Marvel, Rebirth:

Ic:

"Yea, knock off one of my problems... Only, how many left to deal with?" The question wasn't meant to be answered, but Kristen knew that just dealing with the anger that ran through her was only the tip of the spear.

Mental to-do list:

*banish voices

*get powers back

*get arm back

*kill John brutally

*figure out why I wake up wanting to run to Lynae

*make an official friend's list

IC:

Meanwhile... Across the country, mail carries were delivering medium sized boxes to several special people. Some even arrived at the institute; one for Lilliana and one for Kristen, to just name a few. Each package had been sealed by black wax in the shape of chess piece, a Queen to be precise.

OOC: if your character would like an invitation, please message me!

IC Tokiomi

"... Got it. Cover me." Tokiomi dashed out, grabbed the still alive HYDRA soldier, and dashed back to cover. He began the process of extracting any memories that might be useful.

Food...

FOOOOOOOOOOOOD...

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD...

Tokiomi oepend his eyes after about half a minute, looking as if he had just taken a very refreshing drink. He then began transferring what he had learned to Sam, giving verbal exposition as he did so. "We should be able to teleport into the computer rooms; there shouldn't be too many soldiers there and it will provide adequate access to the rest of the base. However, the base commander has liberally placed sentry guns throughout the base, and landmines in the outer areas could provide some issues with getting out. Certain sections of the base may contain super powered mutates under lock; they should not be entered. As well... We won't find much on this mission. They've ferried out much of the useful data, and have placed several decoys in the base. Our only hope of getting a substantial info grab is to interrogate one of the officers; otherwise, we should just focus on bringing the house down."

OOC basically, he now knows all of Reyson's lecture that was given prior to the attack. Go read that for more details.

Ic:

After getting her hand fixed by Alex, who also chastised her for not being careful, Kristen was heading back to her now tali-less room when she received a curious thing. A package. From the symbol, Kristen knew it was one person... Lynae.

She opened it up. It's contents were dual in nature, one being the invitation to a gala she was throwing... The other, was a curious mask. Checking quickly, it fit her face exactly, and Kristen assumed that it wouldn't fit anyone else. It was dark blue, and made of silk. Along the right half of the mask, it was decorated with feathers.

So it would be a masquerade.

"Dal!" She cried out, beginning to search the halls for her only best friend, "dal where are you?"

"I need you to help me get a dress!"

-

Sam nodded as the location entered her mind, as she began to draw the magic circle needed for the spell. Several minutes later, she was done, and she began to chant the spell that would open the portal. The chanting barely took any time at all, and soon enough the portal opened, and Sam slumped over, looking physically drained, "the portal... It will close on my command only... We should hurry..."

Edited by First Son Jiyu

IC:

"Yes, Tali, I'm going out with a friend." Dallas' voice was high and pure, and Card could no doubt hear it being put to good use from the wing where his dorm was nestled. "Yes, Tali! Friend! F-R-I-E-N-D! Those things you make when you don't lounge about in a man's room all day like a harlot--"

"Oh, so you're calling me a harlot now."

"No, of course not, but it's the principle of the ###### thing! I--Card! There she is! Look, see, it's just Card? I'm just dress shopping, don't be a prude. It's Card. God ###### psychopath, I swear, I should have left you in the Panera Bread parking lot by now in a cardboard box with a 'For Sale by Owner' sign."

"Your loss," Tali's voice echoed faintly from inside the dorm he was yelling into.

Dallas huffed and spun a fire axe - he hadn't taken well to the loss of his baseball bat, so he'd nicked back one of the fire axes stationed around the school - around his fingers nimbly when he caught sight of Kristen. "There's my party animal! Dress, was it?"

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC Damian

"Knowing HYDRA, this probably isn't going to be the end of their... I don't know how to describe it except ###### madness. Sucks."

IC (Al): "Yeah."

He took a deep, calming breath of the cold, crisp air. "Crazy really is the only way to describe it..."

helo frens

IC Damian

"If only we could just have some peace and quiet for once... Wait, are those gunshots?"

Damian turned in the direction of the docks. He could see in the distance an altercation happening between several people, a lot of whom had guns. "... Next time, I'm knocking the wood." Domain took a few steps forward, trying to get a better look.

OOC that'd be Terrance and his NPC enemies.

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC: "Hang on a second."

Tali came running after Dallas and Card, throwing the bag-which-was-not-a-purse over her shoulder.

"You honestly think I'd let my roommate and my, uh..."

She looked at Dallas quizzically for a couple of instants.

"...other friend go dress shopping without me?"

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: (Shaman)

There was nothing left for him to do. His mission had been thoroughly completed. And so, drained of energy and nearly out of bullets, he stumbled off into the forest, off to the nearest sewer or catacomb where he could hide until things died down.

(Black Knight)

The stoic warrior gazed quizically at the box addressed to him. It bore the seal of Lynae, and thus it was something of importance. For now, however, he would simply consider if his presence was genuinely desired at the gala or if the invitatio was a formality- he hadn't exactly formed deep relationships with thr Hellfire higher-ups.

Curiously, the mask formed to his face- the face that was never seen by his comrades. Curious indeed, he thought to himself, placing the box on a shelf.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

"That's unfortunate," Jennifer sighed. "Perhaps they have only attempted to remove the data and some can still be found or uncovered, I still have to try." she listened to the telepath's recounting of the base' inner defenses.

"We need to be on guard, well here goes." she said as she turned towards the glowing portal Sam had created.

"Guess its ladies first," she said as she reloaded her silenced desert eagle quickly before stepping through the portal.

IC:

"You don't have to be sorry, its not your fault." Christine said with a distant look in her eyes.

"Ah need to talk to Kristen soon, but Ah don't think this is the right time. We can talk if you want, Ah'll leave you two alone to catch up for a minute." she said to Aleks and Kane.

IC:

Terrance rolled as more shots erupted around him; slamming into the concrete.

"Half of you go inside the bank and start raiding it!" a large man with a scarred face and a sub-machine gun yelled. Six of the now eleven men broke off and headed into the bank; stepping over the slumped and fallen criminal that Terrance had taken out with his projectile.

More gunshots bounced off Terrance's armor as he got to his feet. He charged forward now slashing outward with his wrist-blades. One of the men yelled in pan as the blade cut across his arm; he dropped his gun giving Terrance ample opportunity to slam his head into the other man's distorting him before he followed up with a sharp elbow to the man's temple knocking him out before he kicked him away.

IC:

Once he'd devoured his small meal John got up from the bed and returned to the bathroom where he tossed the trash into a small waste-basket. John's synthetic eyes took in his own reflection slowly. Since he now had some food in him it seemed hs healing factor was kicking back into gear. As he watched the wounds the guards had given to him when he'd returned were slowly knitting up and vanishing before his very... eyes.

He hated those eyes. John had found a pair of black ray-bans on the dresser earlier. He now put them on; feeling better once the eyes Daken had given him were covered. John decided he looked much better. Breathing slowly he reached up and grabbed his broken nose before snapping it back into place. The pain was terrible but he felt instantly better.

He was wearing a plain black tank-top that showed the contours of his muscles; however he was much thinner then he'd ever been in his life. He ran a hand over the short stubble of his shaved head before dropping to the floor suddenly. John began pumping out a flurry of push-ups. He needed to build his body back and he didn't have anything to do.

Ic:

Ohkay then... Time to lay down the law.

"Alrighty you two, I don't know what your problems are, but your not going to settle them here. I need to find a dress for a ball, and do all the makeup and hair and everything else before then... You know, regular teenage girl stuff," Kristen said, frowning at them, "I've had a real past twenty-four hours, and as much as I'd like your advice, I'm not ok with you two hurtling insults at each other the whole time, and I'll leave you both here if you don't shape up.

"Are we clear? Tali? Dal?"

IC

By this time, Lilliana had gotten her package as well and returned to her office. It was an assuming box to be honest, but she still opened it cautiously, peering into it as it opened. Inside was another mask, this one light blue and halfway covered with crystals resembling ice.

Like it was made just for me... She thought as she gently lifted it to her face, the mask perfectly fitting her face. She walked to the mirror, pulling her hair back and smiled. Not half bad.

She then noticed a card and a letter in the box, gently putting the mask up and holding it up instead. It shimmered a bit in the light and was all white, except for a black queen and some text at the bottom. "... Hellfire Club.. 516-259-2235..."

She'd heard of the Hellfire Club... They weren't always spoken of in the highest regards. She shrugged and grabbed the note.

"Dearest Lilliana, I am pleased to invite you to the Hellfire Masquerade Gala. The mask that you find within this box is for you to wear to the gala. It was specifically made for you and must be worn because, well face it, it would be rude not to. The gala will take place at the Hellfire Mansion, the instructions to get there along with an address and date of the gala are all down at the bottom. However, if you have trouble financing for your dress, call me at the number on my card. My associates and I would be honored to have you as our guest.

Till then,

The Black Queen.

PS. Bring a date if you can!"

How did she.... She thought to herself as she stared at the letter in her hand. She had to go now. She needed to know how this woman knew who she was.

OOC: Posting for Kaithas.

IC:

Tali kept speaking as if Kristen wasn't there.

"It appears she doesn't understand our courting procedure."

"Our 'relationship' is very Animal Planet," Dallas helpfully explained.

And she finally turned to Kristen. "Pretty much the only thing I haven't done is killed him and eaten him, as per spider procedure."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC

"Huh?" She asked as she turned around, jumping a bit as she noticed the girl. "Oh! You were the little girl that was in here before, right? Sorry about that... I wasn't all here I suppose." She smiled and ruffled her hair a bit.

"They invited you too, huh? Well... The Hellfire club is a very mysterious entity. They aren't really the nicest of people sometimes, or so I've heard. People don't really know much about them unless they are in the group. But I know they have ranks that are based off of chess pieces... Like our hostess." She said as she pulled out the card she had found. "It's a Black Queen, one of the most important pieces in chess. So I'm guessing there's another Queen as well.."

"Tell me... Are you planning on going?"

IC:

"..."

Rebekah sighed, folding the shirt over one arm and watching the racks around her. The former was no stranger to this procedure; Whenever there was shopping involved, her girlfriend broke away and disappeared into the nearly-literal jungle, hunting down her prey. Every now and again a piece of clothing would get tossed back out at her. Like a grenade. Or a cat leaving behind its prey as a token of affection. Regardless, she was familiar with the way things would go. Eventually Brooklyn would emerge.

Eventually.

"Brooklyn, you have to come out eventually."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "Excuse me, miss?"

A man wearing a UPS uniform and carrying another package came to the classroom door, light hair loosely stuffed under a brown baseball cap. "The organization that sent that box you've got there was adamant you sign for it, and I seem to have left my signature pad in the truck. I apologize, but they really can be as insistent as the fires in ."

His eye seemed to twitch into a wink and suddenly he didn't seem like a delivery guy anymore.

"Pardon my French. If you'll walk with me?"

IC: Tali

"Do I look like someone who buys dresses often?" She asked, gesturing to the jeans and T-shirt she was wearing.

"Dallas, on the other hand..."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC

Lilliana turned to look at the man, getting an odd vibe from him. "Alright...." She said softly, before turning to the little girl. "I'll be right back, just wait for me."

She then nodded at the man, ushering him out the door. "Lead the way."

IC: A half minute after they left the classroom and enhanced hearing told him they were alone, the deliveryman took off his hat and bowed to Lilliana.

"Nick Wilder, Black Pawn."

The hat went back on.

"Pleasure to meet you. Charades are necessary, but I'm sorry about this one. So, given thought to your invitation?"

Edited by Infamous Ironic Iguana

BZPRPG Profiles

IC

"Are you really supposed to tell me your name? Your boss didn't seem too inclined to do the same." She said with a hand on her hip. "Because if so, your charade wasn't a good one."

She stopped in the hall and looked at him. "As for this invitation, why have I even been invited?"

IC: "Secrecy has never been my strong suit, but in this case I'm well within my rights to tell you my name. Foster trust or something like that."

Nick shrugged.

"My boss' paygrade is orders of magnitude above mine. She moves in mysterious ways. All she sent me for was to assuage any doubts you had about this party."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Nick shrugged again, adjusting his cap. "Best to ask her. Low pay grade means I don't know much, either. Though, last time I left the Club for any amount of time I ended up dying. Wasn't their fault, and I got better, but I took it as a sign. Don't try to run out on them."

He smirked.

BZPRPG Profiles