Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

Every once in a blue moon, Dallas Brett Green would turn himself over to a rare bit of introspection: what if I was marooned here for a purpose, what was so great about home that I need to go back to, can I find love for something beyond crooning Amy Winehouse shirtless while straddling the countertop... and, rarely, whether it was wrong to find Rebekah Fell so hot.

Then she'd whip out a minigun, caress the trigger with just the right amount of unf, and blow all his questions away.

Even as the Ultimates led the mutant push, he saw Red Skull blast another threesome of Archangels out of the sky. All credit to the SHIELD of this universe, though - their little spec ops outfit was alright at taking advantage of megalomania when they had to, enough that it made Dal question whether they might be alright at defending themselves from a certain little techno-organic mutation after all. Red Skull's increased girth had made him slow, and even while three blue super soldiers screamed and burned, six more had landed in a semi-circle around the back of the Hydra leader's neck, giving each other wide berths where necessary and emptying clips into the sensitive spot underneath the armor's collar. 

Red Skull's bestial shriek of pain nearly busted Dallas' eardrums, and he whirled around to obliterate the squadron of Archangels. He half-succeeded; three more Archangels closely followed their predecessors, but all the same six brightly colored flares hurtled forward--

--and from behind the ruin of the Times Square Ball, the silhouette of a SHIELD Helicarrier dipped forward onto the scene. Faced with aerial opposition and the combined bug bite assaults of the Archangels, mutants, and militias below, the hundred-foot war criminal had perhaps realized he was still only human.

"Bah! Stark! Mobilize the drones! We ret--Stark! Stark! I BIRTHED YOU! I GAVE YOU LIFE! STARK! STARK! Sarkissian! Stark has gone rogue and Herr Schmidt de--"

IC:

Click.

IC:

"--can't tell me you're not seeing anyone, whatever happened to that nice American boy? Tall, blonde, and handsome? The one who tossed around the silly ball all day? He seemed sweet enough."

"Oh. Matt." Aleks' lips pursed, and teeth scraped against one uncertainly. From the condo, he heard a dull roar that he tried to cover up with a well-faked sneeze. "We...achoo... didn't work out."

"I'm your mother. It's my job to pry."

"Please don't. Not this time."

"Okay, Aleksei, okay. I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable. I know that you--"

"It wasn't an experiment or anything. It just...didn't work out. There's this girl in the city, she and I still keep in touch, but...I dunno. Might not go anywhere. I don't want that one to not work out."

"I understand," his mother said softly. "You sound tense. Working with the kids?"

"Something like that. Helping them with target practice."[

"Then I'll call you back in a few," his mother said understandingly.

"I don't know about that. I have..." Don't choke. You're better than choking. "A lot of targets left."

"Then you be a good boy," his mother said understandingly, "and make every shot count."

"Always do, Mum. Love always."

"Love always, Aleksei. Remember - you be a good boy and Skype me when you have the time. I need your help figuring out what a profile picture is, how to add one...and any American girl who can make you want to work fast food is a girl I want to hear about."

"You sure? She's an earful. Nearly broke my collarbone back into place once just to shut me up."

His mother laughed - soft, twinkling laugh, ice crystals glittering on windchimes. An icy balcony, adjacent to our dining room. And our living room. And the bedroom door. Just stick the jump and slip inside. It was child's play, and it always made her smile. I was her little gymnast. The Miracle on Ice.

"I suppose it's true," she teased him, crackly through the sat-line. "They always fall for girls just like their mothers."

"Christ, I hope not," her son deadpanned.

"Don't be a smartass to your mother," Katerina growled. "You be a good boy and conserve your ammo, check your targets. Shooting range is a dangerous place. I'm going to hang up, Aleksei."

"Not if I hang up first." Don't close your left eye to aim with the right. Rookie mistake. Run the risk of parallax.

"You won't."

"Will too."

"You could never lie to me, Aleksei."[

"Sure I could," he growled back, finger tugging nervously on the trigger. "I'm hanging up now, Mom."

"Both hands on your rifle?"

"I know how to do this, Mum."

"How can you hang up if both hands are on your rifle? Are you using your shoulder to hold the phone? How often have I told you--?"

"I've done this before, Mum."

FOOM! The rifle's butt pressed into his shoulder, familiar and warm. His finger was frozen stiff to the trigger.

"I know, child," his mother said sadly, softly, sweetly - hardly audible before the telltale sound of a dead phone line.

The telltale sight of a body plummeting. 
The telltale click - no ammo no ammo no ammo no AMMO.

The signal, like hornets.

"Time to move," he radioed the rest of his drop team. "We need a better view on the big one--"

"FOOOOOOLS! CUT OFF ONE HEAD! TWO MORE WILL TAKE ITS PLACE!"

Taking wounds and heavy fire, Red Skull lit up the repulsors on his large Iron Man suit with all haste and attempted his final, ill-fated retreat. With the wounds he'd sustained already and his suit unaccustomed to the strain of so much mass and energy, he was visibly sagging toward the ground, and Red Skull put one final burst of energy into his propulsion system. He wasn't even attempting to fire back.

When you were a hundred feet tall and your face was as broad as a parking lot, it was pretty hard to miss a look of sheer panic. 

-Tyler

Edited by tylerlicious definicious
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Brook had given up on questioning what she'd done in a past life to merit Bekah Fell about a year ago; at some point she had decided that maybe she was John F. Kennedy, or some really friendly Pope. How else could she explain falling in love with the one girl who enjoyed just as many unnecessary layers of blankets and sheets on a bed?

It was just science.

"Hmmm," she hummed contentedly. Slowly she crawled back up the length of the bed and buried half her head in the pillow with a low breath. "Hmmm. You ever wonder what we're doing with our lives? Red Skull's a trillion feet tall, the Brotherhood are good guys, Taylor Swift is great now...and here we are. Celebrating the New Year with nine layers, a gallon of ice cream, Orange is the New Black, and absolutely no desire to do anything but let our PTSD money flow in every month."

She turned to Bekah and grinned coquettishly, kissing her girlfriend's cheek emphatically and resting her head on the pale shoulder proffered to her. 

"Score one for team us," she said softly.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Drachentocht):

When you're in the middle of a fight, everything seems to take so much longer than it really does. A punch that lands in seconds or less can be drawn out over an hour or more, and it can take ages to kill a man in ten seconds; ages in which everything is observed and remembered in sharp detail.

On the other hand, when you're in the middle of a fight, nothing else matters. If it's not relevant, you don't see what's happening somewhere else, and even the loudest sounds are only background noise unless someone is shouting to take cover, or you hear the telltale whine of a falling bomb. It was in this way that the everything Red Skull had done since the ball exploded had gone almost entirely unnoticed by the Swiss mercenary, until the outcome of his frantic struggle became quite clear. As another firm believer in the godhood of Johann Schmidt crumpled to the ground, his face reduced to a red, ruined mass by concentrated gunfire, the fighting around Drachentocht slowed enough that she had time to take notice of Red Skull, to see the big red Nazi struggling desperately to remain in the air.

Smiling, she raised the stock of her rifle to her shoulder, put the scope to her left eye, and opened fire on the repulsors keeping Red Skull in the air.

• Upvote 1

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:

"Phew."

Lacey Marko had not, actually, lost her borrowed helmet in the fight. She knew exactly where it was - in her hand, with a crater the size of a one-pound silver eagle over the right eyehole and already-crusting Nazi blood rimming the dent. She sidled up to Romulus and Thistledown, saluting with a weary, adrenal grin. The helmet clanked around between two fingers.

"Well, I beat up three Nazis and tore a finger off an Iron Man suit. Considering I wasn't even committed enough to earn my yellow belt, that ain't bad, right?" She grinned at Romulus and tossed the helmet back to him underhand. "What about you? Are you not entertained?"

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Saphine)

"Keep firing! He's not screaming yet!" Saphine crowed, half in annoyance and half in triumph. Out of their staunch loyalty to their paychecks, the Goldpoint crewmen redoubled their efforts to milk yet more pure, unleaded violence from the APC.

IC (Alecto)

Alecto, popping off a few useless shots from his pistol in the general direction of the Giga-Nazi the Insufferable couldn't resist some running commentary. "You know." He paused to crack off another shot. "It's a good thing I'm secure in who I am, otherwise you all would have to listen to me ***** about all the Archangels honing in on our turf. Also the blue skin is tacky." The snark, he found, helped keep the panic at bay.

IC (Romulus)

Still firing off armor-piercing rounds in the direction of the colossus-sized barbarian, Romulus somehow found the time to respond. "A fine trophy to be certain. Though..." Another shot. "By the end of the day I hope to have something worthy of a mantelpiece. Provided gravity does not rob us of our victory." Thistledown, meaning, fresh from strangling a HYDRA soldier, simply stood behind the Imperator.Though the glare she was leveling at Red Skull did qualify as a weapon all it's own.

And quite possibly a war crime.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"Whatever happened to the rest." I replied, not really looking back at him. I wanted to catch up, don't get me wrong, but despite my penchant for casual danger dialogue, I'm aware that a battlefield isn't the place for long conversations. Grand Central Station is drawing close, but we've still got a ways to go.

"I was gonna steal it, but you beat me to the punch. They locked down the hangar the instant you took off. So I went with plan b, raided the labs on my way out. Nabbed a prototype or two."

IC:

Rebekah concluded, after witnessing the impact of her projectiles, that RPGs were not sufficient of sufficient volume to cause enough damage. Firing off one more shot with each she discarded the now empty launchers, drawing instead the minigun from where it was stowed at the small of her back. She took aim at the reactor on the Hydra's leader's chest, and opened fire.

A hail of bullets unleashed themselves upon the target, the weapon's ammunition replenished every few- sets of twenty, to be exact- seconds in a flare of violet light, timed so that the barrage never lightened.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"HEY BEKAH YOU SHOULD COME BY MY DORM FOR BREAKFAST AFTER THIS WE CAN HAVE BREAKFAST AND TALK ABOUT HOW YOU'RE KIND OF OVERPREPARED FOR EVERY SITUATION EVER!"

He wasn't sure how well he could make himself heard over the minigun, but he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he didn't try.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"There might be. I skipped town as soon as I broke into the lab. Government apparently took possession of all of the old Enforcer gear after they dissolved MACE, so the ENFs are probably gathering dust in a facility somewhere."

IC:

The Ultimate did not give any outward indication of having heard.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Michael

"Oh really?" responded the former Enforcer with a sly smile. "Do you really think I'd get caught so easily?"

His footsteps rang against the concrete ground as he stepped forth, eyes intently gazing upon the sight that was New York City's famous Grand Central Station. He associated certain fond memories with it, from the earliest of McKnight family vacations (in which he had to save his little brother from falling onto the tracks) to his first meeting with his elusive superior (he wondered what had happened to the man sometimes). It symbolised something for him, and like so many other people across the world, whether they be native New Yorkers or visitors to the proud city, it was truly a signature aspect, especially with the loss of the Statue of Liberty due to the combined efforts of HYDRA and ... well, his actions.

And now he would be responsible for damaging another New York monument.

Michael rose his left wrist to his mouth, revealing the strange-looking and retroesque communicator attached to it. It was his hope that nobody found out what he would do today.

Besides Jayne, but that was obvious.

"JIBRAAIYL! IT'S SHOWTIME!"

He'd reignited his interest in the robot shows of his youth during his time recuperating. All the Japanese cartoons he had torrented were rather helpful, and stealing a catchphrase or two never hurt.

Slowly and surely, the walls of the station collapsed, revealing a dusty machine embedded within. It was not a majestic figure; battlescars and dulled paint were evident on its silicone frame. But as it pushed away the rubble with the yawn of an awaking engine, grand feet scratching against the ground to rise, it was evident that this machine was powerful. It was a survivor of many conflicts, a weapon that had served its master well in all aspects. And now, after a long sleep, it was here to fight once again.

A titanic hand reached out for a nearby lance, grabbing it while its joints creaked and slamming it into the earth, shattering the concrete and allowing for the mechanical giant to pull itself to its complete height. Blue and silver from top to bottom, everything about it screamed professionalism and strength. Even in its slightly decrepit state, this was still one of the greatest feats of engineering produced by the American Dream.

This was Jibraaiyl.

This was the trumpeter.

This ... was the Archangel of the Apocalypse.

Betwixt these rockie pillars Gabriel sat
Chief of the Angelic guards...
He ended, and the Son gave signal high
To the bright minister that watch'd, he blew
His trumpet, heard in Oreb since perhaps
When God descended, and perhaps once more
To sound at general doom. 
- John Milton, Paradise Lost.

IC:

"Good to see you back, bossman." My voice drifted, no doubt, over the Jibraaiyl's comms. My headset was tuned to the old frequency, after all. Seeing Michael back in the game was great, and you've got no idea how thankful I am for the heavier support. But it made me miss Sieg a little. "Any chance you can give me a lift back to the fight?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Well the Skull didn't seem to have any new powers, or fancy shielding tech, or even incoming reinforcements. He was, to all intents and purposes, the world's largest target.

And that was a whole world of opportunity.

Everyone else was focusing on his head. It was sort of his signature after all. Guy name's himself after how his own face looks you can get all kinds of Freudian on him. But Persephone had something different in mind. 

Flying down from her hiding spot, she landed behind the Skull, by his ankles. Well, under his ankles, technically, as his super-sized feet put them several metres over her head. And then she turned her plasma blasts on him, trying to blaze through his armour to get to the Achilles Tendon beneath it. He may have been toughxenough, or dense enough, to be taking whatever was thrown at him, but Persephone wanted to make sure he couldn't run, and would have no choice but to lie there and take it like a good little massive war criminal

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

I don't have to think about getting up there. One year doesn't wipe away years of practice, as my body proved when I hopped up on the hand and used a few convenient handholds to pull myself up towards the cockpit. 

"Sentinel head?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Katherine 

I don't want to fight. 

A knife went right behind the kneecap. 

I don't want more blood. 

A slash on the forehead, the blood dripped down and blinded the assailant. 

I just wanted to find a way to live. 

Yet here she was, grappling on the rooftop, as she kicked yet another Hydra assailant away from her. Unfortunately the kick caused him to stumble off the rooftop. Katherine didn't dare look down to the see the result. She hadn't wanted to kill, she had done everything she could to avoid this fight, but no matter what she tried she seemed to continue get roped back into fights. She wanted to find a new way of living, for her own only brought death. 

When the battle had started, Katherine had stayed inside at first. Others could fight off Red Skull, they had before and they would again. Last time she had tried to fight the situation had merely escalated. And besides didn't the good guys always win?

And I'm not a good guy. 

Then the furry red creature blew up and Katherine found herself dragged into ######. 

Another knife came into sight. 

I don't want to kill. 

No time, her glock was drawn and a shot was fired in her opponent's knee. 

Why? Why? Why?

The assailant stumbled, and another gunshot hit him in the chest. 

How do I stop the flow of blood?

Katherine had been raised as a tool, no a weapon, of war. Killing felt all too natural to her body, and it seemed all to difficult to try and take another route. When she found herself in ######, Katherine found herself with little choice but to draw her bow and find the high ground. As the sounds of battle roared around her, a part of Katherine's mind began to settle and she found her shaky weariness settling. 

She could trust her aim again and thus the rooftops were her best bet for finding a way to end this conflict without adding too much more blood to her hands. An arrow here and there, attempts to find ways to incapacitate and shots fired to protect innocents under attack. Katherine had been doing everything in her power to minimize the loss of life. But of course it wasn't easy and she rapidly drew the attention of Hydra agents who began attack her on the rooftop.

But.

Finally another path had reared his big, ugly, red head.  

Maybe.

With his death the fighting would end. One more death added to her hands was still better than the rest of her option. Thus Katherine found herself running along the rooftops, as she circled behind the massive giant. The behemoth who was causing so much pain for her and this city. 

Just a few left. 

Katherine drew two of her last trick arrows. At this point nothing more than mementos from her days with the Enforcers. The first shot fired was her electro-arrow, fired at a small chink in his armor's joint in an attempt to either short circuit the suit or the pilot within. However this was to merely provide an opening for the second arrow following close behind. A rocket-arrow designed to do as much damage as possible. 

These were the last two of their kind that Katherine owned, and this was her last chance at doing major damage. 

There's only one shot. I will end this bloodshed. 

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Johnathan saw it coming a mile away. Red Skull was getting overwhelmed. Now he was trying to flee. Giving it everything he had with his repulsor blasts as the giant attempted to leave the scene.

“No you don’t…” John said as he kept up a continuous steam of blasts from his stolen metal Hydra hand.

Ashlynn Summers slid to a stop next to John behind his cover. The Ultimate mutant looked over at the redheaded vampire and smiled.

“Bout time you showed up.” He winked at her.

“Better late than never,” Ashlynn said as she fired off some shots at Red Skull, even if she knew it would be useless.

-----

Jennifer didn’t let up with her sniper fire now that it seemed Red Skull was trying to retreat. She’d seen how he’d been destroying those Arch Angels but now it seemed he knew he couldn’t win. She fired off more sniper shots at the back of his head.

“Terrance! How’s it going down there?” she asked.

There was no response.

In fact Terrance was busy; attempting to do something either incredibly stupid or brave. It hadn't been hard to find Jennifer's personal air craft where she'd left it on the rooftop. Terrance knew he needed the firepower and he was going to get it, he slipped inside and quickly closed the hatch before reaching for the controls.

Jennifer heard an engine and looked up to see her personal air craft lift in the sky. But who could be inside piloting it?

“TERRANCE!” she screamed over the com at the vigilante.

Terrance turned the com off as he hit the thrusters, the vehicle flying towards Red Skull’s back. He fired up the guns on the vehicle and began to blast at Red Skull's back as he flew in closer.

“You’re not getting out of this alive Skull.” Terrance said as he throttled the engines forward, attempting to smash directly into the fleeing giant’s back where he knew his life would be over in an instant upon impact. He was ready to loose his life, if it meant there was a chance he could bring the giant down.

-----

Hydra soldiers in the area were doing their best to try to stop the X-Men and SHIELD agents in the area from bringing down Red Skull. Using her borrowed sonic powers Christine was doing her best to keep them down, crushing and flinging them away with walls of sonic energy.

Quinn was right beside her, unleashing shards of bone into any Hydra soldier around he could see. It seemed like Red Storm was on the ropes, it could be the battle was turning in their favor.

Edited by FleX-Man

Ic:

Elsewhere, Kristen Hailey paused to watch the battle. She had been combing through the city, trying to find anyone still in the buildings. She could fight, if she really wanted to. She knew how. The knowledge never left her mind. The trick was that she had yet to try fighting with her replacement arm. Her balance would be off.

Or was she just saying that? It had been a year... She was pretty adjusted to it now.

Who was she trying to fool...? After all, Not helping felt... Wrong. Helping would kill her...

Kristen did the stupid thing and began to search for a weapon.

Beter to fight and die, rather than living with the knowledge that I ran...

IC: Ashley

"Alright..." Ashley nodded, she hesitated for a moment. She thought it over for a moment, if she was going to talk about Dallas she wanted to do it the right way. 

"He's a very free spirit, also kind and caring. Not just because he's empathic. I think he just naturally feels for people, always has. He has no problem goofing around and just being silly, I think that's why we get along so well." She let out a giggle. "He doesn't have a taste for violence either, but he's willing to fight to protect those he cares about. I think it really hurts him...he feels what everyone else feels, even his enemies..." She rubbed her arms together.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Peter

Seeing the Red Skull beginning to fall, Peter tried as hard as he could to increase the pull of gravity around the giant.

He didn't know just how much he would do though.

IC: Reyson

"... No?"

Reyson didn't know what to think.

He did think the Skull's judgment was... Questionable at times.

But it was him who had welcomed the wayward dimension-hopper after he had arrived in this world.

He even had given him HYDRA resources to fix his teleportation machine, indirectly giving him the chance to see his homeworld, as well as all of his other beloved universes, one last time.

For that, Vincent Zai was grateful.

But Reyson Tsui?

HYDRA had always been a mere alliance of convenience to him. He would only have remained with them for the short term; in the end, their goals simply didn't align.

HYDRA wanted to rule the civilized world. Reyson wanted to destroy it.

HYDRA'S loyalty was to the Red Skull. Reyson's loyalty was to Gaea.

HYDRA exploited the use of Earth-damaging technologies.

Reyson detested their use, but played along, for the sake of his missions.

"Perhaps this is for the best..."

The Red Skull was dead. With the Hydra's head cut off, two more would take its place, but Reyson did not know if he could trust whoever those heads would be. Sarkissian? Zemo? Stark? Reyson didn't know them, and he didn't know if he wanted to.

And so Reyson simply turned his back on the Skull, and began walking.

Where to, he didn't know.

Activating his portal device, he stepped into the dimensional gateway...

IC: Tokiomi

"The end of an era," Tokiomi muttered, whereever he was at the moment.

The SHIELD agent looked upon the buckling body of the terrorist leader with a twinge of... Sadness?

But that sadness soon shifted into a smile of opportunity.

"One hundred years worth of history, ready to he taken, processed, archived..."

Johann Schmidt's mnemonic record, if Tokiomi would be able to contain it, would be the Crown Jewel of his collection.

And the prize would be doubly sweet if he could take the entire thing. Not just the bits and pieces from myriad, insignificant individuals that Vincent had nimbly thieved to create him.

This would be a true plunder, a bounty beyond all others Tokiomi had ever encountered. And if the gods so blessed him, even the Skull's mortal shell would be preserved. A blank slate, in which Tokiomi could paint whatever design he wished. A superweapon at his beck and call...

His eyes glazing over, drool starting to come from his mouth, Tokiomi began the fateful mnemonic extraction...

... But.

But what?

Something was holding him back. Something was making him hesitate.

What was it?

Was it conscience?

Was it the residual traces of Vincent Zai, calling out to Tokiomi in his supposedly dormant state?

Or was it...

Fear?

Fear of if the process went wrong?

Fear of biting off more than he could chew?

Fear of the Skull's memories taking over his mind, displacing and erasing Tokiomi?l Nagato?

He had never done such a large transfer before that was for sure. To copy and paste an individual's entire life record into his own database... He couldn't be certain of the risks.

Doubly so considering the dangerous nature of this individual. If the memories gained from Johann Schmidt would take over the personality of Tokiomi Nagato...

Tokiomi was at a crossroads.

And he didn't know which road to take.

IC:

"That's... Not a clear answer. But alright." I commented, settling into a temporary position in the cockpit. Michael was right, it was cramped. Tighter than a rich guy's grip on his wallet. But I'm only here a few minutes, so it doesn't matter.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: She was staying at home, actually. The rest of her team was gathering, and the text message containing her orders was blinking on her phone. But she was staying at home–and what was funny was that she was probably more terrified than any of the Avengers in New York. Her gaze fell to the life she was cradling in her arms, her worried blue and purple eyes meeting dark blue orbs that for once didn't have a look of mischief in them. Her lips kissed his forehead.

She wasn't going.

Brando's face smoothed, features becoming softer and smile brightening. Out of impulse he leaned in and wrapped his arms around Natalie, putting his chin against her shoulder and kissing her cheek.

"We're gonna have a kid," he repeated.

"Yes. Yes, we are." She leaned against Brando, hands still on her stomach. "I'm g-going to b-be a mother..."

"And you know what? You'll be a good one."

She wasn't going for so, so many reasons. She was afraid, yes. She didn't want to lose Brando a second time–losing him once was enough, and to a certain extent she wanted to be there with him, so she could protect him, at least know what was happening to him, keep him safe– but... She had other priorities, and Brando could survive on his own.

"I d-don't know. I g-grew up in an orphanage, Brando... I d-don't know..."

"And my dad died in a plane crash. James' granddad burned alive, and so did Stark's father and Banner's father. Our parents don't define us, Nat. God help us if they did." Brando brushed hair softly away from Natalie's face. "You have a nice laugh. And a good head on your shoulders. And you have such a big heart. The kid's gonna be in good hands."

Clint was her child. He might have Brando's eyes and the same smartaleck nature, but... He was every bit as much hers as he was Brando's, and he wasn't going to grow up alone. She was going to stay here, going to watch Clint, going to hold him close to her and look into those dark blue eyes that were so, so close to his father's instead of going to help his dad–because she had to live. Her son was not going to grow up the same way she did. He was going to have at least one parent. And if that meant she had to stay home and keep herself safe instead of protecting her boyfriend... That was how it had to be.

She was not going.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Behind Katherine came running another person entirely. While normally in New York this person would be looked on with an amount of fear, right now all the idiots he might normally deal with were hiding away while he was at work. Sayf jumped from rooftop to rooftop, his old rifle out and at the ready. As Hydra agents started trying to attack the bow-wielding woman up ahead, Sayf aimed carefully, and started taking them down.

One shot centre mass.

One shot head.

One through the trachea.

Another in the bowels; follow up to the head, confirmed kill.

Sayf quickly came up to the same rooftop Katherine was on, and while she focused on her own target, he focused on protecting her. It'd been a long time since he'd seen any of his former comrades and he wasn't going to run the risk that one of them got killed if he was able to help it. Hopefully he'd be able to speak with them later.

IC:

Morrison, meanwhile, was taking advantage of some small flames that had started and was wreaking quite a bit of havoc upon Hydra forces. The best part? Nobody expected it to be the little fox hiding in the shadows that was doing it. After a moment he began running back to Dallas, who was still busy with evacuations, with a ball of flame following along behind him so that he could start another source fire if he needed to.

While battle rages

My duty will not be shirked

And death is my tool.

It is not for these terrorist s.

• Upvote 2

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Aella

I turned to look at Trinity, my face paler than normal. "N-Nothing! Nothing's going on! Everything is fine! DON'T PANIC!" I looked back at the window and let out a quick shriek. "Ignore the giant red man outside the window! HE'S NOT REAL!"

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar