Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: 

When he heard his name, Akihiro knew it was time for a round of speed chess. For Christ's sake. He could spin this. He could spin anything. Broad strokes, little subtlety. Make her see.

Daken subconsciously reached for his shoulder and brushed off some crumbs from the bag of chips Lilliana had scrunched when she bumped into him. His brow pursed in confusion and then straightened out again, bringing a small smile with it. No pheromones. Be broad. Use your body. Use your history.

"Lilliana?" Daken's eyes flicked over her shoulder to John, slumped down at the table and trying not to watch or hear. Good. Follow my eyes. See him. I want you to see him. "You're the last person I expected to bump into here. Have you done something new with your hair?" He gingerly pushed her bangs away from her forehead. "It's been so long."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC

"People get hair cuts, Daken." She said with a slight smile...until she followed his eyes. Her eyes widened and she tilted her head at the sickly and half dead looking person sitting at the table.

"... Wha- Who is that?" She asked him softly.

IC:

Daken's smile disappeared when he watched her turn around, and his mouth tightened with some base emotion - Frustration? Upset? Shame? Lilliana had a look of creeping shock, like someone who had cold water poured down her back, taken unawares, but he could tell that it hadn't fully struck her yet. He wondered, vaguely, briefly, how she'd react; from what John had mentioned of her and how he'd reacted about the breakup (ambivalently, with no hints of potential seller's remorse) he was guessing it hadn't exactly been her idea to pack her bags.

"Maybe it'd be best if we weren't talking right now," he said, more quietly. "I should get back to him, and I don't know how happy he'd be to see you."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

"..." She looked up at Daken angrily as his words sunk in. "Is that John, Daken?" Lilliana grabbed Daken's arm, surprisingly tight as if all the anger she felt for the man sitting at the table manifested in her grip.

IC (Leon)

As Leon pulled himself up wall, he spent much of the time trying to assure himself that Jenna was not, in fact, insane despite the small mountain range of evidence that begged to differ. "It did mention a 'deep kingdom'. Full of demons. Demons that probably don't know the difference between human meat and vampire meat." Not that there was much of a difference in any case. Of course, considering the tendency that certain sectors of vampire society had in regards to their heads and sand, he wasn't shocked that some considered vampires a different species. 

Personally, he felt that if a human being didn't become a different species upon contracting the sniffles, then vampires really didn't have much room to talk in that department.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

The Dark Avenger's face tightened, mirroring the movement of his tricep when Lilliana squeezed it. She sees. Daken Akihiro had to fight the urge to grin, but he was a better actor than to show it; he closed his eyes and sighed, biting down on the inside of his lip. Was she at him for doing this to him, or John for doing this to her? He had a feeling he knew which was which. Lilliana had always been sentimental.

"Look, John's really sorry about what he did to you," Daken lied. "He's my blood. I know it's probably the last thing you want to do, but if you could find it in you to forgive him..."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Here it was - the opportunity, gift wrapped and tagged accordingly, that would prove to Daken once and for all whether his brother needed to be lobotomized with a wrist claw and thrown to the bottom of the parking garage's elevator shaft. Akihiro smiled and nodded, mumbling something like "You won't regret this" and walking back over to the table with Lilliana trailing behind him.

"Hey. John. It's a small world, baby brother." He hooked the leg of a chair and pulled it over with his foot, making a small screeching noise as the stool dragged over to their table and Lilliana sat in it. "Look who was eating lunch at the same time we were."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

John looked up at the ice-controlling mutant taking a seat at the table and literally almost froze. His eyes blinked over his new mechanical eyes which were thankfully hidden behind the shade he was currently wearing.

"Hey, Lillana..." John said trailing off not sure what to say. "I didn't expect to see you here." he said with a sad attempt at a smile. Bad memories flashed through his mind. Daken's men within Weapon-X filling him with lead over her, Daken slitting his throat and nearly drowning him in the river out of jealousy. 

"I just have to say... I'm sorry for leaving and calling everything off and disappearing like that. I know I hurt you and I'm sorry." he looked down. His old eyes may have been gone but his mind's eye was still there and in it he saw glimpses of the first time he'd seen the blonde weapon, within a tunnel underneath Weapon-X, they'd been hunting someone trying to escape, he couldn't remember. He did remember however the time she spent in his pathetic room within Weapon-X and the time he'd spent in hers. The bond they developed that had turned into something further. His proposal for marriage once they'd both moved into Xavier's school together, and the note he'd left before he'd slipped away, after he'd sliced off Kristen's arm.

IC

"Oh that? I've forgotten all about that." She said with a smile, although her eyes gave no sign of happiness. "The past.... Is the past isn't it? No reason for me to remember the man that sliced my heart right open, right? No reason to remember the pain and anguish, right?"

IC:

"I know I broke you're heart, I did more damage to you then I could have ever physically, but I did love you Liliana. I left because I was dangerous and unstable and because I cut off Kristen's arm... I could have hurt you like that somehow... I could have killed you... I thought I was protecting you."

IC:

"Don't get cute, new girl. Nobody has reflexes like moi. They're in the genes. Rogers, grab me some pretzels and some chips. Ruffles, if Stark's got 'em. And some Gatorade! I need liquid refreshment. Maybe grab me a stool."

"I'm not gonna do any of those things, Marlon."

"Oh, you called him by his first name." Natalie threw a chip into her mouth, chewing and swallowing. Barton turned around from the Galaga station halfway through typing BRANDO to stare at his domestic partner. "You aren't long for this world."

"Nat, can I get some chips...Nat, where did you get some chips? Did you find any Gatorade wherever it was?"

-Tyler
Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

Lilliana rolled her eyes and laughed, the sarcasm dripping from every Ha that left her lips. "Oh yes. That is soo convenient." She then took a deep breath, her fingers running through her platinum blonde hair as if that would get rid of her anger.

"But it's in the past."

IC:

"I won't lie to myself and say I made the right choice," John said as he looked at her. "You don't know how many nights I couldn't sleep because I had thrown away my only chance for happiness, thrown away what I had thought was my soul-mate. I missed you're blonde tresses and your blue eyes everyday and I saw them every time I closed my eyes. I made the wrong choice Liliana, I learned to control myself. In fact my claws are gone now. I could have stayed with you, and I'm sorry that I didn't. That I didn't trust you and bring you with me when I had to leave." tears were now running down his cheeks from behind his sunglasses.

"There's something else I need to say... you remember Liam? The unstable clone Novocain made from both our DNA? Our son? Well I know you remember he ran off and I couldn't find him... but he found me. He was turned into a lycan by the Ultimate version of myself and he was even more crazy, he was about to kill me until the Ultimate me beheaded him right in front of me. He's gone and I'm sorry, I know you had wanted to raise him as our own at one time. I just had to tell you."

IC:

"Ah hope you're right," Christine said as she watched Aleks like a hawk. "Can you stop doing whatever you're doing right now and just ****** kiss me?" 

IC:

Jennifer moved behind Harken as she slid into the room her pistol at the ready, her yellow eyes darting around the room. "So many computers... there could be a vast amount of data in here... we need to find the mainframe so I can try to access it all."

IC

"... It should have been you." She whispered as she glared at him, holding back her tears. Oh god she wanted to leap across that table and stab that man, no dog, in the throat. She knew exactly where too, to cause the most pain; she still remembered that from weapon-x.

"Daken," she said sharply, turning from John to his half brother. "I need a date to a gala, wanna come?"

IC:

"I had hoped you would forgive me after all this time. I hoped we could be friends or something but I guess not." John turned away. He couldn't look at her anymore, see those burning eyes that at one time had been full of love. Her words had cut into him like a knife. She wants me dead... how could she hate me that much for breaking her heart?

He turned slightly to look at Daken. Hoping... no praying that Daken wouldn't do this to him, not after how far they'd come.

IC:

A chess piece tumbles headfirst off the board. There were tears rolling off onto the table while Daken watched, singularly stoic.

Mother and Child (Divided.) He hadn't calculated this. Lilliana at the gala hadn't been part of the gambit.

John was staring at him. He wished he wasn't. He wished he'd gouged those eyes out and never bothered to replace them. He hated the way he stared.

The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living. A suspicious letter, eighteen years written. He has your father's eyes, Hank McCoy had said. 

His father's eyes were Mother Nature's fishing lures, by now, bobbing in the Hudson's current.

"I'm already going," he answered neutrally. "My boss got an invite. Let me field it."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

John's hand was clenching the table now white knuckled, the dark red scars where his claws had been clearly visible.

"Look at me Liliana," he said as he pulled down his hood so she could see his short shaved head, the scars on his face, he even pulled his glasses down so she could see his white-silver machine eyes.

"I've been tortured for months, I got everything I deserved for what I did to you and anyone else. Do you really need to try to torture me more by trying to pull something petty like this?"

IC

Lilliana frowned a bit, dejected, but then nodded. "It's okay..." She said softly as got up, looking over at John before looking back at Daken.

It couldn't have been more than a second between Lilliana just standing there and the time that her lips were pressed against Daken's own. It wasn't a sloppy kiss that one would have expected, or even cold like the ice mutant usually was. It was precise and, maybe pleasurable, but more than that it was fiery.

Who knows how long it lasted, but no more than a minute for sure, and when she pulled away Lilliana smiled. "I'll see you there." She called as she walked away, making an obvious display of grabbing Kristen's arm and pulling her out of the food court.

IC

His mood soured instantly, though Rene was careful to keep his thoughts shielded from Shiloh. She didn't need to know how much it annoyed him that Dominik had known all along. Granted, he wasn't surprised, but it was a bitter pill to swallow all the same.

Got it, he thought, but even as he did, he could feel his sister drifting off.

He stepped on the gas.

IC:

To his credit, Daken Akihiro kept his eyes on John and his face relaxed, expressionless throughout; when Lilliana sauntered away, he reached for his Coke and took a long, draining sip. Empty air brushed against the ice and made a swooooshing sound. It was clearly audible. The two of them had made a scene. This was a miscalculation. He sucked on the residual fluid draining off the ice and put the cup down. For a long moment, the brothers were silent. Daken mixed the straw around, stirring the ice into new and jagged formations. 

"Well," Daken Akihiro finally said, mustering a smile. "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I want you to kill her for me," John said lowly when she was out of ear shot and as he pulled his glasses back on. He knew she was doing this just to hurt John.

"Maybe I was wrong, maybe I haven't learned the self control I thought I had." he said as he turned towards Daken. "But I can't help but want to see a claw pierce her throat. I don't want her to keep haunting me like this... I want to leave it all buried." his tears had frozen once she had kissed Daken.

"Alright, I know I didn't cut off your ears, so I want you to take a step back and listen to yourself very carefully. I want you to repeat what you just said to me in your head." Daken sucked another breath of air through the straw again. "And now I want me just as minutely: that's the stupidest thing I've heard in years."

"You killed that Avenger didn't you? I thought I read something about her dying, it looked like your work. Why not her? She's always stood between us, she was the reason you nearly killed me. I don't see the difference... I just can't handle seeing her again, that ****."

"The Avenger was a threat. Avengers are threats, you ugly numbskull, and she was wearing an Iron Man suit that was about my size. You want to know what happens if I follow after Ren and Stumpy and finish them off? People in Westchester - you know, small town, plenty of fast food joints, tons of mutants that would know you on sight? - would realize that former X-Men are leaving town and then turning up dead with claw wounds. They connect the dots to me and I end up having to regenerate half my face again. Ever had to regenerate half your face, John? It's not pretty . You want to know what'll happen to you? My bet is that you get taken in again, spend a few months locked up in the Danger Room pissing on a digital fire hydrant, and then you get let out for good behavior and the worst you suffer through is a bland senior year."

Daken puffed impatiently on his straw; when he pulled his mouth away, the edge had been crushed between his teeth.

"Look at you. Hot now all of a sudden, telling me who to kill. I tried to make you something more than an animal. I thought you were worthy of my confidence. You said yourself she hadn't come between us at all - and now here you are, ready to throw the table into her teeth because my tongue happened to touch them for a couple seconds. Try and give me an order again, John. I encourage it."

"I don't get you, and I don't think I ever will." John said evenly. "I wasn't giving you an order, I was asking you a favor." he said as he released his grip on the table.

"She's a **** for doing that, and yes I've had to re-grow part of my face before not fun. What do we do now? Not sure if I can enjoy shopping after that, especially knowing she's here." he knew what he'd asked for was wrong, and selfish. Liliana didn't deserve to die. John had seen himself as a hero before, but now he didn't. His time with the Hand and now his time with Oscorp had leaned him towards a darker side, even though he had more self control now. Liliana was being unreasonable and purposely spiteful even after John had spoken from the heart and apologized. She was as cold as the ice she controlled and John regretted ever loving her now in the first place. 

IC:

"Are you dense?" she said as she turned towards Tokiomi. "I just said I wanted to extract any useful data I can, do you think shooting the place up and possibly destroying any chance of getting that data is a good idea?" she shook her head slowly. 

IC:

Nicole watched Ashley with wide eyes before she got up and began bouncing on the bed, her blonde hair flying everywhere as she giggled more. "Bouncy! bouncy!" 

Edited by Flex Till Death

Ic:

Sam lit the room up. Literally, by casting a light in front of them.

-

Kristen, who was about to make a comment how she hadnt even done anything like that, was completely and utterly distracted by the appearance of John. Throughout the whole conversation, she tried her best to eat her meal, but was kinda distracted by the red haze that had begun to obscure her vision and her innate desire to leap over the table and murder John howlett.

But instead she practice this crazy thing called "self-control" (note to self; teach Dallas about this!) and didn't try to commit murder. But she was grumpy when Lilliana pulled her away not long after she finished eating.

"... I really wish I could just-" Kristen bit her lip, stopping herself from talking as she wa led away, glaring back at the brothers.

At least, she did until a brilliant idea hit her. And she began to grin like an idiot, since it was a stupidly brilliant idea.

IC:

"Funnily enough, I'm not, either," Akihiro grumbled, standing and throwing his drink over-hand into the trash bin. "Come on. Follow me. Back to the car. Try not to walk too close to the railing - I'm tempted to shove you into the mechanism of the Ferris wheel." Akihiro rolled his eyes and carried himself back over to the elevator, outpacing John and pulling out his phone. Asa. Asa will know what I want. Asa's hair, Asa's jokes, Asa's fingers...

Get suited up and gather the team. I want you all to meet my brother. He's submitting an application for the Dark Avengers. Want your opinions.

Alright bby, we'll be ready before you get back. Anything else you want me to bring, besides my stunning beauty?

All the stamina you can muster. I'm in a bad mood. Daken's mouth quirked before he deleted all three messages and dropped his phone back in his pocket. By then, John had caught up. The walk to the main transportation hub was quiet. The elevator ride down into the bowels of the parking garage was quiet.

Even when John realized Daken didn't intend to gut him like an animal and leave his carcass on the side of the road like an elk, the ride home was quiet.

"I'm sorry..." John said as he looked down. "I know I disappointed  you back there... I can do better I promise. I will do better. She was something I needed to face I suppose, I won't ask you to kill anyone ever again. I don't want her dead anymore, I just want these impulses of mine to stop. I'm also sorry our trip to the mall got ruined... I really did want to go shopping with you brother, can we do it another time soon?" John felt like a little kid again, apologizing to his older brother for acting up but still trying to get what he was promised, even if he probably no longer deserved it. And I thought we were getting so far... all until she showed up. John inwardly sighed.

Daken didn't say a word. 

When they entered the Oscorp building, past the guards and secretaries in the lobby, things were quiet - his pheromones tended to give off his mirths and rages, and it was clear to all they passed that Akihiro's mood tended towards the latter. But he never said a word - not when the doorman gave his cursory hello, not when they reached the elevator, not when the ride took them closer and closer to the floors full of penthouses cordoned off for the Dark Avengers. Only when the doors opened and Asa Thurman was there, dressed in red leather and sauntering forward to kiss Daken, did the one-time Weapon smile.

"I'm going to go cook us something," he said, his voice hoarse in disuse and anger, with Asa at his side while he walked and John followed behind. The elevator closed with a ding! and began its trip back to the ground floor. "Team's all suited up? Good. Team! Dark Avengers! May I have your attention?"

Angela turned away from the pinball machine and sat up on top of the glass. Leah was wearing Matt Summers' old uniform and testing her new control over her pyrokinesis from the couch. Nate was throwing darts and looking between Daken and John. Of Khalid, no sign.

"This is my brother John." Daken kept walking down the hallway and opened the door to his own quarters, stopping with his head halfway sticking out. "He wants to join the Dark Avengers. Say hi, everyone."

The Dark Avengers said hi.

"Good." Akihiro smiled wryly; the jaws of the trap slammed shut with a predator's ferocity. "Now kill him."

The door closed.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Staff IC:

The girl had stormed on ahead, entering the next room in haste like she was very familiar with the place. To her right was what appeared to be an examining table, she shuddered as she glanced at it, to her left was more computer and lab equipment, and in front of her was...

She let out a battle cry as she charged forward, blade out as she went toward the object of her hatred. Then there was a hard thud, she screamed. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

John slowly raised his hands. "Wait," he said as he watched Daken slip into his room.

"Please don't do this Daken," he said. "I love you as my brother, I chose you over anything else I cam back. I'm sorry I wanted her dead okay, I'm ****ing sorry! It will never happen again, don't do this. Don't throw everything away, not yet. I can learn from this." he said as he dropped to his knees now. He didn't want to fight. There was no way he could fight them all.

"DAKEN!" he crawled towards Daken's room now, before wrapping his knuckles against his brother's door, almost like how he'd tugged on his leg before Daken had left him years ago. 

"Please Dakey..." he said using his childhood name for Daken, one he hadn't used since Daken had left him. "Don't make them kill me..." John wasn't sure why he didn't just accept death or go down fighting. There was a part of him, despite everything he'd been through, everything Daken had done to him that wanted to stay alive. 

OOC: Getting off, I work all day tomorrow and I close, please don't attack my character until I can post. Even though he's been sentenced to death I'd like and hope he can have as fair of a fight as he can (even though he's being ganged up on with absolutely no weapons to his name)

Edited by Flex Till Death

John Harken- Team Sneaky Monkey

IC: With a muttered curse, John burst in to a run after the Other Aella. Slowing down just enough to avoid running in to any traps or ambushes he came through the doorway in a crouch, weapon ready to shoot anything that might be hostile.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: (Leah)

"Put your hands up and fight, like a man."

She did not know the crimes this man had committed, nor did she care. An order had been given, and she would happily oblige. Any man cowardly enough to beg deserved none of the mercy he so desperately cried for.

She ignited both hands in flame, creating vents of fire, and slammed them to Howlett's temples. Should they hit, his head would burn, but he would not quite be dead immediately, as the flames were not hot enough nor attack powerful enough to damage the skull. His head would simply burn. No, the sharp shock of death's embrace would come subsequently...

OOC: Left the last paragraph open for another member of the DA to jump in- wouldn't want to hog this.

EDIT: Forgot to add. Flex: read this as though it is about to happen, not as though it is happening. I know my wording made it look like an autohit but that's not my intention. :)

Edited by Al the Chicken Man

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC Peter

"Oh, I'm such a hypocrite... Getting plastered like those basket cases... I'm just..."

If anybody would be inclined to look, they would see a young man weeping over a large portion of fries. It would seem that he was drunk, but it here he got the alcohol was another story entirely.

"I mean, like, 85 goddamn years in the past? Who woulda thought? They told me it was just a simple experiment, but, well, here I am..." Peter repeatedly smashed his head into the table, scattering the food. Fries, now mashed into a paste, sour cream crudely spread across the table and on Peter's forehead, it was quite the sight. "I mean, why?"

"... I miss home... I mean, even if it is some sort of hellhole, it's still home... At least there, I have a job, a house, an ID... I'm absolutely nothing here..."

At long last, he picked up his bag of chair wheels and other miscellaneous groceries, and began stumbling his way out of the food court, fries left uneaten. "Oh, but I do have to teach..."

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC: Something was beeping. What in God's name was that beeping?

Skylar Vance emerged from the dark depths of her slumber like a leviathan from the ocean floor. About as much grace and charm as a leviathan too. Amid grunts of annoyance a hand crept out from beneath a storm of blankets and started hammering at the bedside table trying to slam the alarm off. It succeeded only in hitting a glass of water, smashing it to pieces and sending a small flood of water coursing off the table which in turn elicited a flood of curses from within the blankets.

"God /^©%ing )@︎^ it! Piece of no good cheap breakable $#!+..."

The ruffled form of Skylar threw aside the nest of linen she'd built around her to try and scoop up the shards. Then she realised she'd hurled her sheets right into the puddle of water spilling from the table to the floor, tried to pick them up as well and just dropped the glass all over them. And amidst the growing spills the alarm kept beeping away...riiiiiiiiiight until Skylar lost her temper. 

"Shut! Up!"

The clock found itself being hurled across the room, crashing into the wall before dropping like a stone. None of which did anything to stop the beeping, as that was coming from a pager to remind her it was time for medication just to the left of where the clock had been. Skylar grumbled as this dawned on her, managing to compose herself a little more to switch the pager off in a normal, less percussive fashion. 

She didn't know why she was still taking the pills. They weren't making her any better, if anything she was getting worse. She might as well be taking sugar placebos. They'd probably taste better and not cost as much either...

The pop of the cap coming off the little bottle was gunfire loud in the silence left by the placated pager and the pills rattling against each other an avalanche of boulders. Skylar wished she had some aspirin too but it apparently messed with whatever was it was they were giving her for her condition, so she was stuck with the headaches. Whoop-de-doo. 

A couple of the pills in hand she reached for the glass of water she always kept to hand for this-

Oh. Right. )@︎^

She sighed, physically trying to vent her frustration thinking of the arduous trek to the kitchen area of her studio apartment. It was ridiculous really, it was a few feet away. But on would come the leg braces, skeletal cages that they were. Out would come the crutches. No...no she couldn't be dealing with that right now. She'd just swallow the meds dry, regardless of the taste.

How did they taste? Bitter. They were bitter pills to swallow indeed

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

He knew that LeBeau had seen the message; Dallas smiled and took a sip of his drink, looking up out of the tops of his eyes at the barista. Her eyes caught his, and she smiled. He waved the marker casually. One electric blue eye closed, and opened again.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

"Dallas." A cold voice said softly from behind the flirting mutant, Kristen's arm still in her hand. Lilliana desperately was holding back her tears, now that the adrenaline from seeing John and what she had done faded, the incredible hurt she felt was crashing down with the power of a tsunami.

"Watch Kristen. I'm leaving. Here's money for a cab." She said as she threw some money at him before trying to get out of the coffee shop.