Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

Dallas drank his Powerade without a straw or lid, sipping from the rim of the cup casually. The loud snap of Alex's cover hitting cup had nearly pushed him past a breaking point, and then there were four, then there were four, then--

"Really?" Dallas snapped, turning his upper body around to stare at Alex. "You're gonna be that callous? One of us is dead, man - yeah, he might have been the S Dappy Doo of the X-Men, but he was an X-Man! He was our friend once. Is right about now really the time to channel your inner Agatha Christie?" The chronokinetic sighed impatiently and closed his eyes tightly to avoid seeing red.

"Sorry, bro. I'm...you know I didn't...sorry. Bro."

IC:

Jenna looked at Leon and signaled for the commando to let her handle this one. When she turned back to Abigail and leaned against the wall, her grin was sharp and disarmingly cheerful. "Yeah, I used to roll with the Rosewood coven. I was his daughter. Spend much time in London?"

IC:

"I can agree to that bet."

IC:

Dallas ran a hand through his hair and leaned back against the simulated building, looping an arm around Tali's waist when she sidled up to meet him and stood in front of him. The movement was casual, but her meaning clear: she still didn't trust him around John. Showstopper rolled his eyes and hooked his other arm around Tali's neck.

"So, Card here had a couple questions for you, but I gotta get mine in first." Dallas cast his hair out of his eyes and put his head on Tali's shoulder, tilting to look at John more effectively. "So...what's the deal with the whole werewolf thing? Wanting to bite me, letting our inner animals loose, being packmates for life...gotta tell you, John, that stuff sounds puh-retty gay. Do you desire me sexually? Is that it? I mean, if you do, that's cool. Remember Summers? Ol' Matty Ice was a walking glitterbomb, none of us cared. This place may be a Danger Room...but it doesn't have to be a danger room, John."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Leon)

Seeing what appeared to be a teenager....tackle-hug? Jenna had not been what Leon had been expecting, to say the least. At first, he'd mistaken the movement for an attack and made to pull the vampire off. He honestly didn't know why he was surprised at this point. It had to be some sort of genetics thing. Maybe the entire....coven....that was word, yes, had some sort of mutation that made them think reality and rationality were things that happened to other people. The three examples he'd seen so far certainly did alot  to further that thesis. When he'd asked Jenna about the Coven system before, she'd just muttered something about how 'anchorites don't really need to deal with that bull-' and then demanded he start learning the languages of ancient China for 'reasons'. This didn't do alot to explain the situation, but one made due with what one had.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

“Sup Tali,” Johnathan smiled at her. Remembering how she’d saved him from his (at one time) best friend not too long ago. “No nothing like that, though I’m not saying you’re not an attractive dude. Being a werewolf was weird… it was like I couldn’t think straight at all. I thought the only way we’d still be able to be best bros was if I turned you too, I thought it would make you stronger or something, but as I said I had the mentality of a mutt at the time.” He ran his metal hand through his own dark black hair, his finger touching the strand Dallas had turned white during their earlier encounter.

“And please call me Jonathan now; I’m trying to distance myself from the other me. Especially after I head what he did to Card. I know why Card’s angry, and she has every right. But she has to know that it wasn't me who did that. I'd never hurt any of you, unless of course I'm driven insane by being turned back into a mutt, but that's seriously never going to happen. In fact I’d even help you guys hunt him down or something if you want. No one hurts one of the Ultimates, even if it is me from this happy-do-good universe.” He grunted. “I saved his life a year ago, and I seriously wish I hadn’t.”

IC:

"Oh well that sounds dumb," Nicole shrugged. "Getting in trouble is exciting sometimes." she said before flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder.

IC:

Christine continued her assualt on the punching bag. As she continued to batter its surface with her fists she suddenly imagined the punching bag as Matt Summer's face. "Why did you have to be a ****ing hero!" she shouted as her fist smashed into the bag harder then before. Something snapped and she looked up to see the metal ring holding the bag in place had severed, the punching bag flew through the air before hitting the ground hard. Christine stood there breathing hard, her fist shaking.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC (Remus)

"I see. So far, we've discussed the world in broad, sweeping terms. Useful in theory." Remus tilted her head slightly, her gaze hard and keen. "I suspect you want to discuss something else. Battle, perhaps? Shall I tell you of the Vietcong? Perhaps the Helots of Sparta?" Remus turned away from Kane and gestured at the skyline of the city. "Humankind reaches higher and higher, until their edifices appear to scrap the very sky itself. And it has made equal strides in the fields of weaponry and death." She turned to face Kane. "The battlefield was never a place where life was certain. No matter how well planned the charge or well-made the bow. Now, an explosive could wipe out this entire camp and we would be helpless against it. I will do what I can to help you, but if life is your chief concern, I would suggest a different line of work."

She had spent lives to further her cause-not needlessly, never needlessly, but she had done so before and would not hesitate to do so again. By the same token, she was perfectly willing to trade her own life to advance her cause. What was one life against billions? "My first advice is simple. Be willing to spend your life to advance your cause, but be aware you must spend it wisely."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

John Harken- SHIELD Helicarrier

IC: #### #### #### WHY DO THEY ALWAYS EXPLODE?

Harken's mind was in overdrive as the drone exploded in front of him. He could feel shrapnel impacting the bullet proof vest he was wearing as his arms blurred up to protect his face. The blast tossed him back into the nearby wall. It would have shattered most of his bones if the mutant had not used the split second he had to dump as much kinetic energy as he could in to the easiest place available, the capsule strapped to his back. The disk inside burst in to motion, spinning like mad in its small pocket of vacuum.

With a cry Harken slammed in to the wall, the capsule getting caught between the metal and the agent's body. An extra jolt of pain ran up his spine as he fell to the ground and lay there.

Alright, damage check....pain. Lots and lots of pain.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: (Sakuya)

"Umm, I'm not exactly sure what is going on. What are you two talking about?" Sakuya asked, extremely confused. Heck she was tempted to leave Five Guys now, given all the strangeness, she felt awkward. Like she intruded on something that she wasn't. I mean it seemed like they were talking about someone, perhaps a friend who died recently. Heck, Dallas' behavior had gotten really odd when he talked about his fantasy football team, and started staring at his phone. She felt both sad and frustrated, she barely knew the two of them. She couldn't speak to them like any normal friend could lean on, like any good friend could lean. People avoided Sakuya, rumors spread around and people thought she was a lot more violent than she actually was. She was out of place, this whole situation was a mess, given the stares that some people were starting to give. "You know what guys, it's still rather warm out, how about we grab a seat out there?" She grabbed the hand of each guy. If they wanted to scream, yell, cry. They deserved privacy, not the awkward stares of the patrons, away from their silent judgment.

IC: (Asa)

Asa nodded, and left Daken. She didn't want to leave, but she didn't say that. Daken had something he wanted to do, something he had planned. Tomorrow she would be happy, but tonight she would be miserable. It didn't matter that Daken was a room over. It didn't matter that her room looked absolutely perfect and had everything Daken believe she could ever want. When she sat on the bed, it was cold vacant for more than a week. The sheets felt foreign, cold, impersonal, not mussed up by constant activity. Not warm. She was alone, and she shivered despite the room's default was a perfect sixty-seven degrees Fahrenheit. She climbed into the bed, resting her head against the pillow and stared at the wall for the next two hours. The rest of the night she shifted and moved, as if she was grasping for some, the sheets and blanket wrapped around her, Asa moving about in her sleep, unable to find peace, unable to find comfort.

She wouldn't find any till the sun rose the following morning.

Edited by Hanako Herupa

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

Jennifer was thrown back into one of the walls hard when the drone exploded, a piece of shrapnel now embedded in her shoulder. She pulled herself to her feet, grinding her teeth from the pain. She immediatly rushed over to Darken, strands of long dark brown hair trailing down from her head as she bent towards him, her glasses now noticably cracked in one spot from the blast.

"Are you okay boss?"

IC:

"Why you got to be so rude," Nicole said even though she hated that song. "Blondes can be smart too." she smiled now. "Maybe you just need to learn how to have fun that doesn't involve stealing car radios."

IC:

"Would love to hear about your tales of war," kane grinned. "I've always been a bit interested in history. Must be pretty amazing to see us evolve this far." he glanced up at the sky as she spoke, looking up at the skyscrapers mankind had built.

"As for the battle thing, battle's all I've ever really know." Kane admitted. "I didn't have much of a childhood. But I think that's some of the best advice I've ever heard. I am ready to die and live for my cause, and I'll do my best do do that wisely."

Ic:

"So... You're into Dallas? It's okay if you are. I mean, I'm only into girls. It's perfectly find if you're only interested in guys like Dallas," Kristen interjected, looking up from her prosthetic, "if you have any questions or anything, the school does have a psychologist for once. I'm sure she could help."

IC: A groan escaped Harken's lips as he sat up. His tactical vest was shredded with pieces of drone armor sticking out here and there. His sleeves were gone, blown away by the blast. The arms underneath had several burn marks: mostly on the forearms, having tried to use them to protect his face. The worst part however, was his hand. It had been right next to the Arc Core went it exploded. As a result the entire hand was black....or at least what was left of it. Half the fingers were missing and a several inches long piece of shrapnel had impaled itself through the palm.

Harken gave himself a once over before talking.

"I seem to be in shock."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

“And Card speaks,” Jonathan grinned to himself. “I don’t think I’m going to say either way because if I do I think that would be ruining the fun. Really I was just giving him a compliment where one is deserved. I prefer the ladies too though my last lady turned into a vampire and I haven’t seen her sense.” He shrugged.

“I spent most my time contemplating my mistakes and training, but I’ll keep the psychiatrist in mind I’m sure I could use a little therapy even if it’s about other stuff.”

IC:

“That doesn’t look good,” Jennifer groaned as she looked down at Harken’s hand. “Can you walk, and can you shoot with your other hand? We need to get you to the medical bay as quickly as we can but we might run into resistance on our way.” She said as she reloaded her rifle and then glanced down the hallway both ways to see if any more drones were on their way.

IC: "I'll manage until we get there. I'm going to need to shoot one handed though."

Pushing himself up, Harken turned on his radio and broadcasted.

"Two drones down in corridor E2. Injuries sustained and we are heading for the medbay. Be advised, the blue circle on the chest are major weak points. If at range I suggest aiming for them. Otherwise avoid it, they explode when the Arc Reactor is breached."

Pulling his sidearm out of its holster on the side of his leg, the agent started making his way towards the nearest medbay.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

The door swung open as soon as soon as Nate knocked, and Daken Akihiro leaned in the doorway, tempter's charm and designer labels covering him head to toe. He had gotten dressed, which was a surprise for the normally immodest Dark Avenger: a long, tight shirt, black and sheer, with sleeves pushed (not rolled) to his biceps and two buttons casually undone, designer black jeans and shoes that looked more expensive than anything the elevator guards had to their name. Smoky eyes roved up Nate once and then down once before he stretched out his arms lazily and waved a hand towards one of the couches. Nate's eyes followed Daken's hand and saw a snack platter (four different kinds of chips, with two dips sharing symmetrical slits in the center), pretzels, and several two liters of soda. 

"It's boy's night!" Daken explained, clearly pleased with himself, and waved his hand two more times for emphasis.

Nate cautiously followed Akihiro over to the couch, and stood when Daken fell back into the well-worn leather with a contented sigh, feet crossed at the ankle and left elbow propped up into the air on the armrest. It looked like he hadn't noticed the marksman's wariness for a few seconds until Wolverine looked over and sighed again.

"You can sit down, you know, love. I'm not gonna tear your clothes off at first sight," Daken assured him, patting the couch. "It's not even 11 yet. I'm not a floozie."

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I really hope you didn't come down here just to interrogate me on my sexual oreintation and if I'm in love with Dallas or not." Jonathan cocked his head. "I think you might like it if I did, and that's just a bit wierd Card." Wolf chuckled a bit, clearly joking before he crossed his arms, flesh over metal.

IC:

Jennifer started down the hall with Harken her rifle raised. "I'll cover you." she nodded. At least they knew these things could die.

IC: Ashley

"Yeeeeeeee!" Ashley chirped, making friends was as easy as baking a cake! She bounced in her chair a little. 

"What are we suppose to talk about? Serious cereal stuff?"

IC

"We can talk about whatever you like. How's school going?"

IC

The one bonus to rolling with Daken: her room had a  of a view.

Angela Dean leaned on her balcony's railing, a few inches of metal and glass all that separated her from a long, long fall. John had taken that fall, and she didn't fancy following in his footsteps. The flight was fun, but the landing was... nasty. The precog shivered, and pulled her jean jacket tighter around her skinny shoulders.

She breathed in deep, sucking the morning air through half an inch of tobacco and various chemicals that every poster in every bus she'd ever ridden in promised would turn her lungs black. She'd never been one for following rules, not for a long time, but this was less about rebellion and more about personal gratification. She smoked because she liked the taste; she liked how the cigarette felt in her fingers; and she enjoyed the disgusted looks people gave as they passed.

Simple pleasures.

One last drag; she flicked the butt over the balcony and watched with bored amusement as the wind tossed it around on its way down. She savoured the last mouthful of smoke, then blew it out through gently pursed lips.

She hoped today would be a good day.

IC:

"We didn't. Promise." Dallas' arm locked a little more around Tali's neck and he wrapped his other hand lazily around her waist. "Card came down here to interrogate you on the best way to kill a John Howlett."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

The technopath's expression set itself into a grim guise, mouth a hard, stoic line just a few degrees short of a frown, as Dallas let loose his tirade. It didn't change throughout, and there was no outside sign of his thoughts; the Californian's only clue was what his empathy could tell him, and even that was muddled. A flash of red, tempered by an almost palpably icy blue, settling into a deep, masked crimson; a combination of colors difficult to understand. 

Even once Dallas finished speaking, Alex was silent. It was almost possible to see the responses that were struck down before they reached his tongue, the gears turning in his head, until finally...

"Yeah. I know." He glanced at Sakuya. "You're right. Let's go outside."

IC:

"Ah, alright..." Tera wasn't particularly pleased by the idea of demonstrating her abilities further; it felt too uncomfortable. But, if it's what was going to keep them occupied... With a thought, her fingers became fluid, twirling together in a grand (and intentionally flashy) manner, slowly merging and lengthening, turning metallic as her audience watched. The effect spread downwards to her wrist, the metal slowly bending and flattening until it became a recognizable shape.

From the wrist down, her hand had become a hook. "Well, for one thing, there's that."

IC:

"Good, now I just need to learn how to control the weather."

OOC: SHIELD post to come later; hopefully tonight, but it might be tomorrow. I have school work to do, and I've been busy today.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ashley

"Oh school is going great! Yesterday in math class I folded about 2,000 pieces of paper into origami jumping frogs! Some how I lost my homework but the teacher seemed to understand! Then in English I blew a bubble so big that it got all over everyone when it exploded...and at Chemistry lab I managed to make all the plants turn rainbow colored!" Ashley sounded particularly proud of that last one. 

"Waittt a sec...were there classes today? I forgot."

IC: Aella

I squeed excitedly. "That. Is. AWESOME! I'm hooked." 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"..." Tera gave Aella a look that quite clearly indicated she would have face-palmed, had her hand been in its normal shape, before rolling her eyes in amusement. After a moment's thought, the hook began to shift once again, this time accompanied by her opposite hand as well. The left stretched and flattened into a shield, while her right, from the elbow down, became a medieval sword.

Leaving them that way only a moment, they shifted again, her right hand becoming a policeman's baton, and her left almost normal... If her fingertips hadn't ended in spear tips.

"There's plenty I can do, just making whatever pops into my head. Any requests? Any questions?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"..."

No, she wanted to say, but it would be a lie. No matter how much Tera disliked the truth, she wouldn't lie. Her left hand returned to normal, while her right began changing once more.

When it was done, where her wrist ended a revolver cylinder began, leading to a matching, connected barrel. "Yeah, I can."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Dallas looked up at Alex for a couple seconds and then stood up after Sakuya as well, pushing in his chair with the back of his left leg with a low "Yeah" and walking out the door with bag in hand. When he walked outside, the wind rustled his hair and the top of the bag, blowing the smell of french fries into his nose, but he hardly even noticed it. His phone had buzzed in his pocket; the sky was slightly overcast; he and Alex weren't looking at each other; he already wanted today to be over. 

Heyyyy Dallas does eating plants make me a cannibal?

Too complicated for him to even think about right now.

I'd definitely order a burger over a salad to be on the safe side.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

“You do that.” Maria Hill replied, furiously working the displays of her console, practically seething as she looked over the information available to her. The approaching armors were much larger, and while that would mean turning the AA cannons on them would be easier… It would also mean less defense against the smaller ones. Granted, the small armors didn’t pack as much of a punch, so the tradeoff would, hopefully, be worth it.

“I’ll get some of the cannons on them, buy you some time to get out there. Hopefully take a few out before you have to.” The deputy of SHIELD barked orders towards the agents below, and within a few moments, a few of the anti-aircraft guns were redirected to deal with the approaching armors. It was only a fifteen percent reduction in coverage from the smaller suits, but it was still inconvenient.

The agents would have to hold out.

“You guys get moving.”

A voice commented, not far from where Harken’s team was huddled. The speaker was instantly recognizable as the DIrector of SHIELD, though he seemed even less pleased than usual. His coat was buttoned tightly around his torso to prevent it from getting in the way, and quite notably, his right hand held a very large gun.

“Teams are in place. They won’t breach the interior.”

IC:

“Not at all.” Tera noted cheerfully, gesturing to the magazine with her left (and normal) hand. “You can change matter from one thing to another. I can’t do that. I can change me, but that’s all I can do.”

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Yes sir. I'll make sure the medbay stays safe while I'm there. Keep an eye on the camera feeds as well."

With that Harken continued moving towards his destination. It was not that far away from their current position.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1