Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

Trinity ignored what Tera was saying, Aella had taught her all those words before. She didn't want to go over things she knew.

She wanted to learn. She'd been complacent to just sit back and relax back at the 'safe house'. She didn't know why, but she wanted to learn more. Everything that this 'plane' had to offer.

"This robot is starting to sound boring. Can we do something that is not boring?" Trinity asked, pausing her running about to come back and look at Aella and Tera, "Can you tell me more about this plane?"

IC: Blazing past Virginia and coasting along Delaware, Siegfried's anticipation began to become unbearable. A halo of lightning flared around him, blooming wide an fading into darkness as Siegfried's speed increased, the Asgardian's goal drawing ever closer.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC Tokiomi

"Attention science department." Tokiomi sent this message over the open communication channel. Tokiomi had a plan in mind. Specifically, a plan to figure out wheere the robot had come from. His train of thought was thus: if the robot had been hiding in the ocean, then it would have been bound to leave evidence of its arrival. Every step it took would have left an impression on the ocean floor, and its very presence would be indicated by the water it displaced. "I am requesting the geology, marine biology, physics departments to undertake an investigation on the ocean conditions off the coast of New York City. The purpose of this investigation is to reveal more about the mecha that appeared in the city today, and possibly find out where it came from. In addition to the science teams, any field agents that wish to join the investigation are welcome." Ending the transmission, he turned his attention back to the flight controls. "ETA: 20 minutes."

IC: Katherine

Every fiber of Katherine's being wanted to scream no. NO, I'm not okay, I'm broken, I'm a failure, I'm responsible. Yet for some reason that rational part of her just couldn't speak up. Something in Katherine didn't want to admit her distress to others. She was a failure yes, but she was still okay, wasn't she? She may be ineffective but she was still operational, even if using her would be a terrible decision. Hence all Katherine could say was.

"Yes."

IC (Cody Jackson)

Cody's eyes crinkled behind his mask. She didn't look okay. This girl looked lost and dazed and was probably in shock. Which was understandable. He was in shock too. But she needed help, and he was hero. Or trying to be. This was something he could do- unlike stopping that robot.

"Okay... we need to get outta here anyway. Who knows if that robot's actually finished. Come on."

Taking her hand, he started moving back the way he'd come. Once out of the destruction zone, there would probably be a ton of police and medical teams waiting to help. This area wasn't safe.

IC: Scorcher

“That’s not my only power,” the girl smiled. I can project my voice in people’s heads without speaking out loud. She said without moving her lips.

“That can get kinda annoying though. I can also make multiple false projections of myself. None of them are actually corporeal but they can be a good distraction.” She winked and suddenly there were eight of her standing in a line until a flash of purple and there was just one.

“My name is Miranda by the way.”

“Well guess we found ourselves a new recruit.” Kane said as he turned towards Zac.

Edited by Flex Cop

IC: (Vince Jackson Jr.)

Truthfully, he had won. The little mutie presented a surprisingly well spoken argument. But Vince told him off, he told THE TRUTH. He managed to counter the industrialist with the wit and intelligence only a HUMAN could have. And he did it with style. By now, Vince's hour of enlightenment, hour of telling THE WORLD the evils of the muties, there plots and ploys, had ended. The jazzy end theme played, and it was time for his final bow, and the SLOGAN OF TRUTHTM.

"This is Vince signing off, KEEP AMERICA HUMAN!"

He exited out of the back, flanked by half a dozen guards, armed, of course. Some cool dudes tried to silence his voice, the guiding light of sensible America. Multiple times, in fact. The first one tried to cap him with a 'lil twenty-two. He used his fist to clock the prick in the face, and knock him cold. There were others after, activists, muties, activist muties. They came at him with knives, pistols, even a sword once. But with his fist and his loyal security, each was stopped.

Vince wasn't the kind of celebrity to go that way, not in the least. He wasn't a celebrity, he was a voice.

Getting into the limo, he opened his laptop. The limo was outfitted with wi-fi, and given the best cyber-security money could buy. It was a fairly long drive to his his penthouse, so he began to browse the web. Being that he liked to laugh at his opposition, he went first to Reddit. /r/vincejacksosucks, to start.

The car drove on, flanked by two sedans of company security. Some nutjob could try to blow up the VOICE OF AMERICA, he reckoned.

OOC: Weirdly enough, its good to be back playing Vince. :P

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: (Agony)

Ever on and on I continue circling

Even as while being dragged along, Katherine was too numb to react. She was content merely following another’s person’s tune.

With nothing but my hate in a carousel of agony

Katherine’s strongest, most potent emotion was the intense self loathing she felt. Spurred on by guilt at her failures, dismay at the disappointments, she was trapped within a vicious circle of self blame.

Till slowly I forget and my heart starts vanishing

Was it even worth caring at this point? Katherine wondered, everyone she had tried to protect, she had tried to help, she had just failed. Some she abandoned, some she hurt, some she crippled and others, others she let die.

And suddenly I see that I can't break free--I'm

Like Michael, now even Michael had disappeared, very likely he too had died. For Katherine, this was it, this was where she finally fell apart. For the first time in years, Katherine cried.

Slipping through the cracks of a dark eternity
With nothing but my pain and the paralyzing agony

Everyone dead. Gone. Poof. One moment. All it took was one. Moment.

Poof.

Gone.

To tell me who I am, who I was
Uncertainty enveloping my mind
Till I can't break free, and

He couldn’t even think coherently anymore.

Nothing made sense.

Nothing.

Why.

Why did they all die.

Why did he betray them all.

WHY.

Maybe it's a dream; maybe nothing else is real
But it wouldn't mean a thing if I told you how I feel
So I'm tired of all the pain, of the misery inside
And I wish that I could live feeling nothing but the night

Was he dead.

He didn’t know.

He wanted to be.

Just wanted to run away.

Run away from everything.

You can tell me what to say; you can tell me where to go
But I doubt that I would care, and my heart would never know

Was there a purpose to anything? Did it even matter which direction she went, any decision she made just led to waste. Led to devastation.

Caused destruction.

Caused death.

If I make another move there'll be no more turning back
Because everything will change, and it all will fade to black

Katherine stopped. Not a single muscle twitched, she merely stood there, after all any direction she might head towards would only bring ruin. Maybe it would better to just never move, to sit down and let herself just die.

Will tomorrow ever come? Will I make it through the night?
Will there ever be a place for the broken in the light?

There was no place for in the world. No place for a failure like her, someone who in attempting to save people only killed them.

Am I hurting? Am I sad? Should I stay, or should I go?
I've forgotten how to tell. Did I ever even know?

Everything Katherine had done, everything she had taken part in had just been ruined by her hands. She didn’t know what it meant to do good, she only knew how to bring ruin.

Can I take another step? I've done everything I can

Everything they had done, every action they had taken had been for naught. They had always failed. Always.

All the people that I see I will never understand

Forever ostracized by those they fought to defend. Their cause never recognized.

If I find a way to change, if I step into the light

But they could never change, never find a way to suit the desires of those they wanted to defend.

Then I'll never be the same, and it all will fade to white

Save the world? They couldn’t even save themselves.

Ever on and on I continue circling
With nothing but my hate in a carousel of agony

Katherine hated herself. She just wanted to forget everything and move on into death. The only events she could recall were failures.

Riker’s Island.

A failure.

The Enforcers.

A failure.

Delta Squad.

A failure.

Till slowly I forget and my heart starts vanishing
And suddenly I see that I can't break free--I'm

A failure.

Slipping through the cracks of a dark eternity
With nothing but my pain and the paralyzing agony
To tell me who I am, who I was
Uncertainty enveloping my mind
Till I can't break free, and

God hated him.

He hated himself.

Why did he even try?

Maybe it's a dream; maybe nothing else is real
But it wouldn't mean a thing if I told you how I feel
So I'm tired of all the pain, of the misery inside
And I wish that I could live feeling nothing but the night

It would be for the best if everything just disappeared.

There was nothing left.

Nothing.

Jack####.

You can tell me what to say; you can tell me where to go
But I doubt that I would care, and my heart would never know

Could anyone even help her?

Could she help anyone?

She had thought that being commanded, being a good soldier, a good warrior, a good person, was enough to save lives.

She had been wrong.

So wrong.

If I make another move there'll be no more turning back
Because everything will change, and it all will fade to black

And it had cost everyone.

Delta Squad.

The Enforcers.

New York.

Every movement hurt people, all because she wasn’t strong. All this time she had been deceiving herself.

A little girl with a bow? Who was she kidding, a bow wouldn’t stop anyone.

Couldn’t stop anyone.

She was powerless, but by intervening she had just endangered everyone else.

The world would be better off without her. It wouldn’t be painted black.

Black with death.

If I make another move, if I take another step
Then it all would fall apart. There'd be nothing of me left
If I'm crying in the wind, if I'm crying in the night
Will there ever be a way? Will my heart return to white?

The sky felt so far away.

A weak laugh.

Why hope when there was nothing to hope for?

Can you tell me who you are? Can you tell me where I am?

Rookie?

I've forgotten how to see; I've forgotten if I can

Sayf?

If I opened up my eyes there'd be no more going back

Jayne?

'Cause I'd throw it all away, and it all would fade to black

Katherine? Michael?

Edited by Commander Viral

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

Mechs. Robots. It always has to be one of those, doesn't it?

Sayf had, when he came to New York, been hoping for a rather calm time. He hadn't expected it, but he'd been hoping for it. As things stood, right after he came, the city was attacked by some giant robot. So Sayf found himself walking down the street that the large robot that seemed intent on destroying the city was walking down, intent on, basically, providing a distraction so that numerous civilians would have time to get away. His BAR was out and ready for use, armour piercing rounds loaded in - likely they wouldn't work, but they'd be better than nothing. Then something quite unexpected happened.

First a blinding flash pierced the air in front of him, and even as he was turning aside the shockwave from the blast hit. He found himself rolling along the ground, bits of glass, concrete, and metal all cutting into him - nothing deep enough to be deadly, but deep enough to hurt - all until he stopped. He took a moment to catch his breath, to let his head get itself back in balance, before he stood. A wave of vertigo came over him, but he managed to tough through it, and looked up at the blast.

Devastation was a pretty good word for what was left. Sayf quickly began running - he saw two, maybe three survivors, but that was it, but surely, surely there had to be more left than just that. As he was coming closer, one of the survivors stopped moving, stopped being dragged along, and he quickly recognized who it was as soon as her face came into view. He sprinted up closer, calling out to her:

"Katherine! What on Earth just happened?" As he came closer, he could see the face of the other who was there, a man he didn't recognize. Sayf nodded to him, before turning back to Katherine. "Are you alright? Where are any of the others? Michael, Jayne, Geoffrey? Are they here?"

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Saphine)

"Ugh. Thanks." Saphine attempted to stand, only to fall back down into her seat with a dull thump. "Right. Room is spinning now. Not good." The vampire attempted to rise again. Her movements were uncertain, shaky, rather like a kitten trying to learn to walk, wondering if the floor would fall out from underneath it at some point. Eventually, with the help of the wall, she managed to rise. "Right then. I'll just....stumble my out of here." The woozy merc started to make her way to the exit, holding the wall all the while.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

In the devastation, silence reigned. The sheer absence of sound was deafening, the void swallowing up the sound put out into it. Voices rang faintly in the void, but alas, few were there to hear. But the silence was not just physical. To one attuned to the electronic pulse of the world, most of an island had just gone dark, as quiet as it must have been before the invention of the computer, before the telegraph, back before the world became so interconnected.

But in that bleak emptiness, a few points of light were left. A few signals, a few signs of life. And those were the important things. Mourn the dead later, after the living have been found.

"Anyone outthere that can hear me," The voice echoed, in a myriad of forms, from any remaining speakers the technopath could find. Cell phones, primarily, but he detected a few military radios too, and he did his best to transmit to them, but radios weren't nearly as intuitive for him. "There are other survivors. I am broadcasting from Manhattan, maybe a city block or two from where the machine went down."

"If you're mobile, please try to either make your way out, or make your way here. If you're not, please find a way to signal such."

In the back of his mind, he knew that there weren't many people left to hear. But he had to try anyway.

IC:

"Trinity," Tera replied, working very, very hard to keep her patience in check. She didn't know any better, she barely knew anything about the world. "I would love to tell you about the plane, and I will later, but I can't until I make sure that..."

Her voice weakened, slowed, and ultimately, trailed off completely as she glanced out the cockpit. Coming into view below them, just a few short distance ahead, was Manhattan Island. At least, what was left of it. The entire southeast end was a smoking crater, an almost perfectly circular realm of destruction. There was almost no sign that anything had ever been there, the ground was coated in a fine layer of rubble and detritus that had been compacted and torn apart by an outwards wave of pure annihilation. The blast seemed to have originated near Battery Park, because it extended out past the island, the only evidence of this the sheer desolation of the islands that had previously stood off of its coast. The already damaged Liberty Island was all but gone, the only sign of its presence a barely visible section of charred earth and rubble. Ellis Island had fared little better. The blast extended from about two miles from the epicenter in any direction, the sheer scope of the damage breathtaking, even if the event hadn't been.

The breath that was meant to carry the rest of her sentence caught in her throat, trapped by a lump that seemed to have swollen in size. Her face paled, her mouth hung open slightly, and her posture weakened, as if the very resolve to remain firm had faded away. Slowly, shakingly, she pulled her phone from her pocket and stared at it.

No new messages.

But they were alright, weren't they? They probably just couldn't call, that was it. They were smart, they were evacuating, they'd probably cleared the blast zone, right?

Right?

Unbidden, her eyes began to water, threatening to drown the flimsy explanations she'd constructed in an ocean of tears. She didn't seem to be consciously aware that she had shifted her gaze back to the scene below, staring without seeing down at the ruin that she had once known.

Once known as home

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Aella

"Tera? What is it?" I moved closer to my window to see what she was looking at, and what I saw took my breath away.

Below me I saw what I could only assume to be that New York City everyone had been talking about, there were all sorts of tall structures, of all different sizes. I'd never seen anything like it.

Then there was this huge...well I think the best word word for it would be crater. The crater covered the bottom half of the land where it met the largest amount of water I'd ever freakin seen.

I looked back at Tera, she was silent, and looking completely shocked. Now I realized I understood very little of this world I'd been thrust into, but my intuition told me that crater wasn't supposed to be there.

"Tera....are you okay?" I reached out a hand to touch her shoulder. I didn't like seeing her like this, she wasn't suppose to look this helpless.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Damian

Damian's phone started making noise. "Sorry," he muttered to the masked dude, the girl that was apparently named "Katherine", and some other dude that showed up. Taking the phone out of his pants pocket, he was able to catch most of the message. Ignoring the fact that his phone was talking of its own accord, he gestured wtowards the other people. "Hey, strangers? Some dude wants the survivors to either get out of the blast zone or make his way to his location. Just letting you guys know."

Edited by Man of Miracles

IC: Mikhail Irena

"Hey kid, where are your parents? You really shouldn't be running around by yourself in this weather."

The disheveled-looking boy stared up at the man addressing him, his face streaked with tears. His breath was ragged, and his tiny body shivered from the cold. Entirely drenched by the pouring rain, he was quite the sight to behold. While he did not provide an answer to the man's question, his reddened eyes and absolutely dead gaze betrayed his situation anyway.

It left the man quite flummoxed, but he silently held his umbrella over the boy. It wouldn't do to leave the kid in this rain, and the spark of hope in those dead eyes clinched the situation for him. The man would do everything in his power to help the boy, no matter what tried to get in his way.

"Follow me kid - we'll get you cleaned up," he said, a reassuring smile appearing on his face. "Got a name?"

There was no answer, the boy preferring to quietly follow the man down the street in silence as the rain continued to pour down endlessly.

After a while though, he finally spoke. "... Mikhail."

"Like Gorbachev huh? What about a surname?"

"I-I do not ..."

The boy trailed off, gazing into the distance.

"... Irena. I am Mikhail Irena."

"That's a nice name. Mine's Drew, it's nice to meet you."

---

"Hey you! Guy with the hat! What the heck are you doing?!"

Mikhail swung into a sitting position on the branch, ignoring the prickly branches that brushed against his clothing. It was highly unlikely that they could pierce into his skin, and as such, they were not of great importance. His eyes gazed over the ground below him, looking for the source of the call. He found it in the form of a rather peeved schoolgirl directly under the tree opposite to his.

"I am," he began, before being rudely cut off by the girl.

"Doesn't matter!" she shouted. "I just need you to answer a question of mine!"

"Are you looking for your boyfriend?"

"Yes!" she exclaimed. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Wait, how did you know? Are you a mind-reader or something?"

The rookie agent, having only recently been accepted into SHIELD, smiled. "He walked by five minutes ago, looking for you. He is currently over at the John Ericsson statue. You should really hurry over there - he is quite distressed and worried that you've gotten lost."

"Uhm, thanks?"

"No worries, Daniella. Now go meet up with your Sam."

"Wait, how do you know - oh yeah. Probable mind-reader. Thanks and bye!"

Mikhail sighed as he watched her run off.

"I am not a mind reader."

---

"Do you seriously sit on tree branches and feed ducks after work?" said the barista, handing Mikhail a cup of coffee. "Like, seriously?"

He nodded, taking a slow sip of the beverage. Mikhail enjoyed the lattes at this cafe. It was reason why he always frequented it during his many lunch breaks, which seemed to be greater in number than most of his colleagues. Very strange, yet he brushed it away. He did benefit from the lunch breaks, after all.

"I am a fan of birds," said the agent. "Especially pigeons."

The barista hmm'ed as he prepared another order. "Any chance I can join you next time you're around?"

"You are welcome to do so."

---

"Why is it that we always run into you whenever me and Sam are on a date?! Are you stalking us or something?!"

It had been five years since he had first met the two young lovebirds, but Mikhail was of the opinion that Daniella's blunt rudeness and Sam's incessant worrying had not changed at all. Not that he really cared. Their personalities were the main reason why he had befriended them. A bit of a reminder, and they were adorable together.

"No. I simply like coming to Battery Park," he replied, correcting her. "Eighty percent of your dates are located here, and the time we ran into each other at the premiere of the Batman movie was actually a coincidence."

"Riight," drawled Daniella. "You're totally a stalker."

Mikhail shrugged, something that was usually rather difficult to pull off when one was hanging upside-down from a tree branch. He pointed in the direction of Sam, who was pacing to and fro, thinking heavily about something.

"He is going to ask you for your hand in marriage," said the agent. "Congratulations. However, you should go approach him first because he is worrying over the possibility that you may reject him."

"What?! I'm not going to reject him! Why does the moron even thin- wait, are you serious?"

He nodded. "It is not easy to miss the ring he has in his pocket."

"Okay you're totally a mind-reader," declared Daniella. "Now I'm gonna tell him that I love him and that he's an absolute fool for thinking that I would ever think of rejecting him!"

As she ran off, she paused for a moment, turning around to face Mikhail once more.

"If you don't turn up at our wedding ... I know where you live!"

The SHIELD agent chuckled. "I definitely will not miss it."

---

"Kid, I don't need your help."

"Human beings usually begin to rapidly deteriorate around your age," countered Mikhail, opening the apartment door. "It is perfectly logical for me to help you out in this time of need."

Drew groaned, brushing a hand through his greying hair. "Look, Gorbachev. I'm not a cripple. I'm just growing old."

"Then see this as payment for the time you helped me."

"You said that last time too, kid."

The smile on Mikhail's face was smug.

"All these things are not of equal value to your assistance. Therefore I must continue to help you."

"... I wish I never taught you how to be so annoying."

---

So much of New York had just been ... completely annihilated. So many of his friends ... so much of the things he enjoyed doing ... gone. All of it.

He did not know what to feel. Sadness, probably, but he could not bring himself to cry. Regret at not being there to help? Guilt at not having arrived to save them in time? Loneliness? At the loss of the people he was closest to? Anger at whoever caused this destruction (probably HYDRA)? So caught up in his thoughts was Mikhail that he did not even notice that his nails were digging into his palms, drawing blood.

He would never be able to attend Daniella and Sam's wedding. He would never be able to deny their accusations of his being a mind-reader or a stalker. He would never be able to drop in on their dates unannounced. He would never be able to tell Sam not to fret, nor would he be able to tell Daniella to calm down. He would never be able to congratulate them on their upcoming child.

He would never be able to enjoy the lattes at the small cafe on the intersection of Pearl Street and State Street. He would never be able to discuss the merits of the McCafe with the manager. He would never be able to go feed the pigeons with the barista.

He would never see Drew (he owed the older man so much) again.

So much of New York was gone.

And it would never come back.

"Why did it have to happen again?" he asked, grief heavy in his whispered tones.

IC:

It was a good, long drive back to the institute. One that eventually resulted in Kristen dozing off in the shotgun seat of Lynae's car. It didn't seem like long before Kristen was nudged awake by Lynae, and the mutant wearily opened her eyes to the glaring mid-morning sun. She quickly noticed that the car had stopped, and much to her delight, it was stopped in front of the institute.

Unknown to Kristen, it was the day after the Sleeper attack. She hadn't seen or heard about the attack yet.

Kristen yawned as she slowly stretched her arms and legs, before turning and smiling at Lynae, "Thanks for the ride Lynae. I wont forget my end of the deal."