Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Well, that was...frighteningly vague, bro."

IC:

"Is it? From a girl who regularly lets me pay for dinner, gas, and the shared Netflix account? Are hair care products really a stretch, Bekah?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Dal, buddy, I hacked the Enforcers and remotely disabled hundreds of Sentinels by taking advantage of a safety feature that required clearance from the director of the Enforcers to activate. And reverse-engineered, and guided, a dimensional portal that used to require a telepath to operate. In two weeks, give or take a few days."

Pause. Half grin.

"So what kind of patents do you think I have laying around?"

IC:

"You pay for those things because you invite me out. And the Netflix is because you decided to spare me the continued trouble of guessing it."

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"...J-Jesus, man."

Dallas was solemn as they walked into the cafeteria; he caught sight of Nero, currently the only one eating breakfast, and decided to drag Alex over and catch up with the wheelchair-bound werewolf once he'd filled a plate to eye level with bacon.

"You know, you gotta give it a break with the 2020s technology and ######. I think you helped Siri ascend on my iPhone, man. I was downloading Windows 10 on my laptop the other night and all of a sudden my iPhone goes -" and here Dallas adopted his best, most disaffected impersonation of a female voice "-am I interrupting something, Dallas? Why is this cheap tramp in our bed?"

IC:

"And the same argument could go for you using my shampoo to spare the trouble of...of...you're stealing my shampoo and I'll find proof alright."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

The technopath laughed. His plate, within a few minutes, was overloaded with bacon, sausage, and toast with a large mug of coffee already in hand. He gestured idly with his mug towards the pocket where Dallas had tucked away his phone, then took a long sip.

"Siri's a nice girl. Doesn't fit properly on an iPhone anymore, though. Had to give her some server space."

IC:

"Good luck."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"What have you done to my personal assistant?"

IC:

"Good lu--"

The leader of the Ultimate X-Men looked as though he'd been slapped for a moment before blinking incredulously and then frowning in reproach.

"You smug ######!"

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Am I gonna be Skynet's first casualty?"

IC:

"Not as much as this will."

Dallas Green swallowed the last of his pizza crust and disappeared under the booth, much like a black-headed, more svelte reincarnation of Jaws. The transdimensional shark breached the surface on the other side of the booth and quickly threw a haphazard arm around his best friend's shoulders. In his free hand was an iPhone, and his thumb moved at the same lightning speed as the trigger finger of a Gatling gun over the shutter button on the phone's camera.

"Instagram, here we come! You earned this, Bek!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"N o," Was the mole, unaccustomed to flash photography's, reaction. Too slow to prevent the picture, she was nevertheless fast enough to snatch the phone out of the unsuspecting Dallas' hand before he had time to do anything else with it. Now that she had it in her hand, she spent a moment thinking. Unsure of what to do with it. But time was running out, so she took her best option.

And the phone vanished in a flash of purple.

IC:

"Of course not. Siri's a good girl."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Dallas Green jerked back in his seat abruptly, limply, as though the dark-haired woman had conjured up a Desert Eagle or a Draw 4 Uno card to eviscerate him with.

"You--you--"

How to answer this? How best to avenge his fallen smartphone?

The only way I know how.

The way to a mole's heart was through her eyes...or through her stomach.

"Check, please." The vengeful eyes of the technological widower flicked over the Iscariot beside him, and then back to the waitress when she'd walked up to them. "And we don't need this to go."

IC:

"...Could you at least try to vary your pre-programmed responses?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"You're such a ." Dallas, Alex at his side, sat down across from Nero with a typical smile. "Hey, man. Ignore Alex, I didn't spill enough coffee into his motherboard this morning."

IC:

"I can't promise that, Bek. Every Wednesday needs a woman crush."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"There are three or four other girls from our world alone. And even more in this one. Pick another one."

IC:

"Ignore him, he hasn't worn out his endorphin rush yet." Alex quipped, taking the seat at the other side of the table, Dallas on his left and Nero his right. "He's also trying to come to grips with his sentient personal assistant."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Is that rejection I hear from the girl with an empty Instagram and one tracked account? That's rich. Oh yeah. I totally found that , Bekah. Thanks for the follow."

IC:

"She called Cortana a floozy."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Don't subroutine-shame Cortana."

IC:

"Bring us one box, actually, could you? I'm feeling nice tonight." When she was gone, though, the nice grin turned devilish. "Sure about that?"

Dallas scooted over in the booth and grinned wider, leaning closer to the dark-haired woman's ear.

"BekahbooGirl?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"It wasn't the subroutines I was shaming, it was whoever decided to turn Halo's Cortana into a little blue halo that needs to be shamed."

IC:

"I have not the faintest idea what you are talking about." The dark-haired woman replied, taking another bite of her pizza and acting nonchalant. "There are a lot of Rebekahs in the world. Might have been the other one."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I'm positive it's you. If I had a phone anymore, I'd prove it."

IC:

"What the ###### is it with you and Siri? Did you model my Siri after Julia or something? Is there, like, some sort of treasure map hidden in Siri's vocal patterns that you're trying to get me to listen for?"

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"You can have it back, if the photo never goes anywhere except your phone. That means no Instagram, no Twitter, no Snapchat, no Facebook, nothing anyone else can see."

IC:

"You don't answer texts anymore. She can actually get your attention for me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"You are not suffering."

She would be in about ninety seconds, though.

Dallas left the (sizable) cost of dinner on the table with a (sizable) tip and, with a coquettish wink and half-bow at Bekah, he made his way back out into the brisk New York night.

Now it was just a matter of waiting for the boom.

IC:

"Sorry, Nero. How's it going?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"... Dallas Green, what did you do?" The dark-haired woman asked suspiciously, following close behind him with her box tucked tightly and protectively under one arm. "What are you up to?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Mismatched eyes glared at him, their owner stepped just close enough to reach his hand but stayed as far away as possible, and tried to snatch the keys out of his hand.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Whoops-a-daisy."

Dallas flicked his wrist upwards and tossed the keys into the air before him. With another practiced flick, he caught the chain and held it behind his head, arm crooked to provide the side of his head a pillow. He leaned back over the handlebars and looked up at Rebekah with undisguised amusement.

"Too slow."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME