Marvel, Rebirth:

IC

Lilliana yawned and ruffled her hair as she walked out of her room. She was done with her partially drunken party in her room and decided going to get a drink, a nonalcoholic drink, from the teacher's lounge.

OOC: If someone has anyone in the institute, I've literally not have anyone to interact with Lilliana for a while. So please, I'd appreciate it if someone could.

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

IC Peter

"Uh, Ms. Schneider?"

Peter had appeared behind the English teacher with the letter he had received in his hand. "I got this in the mail. It looks like it was originally addressed to some big shot, but somebody put my name on it at the last second." Peter handed her the letter, hoping she could enlighten him on this matter.

"Dearest Gabriel Peter, I am pleased to invite you to the Hellfire Masquerade Gala. The mask that you find within this box is for you to wear to the gala. It was specifically made for you and must be worn because, well face it, it would be rude not to. The gala will take place at the Hellfire Mansion, the instructions to get there along with an address and date of the gala are all down at the bottom. However, if you have trouble financing for your suit, call me at the number on my card. My associates and I would be honored to have you as our guest.

Till then,

The Black Queen.

PS. bring the housemaid prototype

M167-169-250"

"... What is this about?"

IC: Tasha 

Tasha sniffed quietly for a long while, before saying.

"Yeah...I'd like to kill some ###### nazis..." 

IC: Ashley

"Yeeeeeeee!" Ashley chirped, making friends was as easy as baking a cake! She bounced in her chair a little. 

"What are we suppose to talk about? Serious cereal stuff?"

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC

"This... This is a hellfire gala invitation. It says that... Literally on it. I got one as well and that's literally all I know." She said with a sigh. "It's obviously of some importance tho-!"

Suddenly during her conversation, she felt something collide with her legs and looked down to see an adolescent holding an obviously stolen radio.

"Where did you get that?" She asked with an icy glare.

OOC: Huh, that works rather well, actually.

Dynamic Duo, goooo

IC: Jesika

The girl half-walked, half-skipped down the hallway, as if her legs couldn't decide on what to do to get her moving.  A smile was spread across her face, wide enough to be one of pure excitement, but there was just enough mischief in her eyes to suggest something that wasn't so innocent.

And then she suddenly bumped into Lunar's back, not hard, but enough to bring her attention to whatever had stopped her friend walking.

The smile left Jesika's face quickly.  Great.  A teacher.

"We just found it, I swear officer," Jesika said, speaking almost in a whisper.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC

Lilliana's stare seemed to continue to grow icier as she looked at the two little adolescents. "... Put that back now." She growled, the temperature of the air cooling significantly.

IC

"Oh... Yea... Hey." Lilliana said softly from the couch.

"Honk!" Simon chimed in, seeming to be upset Abby didn't pay attention to him.

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

IC:

Jennifer watched the feed as it appeared on the wall. “How interesting… do you think these things are as hard to destroy as Iron Man himself? I guess we’re about to find out.” She felt a bit reassured that she’d grabbed those explosive rounds; she needed something that packed a punch against these things.

“I’m assuming we should shoot them in the middle of the chest; that is where the suits draw their power correct?”

IC:

Nicole had left the hotel behind a few hours ago. She'd changed into a white tank top and short black shorts and tied her hair up with a pink bandanna. She now walked down one of the many corridors within the institute pulling a large pink roller-suit case behind her. She hummed to herself until she saw several people standing in the hallway up ahead: Liliana, Peter, Lunar and Jesika.

"Wow, traffic jamm. What's going on?"

John Harken- SHIELD Helicarrier

IC: "Safe to assume that center mass will do a pretty good job of messing them up." He glanced over at the other SHIELD agent. "Why did you even grab explosive shells? I mean, sure now we know that they are going to come in handy. But something of that caliber is not what a person would normally grab when they know they are going to be fighting in a flying ship."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "So you are aying you have ESP or something? Don't remember that in the file. And no thanks, I have a couple different ammo types and I don't think yours are the right caliber."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Nope, just saying I had a lucky guess." she tucked the shells she'd pulled out a way. "You're probably right, plus I actually have to hit one of these things with one of these shells, I'm more used to pistols then rifles. You okay Harken? You think we can get through this?" Jennifer looked around at the other agents around her. They had done good on the Hydra raid, they'd survived and continued their mission as much as possible.

IC

"Just talking to the girls... Making sure they aren't getting in trouble." Lilliana replied casually, her icy gaze turning on the girls once again for a moment. "No biggie."

IC: Lynae and Simon

"Honk!" The penguin exclaimed happily.

IC: "Just try not to make any more lucky guesses that could end up hitting a fuel line and blowing us all to kingdom come." He paused for a moment as he thought over her question.

"Can't make any promises. These are Hydra Iron Man suits we are up against. We should be okay though, as long as nobody tries to run off and be a hero."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Well I was thinking we'd be on the landing pad or something outside defending the ship, but since it seems we're going to be in close corridors I'm just going to use normal rounds." she smirked.

"We made it through okay earlier, I think we can again."

IC:

"Oh right, you're a teacher aren't you? When do classes start?" she glanced at the girls in question and smiled.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC (Remus)

A revolution is an idea which has found its bayonets.

It was, Remus thought, a good saying. The ancient revolutionary, malcontent and all around thorn in the side of whatever powers happened to be, stood at the edge of the Brotherhood's refugee camp. A small pebble was clasped in her hand, held up to her eyes for closer observation. It was a small thing, of course, relatively powerless on the modern battlefield. Stones, pebbles, pitchforks...all of this had one thing in common. Within the confines of the New Russia, as a statue of a man picking up a stone, struggling to hoist the hunk of earth above his head. On a plaque below the statue, it simply read: 'Stone, noun, weapon of the proletariat.' Laconic and quite correct. When a people rose, it was a rare thing for an army to spring fully formed out of the ground to support them. Often, they only had stones and clubs on their side. Many times it wasn't enough. The countless broken bodies left behind by the Spartans each time they declared war on the helots, their slaves, was testament enough for that.

But sometimes it was enough. People were a dangerous force when roused, no mere victims they, but rather a sleeping army. Remus had a practiced eye when it came to the social climate of the world. The Mutants, she knew, were a handy scapegoat for any number of interests, a way to keep the people distracted and divided. They were easy to demonize thanks to the hard work of the late Quicksilver, who had gone above and beyond the call to ensure the first thing people though when they heard the word 'brotherhood' was a collection of dead reporters and a barely coherent rant about the superiority of mutantkind. The nations of the world claimed over and over again to support freedom and the rights of all, even those that plainly did not support any of these things. The fact that OsCorp was still allowed to operate spoke for itself and, Remus rather thought, spoke to the power of fear. Keep the people and government scared of the other, keep them divided, and one would find corruption and greed much easier to pursue. Freedom, which was preached about by so many, was often the first thing to be forgotten when fear strode onto the stage.

Remus tightened her grip on the tiny pebble. Domink was a good man, all things considered. But he was an idealist. He truly thought fireside chats on reddit, refugee camps and various other feel good projects would win this battle for them. They wouldn't. Quicksilver had been a fool, a raving madman...but he had been right about one thing. Some things did not change unless you forced them too. And the Brotherhood, in the estimation of the ancient wolf-woman, simply did not have the political pull to force a peaceful solution. However, it plainly did not have the weapons needed to wage a violent struggle...or the support for that matter. Quicksilver had, again, ensured that. MACE, on the other hand, had kindly demonstrated what would happen if the Brotherhood gave the United States another excuse.

It was an interesting problem, truth be told. It was also, of course, but a small part in a greater struggle. The battle between those who craved for mastery-Osborn, Redskull and her hated brother and a legion besides, who dreamed themselves fit to rule the peoples of the world and dictate to them, and those who sought to unfetter the world. Domink, herself, Debs and so many others. With a sigh and slight shake of her head, Remus let the pebble drop to the ground.

Well.

They'd have to be some pretty sharp bayonets. 

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: A fire was crackling in ######.

The black-haired girl stared at it, almost in disbelief. "Fire… Fire doesn't burn here."

That blonde woman had stayed around this time, was currently warming her hands by the flames. "It does for me. I still have that much control."

"But you can't escape-"

"No. No. No."

The blonde woman turned away and Tali Relo sighed.

"I won't forget. You and me. Together in five years."

He had been laying next to her, his head resting on her chest. She traced a check on her stomach and he copied her, drawing on the same spot. Sun was shining through the trees over the golf course, only the slightest rays shining on their skin, and she was smiling from ear to ear as they held each other.

Her and Alaric Carlisle.

Together in five years.

Only a few more months, but she couldn't see it happening.

Tali sighed again and fell asleep.

Edited by Tali Relo

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Agent Nagato, finding the signal that is being transmitted to control these things, over New York, is not an easy feat." Maria Hill didn't bother disguising the edge of irritation in her voice, though truthfully, it wasn't directed at the agent himself. He just had the misfortune of being the person trying to talk to her at that moment. "There are literally thousands of signals in the air, and if it were me, and Howard Stark was a brilliant man, I'd be changing the transmission frequency constantly. If we find it, we can talk about jamming. And while the Helicarrier could take an EMP blast, I would really not recommend it. And if these things are built on Stark tech, they'll probably recover from an EMP."

"By all means, keep working on solutions. But those aren't them." The SHIELD commander pivoted in place to get a look at a monitor to her left, noting Persephone's arrival on the bridge. "Hello Agent, welcome to my little corner of helI."

Unsurprisingly, in the air surrounding the massive vessel, the drones had begun taking evasive maneuvers. The guns had been designed to hit such targets, but human sized was still smaller then they'd been intended for. They had already scored some hits, but for the most part, the suits danced about with immunity. Fortunately, their random attack patterns meant something else; they had not done any significant damage to the Helicarrier. Their weapons would have difficulty with its armor even if fired consistently, so such tactics were little more than a distraction.

The Red Skull liked to paint it as helplessness, but his attack had yet to have any success either. The game would change, Hill knew, and they'd be prepared when it did.

"Get the nearest Air Force base on the line," She ordered, crossing her arms as she stared at her tactical displays. "Tell them to scramble fighters to intercept."

It'll take them a while to get here, but that might help break the standoff...

IC:

The moment Howard Stark's face, what was left of it, at least, appeared on the screen, a sequence of events began. A sequence that could not be stalled, could not be stopped, and could not be predicted. Some moments, some sights, cannot be dealt with, cannot be coped with; they tear down every obstacle in their path, opening old wounds and making new ones in the same stroke. From that moment forward, all bets are off. Anything can, and would, happen. In less than one hour, two of these moments had occurred. A long dead signal was reactivated, pointing the way to a missing friend, only to know that he would soon be dead. And another dead friend showed his face, brought back from the endless abyss. But brought back wrong; perverted and twisted until only a husk remains, a nightmare in a familiar face.

Natasha and Brando had both departed the room, the latter to comfort the former, he knew. Siegfried had stormed away, Asgardian fury flowing cold under the surface. Natalie had sought asylum elsewhere, leaving the room empty. Devoid of movement, but not devoid of life; like a statue, the super soldier stood rooted to the ground, eyes fixed on a screen that no longer showed the nightmare that continued to play, over and over, behind them. A mask, shattered and cold, barely covering an alien face. A mockery, a gross parody, of a once great man, an abomination in the guise of one dearly departed. Metal had glinted through, reflecting light even as dead eyes seemed to suck it into the abyss. A hard line where a grin should have been.

"Likelihood of video authenticity is 89%." A voice intoned quietly in his ear, more subdued than any artificial intelligence should have been. "Drones attacking the Helicarrier match characteristics with known armor variants within 12% range of error. Armor silhouette of unknown entity possesses 67% of the characteristics exhibited by the one Mr. Stark wore in his last known engagement."

"I know, Jarvis." The three words were spoken in a tone barely above a whisper, eyes still fixed upon the now-muted television. A news anchor was talking animatedly, a bit fearfully, but he didn't see. He couldn't, not when one fact kept repeating in his head; Howard had deserved better. A life had been ahead; a sister who loved him, friends who cared, and even one who did more than care. James had failed him. He'd failed all of them. He hadn't been fast enough, hadn't been strong enough. He hadn't had a plan; if he had, then maybe they all would have made it. But he hadn't. It was a fact he had lived with for that year, despite the question- Why had he lived? Why James, and not Howard?- that had plagued him. But this... This was twisted. This was wrong on a level that went deeper than any crime, any violent act. It was a violation of all that was good and moral, a violation of the very laws of nature.

And Howard had been forced to suffer through it. Brought back but brought back wrong, back to a perverse undeath. Denied the chance to live on, and now denied the one right assumed to be true for all men and women; denied the right to rest in peace.

All at once, distress turned to rage. This could not be forgiven. A line had been found that never should have been, and it had been crossed. The Red Skull- no, Hydra- was not human. They were not criminals, or terrorists. They were monsters sicker than any before, and if the universe had any justice in it at all, any that would come after. New York had made this conflict personal, for so many. A mission to avenge fallen comrades. Friends. ... Family. With this act, it transcended anger, transcended fury; it was hatred, in the truest sense of the word. Hatred, righteous and true, bubbling up from the very core of his being.

"... Jarvis, do you understand what happened in New York?" James hadn't realized that he had shut the television off; or that, in the process, he had crushed the remote in his fist. "Not just the facts, not the numbers. Do you understand it?"

"I do, sir." Jarvis replied after a moment, sounding almost... Sad. Perhaps it was personification, a desperation to see some kind of empathy. Perhaps Jarvis mourned his death, too. "The Avengers fought a statistically overwhelming force. The attack was a surprise. There was no possible way to anticipate what even the Strategic Homeland Intervention and Logistics Division, in their line of duty, could not. The Avengers, and the Pantheon, fought alongside SHIELD against a threat thought dead. In that process, Noel Rogers and Howard Stark were lost."

A pause, and the AI continued. "Demises that were a statistical likelihood. In all simulations of the event, no outcome has been found based upon available resources that all Avengers survived. All that was within the scope of your abilities, you did. You operated at 104% of expected optimum capabilities."

"And it ###### well wasn't enough." The super soldier growled, casting the remains of the remote across the room to fragment against the far wall. Jarvis was silent, as James Rogers stalked quietly across the room and into the hallway. He knew exactly where Natasha and Brando were; he could hear them, had seen the direction in which they were headed. It was with that knowledge that he avoided them, slipping into what, once upon a time, had been the armory. Past and present mingled and intermixed, memories slipping into the present just as he slipped into his combat uniform. Just as he slipped out of the armory and towards the express elevator.

SHIELD was under attack, and the Red Skull believed himself to be untouchable.

James Rogers would ###### well prove them wrong. For Ares' sake. For Noel's sake. And for Howard.

IC:

"Sake Harada, I believe." The technopath commented idly, almost unconsciously taking in the surface details of her electronics. Even minor details, like the song last played on her iPod, were telling; they helped to paint a picture of a person. He didn't delve any deeper than that, however; to do so was disrespectful. Borderline immoral.

He held out a hand to shake. "I see you're aware of who I and this Californian bum are already."

IC:

As soon as Tera's news app went off, she knew she needed to keep Aella and Trinity away from the TV. And hopefully the windows. If they saw Hydra on the move already, it wouldn't go over well, she just knew it. Fortunately, the television already was off; step one accomplished.

"Hey, Aella, Trin. Maybe we should sit down with GI Jane, get to know her a little." The martial artist shot Alyssa a meaningful looking, hoping she wouldn't blow the cover.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: What was happening in the world outside was already feeding through a small communicator in Alyssa's left ear, but her face displayed none of it, just the tiniest nod at Tera as she sat down, gaze toward the ceiling. "Tera's right. I'm going to be your guardian for a while, you should probably know who I am. I'm happy to answer any questions you want to ask, within reason."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Ehhh, yaknow. It's one of those things I was born with. Like long hair, no boobs, and an encyclopedic knowledge of the Kinks and all their innuendo. Every line." Brooklyn wriggled into a sweater and gave up with her head and arms still buried in the fabric.

"WELL I'M NOT THE WORLD'S MOST MASCULINE MAN, BUT I KNOW WHAT I AM AND I'M GLAD I'M A MAN, AND SOISLOLAAAA~"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "If by anything cool, you mean something like this-"

Alyssa flickered out of existence, reappearing on the other side of the room, disappeared again, and appeared on the sofa. "Then yes, I can. I don't have cookies, unfortunately. Not one of the things they normally pack in my field kit. And yes, I can read."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Aella

"Gah!" Alyssa had vanished before my eyes, reappeared on the other side of the room, only to disappear again before appearing next to us as if she'd never left.

"You have...have..." There was a word for it...I knew it! I just had to think of it. What is that word!? My head started to hurt as I struggled to remember. "...magic!" That was it!

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Ex-actly. I'm rock solid and now you are, too. Chin up and don't do drugs, Card. We'll be out of the woods soon."

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Agent Hill." Persephone nodded towards the SHEILD second-in-command, "I'd say something about having more fire but I'm fairly sure the universe and its sense of spite would make me regret those words."

The android looked at the screens on the bridge denoting each enemy, electronic eyes absorbing information while electronic brain categorised and sorted it. Here she could afford to be cold and calculating. The enemies here weren't human, they were radio-controlled drones. Just so much wiring and glorified clockwork. If they could think for themselves she would have given them more respect, it would make them her 'brothers' of a sort after all. But she might as well be calling Sergeant Bash and Sir Killalot her family for all the resemblance these things had to her.

The patterns seemed random, or were complicated enough to baffle her wired-in wits, but they couldn't be motiveless. They were most likely a decoy, but that was obvious and Hill wouldn't need that pointed out, but Persephone kept being drawn back to the circular formation they'd taken. It was like...a herding pattern. Dolphins used it against shoals of fish, they'd whirl around them to box them into a tight ball then charge right in knowing they couldn't possibly miss. Which meant they could be expecting something to come charging right in any minute now...Might be a long shot, but if the droids were meant to keep the helicarrier pinning in place then the logical step would be to move. 

"Agent Hill, might I suggest we gain altitude?" Persephone said, "I think they may be buying time for something to lock onto us, so staying in one place isn't an option. Neither is landing. So we go higher. That way we break out of their attack patterns and get some extra cloud cover in case they've got sea-level artillery trying to get a fix. Plus it may hinder the drones if they follow; aside from potentially getting out of range of whatever is sending their commands, the thinner air will make it harder for them to fly. Their repulsor jets wont have as much to repulse off, their air brakes won't have as much to brake with. Either their flying will get wilder and they'll lose cohesion and formation making their attacks more inefficient, or they'll be forced to slow down to compensate and lose speed and agility making themselves better targets. Either way, we get the advantage. Of corse, um," a nervous smile creased her otherwise flawless features, "That may be what the attack is trying to force us to do. A risk we may have to take."

7AOYGDJ.jpg