Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Aella

I threw my hands up in the air. "I don't know! I don't know any more about it than you do!" I was starting to get irritated with all the questions, it was more fun to ask them then to answer them, especially when I didn't have any answers. 

Plus...they were still out there...outside. 

Edited by Grochi Cat

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Tera followed Mikhail quietly into the kitchen, watching Aella and Trinity walk into the study. She waited, even once they were in the kitchen, until she was satisfied that they were out of earshot before looking back to the SHIELD agent.

"You saw them."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I wrapped myself up in the blanket while Trin was busy staring off into space or whatever she was doing. I found myself glancing at the nearest window from time to time, even with the shades blocking my view I could still see the BLOOD RED.

I quickly looked away, my heart was pounding, I needed to do something, anything to help me forget what was out there. Then I saw it, a stack of pillows in the corner. I looked at Trin, she wasn't watching, I slowly crawled toward the pillows. I had an idea that I wanted to try. 

I grabbed a pillow, tossed it in the air, then used my powers to send it flying straight into Trinity's face. I laughed evilly. 

Edited by Grochi Cat

Ic:

"Yes?" Trinity asked, blinking her eyes.

Ic:

Arcadia was suddenly shooken, softly and gently and had the blindfold removed from over her eyes. She was in a dark room, and the handcuffs had been removed from her wrists. She was sitting at a table, two guards in atypical black uniform standing aside her. Across from the table sat an older, bearded man. The room was dark, like an interrogation room. Or whatever they called it. The older man sat back in his chair, smoothing out the lab coat that he wore.

"Miss Greyson. I apologize for your treatment since your arrival... We kept you waiting for as little time as possible, "He said, folding his hands as his dark eyes glinted in the low light, his eyes contrasting his whiter beard, "I hope the extraction team was not too rough... Your retrieval was a bit... Difficult."

Arcadia thought back. She was being transferred by armored convoy to a new prison... The Cube. The convoy had been attacked en route, and she had been taken by the convoy's attackers... Who appeared to be under the employment for this man here.

"You remind me of your father... Did you know that he was among my best technicians?"

Arcadia quickly refocused on the here and now, eyes locking on the bearded man again.

"Pardon?" She asked, "My father worked for you?"

"Yes, he was an integral part of what we are doing here... As well as a close friend to several members of our staff. We were saddened by his unjustified murder."

"You've yet to even tell me your name."

"You may call me G. Doctor G."

"... So my dad worked for you. So why didn't you send any help for me then?" Arcadia asked, folding her arms.

"You must understand... Me and my staff are the... Black sheep of the global community. Our help wouldn't be in your best interests, until recently when we learned that you have a most invaluable skill."

"Which is?"

"Your father's skills."

"Programming? Communications? Computers? Bochi?"

The old man smirked, "For the most part... Yes. You see, I've now freed you from SHIELD. So long as you remain with my staff, SHIELD will never find you, or return you to prison. I have a specific task that meets your skillset, and I wanted you specifically, to finish your father's work."

"Why?"

"The sins of the father, so to speak, are the sins of the daughter. I'm a believer of symbolism, Miss Greyson, and your life's journey has been a large, if yet incomplete allegory. I want you to finish your father's work, and then you may go."

"Go where, specifically?"

"Wherever you want, Miss Greyson," the old man said, leaning back and closing his eyes.

It seemed like a good deal to her. Freedom, a good job, finally figuring out what her father was working on... No drawbacks too. Although, none that she could yet see...

"Deal. When do I start?"

"Tomorrow. The day is late, and the lab is starting to close for the evening... Guards, take Miss Greyson to her new quarters, and see that she receives proper care... Clothes, meals, baths, some various entertainment," The bearded man said, standing up and starting to walk to Arcaida's side of the table, extending a hand for her to shake, "Welcome then, Miss Greyson. I assure you, your time here will make a world of difference."

-

After Arcadia was led to her new room, the doctor headed back to the control room, sitting down in his usual spot. He tapped a key on the console, wetting his lips before speaking.

"Computer, log current time. Log that Arcadia Greyson has joined Project Trinity. Heil Hydra."

"It's a pillow fight Trin, we're suppose to hit each other with pillows. It's fun!" I sighed again. "I had a pillow fight once with the others back at the-" I stopped myself as I realized what I was saying. "Uh, never mind...the point is that it's fun." 

Edited by Grochi Cat

Ic:

"Fun..." So many new words in such little time. Trinity was quite thankful she learned quickly.

"So... Like this?" She asked, standing up and picking up a pillow, before throwing it at Aella, exactly the same way that she had thrown the pillows at Trinity.

Edited by Landes'Rehn

IC: (X-Mansion, Sub-Level)

"Hey Kitty, you think you can still show me to my dorm?" Quinn asked sheepishly.

IC: (Time Square)

He was getting closer. Things were in utter chaos. People were screaming. The ball had been transformed into Red Skull's ugly mug. Elmo had a bomb strapped to him, and... he blew up. Killing a good number of innocent people too. This wasn't how people were supposed to start off the new year.

Kane ducked behind a car for cover as he grasped the hilt to his flame-resistant sword. "This is going to suck." he muttered.

IC: (Time Square)

Now on the rooftop Jennifer zoomed in on the Elmo with the bomb strapped to him with her rifle. Then watched as he exploded, raining fire down upon Time Square and killing anyone in fifty feet or so around him.

"No..." she cursed, she'd been too late. At least she saw Arch Angels descending upon the battle and engaging Hydra soldiers. SHIELD had sent in their best.

Terrance had followed her up to the rooftop. "Things look nasty down there, how do we know whose civilians and which ones are Hydra agents in disguise?"

"Good question, if they start pulling out guns and shooting innocent people they're probably Hydra. I see some normal dressed goons too, they'll be easier targets."

"Right, I'm on it," Terrance said before launching himself over the edge of the building.

She then turned her rifle towards a Hydra goon that was wearing his normal colors, pulled the trigger and sent a bullet flying at his chest.

IC: (X-Mansion, Sub-Level)

"Hey, Sakuya right? Mind if you watch Ashley in here for a bit?" Christine said. "Ah'm sure Kitty will be on her way to visit her soon. Ah'd like to find Aleks." she smiled at the girl.

"Thanks!" Christine said without waiting for Sakuya to answer, she turned and left the medical room. Figuring Aleks was probably around where the Ashley and Nicole incident had gone down.

OOC: Tyler told me the Elmo dude probably exploded and that there are about 60 or so disguised Hydra troops and normal dressed Hydra goons.

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC:

(X-Mansion, Sub-Level)

"Of course," Quinn nodded before he glanced at Sierra. She was was as unstable as they came. But it seemed like it wasn't all her fault from what he'd heard. Her mother sounded horrid, maybe she'd raised her wrong... telling her killing was okay. Either way he was glad everything seemed to be sorted out for now. Nicole was in Dr. Thomas' office, Ashley was in the medical bay and Sierra her her collar on now.

IC: (Times Square)

The Hydra trooper turned before he began gunning down an innocent man. Jennifer's bullet hit him in the shoulder instead of the chest. He turned around before firing back at her. Jennifer ducked as his rounds exploded into the rooftop around her. She rolled and then burst back up over the edge before unleashing three more shots. One of his bullets flew past her shoulder, grazing her flesh and leaving behind a trail of burning agony as the bullet cut into her shoulder. She clenched her teeth watching as her bullets flew into soldier's chest, he twitched and then fell back against the ground unmoving.

IC: (X-Mansion)

It wasn't a far walk down the hallway to the stair-case that lead back up to the ground floor. From there Christine began to head towards the hallway where everything had gone down. On her way there she passed by an open room, a small living room of sorts where teens gathered to fight over what to watch or battle each other in videogames. She paused when she saw a group of teens staring at the screen silently. It wasn't like them to be this overly quiet.

Christine cocked her head and glanced at the TV as she tuned in. "This just in, the New Years Ball Drop in New York City has turned into a massacre, Hydra soldiers are pouring in all over the scene, attacking civilians, there have been reports of a suicide bomber and as you can clearly see the Ball turned into a gigantic Hydra Skull. The NYPDD are doing their best to engage the Hydra terrorists and it seems that SHIELD has sent their Arch Angel soldiers in as well..." A frantic reporter informed.

######.  This wasn't good. Hydra was attacking New York... again. Christine clearly remembered last time they had a year ago it had been a blood bath. Except last time she'd had Matt and John fighting alongside her. They were both gone now. It was up to her and whoever else she could rally up from the now disbanded X-Men to do something about this.

Christine turned and then flew down the hallway. She didn't stop until she came up on Aleks still standing in the hallway where Ashley had tried to smash Nicole to pieces.

"Aleks!" Christine shouted as she ran up to him, clearly out of breath. She paused for a moment to catch her breath. "Something terrible has happened."

"Let me guess. Galactus. There's a mutant kraken attacking Baja California. I didn't TiVo Project Runway. Am I close?"

Under other circumstances Christine might have laughed. Except this wasn't one of those times. She quickly shook her head. "No, Hydra has attacked Time Square, they are murdering innocent people, New York is under attack again."

"Have any kids run off to go be heroes yet?" Aleks asked. It was always hard for Christine to get a read on him, especially in times like this.

"Ah don't think so, you might want to lock down the school with your powers, cover all the windows and exits. But we need to do something... Ah need to do something. Matt wouldn't stand by and watch this happen, neither would John and they're gone now. Ah'm going to go stop them, but Ah can't do this alone."

"You know, I remember Matt and John singing that particular tune themselves." Aleksandr released an agitated sigh and rubbed his hands together resignedly. "Fine. Meet me downstairs. Bring three guns for yourself and a lot of ammo. And find my knives!" She knew he was right. The last time Matt tried to be a hero and save John he'd gotten himself killed. And for what? But this wasn't the same. She knew she'd never be able to live with herself if she didn't try.

"Thank you," she sighed before leaning in and kissing him hard. "Just in case we don't get to do that again. Ah want you to know Ah love you Aleks. Ah'll meet you down there in fifteen, Ah'm going to see if any of the other old X-Men are willing to come. Ah won't forget your knives, promise."

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC:

"Heyyy-o." Dallas, Julia trailing behind him to make sure he didn't go off his rocker, knocked on the door to the medical bay twice and casually stepped in. "Hey. Sakuya. Can I have a second with my girlfriend? Thanks...hey, if you need to get into my dorm, here's the spare key. Guard it with your life, until the day you see Sonvgarde." 

Not really waiting for her to walk away, he sat on Ashley's bed and sighed, pushing trails through highlighted hair in thought.

"Jesus, girl, what am I supposed to do with you?" he asked rhetorically.

When Ashley saw Dallas walk in her heart at skipped a beat. She was overjoyed to see him and at the same time terrified of what he'd say. 

"Dallas...I'm...sorry...I got angry..." She said it as if she didn't really believe it herself.

"Would'a never guessed. You handled it like a monk. Granted...more Goku than the Dalai Lama, but still." Dallas smiled a quavery smile and kicked back on the bed and leaned his shoulder blades against the headboard. "You had me worried. You feeling more like yourself?"

"Yeah...those tranqs make me feel funny though..."

"Yeah, well...putting more than one in you was overkill. Skinny thing like you could've been knocked out with half of one." Dallas laughed at her and then scooched down in the bed, resting his head on her shoulder. 

"You fought for me, Ashley." He spoke quietly now, and his eyes were wet. "Nobody...I haven't had that a lot lately. In a long time. I don't think it was right, I don't want you to feel like I did after I gunned down Novocain, I don't want...I never want to see you get to that point where hurting someone is okay for you. But you fought for me today. And all things considered, whether we're rocky or not...I'm glad I had that. Thank you." He quietly pressed a kiss onto her left temple.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Ashley

Ashley wrapped her arms around Dallas' waist, tears flowing down her face. All this time Dallas had been suffering from what Nicole had done to him, and she had been too oblivious to see it. Thinking back, there had been signs, clues that would have helped her figure it out, she could have at least asked him what was wrong. 

From now on she'd be a better girlfriend, she decided. She had to be there for Dallas, and protect him. 

IC: Shiloh

HYDRA....HYDRA had returned. They'd invaded New York many times the past year, bring unspeakable terror and horror to the city. This time though, this time felt different...a sense of dread had come over Shiloh, this was it...the fight of their lives. Either HYDRA would take the city, or leave it in ruins. 

Dominik wasn't back yet, the others weren't sure what to do, defend the camp? Go on the offensive against HYDRA? Shiloh knew the answer, but she kept it to herself. Dominik would return soon and he'd take charge. 

Shiloh however, had a plan of her own in mind. It was a daring, risky plan. One that the others would try to stop her from doing, perhaps forcefully. She slipped away from the camp, heading toward the nearby warehouse. They needed an army, and she knew just how to get one. 

-----------

The warehouse was fairly large, but it looked even bigger from the inside. Within it was a massive amount of machinery used in construction, bobcats, tractors, bulldozers, forklifts...everything you could think of seeing at a construction site was there. Shiloh stood in the center, taking a deep breath. What she was about to do was going to push her to the limits of her powers, dangerously so. She could give life to almost anything, but the price to do so was life itself. With the amount of objects she was working with, the best she could do was bring the assorted machinery thirty minutes of life, and hour at best. She wasn't sure if she'd even bring half of the warehouse to life before she was spent, but she had to try. 

She began, her eyes began to glow a radiant blue as machines started to flicker to life...

Sorry about this bro.

• Upvote 1

IC:

"Aella would panic if she knew. Rather, if we confirmed what she already does." The pacifist began, leaning quietly against the wall behind her. "Trinity... Something's wrong. You saw her earlier, when she got up and walked out. I don't know what that was, or why it happened, but I think it's better if we keep her as far from the thought of Hydra as we can."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG