• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Marvel, Rebirth:

marvel rpg game topic

• Please log in to reply
6858 replies to this topic

#6841 Offline Ichthys

Ichthys
  • Members
  • Toa

• 07-January 06
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted May 12 2015 - 11:57 PM

Captain Allergen stumbled- seeing the ugly features of the Red Skull had triggered something in him. Fuzzy memories, hazy recollections of who he once was began to come back to him. He leaned against a city wall and cupped his face in his hands.

"Uhhhh.... I think... I'm going... to write in my diary about this...." He slowly wandered back to his house.

21oyjaw.png

bluefish.jpg

One Way,

One Truth,

One Life

#6842 Offline Blair the Cat

Blair the Cat
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 07-November 12
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted May 13 2015 - 09:17 PM

IC:

"Knowing won't hurt him." Sierra said quietly, watching Ashley's internal struggle.

#6843 Offline Tyler St. Francis

Tyler St. Francis
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 22,257 posts
  •  

Posted May 17 2015 - 05:30 AM

IC: Leon Wang

"In recent news, former Great Lakes Avengers leader Mr. Immortal has been sighted performing charity work in Bangladesh."

"It's good to see that even after his retirement, the hero continues to act in the name of the common man."

"That I agree upon Dave. Now, to the weather: New York City will be suffering from Nazi blood showers in the next few days ..."

Leon turned off the TV, snuggling back into his couch.

Edited by Tyler St. Francis, May 17 2015 - 08:33 AM.

PERSONA: SEA OF DJINN [RPG/Discussion]

RPG PROFILES [BZPRPG/Marvel]

#6844 Online Riku Tryon

Riku Tryon
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,984 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2015 - 09:19 AM

IC:

In the streets of New York, amidst the carnage wrought by the now thoroughly-repelled attack, a lone Ultimate sat on a piece of rubble. If anyone had been around to see her, they would have seen something odd; she was sitting quite still, two fingers pressed to her left wrist, silently checking her vital signs. Elevated, quite high, actually, but she wasn't in any immediate danger.

Though she never would have admitted it, using such heavy weaponry so cavalierly taxed her body. She had sent her weapons back into hyperspace, and now she simply waited to feel that she had recovered sufficiently to move without arousing suspicion.

IC:

"Well. Guess we aren't needed." 

I commented to Michael, situated on the rooftop he'd only just finished putting me on when the giant Nazi basically exploded. Real messy, actually, but hey. Ding dong the witch is dead. Without much further said, I started dismantling the Buster mode I'd put the DN Arms into.

"So what've you been up to, Mike?"

f9QGmd9.jpg

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#6845 Offline Tyler St. Francis

Tyler St. Francis
  • Members
  • Destiny Fulfilled!

• 10-July 09
  • 22,257 posts
  •  

Posted May 18 2015 - 10:46 AM

IC: Michael

"Not dying."

PERSONA: SEA OF DJINN [RPG/Discussion]

RPG PROFILES [BZPRPG/Marvel]

#6846 Online Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 26-October 11
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted May 23 2015 - 01:08 AM

IC( Cynegild Picker - Congo Flashback):

Picker rummaged around through another of the stacked cardboard boxes, glancing over the contents of a sheaf of papers before sorting them, as quickly as he could, into two piles. In the old days, he knew, the really serious cults had kept their musings and their rituals and their surprisingly good fruitcake recipes on musty old scrolls, written in ink derived from a mixture of the blood of virgins (sometimes a junior cult member who had drawn the short straw, more often someone less sanguine about their exsanguination) and the nearest available substitute for oak gall. These days, they'd either photocopied the old scrolls or used the very same set of straws to choose the cultist whose job it would be to sit down at a word processor and manually copy the blasted things, resulting in six stacks of cardboard boxes that had been very neatly labelled in a language Cynegild couldn't read, the stacks of coffee-stained copy paper he was now shuffling through, and more paper cuts than he would ever admit.

One of the stacks he was sorting objects into rested atop a small pile of leathery tomes, titled in languages he (and the majority of the cultists) couldn't read and worth their age, rather than their weight, in gold. The other stack was on the floor, next to a matchbox and a canister of kerosene, and had more to do with philosophical ramblings than anything particularly useful. After a quick but thorough search of the booth, the things that were useful to him had been stuffed into his pack, and the rest blazed merrily on the floor as he crept out from the booth, readying a bundle of explosives for the next part of the job.

OOC: Not sure I could do a scene involving the demolition of a large piece of a structure justice right now, so I'm cutting off here. I'll come back to it later.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

I am most definitely a mad man with a blog.

#6847 Online Aikuro Mikisugi

Aikuro Mikisugi
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 12,555 posts
  •  

Posted May 23 2015 - 09:11 AM

IC:

"Everyone else," Dallas blurted suddenly, "are they alright!? Did...ack...anyone hurt?"

"Aside from the obvious?" His Ultimate self-frenemy rolled his eyes derisively. "Nah. You're the only one dinged up with worse than a few cuts, least I know. Bekah was right after all. Nobody died."

"Huh." A small slant of a grin forced its way through the pain. 

"I don't like your ###### face," declared the only other person with Dallas' face in the room. "Stop smiling."

"Sorry. I just think it's good for you." 

"Smiling?"

"Sure. But her, too."

"Stop."

"Have you talked to her?"

"Stop.Showstopper looked stricken.

"I think you'd be really cute together," Dallas said sincerely. "She makes you smile."

"Euthanize him," the Ultimate told Alecto, whose neck was breaking itself in and out of place ,so quickly was he turning between the two incarnations of Dallas.

"So you haven't talked to her? C'mon. If anyone's earned some happiness, it's me. You. Us. How do you know she doesn't feel the same way?"

"There's no way to feel," insisted Showstopper defensively, pulling up his sweater to disguise a faint tinge of red in his eyes and cheeks.

"I think I recognize my own pendant," he said cheekily.

"Tell you what. I'm going to erect a suggestion box." Showstopper put both fists together and raised his middle fingers to form an open half-rectangle. "If you have some suggestion on how to live my life, place it here, and I'll get to it at my earliest convenience."

"No time like the present, dude." Dallas beamed weakly.

"Dude. Whatever, dude.Showstopper's attempt at sounding snide vanished as he tapped the frame of the door twice. Dallas craned his head as far as he could through the pain in his arm and shoulder, just enough to be rewarded with the sight of Dallas Green groaning through his teeth and pulling out his phone while he left.

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi, May 23 2015 - 09:21 AM.

i think i should teach you a few things about your body

#6848 Offline Havelock Vetinari

Havelock Vetinari
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted May 23 2015 - 09:32 AM

IC (Alecto)

Alecto rubbed his neck, noting that even if that slight ache developed into whiplash, witnessing that exchange had been totally totally worth it. With one raised eyebrow, Alecto turned too the wounded 'twin' with respect and something approaching frank admiration in his eyes. "And actually, this is a non-kill shelter. So I'll just be getting Borzoi here a shot of Vodka instead. Kay?" Alecto turned back to Showstopper with wide smirk on his face. "Think he's earned it." Alecto, still supporting the wounded man, then rounded a corner.

"This is my floor. Just need to make it to the apartment now. Then we'll get you patched up. And get you some victory vodka. It's the best kind. Trust me."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

#6849 Online Aikuro Mikisugi

Aikuro Mikisugi
  • Members

• 28-July 08
  • 12,555 posts
  •  

Posted May 23 2015 - 09:33 AM

IC:

Alaric Carlisle was combining two of his favorite things: watching the news from the couch and drinking.

He did these things well.

-Tyler

#6850 Offline Havelock Vetinari

Havelock Vetinari
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted May 23 2015 - 09:46 AM

IC (Borte Khan)

It was at this point Borte Khan, hair tied up into a neat bun and robes in perfect order, calmly strolled into the room. She paused for a moment, to take in the current story in the never-ending news cycle, then made her way to the cabinet. Moments later she'd poured herself a glass of quality bourbon, and quietly acquired a seat for herself. 

She had not made a single comment during the entire affair. 

Edited by Havelock Vetinari, May 23 2015 - 09:48 AM.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

#6851 Offline Lara Croft

Lara Croft
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disk of the Archivists Acquired

• 07-April 03
  • 8,935 posts
  •  

Posted May 23 2015 - 11:23 PM

IC: Abigail

People ran, people screamed, people shouted. It was chaos everywhere, buildings were ablaze or in pieces, usually a combination of the two. Police, national guard, and SHIELD swarmed the streets, hard at work hunting down any remaining HYDRA soldiers and other threats such as looters. 

The short, redheaded vampire known as Abigail stood out among the chaos, walking with an rather carefree manner as people ran in the opposite direction. It wasn't everyday you got to see such chaos, though it seemed common enough in New York City. 

She was actually hoping she'd run into an agent of HYDRA, she was kind of hungry. 

IC: Ashley

"Yeah...I suppose you're right..." Ashley stared at the remote, after what seemed like an eternity of indecisiveness, she picked it up and turned on the TV. What she saw wasn't quite as horrible as she'd imagined, but it was still pretty bad. When she saw the images of a gigantic Red Skull she nearly gasped, but felt relief when it was revealed that the red giant had been taken down. It seemed it was over.

She just hoped that meant Dallas and the others were coming home, safe and sound. 

Edited by Lara Croft, May 23 2015 - 11:25 PM.

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth

540_rotator.jpg

#6852 Offline Havelock Vetinari

Havelock Vetinari
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted May 23 2015 - 11:50 PM

IC (Leon)

Leon stumbled away from Times Square, clutching his nose, trying to stem the bleeding. Part of his mind was wondering just what the mechanics were behind bleeding in vampires, considering most of their blood was...donated. Heck. The blood in Leon's system wasn't even human. He made do with deer. Easy to hunt. Plentiful. And most importantly, legal. In certain seasons at least. The other parts of his mind were mostly focused on making sure his wasn't broken. This seemed to be a more pressing concern. 

His senses, being mostly occupied by the steady tide of blood flowing out of his nose, completely failed to pick up Abigail's carefree approach. 

#6853 Offline Lara Croft

Lara Croft
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 07-April 03
  • 8,935 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2015 - 12:13 AM

Abigail was in fact being a little too carefree, and didn't notice Leon until they collided into each other. "Ack!"

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth

540_rotator.jpg

#6854 Online Ymper Trymon

Ymper Trymon
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 26-October 11
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2015 - 12:34 AM

OOC: Haha, I should post more often if it means all of you will get posts in soon after.

IC(Cynegild Picker - Congo Flashback):

Cynegild had not quite stepped out of the booth when he staggered, grasping at a railing as he felt the floor beneath his feet rocked by the first in a series of thunderous detonations that moved across the opposite side of the stadium, kicking up a pale cloud of dust as the timed charges pounded the structure in rapid succession, rolling the thunder of the blasts through the stadium and across the city, shaking the earth and nearly deafening Cynegild for several seconds after the last bomb had gone off.

There was a moment of eerie stillness afterwards as the dust lingered, and, for that moment, it seemed as though the blasts had failed to bring down the targeted portion of the stadium.

It was not to last. As gravity took a firm hold on the damaged structures, a full third of the stadium crackled and crumbled, sagging inwards as the surviving support structures snapped under a weight they had never been designed to hold alone. The dust cloud grew as the stadium collapsed, rolling out across the field in a choking fog. The ground shook more violently than before, throwing Cynegild from his feet as car alarms across the city erupted into a violent cacophony, triggered by the collapse.

Slowly regaining his feet, unsteady in a world that still felt as though it were in the midst of an earthquake, Cynegild looked out over the field, and could only just make out the sacrificial altar through the concrete haze that was, for now, the only visible remains of the demolished section of the stadium. It seemed to be constructed of some black stone, and its form was that of four raised pillars adjoining the corners of a single raised platform. A slight shimmer through the dust implied the presence of a metallic inlay on the platform, but he could not make out more. Leaning heavily on the railing with his good hand, Cynegild made his way down the stands towards the field as quickly as he could, while the world around him was still catching its breath.

-- (Drachentocht) --

In the back alley where the walking wounded did battle with the Brothers of the Yellow Sign and their monstrous allies, the earth shook, thunder roared, and the cultists faltered in their steps, taken off-balance by this sudden development. The Dragon's Daughter, however, had planned this - she knew it was coming, and when the enemy balked at the sound of a demolition crew earning their pay, she knew her side was winning, and she and her mercenaries saw their chance to press the attack against the enemy before them. Roaring her defiance in the face of her enemies, she took the nearest of the cultists with her knife, opening his throat before he had fully processed what the thunder had meant, and leaving him in a pool of his own blood as she charged forth, firing from the hip at the remaining hostiles in the alley.

They moved uncertainly now; uncertain of their victory, uncertain of their orders, uncertain of the lives of their leaders. Though some tried to rally their comrades and push back against the mercenaries they had thought would be easy, wounded prey, the majority shuffled backwards, not knowing what to do but leaning towards running for their lives.

A faint crackle served as the only prelude to shouting coming through over the radios the cultists carried. The words were unintelligible, but the voice carried an edge of panic. It was all that was needed to turn the uncertain, shuffling retreat into a full rout as the cultists turned tail and fled, robes trailing behind them, and the winged beasts that served them took to the skies with a maddened bellow, winging over the city towards the source of the thunder.

Turning to her comrades, Drachentocht gestured briefly, and then took off at a jog after the winged beasts, ignoring the broken and scattered remains of the small army of cultists that now ran in any direction that took them away from her.

Gentlemen, fooling you once with this trick was an honor. Twice was a privilege. It's been a pleasure.

I am most definitely a mad man with a blog.

#6855 Offline Havelock Vetinari

Havelock Vetinari
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2015 - 03:57 PM

IC (Leon)

"OH FUC-"

Leon didn't precisely squeal in pain, but the sound he made could be mistaken for it. He hunched over, holding already abused nose as more blood flowed from it. Nazis. Jenna reuniting with someone who was probably just as insane as she was. Getting snarked at by some wannabe comedian with bat wings.

All in one day.

One day he'd figure out just what he'd done to deserve all this. 

#6856 Offline Lara Croft

Lara Croft
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 07-April 03
  • 8,935 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2015 - 04:20 PM

Abigail rubbed her head, letting out an annoyed groan as she did. The nerve of this guy, running into her like that, why she outta- Wait, what smells like deer?

She looked up, actually getting a good look at Leon.

"Oh hey! You're that guy that was with Jenna!"

Edited by Lara Croft, May 24 2015 - 04:21 PM.

540_rotator.jpg

#6857 Online Aikuro Mikisugi

Aikuro Mikisugi
  • Members

• 28-July 08
  • 12,555 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2015 - 04:52 PM

IC:

110 seconds ago.

"I'm taking her to Dairy Queen. Anyone here know what kind of Blizzard to get a gal?"

Six guns started to fire. Five missed.

Aleks, recognizing the necessity of dropping the iPhone to free up his hands, took a knee behind the door and slid it back down the hallway he had taken to get here, a movement which saved his life - above him, the shrieking sound of slugs halting inside metal peppered the door and his eardrums without mercy or pause. On the other side of the flimsy shield, he could hear the Hydra mook he'd shot dying noisily; apparently, the gunshots he'd managed to eke out wounded on the ground were the last movements he'd been able to manage. To the best of the mercenary's knowledge, nothing was taking his place. That left four, all but one of whom wore powered exoskeletons. These odds were still miserable, and fighting on the open rooftop of an apartment building would only leave him torn to shreds. 

He could always just hunt them.

Ooh.

Aleks turned tail and ran, deeper into the hallways. Only the operative without armor followed him on foot; the rest took to flight, clearly angling to glimpse him through any windows, and none was wearing a helmet. Excellent. As good as he'd hoped, in fact - it still left him precious little time to prepare, but at least he didn't have to worry about trying to place an additional three lucky shots under heavy Iron Man fire. In a narrow apartment building's hallway, there would have been no room for him to dodge if he was flanked, and the fact that three were drifting to catch him from the other side meant that Aleks could simply play a little game of...what had Matt called it? Pickle. Yes. A little game of pickle. Or...

When the Hydra soldier passed by the stairwell, Aleks used the tried-and-true method of dropping a handful of change from his wallet down the stairwell, creating a telltale clinkclinkclink that was sure to draw attention in the thick quiet of the hallway. He almost thought he would have to do it again - and lose another dollar twenty worth of quarters - when the commando doubled back and poked the gun's barrel tentatively through the stairwell. Five feet up, crouched on his heels, Aleks Belikov had to suppress a laugh. Oh, isn't this just precious? An M4! In a tight corner with nowhere to turn! Red Skull was truly the most Hogan's Heroes-###### Nazi that had ever graced the real world. Truly.

After a quick prayer to the First Date Gods (since he'd long given up on any of the major ones) he leaped the thick metal rail and landed behind his quarry, three stairs and a world of competence separating Russian and German. The first thing to do was to allow him the time necessary to turn around and investigate the muffled landing behind him, which gave Aleks an in to grab the rifle's forend, duck under it, and pin it against the wall. Right arm splayed open and left arm flailing at the side of his head, the Russian got in close for three short, sharp knees to the solar plexus.

The commando, perhaps hoping for some backup from someone else in the building, began to fire his gun uselessly and wildly; the vibrations sent Aleks' ears ringing and made his arm jitter, so he focused himself on a rare use of his power and allowed the colorless concrete wall to coil itself in a makeshift semi-circular bar around the gun's barrel and stock, removing it from the equation and forcing the Hydra goon to relinquish his hold. Aleks hadn't anticipated that he would regain his breath or poise so quickly, though, and the left to the side of his head came unawares. The railing behind him felt perilously close to his back. Time to improvise a li--

OOF

perfect

Aleks let the punch take him backwards over the railing and used his power again to create little fingerholds, not unlike the rock wall in the Westchester gym. They were tiny, and only gave him purchase with four fingertips on each hand, but he only needed the distraction for the good ten seconds it would take the man to round the stairwell and look for his body. Round, and round, creeping closer, until--

OOF

--Aleks threw all his weight and the last bit of wiggle room he had in his fingertips into sticking a landing on the stairwell; his legs had started up crouched, to avoid landing on the stairwell, but as he narrowed in on his target he stretched his legs out languidly for a sweeping kick to the chest. The angle was nearly just right; it wasn't enough to shatter anything, but the commando had been rounding the stairs at a 45 degree angle, allowing Aleks a good shot at the ribs and right pectoral. The German landed against the wall for support while Aleks caught himself against the railing (risking spinal injury from a bad landing post-kick would have taken all the wind out of his momentum) and crouched.

When he turned, ready to aim a blow at someone his height, he found Aleks in that same crouch, arms outstretched.

When the commando tilted his hip and put one foot forward at the same 45 degree angle for a cross, Aleks was ready for the grab.

When the prey realized he was in the middle of an impromptu, makeshift suplex over the rail, he screamed.

Belikov turned and put both hands on the rail, ready to spring over, but saw his work being done for him; the commando had hit his head on the rail, jerked, landed on the next flight down, and rolled onto the pile of rubble that was once the fourth floor stairwell. He didn't move after that.

My jaw hurts. That left had smoked him hard. He had to get out of here before anyone with power armor completed their sweep of the building and figured out he'd never left. The Russian mercenary paused only once - to free the M4 - before heading back out onto the roof and sending out a dispatch:

Hotel roof is clear for now. Red Skull dead. SHIELD's job from here, kids. Get the plane airborne and up here. Aleks. He plucked the comm unit out of his ear and went to drop it on top of the phone in his pocket when he realized there was no phone in his pocket. That led to about a minute of wildly chasing around the rooftop for a white iPhone 5. 

How can I kill a man so efficiently in under two minutes but have a hard time finding a searing white iPhone with a searing bright touchscreen on an unlit rooftop? Heh. I've spent too long around high schoolers.

When he finally found it behind the roof, it took him another couple seconds to discern that the screen wasn't cracked, and, mortified, he caught himself making a quiet "whoo-hoo!" sound when he confirmed it wasn't.

DEFINITELY too long around high schoolers.

Heh.

He ducked back inside, facing the bullet-riddled door, and called up his most recent contact. Called, this time. Whether she was awake or not...he doubted it. Maybe she'd wake up to him. He understood that appealed to a lot of people.

"Tera Laurent!" he exclaimed, playing up his natural, seldom-used Russian accent in that way he knew she liked/hated. "I have yet again survived insurmountable enemy odds on behalf of the X-Men. This year's crippling injury is the loss of both my hands, but fear not! In honor of our date, I have watched many and more of your country's Evil Dead movies, and through great trials and errors I have grafted ice cream scoops to both my ruined wrists! I believe this is great preparation for our date, yes? I call you, yes? G R E A T! I call you! Happy New Year!"

Maybe it would be happy after all.

-Tyler

#6858 Offline Havelock Vetinari

Havelock Vetinari
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2015 - 08:58 PM

IC (Leon)

Leon, still cradling his nose, looked up. ".....And you'd be the teenager we found in Lynae's chambers. Small world." A look of sudden concern flashed across Leon's face. "You really shouldn't be outside right now. City....is not in good shape." It was...something of an understatement all told.

Edited by Havelock Vetinari, May 24 2015 - 09:02 PM.

#6859 Offline Lara Croft

Lara Croft
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 07-April 03
  • 8,935 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2015 - 10:05 PM

"I can handle myself, I'm older than I look." She crossed her arms, sizing Leon up. "Not sure about you though, you look like a wreck."

540_rotator.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users