Marvel, Rebirth:

IC

She paused mid-step when Carmen called her Knightley... She hadn't been called that in a long time. However, before she could say anything, Abigail's cries could be heard from outside the door.

"... Pardon me for a moment." She smiled as she walked over to the door. "Come on in." Lynae said as she opened the door for the younger vampire.

IC

"It's my birthday." Lynae mumbled softly before walking into the kitchen to put the kettle on. Yet, once that was done, she joined her guests back in the dining room.

"So, Ms. Sandiego, as interesting as my birthday is, why are you really here?"

IC (Carmen Sandiego)

"A member of your esteemed organization has hired me on. A certain Mr. Picker. Parkour enthusiast. I did some digging beforehand, just to be safe." She nodded at the cake. "Stumbled across your birthday."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Carmen Sandiego)

Carmen took in the sight before her, eyes lingering on the table and rose petals. Knightley had been alone when she'd entered or seemed to be, but rose petals and mood music could only lead to so many places. Could have been for the birthday, the thief had assumed as much, but that had just been ruled out. "I've eaten already, I'm afraid. Besides..." She gestured at the table. "I think you'll be saving some regardless."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC

"... Oh... He's in a meeting. I wanted to do something special for him... But I'll make sure he texts me before he comes so you all can uh... Leave." The vampire smiled as she pulled out her phone.

Hey honey, text me before you come to your room! Love you!

She smiled as her text before sending it. "Done."

IC: The Mysterious Priest

"I heard it was someone's birthday today!" There was the sound of a penguin that followed shortly after, along with the rattling of a cage. Everyone present immediately turned to see a purple-haired man dressed in strange robes, holding a gnarled staff and a cage with a penguin in it. 

"Why hello!" 

Abigail blinked, "Who the ###### is this..." 

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Carmen)

Carmen eyed the...priest. She was going with priest. Carmen soon regained her customary smirk and tilted her hat at the newcomer. "Carmen Sandiego. Charmed." Also surprised, but she certainly wasn't say that out loud. She had heard talk of a purple-robed figure in Hellfire, but he'd dropped off the face of the planet awhile back. Seems she'd chosen an interesting time to shimmy in through a window.

IC

Lynae happily took the cage, opening it and letting the small bird waddle out. "Hello." She said softly as she bent down to look at it. It lifted it's head and cawed a bit, using it's....wings? Flippers?... Whatchamacallits, to flap a sort of greeting.

"...I'm going to name you Simon." Lynae decided.

IC (Carmen Sandiego)

Carmen tilted her head slightly as she regarded the priest. "They do have a certain flair to them. Though..." She turned her gaze to the newly named Simon. "I imagine there's quite a story behind the bird. The local zoo didn't happen to have a lax watchmen posted?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC Peter

"Dearest Gabriel Peter, I am pleased to invite you to the Hellfire Masquerade Gala. The mask that you find within this box is for you to wear to the gala. It was specifically made for you and must be worn because, well face it, it would be rude not to. The gala will take place at the Hellfire Mansion, the instructions to get there along with an address and date of the gala are all down at the bottom. However, if you have trouble financing for your suit, call me at the number on my card. My associates and I would be honored to have you as our guest.

Till then,

The Black Queen.

PS. M167-169-250"

Peter did a double take.

He had arrived back at the institute afterbusing every measure he knew of (carbon pills, caffeine, water, vomiting, running around the mall, etc) to sober up; even then, he didn't trust his biking skills so he called a cab home. When he had gottenn there, he saw a letter on his desk that looked like it had been originally addressed to someone else. "What is this?" he asked bewildered. His eyes tore through the letter but froze at the postscript. Something about that number seemed familiar, but he couldn't place it...

IC:

In another universe, almost like another lifetime, he had once spent the night in what was left of this basement. In this one, he had to admit that he spent far more time, too much time, in the same. Though in decent repair, he had even refurnished a room to function as his personal space, it wasn't exactly a healthy place to inhabit. Too many ghosts. Being the former base of the now-disbanded X-Men probably had something to do with that.

Perhaps because of all of this, it was something of a surprise to anyone who might have noted the door to the Institute's underground facilities swing open. The teenager who emerged swung it shut after him, mentally securing the security protocols. He'd become a bit protective of the place, all things considered. Lots of memories. Didn't want them disturbed, perhaps.

But he digressed. 

Alexander Smith, for that was of course who the teenager was, straightened his t-shirt and slipped his hands into his pockets, following the short dead end hallway to the main passages of the school. Signals flitted about around him, but he ignored them; none of them had anything important to see, nor did he want to see them. Idly, he pushed his glasses back up the bridge of his nose, glancing left and right to decide where he intended to go. He didn't really feel like looking for people in the Institute (in his experience, they either somehow found him, or they weren't at the Institute in the first place). After a momentary pause, he grinned to himself.

He felt like a burger. That thought in mind, he hummed to himself as he moved towards the garage. His car should still be there, Dallas hadn't had any need to borrow it in quite some time. Well, technically, he never did. 

Nevertheless, he was looking forward to a burger (Five Guys, maybe?), seeing some familiar faces, and his car.

IC:

"..." 

"That really is an annoying noise." The former Weapon observed after a moment's quiet, slowly retracting her hand from the, apparently offensive, garment. She pivoted on the spot to regard Brooklyn, cocking her head slightly in confusion.

"How were you aware of what constituted bad fashion at a young age?"

OOC: Needed to do these two. I've been out of the loop for a bit, so drop me a line if I've missed posts.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: I'm assuming that I can use this character, because it's been like a month since the last time.

IC: Lunar moved from silently through the institute's garage, eyes flicking around for any sort of object left unattended. Any cars with owners foolish enough to leave their doors unlocked would be even better. Of course, Lunar was well under the legal driving age of sixteen, but that didn't really matter when you were already a thief.

IC: (Asa Thurman)

Asa grabbed two waters, one for her and the other for Daken. Setting it down with a smile, she grabbed the seat beside him, popping the cap off the water before digging into the juicy burger. The crispy and warm pretzel bun, the tomato and lettuce, the mustard and ketchup all blended together perfectly. She wiped her face with a napkin, before taking a sip of water. "So what's next for us Daken?" She asked. So far they had dealt with issue that was John. Daken had his team fully assembled it seemed, and yet nothing much was happening. Not that she minded much, just meant she could relax and also spend more time with Daken. It was strange most people wouldn't trust him, most people tell you that you definitely shouldn't, and yet Asa seemed to have complete trust in him. She felt safe, and she felt like this was the right place for her? The Avengers? No, that life was far behind her, she couldn't go back if she wanted and she didn't really want to. As she waited for Daken's response she took another bite of her scrumptious burger.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

"Mmm. This cooked through really well. Thanks for taking over for me, Leah." Daken took a large drink of water and set the plate down, looking into the wagyu instead of directly looking at Asa. "Next for us...well. Nothing major, for people of our...talents. A little bit of shopping, partying, schmoozing rich people. It's important, though. As important as it is easily. Everyone, I'd advise looking around the rec room and looking for a Plus One."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Aella

Tera was still talking with the SHIELD lady, it was starting to get boring, I wanted to do something. I glanced around the room, I still wasn't used to how...strange it looked. the walls and the ceiling weren't as cold and metallic like the lab had been, they were different somehow...plus the room was full of comfy things to sit on like the couch. The floor...the floor felt very strange, it was all soft and fluffy, so weird. 

It was about then I realised I had to use the bathroom. I leaped off the couch and dashed into the hallway, entering the bathroom and slamming the door shut. I came out a few minutes later, looking at the hallway before me with a bit of awe. Mikhail's apartment still felt so strange...different...like I was in a dream. 

I grabbed the strange round metal thing on the door in front of me (doorknob) and turned it, pulling the door open. My eyes widened in horror at what I saw...an endless sea of clothing hanging off the ceiling! I pushed the clothing out of the way only to find a wall right behind it!

"AHHHH! The room disappeared!" I yelled, someone had stolen it. 

IC

"Bang, bang into the room

I know you want it!"

The voice of Jessie J rang out in Lilliana's room as the slightly drunk ice mutant danced about her room. She had her fingers in the shape of a gun and every time the title lyrics came belting out of her speakers, she sent blasts of ice around the room, freezing several objects with every motion.

It was a good time.

IC:

"No, Aella, calm down," The young woman gave Alyssa an apologetic look, rising to follow the aerokinetic, blanket wrapped tightly about her shoulders. Crossing the distance to the hall took a matter of moments, especially since Tera was moving as nimbly as she could to intercept. "It's not gone."

"It's a closet. There never was a room there."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Aella

"What...but...I....oh...." I stuttered, relaxing a bit as Tera assured me no rooms had been stolen. "What's the point of having a closet? I mean...it's just a door with things stuffed behind it..."  Out of curiosity, I squeezed into this closet, getting in between the clothing, then I shut the door. 

"Wow it's dark in here...and cramped."

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

IC:

"That's because it's made for storing clothes and other items. Don't want them out in the open, instead tuck them away where you don't need to see them. It's cramped because it's not meant for storing people."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"..." The martial artist stared at her a moment, before bending down to pick up the displaced articles of clothing with one hand, and returning them to the rack. Thankfully, they hadn't left the hangers; otherwise she'd need two hands, which she did not have to spare.

"You're an odd one."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"... That's a low blow." The martial artist stared at her, eyebrows arching upwards several degrees. "You know very well what happened to my shirt. And I would have a spare, but I gave it to someone so she could get out of her Hydra jumpsuit."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Because it is covered in what's called a 'carpet'. Softer, more comfortable material that covers a hard floor." Tera answered, staring down at her, acutely aware that the SHIELD agent was still in the living room. "Made to be more comfortable for your feet to walk on."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: (Leah)

Leah had rarely spoken with rich folks in more words than 'give me your wallet before I shoot you' and the idea of going to a party full of them gave her a headache. "I want Khalid as my date," she said bluntly, "that way if we run out of things to talk about he can entertain me with his winning sense of humor and excitement."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.