Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

Kane adjusted his snap-back as he thought carefully. “Well at the time I didn’t really know where to go. I was a mutant now on my own with little options it was either them or the X-Men and they didn’t really seem my style, besides my brother, Caden was with the Brotherhood but he’s dead now.” Kane said. He remembered Caden’s sacrifice at Genosha to help get the rest of the refugees out before he was destroyed by the bombing.

“I’ve been with the Brotherhood for over a year now. I fought for Quicksilver, then I fought for Abraham and now I follow Dom.”

IC:

“Put what back?” Nicole asked Lunar.

IC:

Jonathan saw it then; a massive hulking Phalanx, much bigger and brutally beautiful then the others. The giant alien machine was surrounded by elite guards of Phalanx and they were heading in the opposite direction. He knew from his time fighting these things that if he took out the big guy then the rest would all deactivate, the battle would be over; for now.

Then Jonathan heard a scream. His dark hair fluttered as his head snapped to the side. He saw a small three year old boy standing in the street holding a teddy bear as a Phalanx slowly stomped towards him, its arm raising going in for the kill. Wolf’s eyes looked back and forth, he had two choices. Attack the big guy and win, or save the little boy and let his only chance of stopping these things slip away.

Johnathan bolted. He raised his gun and fired three rounds into the Phalanx’s back before his metal claw hand cut through its backside a few instants later, his entire metal arm plunged through the Phalanx’s chest, Electricity crackled over the dying machine as he tore his arm out and kicked it away.

He knew this was just a simulation. This kid wasn’t real, but that didn’t mean he deserved to die. Johnathan pulled the kid into a tight embrace before he turned and quickly began climbing up the nearest building, taking the kid away from the machines and too safety.

IC:

Jennifer dashed after Harken, “You heard him let’s protect our home.”

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC:

"Heyy, good for you, buddy!" The Danger Room simulation flickered around Dallas Green when he entered, long fingers playing with long black hair while he cast the Phalanx casual looks. "And you didn't even chew on the kid's teddy bear. Who's a good boy? Who wants a biscuit? Do you want a biscuit?"

Showstopper sat back against the virtual husk of a ruined building and propped one elbow up on his knee, toying with his bangs, rolling them across his finger.

"So I might have been a bit...premature...in trying to mummify you," Dallas admitted with a shrug. "Nighttime is a passionate time. Blood runs hot, old wounds run deep, and next thing you know we're on the ground together having a good tussle. You know what that's like. You about done here?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

John Harken- SHIELD Helicarrier

IC: Harken had to remind himself not to leave his team behind as they made their way towards the intruders. Occasionally he would make an extra turn or two as the red blips on his PDA moved, but even so it did not take long for them to reach the location of the enemy Iron Man armor.

The door ahead of them opened up to reveal a pair of suits in the midst of turning around to see why the previously sealed doors were now open. Neither the drones nor the SHIELD agents were surprised. Harken had already known the were right ahead and was not even sure that the drones had a surprise subroutine.

Not wasting time Harken let loose with a pair of solid slug slugs from his shotgun before bursting forward and taking cover behind the door frame.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Depends on your definition." Tera replied carefully, holding up her left arm one more time. The smile on her face faltered a little, before becoming a little too stiff to be completely genuine. The martial artist didn't move or speak for a moment, pondering what best to do; apparently she reached a decision, as her index finger began to change. Just the finger, this time, rather than her entire forearm. It lengthened and turned to metal, flattening out as it did. Truthfully, it became a spear, but she did her best to make it look more like a screwdriver.

"I can become quite a few things. There are limits, though."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: With her eyes on the screens Persephone could see the larger targets incoming. Something like those might be able to do some real damage if they attacked the helicarrier, if size was indicative of firepower. And it would be far easier to take them in the air rather than the confines of the carrier.

"Permission to engage the enemy?" she asked Hill, "My attacks would hurt us just as much as them if I used them on board, I think its worth trying to at least slow them down with a dogfight."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"I am maybe struggling a little!" Brooklyn wriggled around underneath the fabric of the sweater, stumbling around drunkenly, before she tripped on a coat rack. Rebekah moved forward to catch her - but her girlfriend's arms slipped through the sweater with the panicked reflexes of an alley cat, and Brook caught herself in a handstand. She put her feet on the mirror behind her and vaulted into a standing position again, brushing off her hands and taking deep breaths.

"I'm good!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Remus)

Remus nodded. "Interesting." In many ways, implications abounded. Remus paused for a moment, lightly sniffing the air. She could still smell ashes in the air, remnants of the Hydra's attack. She suspected it take quite a bit more time to fade away completely. More to the point, Kane had been...rather free with his life story. If Domink knew about it, that was one thing. If he did not...that raised some very pressing questions indeed. "Anything else you wish to discuss?" 

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

When I was back there in seminary school, there was a person there who put forth the proposition that you can petition the Lord with prayer. Petition the Lord with prayer. Petition the Lord with prayer! YOU CANNOT PETITION THE LORD WITH PRAYER!

"Lynae is gonna freak when she hears how many dead rats it takes to successfully fake a sacrifice," Jenna Rosewood said idly to the cabdriver when he pulled up to the enormous mansion - seriously, might as well slap on a few panes of glass and call it a skyscraper, architectural courtesy be ###### - where the New York branch of the Hellfire Club had made its name. Leon grumbled something about this not being the best idea, but he was a soldier, and his sense of the best idea tended to be something smart. Carefully laid out. Something he knew would guarantee a win.

Leon's best ideas made Jenna pout.

When she stepped out of the freezing taxi, she took off her leather duster and slung it over her shoulder (seriously, purposely wearing a duster in the middle of summer in the middle of the city? ###### you, Keanu Reeves, that outfit isn't as easy to pull off as it looks!) and stretched her long, tanned arms out welcomingly at the sight of the massive building.

"This is a bad idea. I said that the whole way over. Before you shoved a sock down my throat I mean."

"Well, buddy, why don't you just let me keep coming up with the plans, and you can go ahead and keep on thinking that was a sock." Jenna grinned and looked over her shoulder at Leon before she walked confidently into the building. Let's see...what did Lynae used to be? White! White something! No...does she like the color white? It makes her look anemic...black! Once you go black, you can never go back! But black just brings out how pale she is...they could use some more flattering colors here...

When Leon stepped in the elevator, Jenna made a gut decision and pressed the queen's crown button under the black half of the panel.

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Leon Kane)

"So. Just to make sure I've got this straight, I nearly got eaten by a horde of feral...I think they were snake people....or skink people. One of the two." Lean waved his hand and dismissed the thought. "And in the middle of delivering the Golden Claw of Uku Pacha to the Chilean government, you bail out of the meeting...with the claw..leaving me to deal with General Sanchez. So you can...visit your sister in New York City." Leon fixed his erstwhile 'mentor in all things vampire' (self proclaimed, notably) with a glare.

"It's her birthday. She's gonna be like eight hundred and I don't think she has a boyfriend so I don't want her to be alone with all her cats."

Leon sighed. Well. It was interesting to see logic die in front of him. He could trace the process of grief then. He thought he was getting close to 'acceptance'. That'd be nice.

"She used to own cats."

"Might still."
Edited by Basilisk
  • Upvote 1

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Staff IC: 

A drone was knocked backwards from the sheer force of the slugs as the second drone raised it's gauntlets and let off a repulsor blast at the door frame, the door was made of pretty sturdy stuff, but Harken could feel the blast vibrate it violently. 

The downed drone was already back on it's feet, the slugs had punched some nice looking dents, but it was otherwise still functioning. Both drones were posed to fire the moment anyone came into their view. 

IC: Aella

"Ooooo show us more!" I asked excitedly, I'd never seen anything as cool as that. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Shooting the drones was not an option. Even if he managed to avoid their blats it was likely that his gun would be hit as it came around the corner. Hand to hand combat was currently out as well. Doing so would place him in the line of fire of the rest of his team.

Indirect fire seemed like the best idea, or at least as close to indirect fire as you could get indoors. Pulling out a fragmentation grenade, Harken held it for a second and then tossed the explosive. The grenade sailed through the doorway at an angle, landing off to one side where the wall and door would protect the SHIELD team from the shrapnel.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Dallas looked down casually and checked his phone at the sound of an impending email alert; he went to brush it off but paused with the tip of one thumb pressed against his touchscreen. His eyes flicked over the message once, then a second time. Slowly, his face lit up in a smile, so white it was nearly translucent. 

"Fantasy football 2014. Oh, man, I forgot the season was starting...season always starts around the new term...okay, here we go. dallasisonfire@gmail.com. Password...not gonna read my password out loud, Alex might think it's weird. Okay, I'm in. What do you think I should draft, Sakuya? You seem like someone who knows her athletic stuff. Quarterback? Wide receiver? I usually draft a real powerhouse wide receiver and build a team around him, but--"

Dallas cut off suddenly; his eyes had gotten an odd, misty look to them. He felt a pang of creeping green. Realization. Loss. A slow, murky fade to blue, and then deeper into indigo. Despair.

"My fantasy league needs to be renewed. E-mail my commissioner about it," he recited, pressing a button. "mattsummersqb1@yahoo.com. Well, . The commish is dead--nope, scratch that. Matt, Shawn, John, Terry...everyone in my league is dead." The chronokinetic's eyes wavered, and his thumb trembled on the touchscreen before he deleted the alert. "Cross your fingers, guys. Let's hope I get the first draft pick."

Indigo. Indigo. Indigo.

The sound of two large paper cups popping against the counter broke Dallas back into the real world. He took one and walked over to the drink machine a few steps away, filling the cup with ice and pressing the Powerade button on the touchscreen. He surveyed his options for a second before he finally pressed grape.

His drink, cold and clear, began to drizzle into the cup, filling it to the brim with indigo.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Rather than risk his life by turning the corner, Harken pulled out a mirror on a telescoping pole out of one of his many pouches. With a snap of the wrist the pole extended and the agent held the mirror by the floor. Moving it slowly and making sure not to miss any spots he scanned the corridor, looking for any signs of the drones.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Dante (Lucia's Store, Talking to Mister Cheeseburger) 

"My cheeseburger," the greasy man repeated once more, it was pitiable really, like a little kid who had lost his balloon. Dante wasn't entirely sure how to respond, to make matters worse Alistair had abandoned him to deal with the mess. That brit never did seem to be around when Dante needed assistance, always off doing his own thing. A little annoying truth be told. 

But that was not the pressing concern, the greaseman was. "You," he pointed, his stub of a finger indistinguishable from a thumb, "Give me back cheeseburger." 

That wasn't good, Dante lacked any semblance of cash at the moment. He was, in a word, broke. "Uh sorry buddy, but it seems your cheeseburger is no longer an option." 

"Pay for new one." 

"Uh, well..."

"Pay."

Dante sighed, how to resolve this, he wondered. "Look buddy, that was your what, second, third cheeseburger?" 

"Seventh."

Seriously? "Wow, that was a close one," Dante began, satisfied by the look of confusion creeping across the man's face, "You know the seventh burger is dangerous. Consider it a sign that it was knocked to the ground, someone's looking out for you." I wish someone was looking out for me. 

"Dangerous?" The man asked in confusion, much to Dante's relief. He had this guy hooked, now to just reel in.

"Yeah, don't tell me you didn't know. The seventh burger is a mystical force. You know that, um, beautiful body of yours? I bet ladies throw themselves all over you for it. However when you eat the seventh burger, it, well, is ruined. Forever. That's right, it's gone, and you don't want that do you?" 

"No. My face stay handsome." Cheeseburger replied. 

"That's right," Dante grinned, "It can stay handsome, but that burger will ruin it. Do yourself a favor a big guy and go get a salad, it'll save you from the seventh burger." 

"Salad save me? Must get salad." The man slurred in response. Then, before Dante had a chance to react, the large man swept the italian into his arms. Embracing the traveling magic user into a bear hug, as he lifted him off the ground. "Thank you friend. You save me, I am very grateful. Now I will get the salad." 

Dropping Dante to the ground, Mister Cheeseburger sauntered off once more, on his epic quest for salad. Dante on the other hand, slowly trudged his way to the counter, and leant against it. Equal parts exhausted and disgusted by the encounter. "Hey brit boy, stop dumping the weird ones on me." I hate my luck. 

Edited by Hubert

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC (Lucia)

"Quite awhile. I headed for it after I...." She coughed in her hand for a moment. "Took my leave. And why would people think I was a Los Vegas..sorcerer? I do not have a white tiger nor do I dress in sparkly leotards." Lucia turned to regard the newcomer and, almost as quickly, recognized him. "Dante? You're here as well?" The coincidences seemed to be piling up. Lucia took a moment to gather her thoughts. "It is wonderful to see you both again."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: An ordinary person would of needed to come up with something else at that point. Harken had a gift that other lacked though. All the information from that split second when the repulsor blast hit the mirror raced through his mind. Everything from the tug on his hand to the bending and shattering of the mirror was taken apart, analyzed and then spat back out at his conscious mind to let him know exactly what direction the blast had come from.

Pulling out a second grenade from his vest, Harken glanced over a Tokiomi and started using hand signals.

Two grenades. On three.

One

Two

Three

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: Game of Thrones spoilers.

IC (Saphine Mark)

The soldier, turned MACE commando, turned vampire mercenary, had retired to the Hellfire lounge. Sure, she didn't technically need to eat lunch anymore...but she chose to believe the lunch-break still applied. She needed her game of thrones fix. Sure, she wasn't technically *supposed* to use the digital processor in her helmet to stream HBO. But she wasn't technically *supposed* to use it download Rolling Stones songs. And she'd been doing that since she got it. Besides-what could Khan do? Fire her? That'd work out well. She'd get her helmet back and lose a bodyguard. Uncle Bankaccount and Momma Credit Union would take good care of their little Saphine if Khan decided to get petty. 

"You could at least turn the volume down." Somehow, an insistent voice made itself known over the delightful sound of Joffery choking to death on justice-juice. 

"Sorry. King of the Jerk-donkeys is choking to death. Can't do." 

The voice paused for a moment. Then returned, somewhat louder. "I sign your paychecks."

Saphine cut the display in half and spared one eye to glance at a stiff-faced Borte Khan, seated across from her, eyebrow raised. "Heeeeeeey Boss-lady. Just on break. You know. Valued employee and all that."

Borte Khan's face didn't move an inch. "Quite. You're a season behind it seems." A small smirk made an apperance. "You know who poisoned him? Well, that necklace-"

"You ruin this for me and I'll send your email address to the socialist party."

"I really wouldn't have suspected h-"

"Fine! You win." Saphine paused the death throes of the vicious idiot king and directed her full attention to the Mongolian mogul. "What is it then, o'mighty boss?"

"I'm glad you asked. You see, I've been reviewing our security and I have a few concerns..related to the massive drone attack on a certain Helicarrier...let's go to my office shall we?"

Huh.

She needed to check the news more.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

Near where Alistair, Lucia, and Dante had all gathered sat a rather innocent, unassuming little fox. He had been watching what was happening with the little gathering rather closely, and now he sauntered up to the group, jumping up on the table so that he wouldn't be stepped on by the majority of tall, clumsy humans present. With a small amount of interest he peered around at the items that Lucia had in her little space, before rolling his fox eyes and sitting down.

Nobody ever

Invites me to reunions

I feel unwanted.

• Upvote 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: A figure glanced up at the sun, brown eyes squinting as he kept walking toward the massive building of glass and wood that the Hellfire club called home. His gaze fell downward, to an important looking woman and a set of bodyguards walking toward an armored limousine, noting a metallic arm. Exactly like they said.

At least this solved security issues.

The ancient vampire walked toward Borte, left hand at his side and right hand outstretched. "Borte Khan, I presume?"

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Jonathan turned around when he heard a familiar voice. His cyan eyes looked up to see none other than Showstopper not far away. “I don’t know about a biscuit, but I could sure go for a Scoobie-snack or maybe a nice cold beer.” he looked down at the boy who was now hiding behind him before looking back at Dallas.

“I do know what it’s like and I forgive you. I just hope you can forgive me and let the past be the past. I’m better now Cali, and… I missed you man.” He admitted.

“Yeah I’m about done here, that is unless you want to jump in with me and smash up some tin-cans like old times?” he suddenly caught a familiar scent.

“Hey Kristen,” Jonathan said though he was unable to see her.

IC:

“What exactly is that?” Nicole blinked as she looked at the ruined device.

IC:

“I feel like this conversation’s been a bit one sided, what’s it like being a thousand year old who can turn into a wolf? And more interestingly to me why are you following Dom? Are you even exactly a mutant or something supernatural?” he asked.

IC:

Jennifer remained pressed against a wall with her rifle poised up in the air and a grenade in her other hand.

“This doesn’t bode well… these things seem to have pretty strong armor.” She said, when she saw Harken and Tokiomi toss grenades at the same time she turned and unleashed one into the corridor as well, making sure to stay behind cover.

IC:

Terrance stood on a building as he looked up at the sky. What he saw was amazing but sent fear into his heart. He saw the SHIELD Hellicarrier under siege bye thousands of Iron-man looking drones. Terrance remained still as he thought critically. He had to get up there somehow, he had to help them. He leapt off the building before landing in an alleyway and dashing away. He had to get to the airport.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC (Lucia)

Lucia vaguely remembered the....shapeshifter from her time in Alistair's home. Rather fond of some sort of eastern poetry. Very big on restricted usage of words. Admittedly, she had trouble seeing the point. Well. The more the merrier. Even if by some weird fluke of fate, she was the only person to realize the sheer joy of seeing a man made device make the sky it's own, she'd have the fox to fall back on. Surely a creature like that could see the sheer...what had that word been? Ah. Yes. Awesome of such a device. This day was just turning right around. It did the heart good to see so many old faces. "You are welcome here.....ah....I'm sorry. I never got your name."

IC (Borte Khan, Saphine)

The alchemist-executive raised an eyebrow and, shortly thereafter, her hand. "A pleasure." It was not often someone approached her on the streets, and spoke to her by name. Her bodyguards had, quite rightly, put their hands on their weapons, just in case this encounter turned quite ugly. Saphine, of course, was muttering something about how 'the boss got all the pretty stalkers'. Lovely. Really. "And who, if I may ask, are you?"

IC (Remus)

"Fair enough." Remus crossed her arms in front of her as the questions poured forth. It would be a distraction, at the very least. "I will answer these in order. I lost count at three thousand. Though I do, notably, remember a time when the saber-toothed cats called this planet home. But that doesn't answer your question does it?" Remus allowed herself a small smirk. "The smells have gotten worse over the years." As for Domink...well, that question was fairly simple. "It makes good sense. The world has been hurled into chaos these last few years. Mutants are at the center of it. So I sought out that center." Any revolutionary worth their salt knew what to do with a high publicity organization like the Brotherhood. "As for your last question, depends on how you define mutant, truly."

Edited by Basilisk

Staff IC: 

The drones naturally flew backwards to avoid the incoming grenades as they were tossed in and went off. The shrapnel from the explosions didn't seem to be very effective against the armor...however a shard managed to penetrate the arc reactor of one drone. It sparked and sizzled dramatically before exploding. 

The other drone however was still quite active and had an abrupt change in tactics when it's fellow drone was destroyed. It flew out into the corridor at a blazing superhuman speed and swung a mighty, metallic kick toward Jennifer. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Morrison sighed, as a fox, before jumping from the table and shifting to his nine-tailed form, the one that was capable of human speech (alongside his human form, but he didn't prefer that one). "My name is Morrison," he said, looking around the room again. "Nice place you have here, although I'm not sure I like all the pseudo-magical accoutrements."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

Kane let out a low whistle. Three thousand? "That's quite a long time to be alive, I could never imagine living that long." he said, though it didn't sound that bad. "I'm sure they have, you've watched mankind literally evolve and I suppose that makes sense." he said. what really did make someone a mutant? Was it just the apperance of the X-Gene which gave them their abilities or something else entirey.

"You're close enough to one that it doesn't really matter either way. I've seen the way humanity reacts to humans, I've seen their fear. I know that's why Weapon-X existed. I'll let you know something Remus, I'm with the Brotherhood because my personal mission is to make sure something like that never, ever exists again."

IC:

Jennifer hadn't expected one of the drones to hurtle their way, though it sounded like they'd gotten one with their grenades. The drone was quick, but thankfully Jennifer was fast and had good reflexes, she ducked low as the drone's leg dented the wall where she'd just been standing. She threw herself and rolled across the floor before getting to her feet and shooting at the back of the drone's head.

"Let's take this thing down!"

IC: James smiled slightly, grasping her hand and shaking it. He held his hands up afterward, making it absolutely clear that he wasn't holding a weapon. "James Foxglove, and it's a pleasure to meet you. I believe that we share some old, mountain dwelling friends."

"I needed a Hellfire related favor, and they directed me to you."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Harken turned to follow the drone as it flew in to the room. He let of another shot as it kicked towards Jennifer, only to have the round slam in to the wall a couple inches off target. Not letting up, the mutant let loose another pair of solid slugs at the shoulder joints of the drone, speeding his movements with bursts of kinetic energy.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Lynae and Simon

With a honk, the penguin jumped off the bed and began waddling down the hall.

"...where are you going?" She frowned as she followed the bird out into the hall, toward the elavaor.

ding!

"... I'm not expecting anyone... Maybe Ric is done with his meeting!" She said hopefully to herself.

IC:

"LAAAAAAAAY-LA, YOU'VE GOT ME ON MY KNEEEES~" Jenna belted from the elevator. "I love that song, kid. It was written for everyone who had ever hooked up with George Harrison's wife. I never joined the club, but I know a guy who knows a guy. He gave me karaoke privileges. Remind me to tell you the story sometime." Leon stifled a groan, but the fact that he didn't voice his distress was more due to the sudden jolt! when the elevator arrived at Lynae's floor and the doors opened with a hydraulic hiss. The younger Rosewood cautiously stuck her head out of the elevator and looked around to make sure the coast is clear.

"Follow me quietly," she instructed. "Don't make any sudden movements. I know how excitable you get."

"I get--!?" Leon spluttered indignantly, and Jenna cursed at him when a blonde woman, tall, forlorn, and clad in black from head to toe, paced through the hallway. Jenna saw her eyes widen.

"I oughta put the sock back in your mouth for ruining the surprise," she grouched, before turning back to Lynae and holding her arms up. She gave her shoulders a little shake and then looked Lynae up and down again - Jenna was wearing black tight jeans, an old pair of Chuck Taylors [autographed by Morrissey! And she hardly had to hypnotize him!] and a black t-shirt with Ryan Gosling's face custom printed on the front; if there was ever a place for her to be underdressed, it was here - and then raised her arms in a T-shape.

"Ayy!"

IC:

"Kitchen," said the Russian. "Go past the prep area and into the teacher's only zone. They're on a tray on the oven. Can't miss 'em." For the first time, Aleksandr turned to look at her.

"Have we met?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I'd wash your mouth out if it wasn't your birthday." Jenna snapped her fingers in admonition and laced them around the back of her neck with an awkward grin. "Ayy. I tried to get you a cake, but the lady at the bakery wouldn't believe me when I said my big sister was really 790. I settled for some cupcakes that spelled 'Happy birthday, Lynae, you're old as dog dirt.'"

Her eyes found the penguin, and she briefly wondered how Lynae had tamed it. Did they have a zoo here? I want a sloth.

"How it be, doe?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"What'd you think I was dead for? I sent a letter and everything."

"This isn't the notebook, Jenna! There was no letter."

"Woman, don't tell me I didn't send a letter. I went through, like, ninety drafts of it. I remember it clearly - 'Hey, Lynae, it's Jenna. I just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark and Harrison Ford is the greatest hunk of human male I've seen in a hundred years. I'm going to go raid some temples and see if I can bump into him and make him my bride.' I gave it to the postman and everything."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME