Marvel, Rebirth:

Ic:

"What the was I thinking?" She said after a moment of intense silence.

Kill.

Go and make him hurt.

you.

Kill-

Freak.

-yourself.

Find Howlett, make him burn.

Nothing more than a monster in a girl's skin.

Justice.

Wow, cold.

Reap what you sow.

That's what you get you gay freak!

Hah, not only are you a vampire's , but now you're an actual too!

She quickly got out of the car, and casting a glance back at dal, she started to head in the opposite direction. After a moment, she started running, emotions swirling and head spinning.

I hope he never talks to you again.

You'll never get revenge like this freak, pull yourself together.

How long do you think you can hold us back, ?

Finally, showing your true colors.

Monster.

Haven't you figured it out yet girl? He doesn't share your feelings.

"God . me, him, just-"

Guilt. If she knew emotions, she definitely knew pain and anger by now. She would never admit it, but she knew guilt too. Everything that happened was her fault. Again and again and again-

You should just die.

Yeah! End it and let us out!

Idiot we'll go with her.

Is that a bad thing?

... No.

Aw look, the freak does have feelings!

Going to cry, freak? Good. Cry home to your mother-

Revolting.

-oh wait! That's right sorry. You killed her.

You're all alone now Hailey. End of the line. What are you going to do?

"Shut up!" She screamed, "Just shut the up so I can think straight for once in my god- life!"

She couldn't see where she was. The road was far behind her, and she was starting to fumble in the dusk light. It didn't help that her vision was slowly beginning to blur as her eyes filled with water.

As if you could ever think straight you lesbian weirdo.

C'mon baby, cry!!!

He doesn't notice it, he never will. He already has Tali.

You're nothing more than a pawn for that vampire.

Ugly .

How about you go join you're actual parents in ?

Look! She's actually crying.

Wish I had a camera.

We'll never stop being here now. We'll be with you until you die you disgusting hoe!

Kristen fell to her knees. Why did she say that? Why didn't she just, let it go? Why did she still have to hate John.

Oh god. He's right. He's always right, that's why he's Dallas. He's always right.

The voices circled about in her mind, like a hundred sharks, all of them waiting to strike at her. He had cared. He'd cared, and she just threw it all away like it didn't even matter to her.

Maybe I do deserve to die for everything... He said I was insecure... I am aren't I?Is that just the voices talking?

She just let the tears roll down her face, lacking the will to even cry aloud. She had been running from the road for at least a good ten minutes, far enough away for anyone to find her again.

She paused to see if there was anything sharp about.

Then she just faltered reaching out for a wicked-looking rock, emotions overcoming her as she felt herself fall onto the ground. The tears just rolled off her face as Kristen tried and failed to put logic into her actions.

"Why? Why did I even- why was I such a to him?"

IC: Shiloh

"It shall be done my lord." Shiloh stood at attention and saluted, before walking off with a coy smile back toward the heart of the camp. 

She spotted her brother, still on his phone, and approached him. Sure, she could have just talked with him telepathically, but sometimes it was nicer just to do it in person. 

"Yo bro."

IC 

Rene took a bite of pizza.

"'Ello," he managed through a mouthful of cheese and dough.

IC: Reptilian

Reptilian gave his rifle a last once-over to make sure it was in working order as he stepped out of the jeep. With a satisfied nod, he loaded a magazine and took in a breath of fresh Pyongyang air. A convoy would be arriving with some sort of delivery in a few hours, and he'd been tasked with guarding it as the contents were checked and unpacked. He didn't know what was being delivered, nor did he particularly care. He was just glad to finally see some action.

OOC: that'd be the delivery you mentioned, Akihabara. 

67tlbk.png

IC:

Kane was now pacing around the grounds while playing Pokemon. "No Charmander! Don't do this to me!" he shouted, not really looking where he was going before he accidently bumped into the back of Shiloh.

Kane dropped his Gameboy SP and quickly cursed before bending down to pick it up. He now stood up straight before glancing at Shiloh and Rene. "Hey Shiloh, Rene, what's up? You guys remember me?"

IC:

Maverick sat up in his hotel with an open briefcase before him. It was filled to the brim with stacks of twenties. Maverick let out a low whistle as he thummed through the money he'd gotten from his randsom. He then glanced up at the television as continued coverage of the Hydra assualt on the Hellicarrier was broadcasted.

"Sucks to be them." he said before he closed the briefcase with a click. He then got up; lifting the case with him. "I think its time to check out before they send anyone back to kill me." he mused as he nibbled on his ever present tooth-pick before opening the door and slipping out into the hallway of the hotel.

IC:

It had taken Terrance about half an hour to get to the small airport he'd set his sights on. It had taken him about ten minutes of careful observation before he'd jumped the fence and sprinted across the airport towards the nearest small plane. It had taken about five minutes to acculmate himself with the plane before he'd taken off and stolen the plane as he'd ran down the runway before arcing up into the air, his back pressed to the back of his seat as he piloted the plane upwards. He had every intention of returning the plane, and if it got damaged paying for it, Terrance was good for it. He just needed some transport to get him to the Hellicarrier so he could help them fight off Hydra.

IC:

Alaric yawned behind the wheel, checking his phone lazily before balancing it on his right knee. The hyperkinetic looked at ease, car cutting through New York side streets and eyes scanning for pizza parlors. He'd owned the Ferrari for two years, his longest tenure with a vehicle besides Warren's old Corvette; he'd grown intimately familiar with the subtle handling quirks and limits of the braking system. Zack Summers sat quietly in the seat, thoughts unreadable behind mirrored sunglasses.

He was pretty sure Zack didn't like him.

Oh well, oh well.

"If you want a burger, too, just let me know. I needed some air."

IC:

Was there anything more pathetic and tourist-y than sitting despondently in Times Square, New York? As it turns out, yes. Yes, there was. It was sitting despondently in Times Square, New York, pining over another dimension at least eight blocks away from here in the city grid of the time-space continuum, and growing to accept that you were going to be trapped here in this shithole forever. And as if it couldn't get any more pathetic...he had been crying when the waitress arrived. 

"No, I'm not okay," he'd grumbled when she had asked if he was okay. "Two years ago, I was a happy-go-lucky X-Man and a war hero. Alright? I had friends. And now all my friends are dead...except the gay wolfman who wanted to indocrinate me, and his bloodsucking girlfriend, and my psychotic lesbian salamander best friend, and my girlfriend who, just my goddamn luck, I think I started to fall in love with. As if that wasn't bad enough, I'm stuck here in a dimension that isn't even my own, waiting to get some room temperature soda from TGI Friday's..."

"This is Buffalo Wild Wings," the waitress said skeptically, shooting a look at her manager. 

"Buffalo Wild Wings?" Dallas reared his head back and groaned melodramatically. " me senseless...who are you again?"

"Katie," the waitress said, a little more uncertainly, casting another glance at her manager. "Your experience captain."

Dallas smiled crookedly.

"Well, ," he said. "I got some experiences, alright."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Hey." Lunar seemed to appear at the edge of the pool, wearing a dark blue one piece with black swim shorts. She eyed Nicole's iPod critically. "What are you into music wise?"

IC:

"It wasn't her." those words seemed to stick in Sierra's head, a guilty wave crashing over her. "Yeah." she managed. "Whatever happened to her?"

IC: Zack

Zack contemplated for a moment.

"Yeah, I suppose I could go for a burger."

Every word spoken between him and Ric seemed to hang in the air until someone broke the silence, like...well, like words spoken between an undead teacher and a student that held within him a small portion of the same entity that had previously wiped out the entire superhuman population of the planet.

Tense--yes, one could rightfully say things felt tense.

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

67tlbk.png

IC:

Christine's fist closed. It still made her angry to think about, even after so long. The thought of Warren snapping Ash's neck like it was nothing. How could he live with himself after doing something like that?

"Warren, our current headmaster of the school killed her. He killed her because her mother, Jean Grey nearly wiped out every Superhero and villain in the entire world 17 years ago or so. Ah guess he didn't want that to happen again, but still Ah feel like there could have been another way. She didn't have to die."

IC:

Nicole shrugged, "I don't like really care, I like all kinds of music." she admitted. "Watch this." she smiled as she activated her diamond form. Almost instantly her body transformed into glittering diamond, the sunlight bow bouncing off of her form and creating many tiny prisms of light and small rainbows as she grabbed the beach ball laughing playfully as she smacked it into the air.

IC 

Rene took a bite of pizza.

"'Ello," he managed through a mouthful of cheese and dough.

Shiloh took a slice of pizza for herself, "Rene, are you bothered that me and Dom-"

"Hey Shiloh, Rene, what's up? You guys remember me?"

Shiloh turned toward the rather unwanted interruption, looking Kane over like one would assess their prey. "Mmmmmm...no actually. Who are you?" 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Alecto)

Alecto didn't like sports bars as a general rule, perhaps a result of his total disdain for sports in general. It was thus doubly unfortunate he'd acquired a taste for their soda at a young age. He'd taken a seat at a booth near the back, in an isolated corner. The last thing he needed was to get kicked out of another 'dining establishment' for giving a few scars to some thinly disguised neanderthal who decided to comment on the wings. They always went for the wings for some reason. Some creativity would be appreciated now and then. Of course, New York being New York, there was plenty of weird to go around. So when one of those hyped up, hero-complex would be messiah's that called themselves the X-Men wondered in and started to rant about gay wolfmen and.....vampires? Had to be vampires, Alecto wasn't really surprised.

He really shouldn't comment. He liked this sports bar. The normal patrons weren't clever enough to come up with jokes. That made it special.

To it's credit. His restraint lasted for a good five seconds before giving up the ghost.

"Psychotic lesbian X-Men? You say the first one like it stands out."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Rene)

Dallas hadn't texted him back for awhile. Taking another bite of pizza, Rene tapped out a quick message.

hey....... still there?

Phone back in his pocket, the kinetopath chewed thoughtfully and waited for this new kid to answer Shi's question.

IC:

He confidently rolled his head around, flicking bored gazes at traffic as his Ferrari carved through roads and taxi formations like a knife through a particularly soft cake. Ric played with the neck of his t-shirt and then moved the hand, quick as a cat, to casually bop the steering wheel. His hand tapped up and down, like he was playing a drum. He was smart enough to sense the tension and guess its source. I look like my father. I have the family ring. 

"Did you ever drive with Tara? Besides the time she told me about with the roof and everything." The deftly done change of topic seemed to make Ric a bit more comfortable in his own skin, as opposed to the Black King persona. "She loved driving with me - especially during school days. Ashlynn was always the studious one. I think she kind of loved the duty of it all, taking in homework and churning it out...if you so much as hinted it wasn't gonna get done, she'd lecture you for about fifteen minutes on its importance. If you could weather the time out, she'd finally sigh and do it for you. Sooo, while the good sister was holding down the fort, the wild sister would hop into my passenger's seat and we'd tear through the county in Dad's Corvette, find a diner, have some lunch and try to get her back to the Institute before her study period ended. Hank used to bust me for being a bad influence...oh, at least twice, three times a week. Don't think Ash ever knew, though. My luck as a kid wasn't that , but Hank definitely knew...and John, too. Surprised he never told Ash. Would've scored him hella brownie points."

He hadn't meant to tell a story. Ric's hand moved to play with his hair; he steered with his left hand and both knees. "I'm not going to hurt you, you know," he said. "I knew your sisters all their lives. I don't exactly swoon over you in my daydreams, but you're Tara's twin. When my people in Denver said Hydra..." He trailed off for a few seconds before continuing. 

"Tara would always flip out if you so much as volunteered to let her start the car. I used to walk out from paying for lunch and see her sitting up in the Corvette, not even out of middle school age, and pretending to steer the Vette all around the parking lot."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Zack chuckled. The tension was starting to melt, if only by a little bit. 

"Yeah, I..." Zack said, "I kinda feel like I missed out. I didn't even know I had a twin sister until just a couple years back."

He sighed and shifted his position in the seat.

"I probably wouldn't have ever known if she hadn't just kinda...shown up one day."

IC: U! Julia

Dallas's phone started to ring.

67tlbk.png

IC:

Kane didn't look to happy. How could she not know who he was when they'd been in Genosha together and had both been apart of the Brotherhood for almost a year.

"Name's Kane, nice of you to forget. I'll leave you alone then." he said before turning away, he wasn't one to stick around where he clearly wasn't wanted.

"Oh right...Kane. Sorry I'm bad with-" And he was already walking away, figures. Truth was she didn't interact with the other members of the brotherhood all that much, besides Rene and Dominik. 

With a shrug she brought Kane's gameboy to life. She had no idea what would happen, but it would probably be hilarious. When she heard it scream like a Pikachu and making a lot of electrical noises she smirked.

She started to nibble on her pizza. 

Edited by Skitty

Ic:

A whistle was blown. Except, this whistle was t an ordinarily whistle. It was a sound, a very, very loud sound. The dogs, cats, and other animals could hear it, but it didn't mean anything to them so they just started to squirm from its loudness. The intended target however, had literally been created to hear such a sound at her creator's whims.

It was an order.

Trinity had just scavenged one of mikhail's larger shirts over her jumpsuit remnants and had thrown it onto herself when she heard it. It was simple, more like a demand really.

This way.

Her pupils constricted as she began to walk towards the front door an into the hall, almost careless to how she got there.

IC:

"Out of the blue? That was her thing. She used to get pissy at my college for not giving me enough time during breaks to come to Westchester and rope Ashlynn into making the trip cross-country to see me. Your sisters crashed my twenty-first birthday, you know. Right in the middle of my first legal keg stand."

IC:

D-bag talking .

One unread message.

His ringtone was going off.

He wanted to fight everything there was, or ever would be. In the frame of mind he thought he was in, he could have taken anything.

He settled for a middle finger towards the heckler, ignoring the text, and picking up the phone.

I'M REVOLUTIONARY BANGIN' ON MY ADVERSARIES

AND I LOVE DR KING BUT VIOLENCE MIGHT BE NECESSARY

CAUSE WHEN YOU LIVE ON MLK AND IT GETS VERY SCARY

YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PUL--

"Someone had better be dying," he grumbled, pointing at the words Dr Pepper on the menu and shooing the waitress away. He realized, halfway through speaking, that he hadn't looked at whoever had called him. 

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Kane looked down at his game boy as it suddenly began making a lot of electrical noises and screeching out various Pokemon names before it suddenly grew tiny plastic legs and jumped out of Kane's grasp before it started running around in the grass. Kane took off after his SP as it darted away from him as it continued to mutate.

Soon the Game boy has grown a small plastic head that resembled a Charmander and a tiny tail with a fake flame as well at the other end while the middle of the game boy was still it's normal shape.

"Charmander!" The game boy spat as Kane dove for it and missed.

"Shiloh!" Kane shouted, he knew what her powers were and he was a bit flustered as he glared at her. He felt something on his leg and looked down to see his game boy Charmander-thing rubbing against the side of his leg now. He reached down and then picked up the miniature electronic device and glanced over at Shiloh.

"Uhhh..." He said not sure what happened next.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC:

"Well, she'd do a lot to get your attention." Ric grinned, remembering the brief layover in Las Vegas. "She melted four hundred dollars worth of silverware at the Hard Rock because her steak was a little rare."

IC:

As fearless and brazen as Dallas was, he fought down a gulp at the sound of Julia's voice.

"Only my once-in-a-lifetime heroic brooding," he answered, sounding flippant as ever. "Didn't know you were here, Jules."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Shiloh blinked, looking rather surprised herself. "That doesn't usually happen..." handheld devices didn't usually...transform when she brought them to life. They usually just talked to you through their speakers and didn't really move at all. This was a bit freaky. 

In fact it was too freaky for her, she used her powers on the gameboy again, removing it's newfound life and turning it back into a regular gameboy. 

"Sorry." 

IC: Aella

"Hey Trin! Where ya going?" I noticed she was wandering off down the hallway of the strange, fluffy carpet. Trinity didn't answer me so I decided to follow her. Maybe she knew where they were hiding the cookies. 

IC:

"Wait, that was actually kinda cool." Kane said when the tiny robo Charmander turned back into a regular lifeless GameBoy before his very eyes. "He's was actually starting to like me too." Kane sighed before pulling off his snap-back running a hand through his messy dark hair before pulling it back on, backwards as always.

"What do Brotherhood members do for fun? other then turning devices alive and helping mend refugees?" he asked as he glanced around the camp.

Ic:

Trinity didn't hear Aella, the "whistle" was still being "blown". She eventually ran into the hallway door, and unsure how to open any doors that didn't have keypads, she simply turned the door into water before stepping out into the hallway, locating the nearest stairs before starting to rub towards and down them.

tumblr_ma7z2tWfwH1qbrpgvo1_r9_500.png

IC:

If Ophelia Sarkissian was possessed with the urge to knit, and sat down to thread a tally mark into a quilt for every one of Conrad Kaufmann's blunders, her patience with knitting would be very, very short-lived. 

The Red Skull had promised her that the man was ruthless, a born tracker and known interrogator, and she had taken the Hydra commander at his word. So she had listened, with the shell shocked feeling of someone, say, who had recently had half their face torn off for scraps by a wild animal, as Conrad Kaufmann was caught on audio confessing not just his location, but his affiliation, destination and operation as well! He may as well have confessed his stuffed animal preference and pleaded for the first Archangel Initiative autograph!

As Red Skull raged and Howard Stark listened without expression, Sarkissian had calmed quickly; Kaufmann's failure was only natural. After a short, unsuccessful little life that had consisted of sufficiently ruining her adoration of German metal and sneering with pride, this so-called specialist, this hair-grease-toting inept Gungan-looking fetus of a man had finally capped off his bucket list of blunders with a denouement that was almost to be expected - alerting SHIELD of the protective needs of two expensive assets. After that, however, you would also expect him to have the decency to stop while he was ahead. But no. The failure locomotive that was Conrad Kaufmann had run out of gas, and hurtled left and right, winding and whirling down the tracks through ugly brute force. No mere force like death could halt it, Sarkissian had learned to her chagrin. In his final cosmic prank, this great whoopie cushion to all proper terrorists, Conrad Kaufmann had left a body behind.

So while Howard Stark led a doomed assault on SHIELD's new Helicarrier, and Red Skull gloated for Fox News, it fell to Ophelia Sarkissian to clean Kaufmann's final accident, because Ophelia Sarkissian was the best.

The two Archangels that had apprehended Conrad were standing guard with four other blue-skinned super soldiers; she could see two placed at the front door and two around the back and to the right, near where the emergency room entrance was situated; eyes cold and pale like jade roved over the perimeter and the crevices of the hospital before two dots of cerulean popped out, a darker shade of blue than the backdrop of sky they stood against. Archangels fly in roosts of six, she noted, and Sarkissian relayed the information to Howard Stark. Combat capabilities unknown. Don't plan on finding out. How are things up there?

As expected.

As expected.

Getting in was her first and greatest predicament. Sarkissian didn't plan on taking the front door in if she could help it, but nor did she think strolling into the emergency room, perfectly hale and hearty, was going to do her much good. Briskly, she stepped out of the cafe where she planned recon and closed her coat a little more tightly, pulling her collar snugly to defend against the brisk autumn air. New York, after two attacks in a year, had grown antsy and thick with movement; with no one wanting to stay in one place for very long, especially around the new government super troopers, Sarkissian was lost in the commotion of the street level commotion. Casually, with the slinky grace of her namesake, she paced around the block, then halfway back, and then followed the building's perimeter to its logical conclusion - patio outside the food court for outside dining, with families of patients and off-duty nurses sharing sandwiches and frankfurters. Sarkissian pulled a ballcap over her head - her hair, black and shot with streaks of emerald, was tied in a tight braid that she could effectively hide. She looked as inconspicuous as any other visitor - a fact which she reminded herself of when two Archangels who were inside the food court turned to look at her curiously. Her body readjusted to basic vitals after they continued watching her walk, long after identifying features had been removed from sight.

Briefly, as she paid for a bag of chips and fountain drink (she had to keep up appearances, and Sarkissian had a certain endearing fondness for the tagline RUFFLES HAVE RRRRIDGES) she allowed herself to rue her purpose here. The Red Skull's Dust of Death was largely for show, meant to terrify those in his inner sanctum into rigid, spine-chilled obedience. Weaponizing it - and murdering Conrad Kaufmann - was an elegant little brushstroke, designed to remind the Archangels that SHIELD could change up people's pigmentation a little, but if the sniper had intended for Conrad to fall for his death and take the compound with him then he was similarly incompetent at his task. Red Skull had not seen the issue with defacing Conrad's corpse until Sarkissian had reminded him that with Conrad's body in the possession of SHIELD agents, the Dust was too - and that, if they could isolate it, it could be weaponized...or worse, cured.

Ophelia Sarkissian, as Hydra's best, had been sent stateside within the hour. She didn't particularly mind the change in setting, even under the circumstances. It was relatively warm outside. Sarkissian loved a nice, temperate climate.

Weaving through elevators and side hallways, throwing her snacks into the trash as she mapped the ground floor out, she ended up in the basement levels of the hospital - it was always a wonder to her that nobody really wondered where bodies went in hospitals after they had lost their fights; they were shuttled down to the basements, sealed off from society and normal visitors. Sarkissian was no normal visitor, and she knew death well, so the pathway was easy for her to maneuver. 

Down here, she expected no less than four Archangels, taking into account the two upstairs - she was pleasantly surprised for a second when she felt another two around the corner, but the realization hit that they probably had men inside the morgue as well. . Sarkissian had intended to get in and out, but she had seen the angels flying high as well as anyone. Hydra had been divided into two camps as the general's announcement hit the airwaves - those who laughed and jeered at SHIELD's pitiful response to the Sleepers, and the smart ones. Ophelia Sarkissian was always one of the smart ones, and every muscle in her body tensed, ready for a fight they had fought a hundred times before and would fight a hundred times again.

She was Hydra. She was the best. She would not die this day. She could fight two men.

First, however, she went the long way around, ducking behind her safe corner and squatting to loosen the screws on an air duct with two fingertips. As they fell, one by one, she caught them in the scoop-shaped palm of her hand, and slipped lithely into the ventilation system. Behind her, she hand-tightened the screws as best she could. Tentatively, Sarkissian took a deep breath, holding it and listening for the sounds of footsteps, nearing breaths, or suspicious cadences in the voices of the super soldiers. She heard none, and let her breath go; her coat felt tight against her chest.

She spent eight minutes climbing and navigating before she could peer through a grate and say with certainty that it resembled a morgue; though there were no bodies on display she could see the coroner's tools of trade arranged as neatly as the members of an orchestra, or the organ systems in a body. Cautiously, she reached into the tight coat around her chest and pulled something long and thin out of her inside pocket. Carefully, Sarkissian squinted with one eye, then the other, and dropped the syringe through the grate of the sewer. It hit the ground with a clink. 

Ophelia Sarkissian backed up three "paces" and peered through the grate as one Archangel walked over and bent down to pick the syringe up. She bated her breath and waited to see which of her hypothetical reactions he would fall into. Inevitably, he unfurled his exo-skeletal wings and hovered up, peering back up into the grates - inches away from Sarkissian's body. This was the best she could have hoped for. Wings in a close-quarters situation would only seek to trip him up, even with the extra power afforded to him, and Sarkissian was trained enough to utilize this disadvantage. Quick as a snake, she slammed one foot down hard, busting out the grate and pushing it, with her boot giving momentum and added force, into the Archangel's face. They landed as one, Sarkissian more gracefully than the super soldier with the head wound, and she seized the advantage by standing up and stomping on his throat hard. Instantly she had crouched again, eyes roving for the second one, but she was an instant too late. The second had come up behind her and picked her up bodily, throwing the woman against a gurney. She hit it hard, and felt a spasm of pain dance along her back - when she rolled away from the Archangel's first bullet, she saw that her impact had left a dent in the hard metal. 

What had SHIELD cooked up for these people?

Her hand seized the syringe she had grabbed off the downed Archangel, and she ducked for cover behind a pillar while the Archangel loosed another two shots at her. From the type of gun, Sarkissian hypothesized that he had four, probably five rounds left in the magazine. Her eyes were already scanning the room robotically when they found what they had looked for all along - the coroner, bundled up in the corner and trying to hide. She didn't think, she moved - and her movements paid off, because when the Archangel readjusted his aim he found Ophelia Sarkissian holding the shivering coroner in a half Nelson, syringe pressed against her artery.

"Drop it," she purred, tone thick with inflection and tension. The Archangel's eyes flicked across the coroner, and Sarkissian's thumb brushed against the handle of the syringe.

The Archangel backed down. Sarkissian took a careful step forward, and then another, and another; the Archangel tensed with every step, and by the fifth he had gone for his gun again. The assassin threw the syringe at his prone form with one hand and then pushed the doctor forward with the other; the portly, balding corner was not as graceful as either trained killer and fell against the gurney hard, sending it tumbling and tools crashing. Sarkissian found a scalpel amidst the chaotic tangle of appliances and darted forward, going to a knee and SLICING hard down the Archangel's throat. She made sure to nick arteries - otherwise, it would be a useless gesture. The blood that trickled out of the super soldier was of purplish tint - still the typical red of human blood when oxidized, but with an undeniable cerulean tint not unlike that of their skin. Sarkissian came to her senses quick enough to catch three vials full from the dying super soldier and bottle them. Even if nothing came fo them...maybe she could make a poison out of it.

Her next test - the coroner himself. He had backed up against the overturned gurney, body overwhelming the contours that hers had made when she landed against it. She crouched across from him, wielding three syringes between her fingers like Wolverine's bone claws. 

"The corpse?" she asked simply. No modifier was necessary; she could only have come for one corpse. He pointed at a specific body tray, and with fluid ease Sarkissian untangled herself, kicked the man in the temple with a steel toed boot, and made her way to Conrad's body. She remembered him as slightly pale and pointed, a little sallow; handsome in an amphibious way. The sniper's bullet had robbed him of most of that, leaving his head little more than a replica Red Skull, dented in with concave force. Effortlessly, remorselessly, she brought the scalpel down. The head plopped to the ground; he had been dead long enough to stave off blood flow. Reaching down the back of her coat, she withdrew a string bag and pulled the edges open with her index fingertips, scooping the head up and closing it behind her. 

Blissfully, the morgue was sealed off by sight and sound with thick, opaque glass. Quieter, more private, more cerebral. Coroners felt more comfortable that way.

So, reflected Ophelia Sarkissian as she tossed the bag up into the vents and clambered up to follow it, do I.

So will Hydra.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: U! Julia

Julia paused, trying and ultimately failing to stifle a giggle.

"Well save some for when I'm around to hear it," she said. "I miss your heroic ranting."

Zack raised his eyebrows.

"Well, I certainly wouldn't put that past her."

He glanced out the window.

"We almost there? All this talk of steak is making me hungry."

67tlbk.png

IC:

"Where's there?" Ric asked, shooting a gajillion-dollar grin Zack's way. "I'm just drivin'. You're supposed to tell me where to stop."

IC:

Dallas weighed the sentence. Julia's giggle was echoing in his bones.

"Where are you?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Aella

"Hey!" Trinity was running, off, turning the strange doors into water as she went. I wasn't sure where she thought she was going, but maybe she had the right idea, this apartment was starting to becoming boring and lame. I wanted to see outside.

"Where are we going?" I asked Trin as I followed her down the stairs. 

"Fun..." Shiloh looked confused, turning to her brother. "Rene what is fun?" I was hard to tell if she was being serious or not. 

Edited by Skitty

Ic:

Trinity quickly cleared the building and darted onto the sidewalk, quickly running through the city. She was following the whistle.

Which just so happened to be leading her right into the ruined sections of the city, and by extension, the camp set up by the city's friendly neighborhood brotherhood of (formerly) evil mutants.

IC:

"I'll make it happen." Alaric looked in the rearview mirror smugly at the traffic behind him and then banked a quick, expert left. 

IC:

"Just a few blocks from Times Square. I'm sitting in a high top by the bar at Buffalo Wild Wings.There's a Jets game on. I need to remember there's people out here who suffer worse than we do." Dallas nodded at the Dr Pepper (they'd given him a new waiter) and pointed at the mozzarella sticks and onion rings separately. "Just ordered appetizers. Be here in fifteen."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Dallas' eyes found Julia quickly, locking onto her and staring at her with the blues of an intense lightning strike. "You're here in eight. I guess not everyone has the dedication for a brisk walk these days."

Under the quip, he felt increasingly awkward sitting across from her, like something small and petty and thuggish. It was the way she'd looked at him, crashed on Alex's couch after a fight or sneaking into some bar with John, with an empty six pack of Dr Pepper and a crooked grin...he had never felt like more of a directionless punk than he had when Julia would look at him and roll her eyes with Alex. And Alex would always have to work not to roll his eyes back, because Dallas was his best friend...but he could always feel the urge, because Alex had loved Julia and Julia had loved him back. Julia... it was Julia that had dealt him his first, greatest blow, more than any Phalanx or Brotherhood goon. It was Julia that had made him grow armor. It was Julia that had hurt him.

Goddamn, it was good to see her. He felt a ghost vibration in his phone.

"...Yo," he echoed dumbly. "You want anything to drink?"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Kane thought for a moment after Rene explained fun to Shiloh before he tucked away his SP. "Fun is what you do for recreation, or to relax. Like a hobby you enjoy or hanging out people you like." he explained.

"And, I actually have an idea for some fun..." he said before he turned and dashed for his tent.

"I'm so freaking hungry."

IC: Julia

Julia eyed Dallas. She felt her heart flutter a little bit, the beginnings of a smile tugging at her lips. She realized it was a feeling she had felt only once before, a very, very long time ago.  

"Well," she said, picking up an onion ring between her thumb and forefinger and taking a bite. "what do they have here?"

67tlbk.png