Marvel, Rebirth:

OOC: Posting for Kaithas a couple times because he's mad busy and didn't have time to log on - Tali's actions are in black, Dallas' in typical indigo.

IC:

"Sodas. Lemonades. Fruit punch. Water. Overcompensating white people. Drink your fill."

A raven haired girl walked up to the table quickly, instinctively going for the other chair- then noticed the other arrival. She stepped slightly in front of Dallas protectively.

Dallas noticed the look and wrapped a hand around Tali's leg, pulling her into the booth beside him. He'd picked the spot because it didn't confine him to scooting around or turning, left a place for him to kick his legs up, and there was a seat across from him. He liked booth/table hybrids. They allowed freedom. He hadn't anticipated his old unrequited flame here...and he hadn't expected Tali to follow him.

He banged out a quick <3 on his phone and texted it to Rene, but tilted the screen while waving his phone looking for service so Tali could see it.

She smiled slightly, putting her left hand on his shoulder. Subtle, but unmistakably territorial.

Dallas sensed it, too, and inside he was realizing these two could tear him apart if they had any limbs of his they were planning on keeping. It was a surprisingly humbling moment for him.

"Tali, Julia, you two...remember each other. Yeah? Yeah. Tali, any drink of choice? You better order now, because I've seen you guzzle Dr Pepper and I'm not sharing a straw with you."

-Tyler
Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Alecto)

Alecto and, evidently, a sensible waitress who'd gotten as far away from the impending cat-fight as possible, watched the scene with interest. "Ten bucks on the one with the scars. She looks like a scrapper." Alecto deposited said bill on the table with the ease of a practiced gambler. "I'll up it too twenty if one of them has a switchblade." He clasped his hands in front of him in anticipation. 

The waitress-he really needed to get her name-shook her head and slid into the booth. "Honey, I'll need to count up the tips before I do anything."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Kane sprinted out of his tent sometime later with three skateboards stuffed into his heavily tattooed arms. Two of them were average skate boards a bit worn from use that had belonged to Kane during his time with Weapon-X, he’d been allowed little personal objects while he lived there, and one of his only other pastimes that playing his SP had been riding down the halls of the facility on a beat up skateboard.

The third board was a longboard he’d purchased after being liberated from Weapon-X and it was his personal board. He stopped by Rene and Shiloh before placing the other two skateboards down by them.

“What would happen if you make a skateboard come alive Shiloh?” he asked interested. “If what I’m thinking actually happens does that mean we could ride them down the street without even having to kick? If you don’t know how to ride the board could do it for us, I was thinking maybe we could go ride and get a slice of New York style pizza or something, live a little get out of this camp and give Shiloh a chance to learn about fun.” He grinned.

IC:

A fifteen minute search, before Jonathan had borrowed, a motorcycle and he pulled up outside a small diner, he'd been driving around downtown when he'd seen someone familiar. His Tali. 

He approached the table now before he gave a low whistle. "Well if it isn't Julia, though I'd never see you again."

He then glanced at Dallas, "Do they sell beer here? I think I owe you one Cali."

IC:

Maverick arrived on the scene. It was a smallish diner he'd had a few deals go down in the past. He scanned the tables, looking for his contact. A contact was supposed to meet him here with a job. His eyes fell on a small table of interesting individuals but he decided that they didn't fit the bill. His briefcase slid against his leg; though he'd emptied it of all his cash except for a couple hundred. He stood and smoothed down his tux for a moment, still nibbling on a toothpick as he finally found a table with one man sitting there (Alecto).

Mistaking Alecto for his contact he sat down at the table silently. "So what's the job?" he asked quietly as his eyes slid over to Alecto.

IC (Alecto)

As unnamed thug with a bad suit and worse breath slid into the booth and trapped sensible but as yet unnamed waitress, Alecto narrowed his eyes. "Tell me, is this your rush hour?"

The waitress shook her head. "Nope. Aside from a few regulars, we don't get alot of customers this time of day. Maybe six. Eight once. Real exciting." Alecto was somewhat impressed at the sheer level of cynicism and low level boiling contempt for her customers she'd managed to cram into that reply. He really needed to get her name. It was so rare to meet someone worth talking with these days.

"Right. That rules out my first theory. Clearly, my new friend, we're now starring in 'invasion of the pod people'. I hope you're good with a shotgun. You'll need to be. Also, we'll need coffee. And lots of it." He then directed his attention to thug with no fashion sense and no understanding of the concept of breath mints. "Sorry buddy. I go through an agency. You...clearly aren't a part of it. Send them a headshot and some references, and maybe we'll talk again." They wouldn't. But he wasn't going to deal with this. The agency paid people to deal with this.

He was doing them a favor, really.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"Pretty sure they don't sell beer to minors there, Lon Chaney." Dallas looked around at the table, looked back towards the entrance, and then back at the square table of Ultimates. "You know, I'm feeling a party coming on. Anyone here got an ID? Pay for some pitchers, get some wings, watch the Jets get ravaged...here, let me get a chat together."

Alex Smith: Bitchmade Edition

Angela "Jimmy" Dean

Ashley "Green Thumb" Landes

Chick Phoenix

Bekahboo Fell

Jesika Snow

Stanley Steemer

Family Jules

Kristen "Godzilla" Hailey

Bro Phoenix

Hey there, party people! Beer + buffalo wings a few blocks from Times Square. Look for the collection of dark and gritty psychopaths singing Kumbaya and throwing origami Phalanx @ each other. If you're alive, swing on by! If you're not, whoops. lol

PS: As the only person at the table who turns into a giant wolf and tried to kill everyone at the table, John's agreed to buy

PPS: Get out of the freaking bathroom Bekah I know you're in there

Dallas sent the message to everyone in the Ultimate group.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (Alex)

"Seafood sounds pretty good. Better idea than Five Guys, I think Dallas is at me." The technopath commented with dry self-deprecation, slipping back into his car to unlock the passenger side door.

"Anywhere you want to go?"

IC: (Rebekah)

"Based upon the number of times you've said that to me, I think that's actually impossible."

IC: (U. Rebekah)

No.

IC: (Alistair)

"I wasn't aware that this city had norms." The scholaar deadpanned, adjusting the bag slung over his shoulders as he glanced about the shop. The twitch in Lucia's eyes was decidedly visible, but he wasn't concerned... Yet. A Roman sorceress flung into New York City was bound to have developed some nervous tics in her time.

"That said, I'm not sure it's had to deal with... Well, a time displaced Roman."

OOC:

Posts for SHIELD, Tera, and James to follow later.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Julia

Julia shrugged and slid into the passenger seat. 

"Your pick," she said. "and why would Dallas be mad at you?"

IC: U! Julia

Julia pulled out her phone and read the text she had just received. It was starting to look like a reunion of sorts around here. 

I don't think I can make it. These weirdos talked me into going to Buffalo Wild Wings and now they won't let me leave D=

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

67tlbk.png

IC: Dante (Lucia's Shop) 

"You could've at least gone with tarot readings as opposed to a bogus crystal ball," Dante chimed in, "Much easier to trick your customers wait. Also a great boredom killer." Dante the glanced around the shop once more, absently mindedly pulling a book off a shelf and flipping through its contents. Even as his eyes scanned the pages, something about Outer Gates and other odd forms of magic, Dante continued speaking to Lucia. Albeit speaking is relative, as the Italian's words were just as much a murmur to himself. "Y'know, as far as making ends meet goes. You probably could've called Brit-boy or something. I'm sure he could borrow some money from his parents until you were settled. That or you could've just joined us, we were planning to look for some artifacts."

Pausing once more to close the book, Dante finally looked up. "Say, how much for this book?" 

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC

Sis, Rene thought. Have a heart. The poor guy's just in awe of your dazzling good looks.

"I've never bothered kicking anyway," he remarked out loud, taking one of the boards from Zane. "Just go with the flow." As if to demonstrate, he flipped the board around. It turned a slow cartwheel through the air, its kinetic energy reduced to almost nothing.

"So, what's your thing?" he said, keeping his eyes on the board. "Fireballs, right? It's always fireballs."

IC

The door opened maybe fifteen minutes later, and a bored-looking Angela slouched in. She looked around, then brightened upon spotting the PARTY TABLE. Making her way over, she slid into one of the chairs and began to pour herself a drink.

"Well, it's nice to know none of you 're dead," she remarked, looking around the table with a wry smile. "How's life in good ol' Earth 616?"

IC:

"A-HAAAAA!" Dallas reached over the table and ruffled Angela's hair brazenly, sitting back down with a flourish and pushing his own long hair back. "Tali, you ever met Angela "Jimmy" Dean? The turn up queen of this dimension? Where the heII have you been these days?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: we'll all be sorry for trying to give your new dude some interaction lol it won't happen again Bask

IC:

Maverick raised an eyebrow but said nothing. Apparently he'd been stood up. He drummed his fingers on the table and then decided he wouldn't look at this man's quite ugly mug for another aecond, plus he had a strong body odor that Maverick wasn't digging, perhaps he needed a shower.

"My mistake my good sir," he said as he shoved off from the table before relocating another another, deciding the growing table of strangers was actually very interesting.

IC:

"Fire balls, stream of flame, anything I can create with my flames really." Kane nodded. He jumped on his own boared and bounced on the flexible deck as he waited to see if Shiloh made it come alive.

IC:

"You know that never stopped us before," Jonathan smirked at Dallas. "I tend to forget everyone isn't dead in this universe therefore they still card."

He watched amused as Kristen showed up before sitting next to him at the table he gave her a small nod. Julia had largely ignored him but it seemed she was too bust fawning over Dallas as usual, not surprising there.

He glanced at the ever quiet Tali before watching as Angela Dean arrived.

"I remember her, she was with us at the prison outbreak. How's things been, seen any interesting futures?" he asked. He'd thrown on a black leather jacket earlier to hide his metallic arm, since he wasn't in a hurry to freak out any humans, he'd also worn a dark glove over his metal hand. When the waitress approached and looked at John he smiled at her, "I'll take a beer... root beer that is, on the rocks. Thanks doll."

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC

Rene blinked. "Nice. Good to see you're not just a pretty face."

IC

"You might say that," Angela said easily. "And the answers to your next three questions are 'Yeah, it gets confusing sometimes,' 'No, I'm never wrong,' and 'No, I don't see Dal making a move on you in the next twenty seconds.' Sorry, girlfriend.

"And, as a matter of fact, yes," she continued, turning to Jonathan. "I see you asking that waitress out and getting brutally rejected. Don't take it personally, but she prefers men who drink real beer."

As if to place a solid period at the end of that sentence, she took a drink. "Digging those boots, by the way."

IC:

"Nah, Bekah's in the bathroom." Dallas looked around and shrugged. "What? She's always watchin' our asses. None of you noticed? First round of wings says she is."

Bekahboo get out here the gang's about to buy us our first round of wings

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ashley Landes (Ultimate)

Ashley walked inside the building and toward the PARTY TABLE, ignoring the stares she got from the various people that noticed the more-plant-than-human. She stopped and stared at Dallas. 

"I demand wings." 

IC: Shiloh

Shiloh sighed. "Alright, fine. I'll bring the skateboard to life. But that's it, I'm not a parlour trick." With a wave of her hand she gave life to Kane's skateboard. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Tr-uuuuuuu. Looks like your case of dorkiness is terminal. The current treatment process of showering you with hugs, kisses, and late night cuddles must be underperforming."

IC:

I'll be your best friend if you come out before the first order of wings!

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME