Marvel, Rebirth:

IC (Romulus)

Romulus nodded, face grave and all trace of good cheer gone. "This century loves to talk of change, but I see that the Yellow Sign still holds weight in the circles that matter." He sighed. "You know more of this? I have memories and half-coherent reports. I know that sign means trouble. Quite alot of it."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC(Cynegild Picker):

"Trouble is a grave understatement - the Yellow Sign is thousands of years old, and its worshipers have left quite the trail of corpses. It goes beyond human sacrifice or religious warfare, Romulus - these people kill because it is written that their god thinks it's fun. Torture is an actual joke to them, and if Rivers has aligned himself with them, then his regime isn't so much brutally repressive as it is an actual slaughterhouse."

Cynegild shook his head, sighed, and continued. "I don't know how the man you described could have fallen in with these degenerates, but if he has, it is vitally important that he and every one of his associates be put into the ground as soon as possible. The only thing more important to the Brothers of the Yellow Sign than killing is letting their god into our world, that he may join their party. I do not know whether there is anything to their beliefs, but an attempted summoning would do quite enough damage without a malevolent god arising from it."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Romulus)

Romulus repressed the snarl of outrage that had been building as Picker described the Brothers of the Yellow Sign, the only trace of it to escape was a slight twitch of the lips. “I remember, so very long ago, when I marched against a Greek colony at the side of the Persians. They had that symbol upon their banners. They fought like men possessed, their priests flayed soldiers with a glance. We had numbers on our side though, we pushed through. Found out how they’d been….entertaining…the representatives of another colony. “ He shook his head, clearly disgusted. “I’d written it off as just another fanatical sect. If what you say is true, it explains a great deal. It appears pulling out of the nation is no longer an option.”

Romulus was a conqueror, an emperor. He had seen his fair share of cults come and go. He knew a few of them from the earliest days of his youth. The Yellow Sign had cropped up in other notable incidents, each brutal and bloody, but when one had spent the greater part of one’s life at war, remembering a singular incident of brutality become difficult. Besides, symbols were hard to kill. The Tao of China, the laughing Buddha, all had endured for a very long time indeed. The revelation that this particular symbol had a coherent and malevolent organization behind it was quite disturbing. “I think it is time to correct old mistakes. Thank you for this information, if there is anything I can do to repay you….you have but to ask.”

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Aella

I crossed my arms and hugged myself, still feeling a bit shaken up, it took me a moment to realize I was being spoken too.

"It was...just a dream..." I said quietly. Barely noticing the new apparent emergency they were being told about from their 'command'. Whoever that was. It didn't concern me at any rate.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: (Ripple)

“Nice performance,” Ripple said taking the twenty with a small smirk only enough for him to catch. Then she bit down on the biscuit, the sweet taste of maple mixing with the savory sasusage, and egg filled her mouth. Considering that her morning comprised of black coffee and protein bars, it felt like a ###### banquet. Another bite followed and she wiped her face with the napkin before, picking up her cup, the sweet taste of citrus washing out the flavor of the biscuit, the satisfying crunch of the hash brown nuggets. To the incredibly hungry mercenary she was rather surprised that she moved through the meal quicker than she intended.

“Sooo, you’ve been rather quiet, SHIELD really put you through the gauntlet, didn’t they?” She whispered, before drinking the rest of her orange juice and pushing her tray to the side as she leaned forward. That little convoy had made him nervous, sometimes he seemed there, but a lot of the time he seemed distant, as if his mind was replaying something again and again. Whatever had caged him possibly. While she was an effective agent, she was also a curious one. Her employer had told her to spring Daken from his mobile prison, and from then on to follow his orders and ensuring he returned. It got dull, driving through Texas with not much to do, ###### her entire morning amounted to waiting and waiting for the trucks to finally show up. The excitement she got was rather short-lived, something that thoroughly disappointed the young woman. She though the SHIELD agents would at least make her flex her skills and powers a bit more. Simply put, she was bored.

Edited by Nia Teppelin

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

"SHIELD is playing by big boy rules now," Daken said absently, taking a bite of his biscuit. "Mmm...good bacon. Anyway, yeah, I was expecting the Hilton or something, maybe a shrink to talk about my daddy issues and a complimentary spa treatment, but instead they whipped out Carbonadium and teal blue super-soldiers. To the U.S. government."

Akihiro toasted with his orange juice and took a heavy sip, setting it down again after a second and staring into his second biscuit, already half-eaten. He could go days - weeks without food - if he needed to. His healing factor would burn up the weight for him and he would sustain himself solely off willpower and an X-Gene. But it didn't make him any less hungry, and right now this cheap fast food was hitting a lot of spots Daken had forgotten could be hit by mere flour and greased pork.

"We're headed out to Houston. The girl I need is working at a bar there. Assumed name, fake ID, runaway. You know the type."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Julia

"Oh god..."

First ninjas, now a humongous mecha. Lethal Japanese things were following Julia wherever she went. With almost no hesitation, she cleared the backseat, not caring where the pizzas ended up. Lives were at stake. As quickly and tire-screechingly as she had arrived, Julia was off again. She pulled out her phone and dialed Dallas's cell.

Edited by Zyke the Space Biker

67tlbk.png

IC:

"Dallas Green!" the Californian crooned as Julia's call went through, only to hear her friend muffled and choppy, with some sort of chainsaw running in the background. "Sorry, there's a, uh...a psychotic troupe of beavers on the loose in the Institute. The rent-a-zoo idea went horribly, horribly wrong."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Saying that Kristen remembered the events leading up to, and following her discovering of Alaric's stash would be lying. When Kristen woke up, she had no memory of what had happened, or why she had been sleeping. Kristen wearily opened her eyes, looking up at the night sky. Starry, slightly cloudy, and with the moon slowly arcing down towards the earth. She reached up to rub her eyes with her normal arm, trying to figure out through the daze that had infiltrated her head who had put a illusion of the night-approaching-dawn sky above her, and why her bed was so itchy.

Kristen went rigid upon feeling the wind slightly graze her cheek. She wasn't in her and Tali's room. She was outside. In nature. In the middle of the night. Kristen immediately got up, being sure to resist the urge to scratch the skin that the grass had touched. Looking at herself, Kristen resisted the urge to flip out. Her socks and shoes were completely gone. She also dislike how her clothes seemed to have a good deal of some sort of animal hair about, and was incredibly dirty for whatever reason. Correcting her appearance to the best of her ability, she looked about. She had no clue of where she was. Well, she knew she was in the middle of a grassy field. From what she could see, there was a small hill not too far from where she was, and a small, now dried-up stream had cut through the field, ending in what was no a small ditch. From what Kristen could see from ten yards away, it looked like it might just be a sandy pit. A road was about twenty to fifty feet yards from her, illuminated by a single streetlamp, and there was no cars moving atop it.

She was alone.

Kristen restrained the urge to panic. She started listing facts off in her head, trying to remain calm.

Alright, A. I'm in the middle of nowhere. B. I have no cell phone. C. There is no towns or anything in sight. Just grass. Then a road. And beyond that, trees. D. I have no idea why it feels like someone just beat me, hit my head several times, and why I woke up looking like I had decided to jump in a puddle of mud.

Focus, She thought, checking her mind for anything out of the norm. Oh right, the giant gap from telling Dallas that she was going to guard the stash, to now.

Guard the stash... Didn't I say I'd help myself to a bottle or two..?

... .

Kristen quickly and unhesitatingly placed a hand on her face. She'd gotten drunk, and she probably then somehow had figured out how to re-activate her absorbing power, which would explain her appearance, then decided to go on a walk before collapsing. How pleasant. Just what she needed following all that had happened to her over the past day. Sighing, Kristen started to get walking. First to that dried-up-stream. It was between her and the road, and it might as well serve as the first stop in her long walk home.

After all, journey of a thousand miles began with a single step.

...That wasn't funny. Why the did I think that?

IC: Lynae

The vampire was driving in what could only be called the middle of nowhere. It's wasn't that uncommon as the vampire often wandered off on her own, enjoying a little exploration every once in a while.

Yet something caught her eye on that lonely road that particular evening. At first she thought it was one of those darn deer that often would be seen around roads. Yet as she got closer, it appeared to be something else entirely. It was a young girl and Lynae watched her curiously before slowing down the car.

"Hey! You okay?"

IC: Triblade

"And how did that go? Find what you were looking for?"

IC: Scorcher

"Well looks like we're here," he said as he stopped near the hidden entrance to the underground sanctuary.

"Even if its empty, this has been a nice walk." he smirked as he lifted open the entrance and then dropped himself down inside.

IC: Jennifer

"This is an awfully long elevator ride," the female mutant complained. Suddenly her phone rang. She looked at it and pursed her lips. It was from SWORD. But she didn't work for them anymore. Jennifer lifted the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" she began to listen carefully. Giant obsidian robots were attacking cities around the world, including New York. When the information was over she ended the call and paled.

"This doesn't sound good."

IC: Feral

"Woah Julia, you just tossed all of our pizza onto the ground, want to explain to me what's going on?" John shouted as Julia sped off in Matt's Mustang. He glanced up at the direction Julia was heading, and swore he saw something massive moving beyond the clouds. Something that looked like a giant mecha. Flashbacks of fighting Sentinels flashed through John's mind.

"Oh ****. Jules! Wait!" John shouted, but she was already gone. John did the only thing he could. He began to pick up the discarded pizza boxes and then impale them on each of his three bone claws. John moved to the back of the school with the pizza boxes still impaled on his claws before he slipped into the back of the school.

IC: Nicole

"This. Is. So. Fun!" Nicole shouted as she slashed into a wall near Dallas with her own chain-saw.

IC:

At the sight of the car and the sound of a woman's voice, Kristen froze and turned towards the person. She quickly mentally argued with herself on what to do, before finally saying, "No... I'm lost..."

Kristen hoped for the love of all things good, the woman didn't find her appearance too strange. That was the last thing she needed, to be lost in the middle of nowhere, and get the police to be called on her, and find that she was a mutant that didn't have some kind of power-dampener on her.

IC: Lynae

"Need a ride?" She asked. This girl was obviously frightened and didn't seem to be much of a threat. To be honest, if Lynae found herself to be a little hungry so could be a good snack. Not that she was going to kill the girl or anything.

IC:

"... I've barely had enough money for my clothes, much less a cell phone," Kristen admitted, tentatively taking the phone. After spending a brief minute trying to call back, and leaving an message saying where she was, she handed the phone back to Lynae.

"Well, if someone finds the message within the next five-ish hours, I'm sure they'll call back," Kristen said, frowning ever-so-slightly.

IC:

"That's pretty neat," Kristen said. Upon Lynae pointing out how her name reflects her eyes, Kristen took the opportunity to actually look at the person who had picked her up. For whatever reason, Lynae struck Kristen as being very... Beautiful.

"Your eyes... They're really... Attractive. I guess it's an apt name then," Kristen said, awe slowly starting to overtake her.

OOC since nobody seems to be picking us up, I'm going to go on a limb here...

IC Tokiomi

"Looks like their hands are tied," Tokiomi mused, as the comm continued to ring. "There should be another way to get out of here-wait." Tokiomi suddenly walked away from the comm and headed for the basement. Gesturing for Rashad to follow, he eventually came to an underground garage. Waving his ID card, the door opened and he walked in.

Entering the garage, he looked around, checking out each of the vehicles, looking for an aerial vehicle that was small and very, very fast. Eventually, he came across a two-person jet. "Well well well, looks like they adapted the stealth orbital transport for Earth use." Opening the hatch, he got in the driver's seat, waiting for the vehicle to recognize him. "Thus should work..." Finally, the machine gave a voice.

"Identified as Tokiomi Nagato, FBI, S.H.I.E.L.D., and S.W.O.R.D. agent." The machine fisplayed on a screen Tokiomi's ID photo and his badges for each of his organizations. Access granted."

Edited by Man of Miracles

IC: Persephone looked over at the two agents stirring from their rest.

"Okay, you two can handle a pair of girls and the world's least competent spy, right?" she asked, "Only they're calling for all Hitter-H class agents and, well, that sort of includes me." She finished her sentence just as her helm fully formed around her head and her visor slid down. An artificial face over her artificial face. Her next words came out slightly buzzed with static and other technological tones, "So I've sort of got to go take this. Helping out sort of thing."

IC: "Sure, nice walk, whatever," Magnitude agreed, silently thinking to himself that he'd be getting a cab on the way back

7AOYGDJ.jpg