Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Lynae

"Ah the doorbell... I remember when those were invented..." She chuckled and sighed as she remembered. "Lord, my neighbor at the time never got used to it... And I'm pretty sure he was one of the first people ever to be dingdong ditched...."

IC:

Remain calm.

Lynae suddenly felt her hand grasped by Kristen's as she briefly looked Song over. Kristen did her best to avoid making any sort of provoking action as she tried to stop staring at the girl who had opened the door.

"Uh... Hi," She said meekly, "Is Dallas Green, the one with all the tattoos, is he here?"

IC: Katherine "Kitty" Pryde - Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters -

"The Dallas you're looking for headed out some time ago...he hasn't returned yet." Kitty said as she phased through the wall, appearing before the gathered mutants and vampire. She looked them over.

"Kristen..." She finally said, putting a name to the face. As a teacher she made it her job to know every students name in the school, it wasn't an easy task. "...who's your friend?"

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"Ah I see..." Kitty glaced at Kristen, looking her over. She didn't appear to be hurt in any way...what was that on her neck though? That seemed rather familiar somehow.

She turned back to Lynae. "Well, thank you Miss Rosewood." Kitty decided she was going to have to talk to Kristen about strangers later.

Edited by Yoko Littner

"Of course..." So Kristen had been out all night, made friends with a complete stranger, and had two little marks on her neck. Something didn't add up here.

"So, forgive me for asking this but, are you a mutant or powered being by any chance?" If Kitty had learned anything over the years it was that no one ended up here by chance or mistake.

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC Peter

It was at this moment that Peter came walking through the door, holding a bundle of folded clothes in his arms. "Too late," he grumbled. When the robot had arrived in New York, he had donned his supersuit and had gone to stop the thing, but by the time he had gotten there, the mecha had self-destructed. Peter had been able to rescue a few survivors though. "The sheer ridiculousness of it all," Peter continued to murmur. "That thing must have been made out of vibranium and have motors ten times stronger than military grade; how else could it violate the square-cube law like that?"

"What, you didn't know?" Peter said, hearing Kristen's confused statement. "A giant mecha appeared in New York City and smashed some stuff before self I destructing. There's now a giant crater in the middle of thr city. Speaking of which," he said, turning to Katherine, "Alex, Julia, and the other Dallas are out there, but they appear to be fine; should I retrieve them?"

Edited by Man of Miracles

"Yeah you might want to watch the news about that, a good chuck of Manhattan is gone, along with Liberty Island." Kitty didn't sound too pleased at all as she said it.

"Peter I'm fairly certain they'll return when they're ready too."

Edited by Yoko Littner

The vampire's face began to dawn a look of displeasure, hearing the news. First off, she would have to check back with the Hellfire club to see if they knew anything about this or of anyone of their members were involved, either as culprits or victims. Then, she'd have to call her condo complex to make sure that was still standing. She had too many valuable things in that place... And there might be the head of her sire in there and well that would just make a big mess if someone found that... Although if the building was destroyed the head would hopefully be too.

IC:

"... Can I please just go inside?" Kristen begged, almost too softly for the others to hear. She had woken up in the middle of nowhere, been lucky enough to get a ride back here, the voices in the back of her mind were chanting for her blood again (a wonder why they didn't do that during the ride to the institute), and now she learned that parts of New York didn't exist anymore, with one of her three friends caught in the middle of it all.

At this point, she just wanted to retreat inside herself as she came to the revelation that not only would she end up getting busted for being drunk and running away from the institute, but she would have to weather the fallout alone.

"Please?"

Kitty could sense things were starting to break down, time to step in. "Alright! Why don't we go inside now?" Kitty gestured to Lynae and Kristen.

"Oh and Peter, could you take care of the winged girl? Take her to the infirmary if you need too." She lead Lynae and Kristen inside and further away from the others.

Edited by Yoko Littner

Lynae's eyes grew wide at the sight of blood, the hunger sort of hitting her. She shook her head and then grasped onto Kristen. "Oh... Oh god blood." She shut her eyes and swayed convincingly on her feet, holding her stomach. "I'm going to be sick!"

"Yes... Please let us go inside!" She said as she followed Kitty, keeping her mouth shut afterwards to ensure her fangs retracted.

Edited by Rawrmouse

IC:
Falling from high spaces, falling from low places
Now that we're lonely, now that there's nowhere to go
Watching from both sides, these clock towers burning up
I lost my time here, oh, I lost my patience with it all
And we lost faith in the arms of love...
Whenever Dallas Green started to hear himself screaming, sobbing, he pressed down on the gas pedal harder; that way, the engine noise would drown out just how much he hated himself.
The bus was musky and cold, and goosebumps prickled Dallas' skin, rose up on his tattoos, raged against the air and earth and God itself; the hairs on his arms were singed and flecked with tips of dried scarlet from the deaths of Alex and Julia, over and over, over again. The seats behind him smelled like corpses, they smelled like death, people had died on this bus and it smelled like corpses, it smelled like the cities had smelled after the Phalanx, it smelled like Westchester, it smelled like home, it smelled like Mom and Dad had smelled.
When Dallas stopped screaming, three splintered stop signs, five bicycles, a skateboard and a dead Golden Retriever laid dead in his path. He probably could have gone back and saved them all if he wanted to, but that was a job for heroes.

Where you been hiding lately, where you been hiding from the news?

There had to be someone he could call, only he'd left Alex and Julia behind to help rescue efforts, only Mom and Dad were dead across the timestream, only John was a wolfman wandering through the Adirondacks hunting Thumper and Bambi for his shits and giggles, only Bekah had gone after him and never come back, only Tali didn't get him, Tali didn't get anything, only he'd turned away Rene because he'd thought heroism would suit him fine and dandy, only Ashley had turned into an actual mental vegetable in some Shakespearean ironic twist.

He could call Card. Only Card still believed in family. Card had stayed with him. For him.

'Cause we've been fighting lately, we've been fighting with the wolves

Only he couldn't call Card. He'd have to explain how he got the bus if he called Card. Why there was so much dust on the seats. Why the leather was so aged and wrinkled. Why it was so old and clunky and creaky and accelerated so slowly, why it sounded like it had carried New Yorkers diligently back and forth from the Somme, why there was a single body on the bus, crammed underneath the driver's seat and hidden by janitor's supplies, and why a formerly fit father of newborn twins over in Queens suddenly looked like the three century man when he'd woken up in the morning not looking a day past grad school. How he'd managed to save his friends, who weren't even really his friends.

Falling from high places, falling through lost spaces

Now that we're lonely, now that we're so far from home

Watching from both sides, these towers been tumbling down

I lost my mind here, I lost my patients with the lord

Oh, with the Lord...

Westchester. Eight miles. Dallas barrelled right over the sign and spat it out like a fly trap with a subpar insect.

He hadn't even taken the X-Men. This bus was for nothing.

Card would understand, except chances are she wouldn't.

And we lost faith here, in the arms of love...

Westchester. Five miles. Dallas wanted to cry, and ask anyone - one way or another, Ultimate Dallas Brett Green got what he wanted.

Where you been hiding lately? Where you been hiding from the news?

He could see the gates of the Institute, over the rolling hills and past an old pond. He saw a familiar old blazer lying in the grass, rained on, stained with grass, ruined. There was a feather on top. The tears flowed more freely now.

'Cause we've been fighting lately...

He wanted to drive this bus through the gates, obliterate himself, make amends, open their eyes, be a hero. He wanted to go out on a chariot of fire. Dallas couldn't think of anything sweeter than just dying memorably. Like a double decker tour bus. Like the men on the Somme. Like New York City. Like his family had.

Ask anyone. One way or another, Ultimate Dallas Brett Green always got what he wanted.

...ohhh, we've been fighting with the wolves.

His chariot was at the gates, and kept on going.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Kitty watched Lynae as she had her little fainting spell, first it was the marks on Kristen's neck, and now Lynae was having a rather strong reaction to the sight of blood. These things weren't unusual by themselves but when you put them together...well it was starting to add up.

"Yes, I think we should all sit down for a bit....do you need a glass of water Miss Rosewood?"

"It's alright, happens to the best of us..." She gave them both a smile, "Find somewhere to rest, I'll go fetch that water..." Kitty proceeded to head toward the nearest kitchen, ignoring any walls and obstacles as she always did and phasing through it all.

IC:

"Stay, or try to find a quiet place to eat?" Kristen murmured to Lynae once Ms. Pride was out of earshot. Kristen herself was forcing herself to remain calm and her breathing regular after coming to the realization that the girl had ripped her own arm off. Not exactly a happy thought.

"If we think of a way to throw her off, we can head to my room, and I can resolve the whole problem there. Nobody ever goes in my room."

Not exactly a lie, but since he was away dealing with the city-she-didn't-want-to-think-about, it seemed like a good idea to her.

IC:

"Lynae... A man cut through my arm with his claws. He didn't just take off my arm beneath the shoulder, he took out my shoulder too," Kristen said, her eyes seeming to unfocus as she thought about her last fight with John. She gripped the replacement arm with something more than just sadness and anger.

"I know how it feels to have something cut through your nerves, muscle, and bone. It's not a pleasant feeling. And every time I take off my replacement arm, I can still feel it too. Wherever John and the others left it. I can feel my cold arm, unable to be moved, far away from wherever I am. With something like a guillotine, it's over in a few seconds. When you lose an arm..."

Kristen frowned at Lynae, her face a mixture of sadness, anger, and fear, "... You have to live with the fact that you'll be off-balanced for the rest of your days. That when you try to bend your back, and you feel something pulling at you on the inside, you know that it's a loose nerve, or a part of your bones that had been cut off and not dulled during the surgery to try to fix you up. Once a month, for the rest of my life, I'm going to have to take my replacement arm off, unattach it from my body, clean it, and fix it..."

Kristen looked away, refocusing on the wall Ms. Pride had gone through, "And each and every single time, it feels as though I've lost my arm again. Except this time, he decided to remove my skin first, then slowly detach each and every single nerve, muscle, and bone..."

Kristen drifted off into silence again, her arm clattering as she shuddered from thinking about the whole ordeal.

She gently stroked her head and sighed. "It's hard..." She turned the girl's face up to look at her.

"... Before I became a vampire... Something very bad happened to me and after that.." She gently moved her shirt, revealing a large and now silver scar. "A man rammed a sword through chest and left me to die. It rammed pierced through my skin and punctured my organs because he slide it down. I was coughing up blood as it spurted out of my wounds... I still have nightmares every night about it. I understand how horrible it is... All we can do now is move on."

"I'm back!" Kitty said just as she phased through the wall again, holding two bottled water. She handed one two each of them.

"You two feeling any better?"

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC:

"... You're right," Kristen admitted, looking away from Lynae as she started to fiddle with her arm. Lynae's story didn't make her feel better necessarily...

But it did have a point.

"A bit," Kristen said, taking the bottle. Although, she had never gotten used to being able to open one. She had a bad habit of crushing the bottles whenever she tried.