Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"I have a plan. It's so cunning you can brush your teeth with it, and you play a very crucial role in it, Angela: your job is to shut up and let me eat."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

At the distinctive sound of a Gatorade bottle's seal cracking under pressure, Barton turned, perhaps expecting his loyal teammate Erin Banner to hold the Gatorade up and let him take a quick waterfall of electrolytes. All he received were blank stares and a few half-smiles, and the loud pewBOOM! of the alien invaders overwhelming the USS Baby Bump with their superior extraterrestrial beam weapons. Brando grumbled and stepped away from Galaga. Tasha Stark started to laugh.

"Next time," he swore, performing some complex hand gesture. "Watch your high scores list."

He made his way to the Stark minifridge and pulled out a Gatorade. The cap twisted under his open palm and then he popped it off, landing on the couch and taking a long sip. The mood in the Tower got exponentially more serious.

"So...we gonna talk about Hydra or what?"

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Staff IC: 

Tokiomi found it...rather difficult to access the scientists mind. Just what are you looking for in here, hmmmm? 

"Oh I'm sure there are men waiting for us outside the lab as we speak, I would suggest locking the door." The scientist suggested. 

"And yes, I created the clones...unfortunately this one is the only one left alive, and I can't make more without dear Aella...speaking of which, she is probably the only thing that could save her clone here, just an fyi." 

He watched as some of Team Sneaky Monkey's members went for the computers and started trying to access all they could, to their surprise it almost effortless to gain access, and it seemed an upload was already in progress to an external hard drive that was attached to one of the terminals. "I was in the process of copying as much data as I could myself...I didn't plan on staying here long..." 

IC: Tasha

Tasha smirked proudly that her record still stood, but her face became serious the moment HYDRA was mentioned. 

"Aye, especially if we're gonna talk about how to kick HYDRA's ." 

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

John Harken- Team Sneaky Monkey

IC: Still facing the crashed through set of inner doors Harken spoke loud enough for the scientist to hear.

"Explain what is wrong with the clone and how Aella would help. Everybody else, please hurry up. Time is now life for the armored lady on the floor."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Red lights that only she could see were flashing in Persephone's vision. Red lights to tell her she was out of missiles. Red lights to tell her where her armour was failing. Red lights to tell her where she was overheating. Red lights to tell her where enemies were clustering together...

"Harken?" She asked over comms, aiming her arm-mounted maser at the remaining tank, trying to sever the barrel of its main gun. Would ruin its accuracy if it didn't stop it firing altogether. "Harken, whats your status? I'm not sure how much longer we can give you a distraction and a clear exit strategy out here. You may need to speed things up a little."

IC: Sounds of a disturbance made Alec's ears prick. A lot of the actual staff at the Institute were off doing there own thing and without any authority around things could escalate quickly. A bad thing in a school full of kids as full of superpowers as they were of hormones. Things would be broken. Things like walls. 

Well as a newly instated TA that made him the highest ranking person in the area at this time for this particular incident assuming no-one else turned up. Which was as good an excuse as any to go nosing round wherever he pleased. 

With this License to Busybody in mind Alec made his way down to the kitchen on the ground floor where the increasingly loud shouting was coming from. The scene, when he found it, was bizarre: A small circle of younger students standing around one of the big bulk-storage fridges, which had been somewhat thoroughly eviscerated. Its edible entrails were lying strewn all over the tiled floor, with the gaggle of kids arguing around it while trying not to mash it into the floor with the stamping of feet that was happening.

"Alright everyone back away I'm a teacher," Alec said in a brash and confident tone, before adding in a smaller voice "...'s aide." He went back to more normal volumes as he swiftly continued talking before any of the students caught on. "Now whats the problem?"

"Someone's taken our stuff!"

"I had a whole chicken!"

"Why would they do this..."

"Look at the mess they made! Half of its mine!"

"Ruined the leftover cake I had!"

"My favourite bacon! Gone!"

Alec raised his hands to quell the flood of complaints, "Okay, so someone's been taking food that isn't theirs from the fridge and they've not been sneaky about it. Do we have any idea who it was?" That request achieved nothing but another deafening chorus of complaints and enough fingers being pointed to supply several witch trials. "Enough! This is how its going to work. Whoever has the metal arm gets to talk. I've the arm so its my turn to talk."

"Wait, then how do we get a turn?"

"Should have thought of that before deciding whoever had the arm got talk."

"But you decided that!"

"Well thats because it was my turn to talk. Because I had the metal arm. You see, the system works. Now you people have classes to go to. Probably. Maybe. You should be going to those. I'll work on the Flummoxing File of the Fiendish Fridge Filcher. With, like, evidence and science and stuff, a regular CXI."

"Crime Xene Investigation?"

"Hush, I have the arm. No talking for you. So go get educated and leave this to the adult with a lot of free time on his hands."

They grumbled but they steadily dissipated. Alec suspected they were looking for an excuse to leave rather than get more and more heated in an argument going nowhere. At least they were smart enough to realise that then, so there was some hope for the next generation of X-Men. 

Now...how on earth was he supposed to actually figure this out...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: TLAW-001 Vivus

Sighing, Vivus decided to drop the subject for a time when the two androids were not being shot at. After throwing down the stun grenade, Vivus aimed his left arm at the HYDRA soldiers, rapidly firing his energy shots, forgoing his usual habit of charging them. After all, he was not aiming to obliterate them, but rather to simply get them out of the way. 

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Staff IC: 

"There is a defect in her genetics, something that I've been working on is to perfect our cloning techniques so this sort of thing doesn't happen. Aella's blood was what we were using to keep this clone alive...it's not a permanent solution, but it delays the breakdown of her body." 

"Unfortunately we've run out of blood, for obvious reasons." 

IC:

”Are you alright, Mister Rogers?”

The voice sounded in the Avenger’s earpiece, formal, but underscored with an edge of concern. A marvel, that. It wasn’t a real person, it was artificial. It was a construct, made by brilliant, brilliant men. And yet, it was the sole remnant of those men. In fact, it- no, he-  had, over the past few months, become as close to a friend as an AI could be.

”Mister Rogers,” Jarvis persisted, unheard by anyone else. ”Sir, I have registered a spike in your heart rate. Vitals indicate a drastic increase in stress. Are you under duress?”

“Fine.” He said, the sound not really leaving his throat, reverberating just enough for the AI to pick up. Without speaking again, he pushed off of the wall, approaching the center of the room in a few brief, controlled strides. He pulled his hands out of his pockets to gesture at the room’s largest screen, crossing his arms after he did.

“Jarvis, access that monitor, please. Display files. User; James Rogers. Clearance level seven. Display file numbers twenty nine through thirty seven.” On cue, the screen flared to life, flicking through several layers of security and flashing through several screens before settling on a map of the United States, a map of the globe superimposed in the upper right fourth of the display. “This is the information Fury forwarded to me this morning. He prepared the dossier as soon as I informed him that the team was back together, all the information on Hydra’s operations.”

“And yes,” He paused, looking at the others. “All of it. I confirmed it with a few contacts of my own. The old man isn’t playing any games this time.”

“These are all of the places that the Sleepers hit.” A flick of his hands, and several orange dots appeared on the world map, as well as on the national one. James grimaced slightly; He’d known it was bad, but being reminded just how bad was sobering. Another flick of his hands and a small number of large red dots appeared. “These are all of the known Hydra facilities, present and former. That dot in the American midwest is new; we discovered a facility there yesterday. A strike team is hitting it as we speak. Fury believes we’ll have solid intel on their other locations once they return.”

The supersoldier paused, pivoting to regard the team. It was small, smaller than he remembered. This place, this meeting… He could feel the spectres lingering. The faces of those who weren’t present. The ones that he’d last seen in this room, on that couch, over by where those games were now. The games hadn’t been there before, he remembered; that had been where Noel had been standing. Howard had been on that couch, next to where Brando was now.

Past and present, in the same place. Fitting.

“He sent some data on their known capabilities, too. Known experiments, weapons. Suspected numbers. But before we go over that…” The grandson of Captain American was quiet for a very, very long moment, looking out over the new team. For a moment, he allowed himself a hope; that they wouldn’t suffer the same fate. He wouldn’t allow it. “... I want to talk for a moment. Because this is a new team, because this is a room with the baggage of the old.”

“I want to know that everyone here has their head on straight.”

OOC: Other posts to follow soon. Namely; Alex for sure, Rebekah, potentially Tera, and if I’m feeling daring, Alistair.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Jennifer nodded at their leader, "Don't let that ****** move then," she said as she slowly walked past him, gun still trained on him before she slid to a stop in front of the computer. The screen lit up, which reflected off her glasses as she began typing away, looking for a way to access the files.

She looked up when she noticed that the data was already being pulled to an external source. She turned towards the doctor.

"Where is it?" she asked. "We're confiscating that hard-drive, why were you planning to leave Hydra? It seems you are pretty high up." 

Staff IC:

The scientist raised an eyebrow at Jennifer, the hard drive was sticking out like a sore thumb, connected to one of the terminals as previously mentioned. "I believe I already gave my reasons for leaving...it mostly has to do with this becoming more dangerous than profitable for me."

Tokiomi was able to pull some information from the scientist's mind, most of it useless information, however Tokiomi was beginning to get the impression that the scientist desperately wanted to leave the HYDRA base, something wasn't right.

Meanwhile Krystal was at one of the computer terminals, even as the remaining data was copied to the hard drive Krystal searched for relevant information on what HYDRA was planning, where other possible bases might be, anything that SHIELD could use to take them down. That's when she came across it.

"Guys...I think I've found the location of Red Skull himself...these coordinates put him near...the south pole?"

Suddenly the terminal went black, along with all the other computers. They all said the same thing, system compromised. Krystal pulled the external hard drive from the computer, whatever was on it would have to be enough.

"I think we need to leave..."

As if an answer to her question, a sinister chuckle filled the room, the scientist visibly paled. The girl coughed up more blood. A man of blood red skin began to materialize in the center of the room, though it became clear he was merely a projection.

"Well, well...looks like we have yet another traitor..." The scientist gasped in pain, clutching his chest as he collapsed on the floor. "...you know what happens to traitors doctor..."

IC: It was safe to say that the scientist was dead, probably some device in his internals with something nasty in it. Turning to the rest of the team he started issuing orders.

"Portal, now. Second person through brings the clone with them. Move."

Whirling around to face the projection of what was possibly the most hated man on the entire planet, Harken put on his best insolent face and spoke.

"Well, well, well. The big old Skull himself has decided to drop in on us in his own special way. Feeling bored were you?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Red Skull

"I find your attempt at stalling rather pathetic...Agent Harken." The leader of HYDRA grinned with satisfaction. "Yes...I know who you are, SHIELD isn't the only organization which gathers intelligence." 

Red Skull waved a hand dismissively, "I will waste no more time with you, soon you will be dead along with everyone in this lab..." As if on cue the entire room started to quake, shaking violently enough that if one wasn't careful they could lose their balance. "...I'm afraid this facility is no more use to me...it will collapse in moments, leaving you and your friends buried alive...along with what you've learned here..." Red Skull's image began to flicker as the shaking became more violent, it was quite apparent that they needed to get out of there now

"Sam...we really need that portal!" Krystal said as she effortlessly picked up the girl.

IC: That was a complete and utter failure.

The fact that the Red Skull knew his real name was only a mild surprise. The man had just pulled off an attack on the entire world, underestimating him would most likely end in one's death.

In any case they had more pressing matters to attend to.

"We need that portal now or this is going to be the last mission any of us ever go on."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Ooc: I hope no one minds.

Ic:

Sam wasn't really paying attention to harken and the others, and all were more-or-less surprised by what she had done.

While the others were trying to grill the doctor and collect data, she had drawn a ritualistic circle out on the ground, a ten-sided star with various items- some obviously from within the facility, others candles, and what looked to be a hastily-scrawn image of a shield badge. It wasn't until they turned her attention to her that they realized she was standing in the center of the circle, holding a book in one hand, and stretching the other out towards the ceiling. She was almost yelling, although none could tell what she was truly saying. To them, it sounded like she was speaking gibberish.

And in the moment that harken called out to her, her chanting reached a crescendo, and the circle beneath her glowed a sickly green.

The next moment, after their eyes had refocused, the group was now standing on the helicarrier bridge. Or in sam's case, crumpled upon the ground, physically drained by the magical effort.

IC: Not wasting any time Harken started moving. Connecting his comm unit with one of SHIELD's communication satellites he sent a message to the other half of their team and informed them of the situation. Without wasting time on an explanation for the bridge crew as to why a group of dirt and dust covered agents had just dropped in on them, Paladin picked up the clone of Aella as she coughed up more blood and booked it for the medbay as fast as he could. To anyone watching he would simply be a blur as he raced through the halls shouting for anyone in earshot to get out of the way.

Upon reaching his destination without any major accidents or new dents in the halls the SHIELD agent came through the doors at a much slower, but still hurried pace. Several minutes and explanations later he was standing outside the room with his back resting against a nearby wall as the adrenalin rush from the base assault finally wore off. He was still on the clock. Unless the doctors in the other room could come up with a cure soon he still needed the genetic material from Aella. It was something he was loath to ask for. The woman had suffered enough at Hydra's hands  without dragging her in to something new. The world however, was a cruel place. Or at least Hydra;s portion of it and he was left with few options.

With a sigh, the weary agent pushed himself off the wall and headed back towards the bridge. That hard drive still needed to be handed over and Director Fury would have questions that needed answering.

And John Harken had a phone call to make.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Jen had been just about to grab the portable drive when Krystal got it. Even though she was bright blue it seemed she paled a few shades when the projection of Red Skull appeared.

Things went to quickly. The base shaking about to cave in on them. The doctor falling to the floor dying, Sam's portal activating...

After a flash Jen found herself standing on the bridge.

"Is everyone here? Did we all make it??"

OOC:

Laptop is broken so posting on phone why no colors

IC Reyson

At the moment the facility started shaking, Reyson shook his head and cried out in anger before activating the STU, teleporting to stable ground. He had failed yet again, this time due to inaction, and people were now dying because of it. "I need to lay low and come up with something," he muttered to himself while waiting for a further teleport.

This past year, after arriving back in this time frame, it seemed that he had a reverse Midas touch; everything he touched went horribly wrong. He had failed the espionage mission, he had failed base defense; he might as well have just slapped the literal badge of incompetence on his chest and display it with pride. His only real contribution had been to R&D, and the folks over at R&D tended to eventually become brains hooked up to computers. "Thisisbadthisisbadthisisbad..."

IC Tokiomi

Tokiomi took a moment to look at Red Skull's projection. His face was not one of disapproval, as one would expect when one faced down the leader of the enemy of the world. Rather, his head was inquisitively cocked to the side, the expression on his face like a child beholding something fascinating.

And then, he was on the Helicarrier. As everybody else dashed away, he stood still, as if lost in a daze. In a way, he was.

He was there, you know.

Irrelevant. Vincent's multiverse double had no bearing on the mission.

You know I want him dead.

What Vincent wanted is irrelevant. Besides, he is dead, his personality dissolved, absorbed into the collective. You are but a shadow, a ghost, formed from broken pieces.

The mind went silent.

IC:

When they'd found Tali (and Dallas had finally caved, buying her a few t-shirts that had caught her eye; he knew that she didn't care overly about fashion so when Tali saw something, Tali wanted something) and all three of the remaining mutants had regrouped, Dallas checked his phone. Rene's text brought a wan smile to his face. Falling several steps behind the two girls, Dallas aimed his phone's camera and crouched slightly, snapping a picture of Tali in mid-step.

Scratch.

Scribble scribble.

Dal pressed send - thanks to the wonders of cyberspace, Dallas Green had received Rene's devil-bus pic and returned fire with a shot of Tali Relo's derrière, complete with a slightly askew halo.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

After a few drinks, some make up tips, and Fuego desperately trying to convince Lilliana to give her her hair as a wig, the ice mutant managed to crawl into a cab, heading back home.

A bit buzzed and her massacre blotched around her eyes, Lilliana managed to walk back up into the school. The days events had, for the most part, been horrible.... But at least she had some friends now. She hadn't had friends in a long time.

IC: Tasha

"We should." Tasha agreed, sitting down on a recliner with way too many buttons. "I think the first thing we need to do is figure out what cave HYDRA is hiding under so we can kick their ***es." 

IC:

Clearly frustrated at the hands the Terrigen mists may have fallen into, Alaric took a breath and pushed his hair from his eyes out of reflex - forgetting it was already well styled and away from his face. The Black King looked from the Imperator to his associate and then gripped a knee with three fingers.

"I appreciate the heads up."

IC:

"But baby I almoST SCREAMED WHEN I SAW YA DANCIN

I WATCHED HIM SPIN YA ROUND AND ROUND

WHY DID YOU ROLL YOUR DICE

SHOW YOUR CARDS

JILTED LOVERS & BROKEN HEARTS

YOU'RE FLYIN' AWAY BU--"

A loud BZZZT snapped her out of her automotive karaoke. From the passenger seat of her Nissan 370Z, Lacey Marko caught the familiar sound of her phone buzzing on a moment's notice. At the top of the steering wheel, her hands crossed in silent prayer and her eyes found the time 11:23 on the dash. This can't be happening. I was nearly off! Nearly home free!

With a sigh, she underwent the proper protocols for this exact scenario:

Buckle seat belt. 

Try to remember if you left food out for Juggernaut. 

Change iPod mix from Driving Home to Texts from Ric.

The song changed. Say it Ain't So, by Weezer. Fitting.

At the next stoplight, Marko found the courage to reach out and check her phone. 

Ayy. It's me, the text read, as if Lacey would need to distinguish between her zero other friends who opened up a text with Ayy. It's me. Headed into a meeting with Romulus. Gonna bring up Africa + need you to report what we have to SecDef. I'll have them open the Starbucks in the lobby + turn on The Bachelor for you.

By the time Lacey Marko had finished reading her boss' text, another came in.

Tell me if he's cute.

Typical.

The next stoplight was, as was typical of New York, close at hand. With a sigh, she reached it and began looking around for a place to pull a U-turn out of her ######.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

Lynae sighed as she looked at the food she had prepared, now sitting in the oven to stay warm. Luckily she had made it a bit more rare than Ric had liked just because of this.

It bothered her that she didn't know what was going on and she paced anxiously in Ric's dining room. Maybe I should go back to my floor... Ric hasn't even contacted me since he left... She thought unhappily.

IC:

The elevator doors dinged when she stepped out into Alaric Carlisle's kitchen - Lacey froze in lockstep when she saw Lynae look up from the oven, no doubt expecting...oops. The secretary's eyes widened when she saw the flowers, candles and heard the 90s romantic chic music. You could have cut the tension with the knife before Lacey ran her fingers through the bangs of her bob cut and made a motorboat noise with her lips awkwardly.

"Uhhh...thought Ric'd be here. He wanted...briefing...things." Lacey's eyes wandered to the oven. "You made steak? He'll love that. Ric loves steak. Uhh...yeah. I can...go..."

Alaric Carlisle's secretary lifted her boots - boots Ric had bought her for her birthday, she realized awkwardly - to make sure that she hadn't stepped on any rose petals.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

Lynae stared daggers into the secretary's back as she left. Why would Lacey think that Ric was here...? He was in a meeting... The vampire grimaced and tried to shake the negative thoughts out of her head as she continued to sit alone.

IC:

"All-rightyyy. I am a sec-re-tary first and foremost, so uhhm...these top secret super documents are for Ric when he gets here." Trying to find a place on the counter that didn't have many roses, Lacey set down a series of files with a heavy ploomph. "I went ahead and dug them up - everything Romulus' people would let me get my hands on from the Congo, and everything the squints in the science department could dig up on Terrigen mists. Some stuff on Inhumans in here, histories of famous users, potential side effects...he should find it as tedious as I did. He likes to watch cartoons. Bribe him - one episode of The Powerpuff Girls for every manilla folder he goes through. You'll find out how fast his brain really moves soon enough."

"... Thank you, Lacey." The vampire replied with a smile before she rubbed her temples. She knew Lacey was only his secretary...her former thoughts were out of hand. "I appreciate it."

Awkwardly, she drummed her fingers on the top folder and scanned her boss' floor before her face visibly lit up and she pushed her way past the gargantuan bronze Gates of HeII into the room proper.

"Oh! Ric will probably know I had something to do with this, but here." She made her way to the giant print of Jim Morrison and gingerly moved it aside. A safe was nestled underneath and Marko tinkered with the lock for a few seconds before pulling the massive door open and rifling through a series of bottles before pulling out a Chateau d'Yquem, 1990. "This is a vintage in Ric's birth year. Internationally acclaimed. He calls it his 'blood brother' and says they both grew together. He likes a glass whenever he has steak. Good luck. Hope you get lucky tonight."

Awkwardly, Ric's secretary lifted the finger guns and made a *ch-chtk* sound before walking to the elevator and pressing the button to go down to the lobby again.

From behind the elevator door, Lacey could be heard singing again:

Who you been cryin' toooo?
Who you been flyin' toooo?
Whose bed are you sleepin' in?
Someone's been hiding youuu!

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

".... Thank you, Lacey." She called out to the woman before she glanced at the bottle. His birth year.... If I had one from mine it would be... 789 years old... Lynae thought with a smile until another idea popped into her head.

She quickly pulled out her phone and frowned at the date. It couldn't already be... It was just a whole ago, she couldn't be another year older already. Lynae sighed and put her head in her hands.

"Happy birthday, Lynae." She mumbled.

IC (Carmen Sandiego)

Carmen Sandiego had no regrets. There might be flatfoots and bluecoats cursing her name throughout the city and vowing up and down to catch her, but she had no regrets. On the contrary, she considered it an excellent way to spend her first day in the city. Any other person would have laid low for awhile, got the lay of the land. Carmen however, had done her research beforehand. Particularly on the group her new employer was working for. The Hellfire Club, an eclectic would-be Illuminati that would gave any conspiracy theorist worth their salt a high to match the most lovingly crafted drugs in the world. Taken by itself, these facts would only partially explain why she was scaling the walls of the Hellfire Club holding a waterproof cakebox in one hand with the chief of police's hat serving as an oversized ribbion. The fact she was wearing her iconic red trench coat needed no explanation. 

The fact one of the managers of the Illuminati wannabes was, according to some records she'd stolen in England, due for a birthday, did go some ways to explaining it. The master thief allowed herself a slight smirk. This had, all in all, been an absolutely wonderful day. The coming months had even more promise. All the things she could steal-the green goblin's helmet, the mayor's art collection and, of course, if she had the time, Nick Fury's eyepatch. For old time's sake. The thief halted her ascent for a moment, gauging the window to her side. Roses scattered everywhere, some type of romance music she hoped she never had to hear again.....and one blonde-haired vampire. Check and mate. The lock on the windows was expensive, well-designed, more then enough for the typical cat burglar. Which is to say, it gave her some trouble for thirty seconds. With practiced ease, Carmen pulled the window open, pulled herself over the glass construct and swung into the open room.

"Carmen Sandiego. A pleasure. I hope you like raspberry filling."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Carmen Sandiego)

"Precisely." Carmen grabbed the vampires outstretched hand and gave it a hardy shake. "Came across some old records in England. It'd be rude to show up without a party favor don't you think?" The thief carefully set the box and accompanying hat-bow onto a free spot on the table. "Double chocolate chip in case you were wondering. It was Chief Duncan's. Was. I couldn't get the name on the cake changed. Sorry."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC

The vampire stared at the cake before beginning to giggle uncontrollably, a large smile plastered on her lips. After a few minutes she composed herself, almost, and turned to Carmen. "I have to say... This is a lovely birthday gift. Thank you, Ms. Sandiego."

The vampire then motioned to a chair before she looked at the kitchen. "Please sit down. Would you like some tea?"

IC (Carmen Sandiego)

Carmen cocked her head and smiled loosely. "Well, alright then, Ms. Knightley. I'll take you up on that offer." The red-attired thief sauntered into the seat her new host had motioned into. Her meeting with Picker wasn't scheduled to begin for awhile at any rate...and besides, tea. How could she say no?

IC: Abigail

A redheaded blurr stopped dead in her tracks as she sniffed the air, "My cake senses are tingling..." It was coming from the room up ahead, she ran up to it and gave it a knock. 

"Hey! I can sense cake basking in it's radiance from out here! Let me in pleaseeeee or I'll suffer dearly!" 

IC:

Sir, just came across a vampire in the elevator headed to your floor. It would appear that your flat is playing host to the 'Bloodsuckers Without Borders' support group meeting tonight.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME