Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Aella

The first couple days after Red Skull's death had been rough. Aella had been more than a little jaded from the whole experience, but her mood improved as the week went by and they arrived on the Helicarrier. The fact that they'd actually flown in some sort of flying machine all the way to the even bigger flying machine in the sky had made Aella's heart almost burst from excitement. Tera had found herself bombarded with endless questions, and the SHIELD staff got similar treatment, since they seemed to know more about the place than Tera. She also had a tendency to wander off and explore the Helicarrier, it was very big and Aella wanted to see it all, especially the areas that were restricted, why wouldn't they let her see them? 

Another problem that had come up was physical examinations. Aella really didn't like needles, stethoscopes, IVs, doctors, or examination rooms. In other words they'd found it impossible to give her a check up, but they kept on insisting she'd have to sooner or later. She didn't really like those people.

Today was the day it seemed they would force the issue. Luckily Aella had overheard them talking about it, and had therefore snuck away. She'd found a spot she particularly liked, an open area on the outside of the carrier with only a railing to stop her from jumping off and trying to touch one of the clouds. She swore they looked tasty, like those marshmallows. 

Edited by Lara Croft
  • Upvote 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Aaaaaaella."

Tera knew she should have been careful what she wished for, when she found herself wanting something to do. Lo and behold, less than an hour later, the other girl was missing. Given that she hadn't heard a commotion, she could safely say that Aella hadn't gone anywhere she wasn't supposed to go. She wasn't in any of her usual haunts (cafeteria, TV room, etc), so the pacifist was branching out in her search. 

Having checked most of the interior decks that they were allowed on, she was now starting to check the exterior deck.

"Aella? You out here?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

When Aella heard Tera calling her she nearly shrieked, but she relaxed once she realised it was Tera, as long as it wasn't one of the doctors, she didn't need to bolt. She spotted Tera in the distance and waved at her. "Hey Tera I'm over here!" She called from where she was leaning against the railing, rather carelessly at that, heights didn't bother her at all. 

IC:

"Ah, there you are." Headed in the direction of Aella's voice, Tera arrived within a few moments to see her leaning carelessly against the railing that deparated her from a very long, very abrupt fall. On the bright side, Tera had found her.

On the other hand, she had yet to learn too much about the concept of danger.

"... Aella, step back from the railing, you're gonna fall."

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"Huh?" Aella looked down from the railing, then back up at Tera. She giggled. "No way I'd fall! This railing is so sturdy! It doesn't budge!" She tried to shake the railing, but it proved immobile. She then looked back towards the clouds whisfully.

"I don't know why, but I feel like I could leap off and fly to that cloud over there! Are you sure they aren't made of marshmallows?" She looked at Tera. 

IC:

"So they can run tests to make sure there's nothing wrong with you, check your vitals, and make sure you're healthy." Tera commented, leaning on the metal hull of the ship behind her. "They're not going to do anything bad, and you'll be done in maybe half an hour."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Tera's reassurance was helping to ease Aella a little, but she was still afraid to have the check up. Too many bad memories plagued her mind. She fidgeted a bit, reaching around and trying to scratch at her upper back, between her shoulder blades, they'd been irritating her lately, though she wasn't going to admit it. 

"Why can't you just do it?" She'd much rather Tera did the check up then some scary doctor. 

Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy

IC:

"Because my medical skills are limited to first aid and basic care. Anything else is me making it up as I go along." Tera replied patiently, smiling reassuringly. "So I don't have the knowledge necessary. They have to do it. But they're not bad people, and they're not going to hurt you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

What Tera was saying made sense but...the fear wouldn't go away. She quivered a bit, a feeling of dread coming over her. "I'll go...but you have to come with me!" 

Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy

IC:

"Okay." Tera gestured towards the door, placing one hand on Aella's shoulder... Both as reassurance, and insurance. Tracking her down the first time had taken nearly half an hour. 

"Shall we go, then? Or do you want some time to steel yourself first?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

Ic:

Elsewhere, Trinity was still around. Unlike Aella, she wasn't much more complacent with the doctor's examinations- particularly on where exactly she drew power on. No active mutant gene, or some sort of cosmic macguffin that she drew power on, so there was one last explanation for her powers.

"Magic," Sam had said, with clenched jaw and a firm nod. Her recovery from the base assault had taken longer than the magician had anticipated, but as soon as she learned of Trinity's unique powers, she was immeaditely giving Trinity a number of magic-limit tests.

"This girl is dripping with magic. What she's doing? I could never do in my wildest dreams. And you say she doesn't exist in the records?" Sam asked. After her tests, she immediately began to question the doctors who had been conducting the more mundane- yet still important -medical tests. They'd also been dodging her questions.

"Basically?"

Sam didn't offer a reply- she was off to find the nearest person in charge.

"I-I'm trying to relax...I..." Aella took a deep, nervous breath. "...my body won't cooperate...I can't stop...shaking..." Aella believed Tera when she said the doctors wouldn't hurt her but her own body was fighting against it, it was almost instinctual. 

IC: Krystal

Krystal was strolling down the hall of the helicarrier, save for the tail and ears, looking like a pretty ordinary woman at her workplace. While that couldn't have been further from the truth, sometimes it was nice to think that. Whatever was on her mind was interrupted as she saw Sam coming down the hall. 

"Hey Sam, you find out what you wanted to know about that girl?" 

Ic:

Sam skidded to a halt, barely able to make such a quick stop without sliding.

"Yes-" she said, and without catching for breathe began to lapse into an explanation.

"This girl- or whatever she actually is -is casaba of magic on a scale Ive never seen before. Not only that, but she's capable of using it instantly, at whim, whenever she pleases. What tops this? Your doctors say that there's no records on her. Thing is, someone like her would be instantly detected at birth- the concentration of focused magic would be almost like a beacon to anyone focusing -and nothing in her age range has ever been detected. I think she needs to be contained until we can discover her upper limits."

And this was the point that Sam started to breathe again.

Ic:

"She needs constant supervision, at least until she becomes more mature and learns how to control the power at her disposal," Sam said after several seconds of thinking. She paused for a moment, musing on her own suggestion, before speaking.

"Someone that isn't her... Compatriots. The other girl seems to be a handful, and the young woman seems to be already occupied with her. I personally fear that the clueless innocence she's displayed so far is a cover for something, like a wolf in-" Sam glanced at Krystal, worried that she might've offended the SHIELD agent.

"Ahem, like a feral beast in sheep's clothing."

Ic:

"I'm positive," Sam said with a nod, before elaborating, "I had her do a few little tests of my own- little tests that gage if someone has the capability to perform magic, as well as her innate ability. For the latter, she effectively broke the upper limit of the test. No mutant power, advanced technology, bracelets from space or other kinds of genetic modification, are capable of doing that."

IC:

What a beautiful day in sunny New York! The air was so crisp! Birds were singing! The sun was bathing entire apartment complexes in its glow! Times Square was set to reopen within the month! HYDRA had fallen! B E A U Tiful!

So it was especially cruel that Lacey Michelle Marko, age 22, was currently bemoaning her drunk texts from the previous night. as any 22 year old would.

Marko Yolo

2:22 am

heyyoo

Romulus Augustus

2:24 am

Hello Lacey.

Marko Yolo

2:24 am

gala's tomorrowwww. got me a dress and everything. i think alaric wants to ask me out

do you want to ask me out

take me to the gala

2:27 am

i'm watching cinderella

this preppy ######

Romulus Augustus

2:31 am

Are you asking me to the gala?

Marko Yolo

Ill be your best friend

###### haaawt

Romulus Augustus

2:32 am

Okay.

Marko Yolo

3:01 am

HAAAAAA

3:02 am

ric's dick is gonna explode

###### haaaawt

Marko Yolo

1:14 am

I HAVE A DATE

A DATE

FOR A VERY IMPORTNAT DATE

Mom

Lacey? What time is it, baby? Why are you awake?

Marko Yolo

Working

Mom

1:15 am

What have I told you about your hours?

Marko Yolo

1:15 am

This ani't aint Hellfire

working on this bottle of goose

1:17 am

i have a date

he loves me

Mom

1:19 am

What?

Marko Yolo

1:21 am

for the second annual gala

hes like a jijillion years old

and he's built like a dozen empires

his name's rom

Mom

And you asked him out in this state?

Marko Yolo

thats the best part

no

3:10 am

WON SMALL STEP FOR MANKIND

WON THE BIG LEAP

Mom

3:20 am

Get some sleep, Lace. I have work tomorrow.

Marko Yolo

3:39 am

###### cinderlella tho

Marko Yolo

3:41 am

###### turned a pumpkin into a beamer WHERE ARE MY PUMPKIN SEED CAR KEYS

Ric Carlisle

7:45 am

What?

Ohhhh, ###### her.

Lacey rubbed her forehead hard with her hand and reached for a bottle of Ric's cure-all coconut water, chugging it in a gulp, crushing the plastic between her thumb and forefinger, and grabbing another. She made it through a six-pack in the time it took her to reach the fridge and grab some eggs for breakfast.

While she was grabbing some eggs, her phone buzzed again.

Blake Clare retweeted your tweet

everyone home for the summer so lets not do nothin illegal

Buzz.

Blake Clare retweeted your tweet

IM THE KING OF POP IM BUILDIN NEVER NEVER LAND

As a means of escapism, she left her phone in the veggie draw of her apartment's fridge. Cracking the eggs one by one on her tile counter, she started digging around under the sink for a lid with a steam vent. It was only when she clasped it that, for some reason, her mind flashed back to one crucial part of the exchange.

Romulus Augustus

Are you asking me to the gala?

Marko Yolo

Ill be your best friend

###### haaawt

Romulus Augustus

2:32 am

Okay.

"WOOOOOOOOOOO--"

Five minutes later, at the coffee table...

"-OOOOOOOOOOOOO-"

In the shower...

"-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-"

Drying off...

"-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-"

Getting a bra on...

"-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-"

Texting Saphine...

-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

Texting Mom...

-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The headache and sore throat that her hungover battle yelp had required another three bottles of miracle coconut water, but she didn't regret a single sip. Ohh, she couldn't wait to see Ric's face...

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz
  • Upvote 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Ic:

Kristen Hailey was never really a happy person. Sure, she had ups every so once and a while, but her life's story seemed to be the result of simply a train of unfortunate events, mishaps, tragedies, mistakes, and brutal failures. If she believed in fate, she would've lamented that it had the writing skills of some obscure paperback edgy-teen writer. In any case, most of the civilized world took the death of the Red Skull in stride. Some people partied until they were so drunk on hooch that they lost the ability to properly function. Some people were filled with hope and joy. Some people were just flat-out relieved.

Kristen Hailey didn't really feel anything about the whole affair, other than a twinge of joy that all the X-Men made it out alive, and a flair of anger at the deceased tyrant and his organization. Ever since the X-Men returned home, she kept to herself, thinking about recent events and trying to figure out how to get her life in order. She showed up for meals, but when classes resumed she was still locked away in her room. Alone, per usual. So she was alone when she realized that she hadn't felt much about New York, and that needed to change. She figured, in her flawed, confusing sort of way, that the best way to change was to talk to someone, come clean about all her thoughts. What really happened with Walker, the guilt she felt, the madness of the voices that despite Ashlynn's best efforts- still managed to plague her dreams at night and eat away at the dull edges of her sanity.

So after this personal revelation, she tried to figure out who she could actually talk to- realizing that she didn't have any real friends, or the people she had considered friends didn't really want to talk to her, and the people wanting to talk to her weren't really interested in hearing what she wanted to say and instead were more interested in other things than cheap talk. This left her with one person, who had said once before she'd be willing to listen to Kristen...

Kristen knocked thrice upon Doc. Thomas's door, before folding her arms and waiting. She was dressed in what one could call her usual- A black men's v-neck, dark red and black pleated skirt that ended around her kneecaps, and black long socks. The usual. At least the red matched her eyes.

IC:

If anyone were to look for it, they'd find it empty. Her room, that is. No furnishings, girl, or cat. The only real evidence was in the walls. Their scars spoke of a creature, not a person, but that line was growing thinner all the time.

The collar was the most ironic and pitiful thing of all. To contain the physical beast meant to damage a fragile scrap of humanity. She couldn't help it, could she? It hurt to try, but more to fail at denying biological reality.

In truth, her outer shell would fail without renewal, and besides, she'd never eaten like this. Without its ferocity to shield her, she just couldn't kill for that. Eventually, though...

She leaned her head on her mother's shoulder, shaking.

It wouldn't come to that. Smiling despite her weariness, she gently touched the velvet texture of the mask.