Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Aella

"I don't know what a minor is, and I don't care." I crossed my arms. "Besides that, what makes any of you think you can tell me where I can and can't go? If I wanted to go to this New York, I could." I wasn't sure where these people got the attitude that they could keep me here but they were dead wrong.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"I can't follow him, he's getting an airlift from the Iron Woman. Well, I mean, I could, but the one method is really uncomfortable. Don't these safe houses have like, a mini stealth jet or something?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I turned toward Mikhail, my eyes blinking as I stared at him with an almost shocked expression. "No?"

​I stiffed a laugh as my eyes flashed dangerously. "You're all talk, there's absolutely nothing stopping me from just walking right out of here..." To demonstrate this, I started marching right toward the door, my fingers twisting around the door as I began to pull it open, I could feel the cold air from outside start to rush in...

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC:

... And then felt a hand grip her shoulder, too.

"First of all, New York isn't that direction. Second, you wouldn't make it five miles with that concussion. Third," Tera continued, having transitioned into what could best be called a mode of protectiveness easily. "If you go anywhere, it's nowhere that I cannot keep an eye on you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC Tokiomi

Preparing the high speed jet, Tokiomi, after getting two flight suits, took a moment to check up on the other agents. "This thing is going to take a while to boot up anyways-oops, maybe not." The jet had configured itself faster than expected; while Tokiomi still had to make the necessary adjustments, he didn't have t start from the very beginning. "Well then..." he mused.

"This is Agent Quattuor," Tokiomi spoke into the cpmm. The message would play as a voice message for those whose comma had their voice functions active, and as a written message for those who were sticking to text. The message was sent to practically every S.H.I.E.L.D. field agent that he knew; barring Rashad, of course (the list was a long one). "In case you haven't gotten the message from the Hub, New York is under attack. After being informed of the nature of these attackers, I am currently devising a plan to counter them; however, I need to know who is responding. Notify me if you are." With that done, Tokiomi put on the flightsuit, then began prepping the plane for takeoff. "You ready to go?" he asked Jericho.

OOC that message was sent to Mikhail, Persephone, John, Vivus, Stanhope, Alyssa, James, Brando, Natalie, and Erin. Anybody I miss?

I wanted to protest, to lash out, yell, make a fuss...anything. But as I looked into Tera's eyes I couldn't do anything but shut the door. "Fine..." I huffed, but rather softly. "...but only if I get to go to New York with you!"

Maybe it had been the concern in her voice, or the logic behind her reasons. But I relented in my act of rebellion. For the moment.

John Harken- Safe House

And suddenly it seemed that everybody wanted to go. John sighed.

"Tera survived the Battle of New York while protecting civilians, I think she can take care of herself."

At Tera's question John paused, before face-palming with a groan. "Setting aside how you knew that, yes they do. I'm not sure how I managed to forget that."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"..."

"That was actually just a guess I'd heard on a conspiracy theory website. Huh." Tera glanced at Aella, and her expression softened slightly. "Can't stop you, but I do have one condition; take care of yourself, and if I tell you to get the heck out, you do it. Think you can do that?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: I have no objections.

IC:

"I'm not sure that the Engineer from a game like Team Fortress 2 is the best example to follow." The former Weapon replied drily, rolling her eyes affectionately. "They're the ones that tend to practice percussive maintenance."

IC:

"You mean they create explosions outta drums? Wicked."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"..."

"No, dear. Percussive maintenance means that they try hitting things to fix them."

IC:

"Good." Tera said, a slight smile tugging at the edges of her mouth, though the expression quickly died. She turned back to the SHIELD agents seriously, bag tossed over one shoulder. Fit though she was, her determination was wildly at odds with her woefully under-armed and under-armored appearance.

"Well. If you need me to sign some kind of waiver or something, now would be the time."

fK5oqYf.jpg

I found myself wondering what a waiver was as I walked back toward the couch and sat down. I was glad Tera had stopped me, because it had been taking very thing I had to keep myself standing. Who knew whacking your head could cause so many problems?

"So...when do we go?" I wanted to see this New York already, it sounded interesting.

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC: {In the name of Lady Liberty, we will burn your dreads!}

Dreamless dorm ticking clock.

Michael prided himself on his ability to comprehend languages. Thanks to his experiences in the Enforcers, he was fluent in French and Galician, as well as being semi-fluent in the Canadian tongue. However, despite his mastery over spoken language, he could not make heads or tails of the song that was being played by his vehicle’s cheap mp3 player.

“What is this,” he bemoaned. “How does one even sing this much Engrish?! I knew I shouldn’t have pirated this trash.”

While normally Katherine may have had some snarky response aimed towards getting Michael to work, she had long been drained of such vocalisations. Now all she could respond with was a simple, “Focus.” The two of them had a mission ahead of them, one of the only things that Katherine could remain functional in.

“Yeah yeah, I know,” replied Michael, his gaze trained on the monitor opposite him. “It’s just a bit hard piloting with such terrible cameras.”

Months ago, the ENF-002 would have been viewed as a beautiful machine - one that possessed both grace and poise. Now, it had been reduced to a shoddy mess; an incredibly ugly weapon of war that was barely held together by a combination of scrap metal, love and guts, and a heaping of cheap imported gorilla-glue.

Indeed, as the mech descended from the heavens, parting the clouds above New York City, it appeared less like an avenging angel and more like a malfunctioning piece of East Timor’s laser-equipped space station.

It really hurt Michael’s pride, knowing that even the horrific HYDRA war machine beneath them was sexier than his precious Jibraaiyl. A fact that even the fleeing crowds of unnamed and expendable NPCs noticed.

“Mommy!” cried a little girl, “Send that fugly monster away, it has terrible color coordination!”

“I’m sorry Honey, but it’s too ugly to hear us.” The mother consoled her child, both of whom were staring directly at the hideous mess that was Jibraaiyl.

Nearby, two French tourists were also commenting on the appearance of the formerly proud Enforcer machine, their voices tinged with obvious disgust.

“Mon dieu!” shouted one. “It eez uglier than ma belle-mère!”

“Indeed,” said the other. “Compare to this … theeng, she is très beautiful!”

Any further comments on the hideous appearance of the ENF-002 ceased upon Katherine’s arrival. A single word was all it took from the former Enforcer, “Move!” At first there was a confusion, as people took in the sight of a young woman with a bow and arrow, however a glare from Katherine was all it took for them to resume their original activity: screaming their heads off and running away like the faceless NPCs they were.

“Ready?” Katherine asked via her comm, seeking confirmation from Michael to begin the assault.

Michael did not vocalise his reply. There was no need. Instead, a steel javelin lanced through the air, slamming into the Sleeper and piercing through its side. Katherine quickly followed up with an attack of her, firing an electro-arrow and shocking the Sleeper through the Javelin. Hopefully the attack could harm the Sleeper from the inside out.

Gobsmacked by the display, the NPCs of New York turned their attentions to the sky above Liberty Island. The Jibraaiyl floated through the air, its bulk casting a shadow upon the people below. If one stopped looking at the machine for a moment, they may have noticed that the Empire State Building was missing half its spire, half of it having been cleanly ripped off.

“I would usually make a snappy statement,” said Michael, his voice blaring from the ENF-002’s speakers, “but seeing that you’re probably a robot, I can’t really mock you.”

While Michael babbled on, keeping the Sleeper and the denizen occupied by his speech, Katherine remained on the attack. With a quick roll to the side Katherine got to work. First she tied one of her boomerang arrows to her cable arrow, before letting it fire. The arrow launched through the air, a cable spewing behind. As it finally began to curve, Katherine hoped to tie the Mech to the the Statue of Liberty. If she was successful she would bring it down alongside the symbol of American Freedom.

“Ah well,” continued Michael with a sigh, before his expression morphed into a grin. “Let’s dance, baby~!”

Edited by Totally Prodigious Artist

Staff IC:

If the Sleeper had been capable of laughing, it would have. As the electro-arrow's energy coursed through the javelin and straight into the Sleeper. Unfortunately, it did not have the adverse effects Michael and Katherine were hoping for. The chest piece of the sleeper began to glow more brightly, much like an arc reactor in the eye of anyone watching the spectacle. To the ex-enforcer's horror they quickly realized that was exactly what it was.

The Sleeper hummed with energy, even as it was tied to the falling Statue of Liberty, it did not matter. A bright blue and white beam of energy was then unleashed from the arc reactor, striking Lady Liberty. She was reduced to slag in moments, melting away until she was like molten rain falling into the sea below.

The ENF-002 was much lucker, and managed to evade the blast unharmed. Though if they thought they were safe they were sadly mistaken. Compartments on the massive shoulders of the Sleeper began to open, dozens of heat seeking missiles began to fly out of the mechanical terror, and like a swarm of flies they all began heading toward ENF-002.

IC: Tasha Stark - Stark Tower MKII, New York City -

Tasha was not a happy woman, not that she had ever been much for happiness, especially after the events of yesteryear. It was almost to the date when the new Stark Tower would finally be completed after the destruction of it's predecessor. Thanks to the technology left behind by her father and brother, and the seemingly endless funds of Stark Industries, it was almost ready.

But now, once again thanks to HYDRA, that was all threatened. Even as everyone else evacuated in the wake of the Sleeper, she refused to leave. Her tower wasn't going to fall if she had anything to say about it.

She watched the battle around Liberty Island from her phone, gritting her teeth as she saw her father's iconic Arc Reactor at the heart of the monster. HYDRA would pay.

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC: Julia

Lady Liberty was gone, reduced to little more than twisted, broken girders and slag. Lots of people visited the island each day, and today probably hadn't been an exception.

Julia stood on a boardwalk near Battery Park, gazing at the chaos and hoping everyone had been evacuated in time. The Corvette was parked behind her, roof down and driver-side door open. She looked around. There had to be something she could do. She raised a trembling hand to her phone and brought up Alex's contact info. After a few seconds' hesitation, she dialed his number. The party would have to wait.

67tlbk.png

IC Damian

"!!!"

Fortunately, non of the molten slag hit Damian, but still, that thing had huge offensive potential. The decrepit Enforcer robot that had come to engage it surely couldn't take it on; the thing was 70 feet taller than it and it had a freakin' unibeam!

"Alright..." Making another cut on his left forearm, Damian held out the Staff of One in front of him and gathered magical energy. Finally, he shouted:

"Freeze to -100 degrees Celsius!"

Nothing happened.

"Melt into liquid iron!"

Nothing happened.

"Stupid staff... Let the earth swallow up this metal abomination!"

Nothing happened, except for the staff mentally giving him the finger.

"Disrupt the mecha's electrical circuits!"

Nothing happened.

"Death from above; may Zeus cast down his thunderbolts!"

Nothing happened.

"Do I honestly have to use air?!" Damian thought. "It's not gonna help-wait." The bigger mecha had shot heat sealing missiles at the smaller one and Damian had an idea.

"Create a tornado in between the Sleeper and the ENF-002!"

Sure enough, winds began to blow in the space between the two mecha. It definitely wasn't an actual tornado, and it would never be unless Damian used his entire body's worth of blood, but the winds would be strong enough to potentially knock the heat seeking missiles off course; hopefully, the delay time would be enough for the Enforcer pilot to react.

IC (Romulus)

A phone rang, one of the would-be Emperor's bodyguards picked it up. Listened silently and then frowned. Without a word, he handed the phone to Romulus. Romulus for his part, appeared completely calm, though someone with experience in body language would note the very slight narrowing of his eyes. As Romulus listened to one of his agents report the current situation on Ellis Island he shook his head. More evidence against the degenerate system of democracy. What use was it if it could not even protect a city as oft-besieged as New York? "Mr. Picker, it would appear we have a problem. Have you checked the news lately? I am quite afraid we may have to cut this short..."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Persephone had decided to ignore the extended bickering session between Agent Mikhail and the trio under his supervision and instead wandered outside to join up with her heavy-duty armour. As she linked up with her enhanced arsenal, she was joined by Harken.

"Sure you're okay to be carried?" she asked, "I can move fast, you might not be able to shift kinetic energy at the same rate."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Katherine(Liberty Island, Distracting a Sleeper)

I once ran away, from the god of death.

Katherine didn't waste time on hoping the freak whirlwind would work. Superhuman powers were just unnatural and unreliable, Katherine never planned on banking on them, the only things she'd seem them reliably bring are collateral and destruction. Instead Katherine launched a flare arrow straight over the Sleeper's shoulder, the flare would get the attention of the missiles and hopefully send them straight at the Sleeper. Even as her arrows did their work, Katherine set about firing another one of her boomerang-cable arrow contraptions, this time her efforts were focused on tying up the legs of the Sleeper.

Edited by Commander Viral

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: {Justice Punch}

In frozen time, a staircase stands.

Michael hated heat-seeking missiles. In his hands, they rarely ever worked in his favour, always chasing after the completely wrong target (eg. Jayne or Sayf instead of mutant scum threats to the AMERICAN DREAM). Yet in the hands of his enemies, they would never deviate from their target. Was the Jibraaiyl considered a large heat source of something? He hoped not - it would make escaping the authorities rather difficult.

His machine dropped into a dive, intent on escaping the massive screen of missiles as quickly as possible. The former Enforcer noted that Katherine had fired a flare arrow towards the HYDRA weapon, but he wasn't going to just wait in one place, praying that God would grant him survival. The flare would probably not attract every single missile, and he didn't want to be there when the Jibraaiyl exploded.

"I need a gun," Michael muttered as his mech swung past a small tower, its sight still trained on the Sleeper. Had the Jibraaiyl retained its original armaments, there would have been no need to move closer to his enemy, but alas, he was rather lacking in ranged weaponry, armed only with a sword and the former spire of a tower.

IC: Scorcher

"Hi," a female voice said from the darkness.

Kane swept his hand towards the sound; casting light over the area with the flames glowing around his hand. Standing before him was a cute girl. She looked to be about seventeen and her skin was completely purple, so was her hair.

"We got one Zac."

IC: Feral, Nicole

John made his way up to the third story before sliding into the party room.

"Uh, I brought the pizza." John said. He could hear the sounds of chain-saws from within.

"Don't look! You can't see yet!" Nicole shouted as a chainsaw was suddenly swiped at John.

John dodged the chainsaw watching as it cut into the wall where he'd just been standing. He looked dumbfounded at Nicole before turning around slowly and placing the boxes of pizza on the table.

"Right, I'm out of here then."

IC: The random wandering had done Siegfried no good, so the child of Asgard was sure that the next move was the acquiring of a much needed drink.

Some time later, while staring in disbelief at the image on all of the screens in La Taberna Lupulo, a bar Siegfried had grown quite fond of, it occurred to him that he may require quite a few drinks.

If the television was to be believed, giant robots were currently attacking America.

Giant robots.

While such a thing shouldn't be quite so surprising to one who lives in a world where Sentinels exist, Siegfried still found himself rubbing his eyes to make sure he wasn't perhaps seeing things incorrectly.

Mayhaps the drinks were stronger than Siegfried had noticed...

But no, giant robots were indeed attacking numerous points around America, including New York.

Siegfried stood up and paid for his drinks before storming out of the bar, a dangerous glow crackling across his eyes.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

It's said that the past has an odd way of catching up with you.

In truth, the phrase is far more true than many will ever really know. And so it was that even as the demons of the past came alive in Dr. Thomas' office, another, far more benevolent, face made itself known. It's simple courtesy to silence one's phone during a meeting, even more so during one such as this, so the technopath was more than happy to allow it to go to voicemail, until the digital signature of the incoming number registered.

... Julia?

"I'm sorry, doctor," He said slowly, reaching into his pocket. "I think I need to take this."

He stared at the screen for a moment, almost hesitatingly, before pressing the accept button, and putting it to his ear.

"Julia?"

IC:

"As far as I know, we're leaving whenever the agent there takes us to the jet."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Ooc: Jam with Tyler.

Ic: Anberlyn Worthington had snuck her way into her brother's cabin on his private jet and curled up on the swivel chair opposite the couch he dozed on. She wasn't going to watch him sleep -- she loved him but that was just creepy and she was a far better companion than a sparkly demon could ever be -- so she fished her iPad from her purse and flicked through the virtual pages of a book while she waited in solitude for Alaric to stir.

When he did she could see his eyelashes flutter open but he seemed yet unaware of her presence and was turned the opposite direction. That was expected, though. She never told him she was on the plane, too, and when he almost stumbled into the deck he didn't pay much attention to his surroundings. The tolls of leadership, she supposed with a shrug. She felt them, too, but it seemed more natural for her than Alaric. She was a pragmatist, an adaptive vixen who quickly overcame her obstacles as an often brutal overlord. Alaric was the lax academic, a competent but sometimes distracted man who for some reason still coped with excess as an ironic handicap.

She threw a lipstick pen at Alaric's face. It flew over his face and landed right in front of his eyes, startling him despite his powers. "Miss me?" she said, amused by the reaction.

"Huh? Wha?"

Alaric blinked himself back to life lethargically and turned his head to look at his "assailant." His sister was perched as always close enough to him that they could reach out and touch, if they so chose; neither ever did, waiting for the other to make the first move, and after a second Ric Carlisle grinned dreamily at his sister when she realized who she was and where he had woken up. Annie had her iPod casually balanced on a leg and looked up at him with an amused glint in her eye, and a slight twitch of her mouth.

"Were you here the whole time?"

"Eeyup," Annie said and slid the iPad away. "I considered racing your plane to Colorado for fun but figured you'd prefer me in here instead of probably perched on the wing outside staring in at you like a demongirl, so I just boarded before you did and waited."

A twitch of concern spread on her face. "You had a bad dream, didn't you?"

Alaric weighed the options in his head and decided that attempting to deceive his sister would serve no purpose except to create an unnecessary row with no way of escape, and if he could not trust Anberlyn with his private thoughts and demons then he might as well slide off his ring, hang himself and be done with it.

"The Phoenix again. More vivid, this time."

"Have you ever come any closer to figuring out what they mean?" Annie asked. Despite her place as a mutant she was unaware of many of the mysteries that were studied at the X-Manor, the Phoenix Force being one of them.

"Everyone involved with the Phoenix Force is dead, except for this delinquint in Denver. No one worth asking until I pick him up."

Alaric sighed and rolled over on his side, pushing his head up onto his hand and combing his long, coal black hair with the tips of his fingers softly. Annie met his stare and he shrugged ambivalently, curling a lock absently around the tip of his index finger.

"Good book?"

"Dan Brown's latest. Yeah, it's good," she said, not particularly happy remaining semi-clueless about her brother's apparent affliction but not one to press the issue just yet. "But I have to say Robert Langdon is too rediculous to be a believable and relatable character. He's too good at everything and knows everybody who's somebody. It's just, /ugh/. But still a good read. Plenty of thrills. Etcetera," she droned.

"With piercing criticisms, you could have been a book critic in another life," Alaric drawled with a droll smirk, sitting up straight and stretching with his elbows and back. His bangs hung in front of his eyes in curtained bangs and he shook them away from his line of sight, so he could look into his sister's pale eyes. Neutral eyes. The eyes of a poker player. Even when she's being affectionate, you could think she's daydreaming of ways to kill you.

"How long have you been staring at me waiting for me to budge?"

Annie laughed aloud defensively. "I have not been staring at you in your sleep," she scoffed. "It's been a couple hours since I came in, though. About eighty pages worth. We'll be landing in the Masonic HQ International Airport within the hour."

"Mmm. Guess nobody can sleep through every trip," he groaned, stretching his legs out and crossing them at the ankles, grinning at her coyly. Anberlyn shuffled the iPad back into her bag and then looked out towards the cockpit of the plane, eyes shifting in some aimless direction that may point towards Denver. "I like your jacket."

"Isn't it just the nicest?" Anberlyn said with a proud gleam as she proceeded to rub her hands over the supple leather of her coat. "Custom made by Burberry. I figured I can't live this life while always looking like the biker queen from West Harlem."

"How did the bikers handle the betrayal?"

"What bikers?" Annie said simply and cocked her head an inch to the side. The hinted-at message was clear: There were no survivors.

Alaric laughed genially and raised his eyebrows briefly in understanding of his sister's methods, looking out to the cockpit himself as though there were some phantom only the two dark siblings could see for themselves. "Fair enough. It's a good look. Well made."

She seemed content with the appraisal. "You taught me to go for the best. I taught you to get what you need. It's a good result by my standards," she said.

"On another not on a similar subject, operations in Africa are nearing conclusion. I have one last trip to survey the damage before I'm done with the Dark Continent for a while. Unless things go horrendously afoul in the final stages, but I doubt that. It's good to be home."

"Room for one more on your jet? I've yet to see exactly what it is you're doing down there," he pointed out. "And I need to stop by that section of the world anyway. The military gave me a contract to make sure nothing can sustain life on Genosha for another couple generations. The cutie from the tech lab gave me a couple dozen liters of Terrigen mist for the job, and I don't think I have it in me to shoot her down."

"There's always room for you with me, Ric," she chided then mused for a moment. "Hmm, Terrigen? That might be useful. We can take it, too, but if you bring up 'the cutie' one more time like that I will have her throat slit, mmkay?" she said, completely serious. She'd be lying if she didn't feel the slightest bit of jealousy, but even that was enough to kill.

He laughed again and winked at his sister with one large, expressive blue eye that was designed for such jests. "Would you prefer the scientist? Her given name? Insignificant Nerdy , Ph.D?"

"No. 'Cutie' is all I need to go by, cutie," Annie teased in turn before she got up and sat on the couch Alaric languished on, then slumped down beside him and snuggled.

"I'd first tell her I want to talk about her innovation, maybe have coffee together to chat business in my office or a good place," she said softly in narration. "I'd entertain her thoughts for a short while, maybe even extract some of her more cunning ones -- assuming she has any in the first place -- and then bring out the lemon cake."

"Ahh, the lemon cake," Ric said. "Clever, clever."

"I'd hover a cake server over it and offer a piece," she continued, ignoring Ric's jab. "Whether she wants the cake or not doesn't matter since my next move would be to plunge it into her jugular to the grip. Oh, but the /best/ part is when I'd tell her that you sentenced her to death just by calling her a name more than once. Thennnn she'd probably try to remove the server to be able to breathe, since that would block her airway like a closed valve, and then she'd release the blood and probably die still seated as anemia and shock rolls over her."

She turned to face her brother's eyes. "See, words can be dangerous things, Ric, which is why it means so much more than anyone else when I tell you I love you."

"You know, in the old days, 'stay away from my brother' had a pretty final effect too," Alaric droned, acting as the typical and half-hearted counterargument for his sister's casually violet threats, though he wrapped an arm around Anberlyn anyway and let her snuggle up to him. "I love you too, anyway."

Annie cooed contentedly.

The plane's engines droned on, interrupted only by the pilot's PA announcing the start of the descent.

Julia's heart fluttered a little upon hearing his voice again.

"I--uh...Hi, Alex. Um..."

She swallowed.

"Look, it's great to hear from you, and we can catch up later, but right now, I need your help."

Her eyes darted up to the Sleeper's haunting metal face.

"Some giant...I don't ****ing know...mecha or something just destroyed the Statue of Liberty."

67tlbk.png

IC:

"..."

"Giant robots? Finally something normal again." The dry witticism passed easily, but it disguised the blur of activity within his brain. He'd been far more focused on the present in Doctor Thomas' office than he had been in a long time, and because of it, he'd missed the spike in internet activity. Shocking, considering the surge in social media activity.

Mentally putting the call on hold, and firing a text off at the same time, he stood and looked at the doctor for a moment, apologetic. "Sorry, doc. I'll be back. But unfortunately, the other problem with being me is, well, you can't really help it."

An instant later, a student appeared briefly next to him, before they both vanished.

Five minutes later, just as Julia was beginning to grow irritated with the lack of response, a quiet crack sounded behind her. Standing tall, taller than he used to be, was a very familiar figure in a battered and worn black coat, the gold "x" on his back long faded, but still recognizable. Of significantly less renown was a queasy student next to him who, after a few muttered words, vanished again.

The technopath took a few steps forward, eyes at first riveted on the monstrous machine, before moving back down to stare at Julia in silence for a long moment.

"Sorry about the delay. Favor or not, that student is very reluctant to make use of his ability. Takes a lot out of him."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: A stomping outside.

The woman pulled herself farther into the tree trunk, hoping against all hope that the creature wouldn't find her.

The chance was slim. She'd run through several streams on the way here, and that hadn't helped. She... She still didn't know what it looked like. Whenever she focused on it, it changed, getting more and more terrifying with each glance.

She'd stopped looking.

The woman couldn't run anymore. That's why she was backed against a wall, so to speak.

Put on a last burst of speed, fall into a trunk in this decrepit, horrible forest.

She could hear the worms squirming in the bark. A shiver.

The creature stomped away, into oblivion. The Beast didn't like it when his creations gave up.

She started to cry, tears falling past her hair, hacked off short to avoid catching it on branches during her daily ordeal.

IC: "Now, it's personal."

Alyssa glared at the molten hunk of Lady Liberty, pulling the shield off her back.

This... This couldn't put a dent in it. But there was one thing she knew of that could.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Julia took two long strides and bridged the gap between her and Alex, wrapping him in a firm embrace. Half-sorrowful, half-joyful tears brimmed her eyelids.

"God, it's been so long. We were gonna have a party--y'know, surprise you."

She made a sound that was either a sob or a bitter chuckle and reluctantly let go, turning to look up at the Sleeper once more.

"I was worried something would go wrong, but not this wrong."

67tlbk.png

IC:

"This isn't too bad." The technopath quipped a slight, unsteady smile playing at the edges of his face, warring with the tinges of worry that had taken root. "We've done this before."

And ironically, it was true. Almost two years ago, they'd stood in another ruined city, facing down a machine of the same size. Things had been different, then. They'd all still been around, the Philadelphia team. He and Dallas had been barely above rookies, most of the others little better, and ultimately it had been to their detriment. One of their number had been severely injured, in fact by his own poor coordination.

But that wouldn't happen this time. It wouldn't, and it couldn't.

They were both stronger now. Whatever their demons, they'd grown stronger so they could do what they must. Perhaps that was the cost of the life they both lead; You give up your own well being to keep the rest safe.

But maybe, he thought to himself idly as he glanced back at Julia, smile widening a fraction of an inch, that's not how it needed to be. However, that thought would have to wait for later.

"I can't wait to catch up, but regrettably, we have to. So let's show this hunk of junk the door nice and quickly."

With that, the technopath reached out with his mind, locking on to the source he sought. The Sleeper was, by far, the largest data signal in the area, pumping massive amounts if information throughout its body. A "glance" could tell that it's security was military grade at least, but that was manageable. With a thought, he commenced his assault on its software, swiveling his shield around to protect both himself and Julia.

It was manageable. All he needed was time.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Staff IC:

The ex-enforcers continued to fight despite the odds being so against them, maybe they simply sought to delay the Sleeper in an effort to buy the evacuating New Yorkers time? How nauseatingly noble.

One of the ex-enforcers fired a flare arrow in an effort to confuse the heat-seeking missile, one or two missiles actually fell for it, being unlucky enough to have flown right by the arrow. The majority of the missiles however never detected the minuscule amount of heat coming from the flare. The heat coming from the Jibraaiyl was much more appetizing. The Jibraaiyl itself was doing a surprisingly good job of evasion, but the missiles were closing in every second. One false move and they'd be upon the ugly mech.

The Sleeper itself wasn't content enough to simply let the missiles have all the fun either. As the Jibraaiyl came within it's sights it turned accordingly, the arc reactor glowing on it's chest aimed right for the machine, regardless of any obstacles that might be between them, such as towers, it would simply blast through them.

It's began to hum as the reactor charged up, preparing to end the Jibraaiyl and spare everyone from looking at it's hideousness. To everyone's dismay, the Sleeper suddenly stopped.

***UNAUTHORIZED ENTRY DETECTED....LOCATING SOURCE>>>>>>****

Someone had hacked into it's mainframe, something that should have been impossible. Still, it was prepared for such a thing, it searched it's data banks and calculated the most likely cause.

***86.789% CHANCE OF INTERFERENCE FROM POWERED INDIVIDUAL...SCANNING FOR TECHNOPATHIC SIGNALS....****

The machine stayed as frozen as a statue as it searched for signs of technopathic interference. HYDRA itself was a massive organization, it was very well aware of technopaths, most likely had a few in it's ranks.

The Sleeper then turned without warning, it's chest piece lighting up dramatically as it aimed at a particular point in the city. Once again a massive uni-beam like attack was unleashed, about to strike an seemingly random point in the city.

Wasn't quite so random for the one it was aiming for.

Edited by Yoko Littner

John Harken- Safe House

IC: "I'll be fine, reaction time is the major limiting factor for me, so I have gotten rather good at dealing with quick transitions of kinetic energy."

Reaching over to a nearby chair, he grabbed his coat, the last thing he needed to be ready.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Ashley

Ashley found herself waking up in in Dallas' room as she tried to remember what happened. She'd been looking for Dallas when she'd gotten sleepy and decided to just close her eyes for a moment.

She may have overdone spreading her joy throughout the school just a little bit, creating all those flowers had been a lot of work.

But now, she remembered she had one more, very important task to complete. She grabbed a light-blue sheet of paper and started to fold it with much fervor and enthusiasm.

When she was done she giggled with excitement and pulled out her phone, quickly texting a certain technopath.

Alexxxxxxx I made u a Squirtle just like u always wanted with the power of our friendship! <3<3<3<3 Where r u? Sent.

Edited by Yoko Littner