup. He ate another two fries at once and then stood up suddenly, making Sakuya flinch. Dallas rattled his empty Powerade around, sending ice shaking along the paper cup, and looked down at her own drink.

"Refill?"

She offered him the cup after a second or two of staring. He held it in his free hand and walked around the table, pushing open the door with a foot and sparing another glance at Alex's empty seat and cooling burger. Foil crinkled and blew in the wind; Sakuya caught his gaze, and he favored her with a small grin before stepping back into the restaurant and stalking towards the drink machine. Instead of refilling the beverages, he pulled out his phone and looked at his eyes, using the screen as a makeshift mirror. Burgundy, off and insecure, gnawed with hunger at his irises. He checked his pulse, and felt it quicken and simmer under two fingertips. His grin had frozen on his face, cheeks tight and mouth curling with displeasure at the corners.

Thanks, partner.

He took a deep breath and moved his cup under the fountain.

Okay.

The lindigo sports drink hissed against the ice.

I'm okay.

IC:

"Do you ever think in, like, terms of non-explosive ordinance?" Brooklyn asked, holding a pair of shorts to her thin, tanned legs and looking down at them. She had propped herself up against Rebekah, head reclined on the ex-Weapon's shoulder, the Sundance Kid to her girlfriend ("Get it, Bekah? You're Butch! Tee hee!") Unsatisfied, she threw the shorts over a rack and blew air out of her mouth, O-shaped in its displeasure, but her grin was worthy of a spot in the Manson Family scrapbook when she found a pair of black shorts, sporting a pocket just big enough for her smartphone.

"Bekah! Look! Look with your demowoman's eyes! The perfect pair of shorts!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

Lilliana's phone buzzed, announcing that it had received a photo and text from Lamar. Curious, Lilliana unlocked her phone and widened her eyes at the picture of Jessie J from the Bang Bang video.

eyyy girl! Just B T Dubs, this is your Halloween costume. I'm going to be Nicki and Feugo is Ariana... Of course I mean it's obvious. Well it's either that or we are all going as the back up dancers from the Anaconda video.

IC:

As Morrison walked up to where Dallas was, he watched Alex stride off alone.

I wonder what his problem is.

He didn't let it bother him much, however, as he stealthily crept over and jumped up on the table next to where Dallas had been sitting, taking one of the left-behind fries and eating it quickly, which was probably a fairly comical site as he was still a fox. He also made sure to glare at the other person at the table, with a look that said 'If you take this food from me you shall suffer eternal pain.'

He was hungry.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Julia

I can be there in three minutes.

Julia read the message over and started typing you don't need to do that before she realized it was already probably too late to stop him. She was certain she'd interrupted something Alex had been doing, yet he was already headed her way. She was thankful, of course, that she was that important to him, but some sort of guilt tainted that thankfulness.

She slid down the tree trunk will relative ease, landing on all fours with her bag slung over her shoulder. She pulled out her phone and sent a reply.

Ok. See you soon.

IC: Jordan & Zack

Jordan finished buttoning up his dapper new coat and straightened the collar, then turned around and held out his arms for Zack to see,

"How do I look?"

"Like an ######-hat," Zack replied flatly, glancing up from the coin he was levitating above his palm only briefly to look at Jordan, whose arms fell to his sides.

"Says the guy who's too busy being an ######-hat to notice his nose is bleeding." Jordan retorted.

Zack didn't look up. He was still focusing on the coin. With a flick of the wrist--more for show than anything--Jordan sent it flying to the wall, where it embedded itself into the plaster under its own gravikinetically-altered weight. Zack glared at his friend.

"Seriously," Jordan said. "You're bleeding."

Zack touched a hand to his nose and it came back red. He let out a string of hushed curses and hopped up from the table, his already-bloodstained hand pinching his nostrils shut. Behind his metallic green shades, his eyes darted back and forth, desperately searching for a tissue box.

"######, where does Ric keep the ###### tissues?" Zack demanded loudly to no one in particular.

67tlbk.png

IC:

"In my room. Kleenex are distributed in accordance of use, from most useful to least. Here. Use this." Alaric was standing in the doorway, wearing a slim Varvatos jacket over a decidedly casual black t-shirt, trimmed black jeans and a pair of laceless Margiela sneakers - ever since the announcement of John Galliano's appointment as creative director the Black King had been wearing the luxury shoes religiously. From the pocket of his jacket  he withdrew a cloth and held it out between thumb and forefinger for Zack. The one-time captain of the X-Men looked between his two charges and then walked inside, sparing a quick glance over Jordan's new coat before sitting down across from Zack while he held the cloth to his nose and looked up. Ric could see a hint of Zack's eyes behind the sunglasses. "You've been spurting A negative like a fountain on and off for three weeks. Are you keeping everything under control?"

Zack was too busy stemming the flow from his nose to respond, and Alaric brushed at his ink-black quiff in pensive irritation.

"Would you know?" he asked, a little more quietly. "If she was..."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Zack & Jordan

"If she was...?"

Zack shot a quizzical look at Ric, but he caught on momentarily.

"Well, there's not a lot I know about her," he said with a quiet sniffle. "although..."

Jordan raised an eyebrow but said nothing as Zack breathed a deep sigh, pressed the tissue harder against his nose, and tried to concentrate. The Summers boy brought his twin sister to the forefront of his mind, reaching out to her.

And then, he could feel her. She was alive, but...well, he couldn't really tell what else. He crept closer to her over the psionic plane, inching towards the most distinct blip on his telepathic radar. Then, like he had been struck by lightning while standing in the spillway of a collapsing dam, his mind was flooded with thoughts and memories--Tara's thoughts. Tara's memories. Sounds, words, and images all swept through him, knocking him off of whatever constituted his feet in this odd dreamscape. He vaguely felt his physical self lurch, and it wasn't long before he couldn't take any more. He sank back into reality with bloodshot eyes and a nose that bled with renewed vigor.

"I...she...she's alive. And she's alone somewhere--scared, but she's like...like, trying to tell herself she isn't scared."

He chuckled a little. Sounded like Tara, alright. 

"But uh...that's all I can tell."

67tlbk.png

IC:

Alaric's lips were pursed together in thought, ultramarine stare unreadable while it bored into Zack's sunglasses. Finally, the young Black King rolled his eyes and stood up again, holding out a hand and pulling Zack up to his feet.

"Come on. I'm headed out for a drive anyway, and some fresh air will do you some good." He turned to Jordan languidly and looked the gravikinetic up and down once. "What about you, Dead Weight? Car's a two-seater, so you can't come, but no reason I can't buy you a burger if you promise to be good and not go messing with any of the world domination schemes upstairs."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

The technopath's estimate was almost right. Technically, it was three minutes and thirty nine seconds before his car pulled smoothly into a parking space just outside the park. Alex killed the engine, and stepped out, walking toward the park.

"Julia?" He asked aloud; he was reasonably confident that she could hear him, and if she couldn't, no one would be around to hear him make an idiot of himself.

IC:

"If I'm thinking in terms of ordinance, it's always explosive." Rebekah replied cheerfully, eyeing the shorts.

"Those look pretty good."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Julia

Julia saw Alex's car pull up before he called her name. By the time he was out of the car, she had already stepped out from under the relative shade underneath the tree. She strode up to him and stopped about a foot from him.

"I..." she hesitated, then decided to just wrap Alex in an unsteady embrace instead.

"I'm sorry," she said, still keeping her arms wrapped around him. "for being so quiet. So much has happened lately, and I think I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with it."

Symptoms of fatigue quickly became obvious: her voice was shaky and deliberate, and she was less hugging Alex than she was leaning on him.

IC: Jordan & Zack

Jordan shrugged.

"I guess a Baconator couldn't hurt."

Zack looked from Jordan to Rick and nodded.

"Okay," he said, though he had a feeling he would've been going along regardless of his personal sentiment.

67tlbk.png

IC:

Alex hugged her back tightly, keeping his stance strong to help support her. He was quiet a moment, patting her on the back, before smiling; a real smile, for the first time in a while.

"It's okay." The smile widened. "I'm trying to deal with it too. But you're here, and that's enough to make me happy."

"We haven't just... Hung out, in quite a while. You hungry? Tired? Want to get some food, go find somewhere to relax?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

“Okay!” Nicole beamed. She then skipped off down the hall pulling her suit case behind her as she headed for her bedroom to change.

IC:

“A phoenix,” Christine said as she looked at the small sculpture. “Did you make this because of Ashlynn? That’s right you were probably too young to hear about all of that Phoenix stuff and what happened in Las Vegas, Ah forget sometimes. Either way its very pretty.” 

IC:
[ Kuaiji Mountains, China ]

Kamiya knelt down on the edge of the cliff.  Storm clouds rolled overhead, though rain had yet to arrive.   Kamiya slowly moved her hand across the bottom of her rifle until her finger came to rest on a small round button.  She pressed it, and with a click, two stabilization legs dropped out from the bottom.  Resting the metal legs against the boulder in front of her, she moved her eye to the scope.  The distant building went from being a distant blur to being close and clear as she adjusting the dials.  

There we go.  Kamiya thought, looking at the looming Hydra base resting in the side of a mountain.  She slowly moved the rifle, scanning the building for any signs of activity.  Her crosshairs came to rest on a helipad on the east side of the base.  Adjusting the dials further, the image in her scope zoomed to reveal a helicopter, with 3 men standing beside it.   She watched as a hooded man stepped out of the helicopter.   With one raise of his hand, the hooded man singled to the pilot that he should take off.   The helicopter rose as the hooded man walked towards the 3 men.   After the helicopter had made it's way away, Kamiya closed her eyes and focused on the on the group of men on the helipad.    Slowly but surely, the voices became clearer and louder, going from being entirely inaudible to sounding as if they were but a few feet away.

Kamiya's mutation, which allowed her to manipulate sound, helped her greatly in situations like this.  This ability also allowed her to operate with very little equipment, as she could remain silent in any situation she was placed. 

"Hail Hydra!" The first man said.  The other 3 replied in turn with the same.

"Status" The hooded man said in Mandarin.

"(Mandarin)   Everything is going according to plan.  We're finished the remaining parts this morning, and were shipped out an hour ago."  The first man replied.

"Our installation in Shanghai have reported that their parts have shipped as well.  All the parts should arrive in Pyongyang within 4 hours. " The second man interjected.

"Good." The hooded man said.  

That was all Kamiya needed to hear.  She flipped the safety switch to off on her sniper rifle and placed her finger on the trigger.  Shifting her concentration from the group, she focused her abilities on her rifle.   Pressing the trigger, a long bullet charged down the barrel.  As the bullet exited the barrel, Kamiya manipulated the sound so that it was no more than a whisper.    The long bullet made it's way through the air before it impaled itself into the side of one of the main bases support beams.

The bullet itself would do nothing more than scratch a beam of that size.   But what was stored within the bullet, a C78 High-Grade explosive, could completely destroy the support beam, as well as a few of the beams surrounding it.

In case we need it.  Kamiya thought.   She used her right hand to pull back the bolt on the rifle, which in turn ejected the casing of the bullet she just fired.  In one quick movement, she thrusted her right arm out and caught the casing before it reached the ground.  She placed it into a pouch on her belt and stood up.  

She took a deep breath and said  "Next stop, Pyongyang."  

sig7.jpg
Hi, I'm Metax.  BS01's Lead Programmer and Longtime Bionicle Fan!

IC: (Sakuya)

Sakuya eyed the fox suspiciously, before finishing the rest of her burger and grabbing her fries. Dallas seemed to just barely be holding it together, him and Alex had lost someone, wasn't her place to ask, wasn't her place to know. However she knew when someone was suffering, and when the guy that was supposedly his best friend had ran off for some reason, abandoning him. It didn't feel right, she might not have had the empathy power Dallas had, but she could tell when someone was twisted up and sad, frustrated with the world. She tossed the fox another fry before walking inside.

"Hey Dallas, wanna go for a walk and a talk?" She asked, placing her hand on Dallas' and helping with taking her cup out of his hands. They really just met, but she couldn't leave a guy to suffer like this, no matter how awkward it seemed. He needed a friend, and she would do her best to be one.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

Dallas flicked his eyes up and down Sakuya's face - pulse holding steady - and shrugged with one shoulder. "Sure. Let's go Aaron Sorkin in this ." The chronokinetic took a long drink of his Powerade and then underhand chucked the rest of the cup into the trash can; it landed in the bag and settled with a heavy thud while Dallas stifled a yawn with the back of his hand and walked outside. His face only visibly lit up when he saw the fox scavenging the rest of Alex's fries.

"Mo-rriiii! You trailin' me, buddy?" he asked jokingly, ruffling the fur behind the fox's ears. "Sakuya, this is my pet fox. Morrison, I guess you met Sakuya, huh?"

IC:

Dallas grinned and languorously stretched his feet out along the backseat of the taxi.

"Whassa matter, Card? Scared of a little kiss on the cheek?"

IC:

"I don't know...they look cool, but something in my head is screaming 'No one's gonna take you seriously when you publicly decry the patriarchy in these shorts! You're gonna have to break a guy's hand on the subway for wearing these!' Whatcha think? You sure they look good?"

-Tyler 

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"We don't take the subway much, and breaking bones is my job." Rebekah noted, cocking her head faintly in the way she often did when she was processing a series of thoughts. Then cocked the other direction as she continued to analyse the garment, and a moment later, "I think they look good. They'd probably work well for you."

fK5oqYf.jpg