Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: (Ripple)

Asa's eyes grew wide, she gave Daken another squeeze but it wasn't his bicep this time. It elicited a low chuckle from Daken before she pried herself away from him. Oh this job kept on getting better and better, she could do without Mr. Grumpy (aka Nate), the snarky Angela Dean fun enough to hang around. On the bright side he made an excellent cushion for Daken and her. She chuckled outfitting herself with about three grenades, a decent number of clips for his pistols and a few modifications for her sniper rifle. She pocketed some money for "business expenses", you know, just in case. Finally she plucked a pair of keys, knowing exactly what they were for. Spinning the the keys around her fingers she turned to the rest of the group with that typical smirk of hers.

"I'm driving, you're free to call shotgun."

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

The plant girl - Ashley - had snapped him out of it. Too late he realized that he had fallen into a lull; too much longer and Christine could have done real harm to him. Worth it, he thought, but he pulled away anyway, inch by agonizing inch. Christine's eyes were alive; as far back as Aleks Belikov could remember he had never seen them at such a shade of emerald. How much of that had been his life force siphoning into hers and how much had just been him, he would rather not know.

Aleks himself was scuffed and bruised and sore from his fall, and his eyes had dark circles under them after Christine had drained his body of some of its natural strength. But he was a fighter even amongst the standards of the Institute - bullet wounds, mech tussles, and even a poorly-sliced throat had done nothing to slow him down in the long-term, which was either a secondary mutation or made him a miracle of modern science - and even as he felt his very essence slowly sapping away into Christine he had stuck with her. It was their first kiss - their first real kiss. The girl he'd come to find years ago in Weapon-X, grieving and weak after the loss of her best friend, was gone. In his place was this...this...Christine. Funny and sharp and strong, she was a new Christine, a Christine who now hated it when people saw her cry, or falter, or even bleed. Beautiful and cocksure and too tough to ever truly be his. Christine Marie would never let anyone own her. That was what Aleks liked best about her.

The door snapped close; he could hear Ashley giggling herself mad outside. If it bothered him, he didn't let it show. His hand brushed Christine's cheek and he tilted his head in that odd manner Aleks had, like a cat on its owners lap, commanding food. He realized that she'd absorbed not just his essence, but probably a fair chunk of his memories of the last two years or so. Thinks Aleks himself might not even remember. Things he'd worked hard to remember. Things he might want to forget.

"Like what you see?" he asked playfully.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

She didn't want him to pull away. She hadn't even pulled away when she'd heard the door open and Ashley's giggles. But once he did she was glad he had. She'd almost forgotten about her power... she'd slowly been draining him. Even with her fighting to not do so, she'd only prolonged and slowed the process.

"That was... that was nice." she smiled. That was the longest physical contact I've ever had without hurtin' someone too bad...

"I do," she nodded. "Though I try to not pry too much. No one wants someone to know what they do when their sitting on the toilet." she joked. She'd waited so long for a moment like this, and she was making bathroom jokes? Part of her also felt bad about doing this so soon after Matt was gone... but it had felt so right.

IC:

"Are you the kind of girl who I would take out to a five-star restaurant and watch in horror as you ordered a Philly cheeseburger?"

"Ah think you mean a cheesesteak."

"A...a what? A cheesesteak? That's the stupidest food I've ever heard of, what...what's a cheesesteak?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"All aboard the USS Sealclubber," Angela Dean drawled when they reached the vehicle that Asa had picked out for them.

The Hummer looked as though it had been grabbed by the rear end and stretched like taffy; when the rear door swung open and Nate clambered in, he stumbled into a huge, U-shaped wraparound seat that was more like a lounge center. Half a dozen people could have fit back there easily enough - much more than was needed to pick up one pyrokinetic, right? - but Asa Thurman was built for the driver's seat. She walked around and literally hopped through the left front door. Angela had opened her mouth to call for shotgun, but surprisingly enough Daken had already made the choice for her - he swept in after Nate and did a trust fall into the seat directly behind Asa, poking her cheek with his ring finger and directing her face straight out the windshield. A bit bemused, the precog opened the shotgun door and slipped in.

Daken, meanwhile, was fiddling with a police scanner app on his iPad and hooked it up to the Hummer's speaker system. At first it squawked static three times, but after a second it tuned in to the Wichita frequency and began radioing. It was a testament to the girl's spunk - or a show of what a terrible thief she was; Daken filed that away for later - that her current armed robbery/hostage situation was the first case they heard. Asa got the hint and drove.

It took them about fifteen minutes before Daken told them to stop, about a block and a half out from where they were supposed to be. "We wait here."

-Tyler

Edited by young sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Every time I tried to post this from my tablet, it crashed, so doing it from desktop this time

IC: Reyson

"The man responsible for my capture was a possibly Russian man in his mid-twenties with blue eyes, orange hair, tanned skin, and standing around a metre eighty. He displayed power over electricity; I do not know whether they only work in close proximity or whether they work over long ranges as well."

"My captor's companion was the first person to arrive on the scene. He was around the same height as my captor, with short brown hair; I did not get an eye color as he was wearing sunglasses at the time. I did not see him display any powers."

"A third agent arrived on the scene shortly after the second found the vehicle, literally dropping out of the sky in some suit of armor. She was the only one I got a name from: Persephone Ellis. She had short blonde-white hair and very white skin. Something seemed extremely wrong about her, as if she was a mannequin instead of a human. She also had a very unusual skin texture, had what looked like lenses in her eyes-I'm not sure about that one though, and seemed very heavy for her build. Other than the suit of armor and being unexpectedly strong for a woman of her build, she did not show any powers."

Edited by A Magus With Class

IC: {Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind}

Alive. No regrets.

Pick one.

no

Tricky. But hey, it doesn't really matter anyway. You're already dead and regretting everything you've done, so playing along with my little game isn't going to help at all, isn't it? Well technically you're not really dead, but you're ###### up enough for the term to apply.

Silence eh? That's new.

Bit of a shame though. You were always the talkative one. The face of the team. The cheery, dependable one.

Look at you now.

You're a pathetic little ###### who ran away from all his responsibilities and blew up half an island.

How low could you even get?

don't know

Do you even think you're fooling anyone? You definitely know how much of a ###### you are. A cowardly little boy pretending to be a man just because he can vandalise skyscrapers with a big metal (oh wait it's silicon isn't it?) robot. That makes it a whole lot better. Keep crying if you want, because you're a hack, a stain on the fabric of reality that nobody's bothered to wash.

Silent again? What are you trying to avoid? The truth? Listen up boy! You're dead! You were dead to begin with! You were dead the very moment your equally pathetic mother gave birth to you! Are you going to continue this game of pretend? Are you WILLING TO KEEP UP THIS CHARADE?

Well, say something! Are you?!

... no

That's it. Admit that you're completely worthless. Lie in this little pit. Cry until you can't cry anymore. Die knowing that you never amounted to anything.

no

What, are you changing your mind again? Are you a moron? What use is there in- ooooh, that's clever.

You've decided to reach out. Despite being a sickening little wretch, you've got something in you that doesn't want to lie down. You know you that you're useless, but somewhere deep inside, you want someone to pretend for you. To do what you can't.

Sounds terribly unhealthy. You don't even know if there's somebody.

maybe

Tch. Ah well. Do what you want. But still, I'm pretty sure nobody's going to notice a giant hand sticking out of the rubble.

IC: Red Skull

"There was reported to be another girl with the experiments that doesn't match the description of those three, did you see her as well?"

IC: Ashley

"Yeah let's go in!" Ashley said, swinging the door wide open and running up toward Christine and Aleks. She leaped up on the bed with them and started to bounce on her knees.

"Do you guys want to kiss again so I can take a pic?" Ashley said as she held her phone up, her face grinning.

• Upvote 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Aleks blinked slowly. Ashley was still bouncing around in front of him, so he blinked again, even more slowly. Same result.

-Tyler

Edited by young sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Reyson

"Yes, I did see that girl. From what I gathered, she was a civilian that randomly appeared in the area. I didn't get a name, or any indication of powers."

"As for what the subjects were doing, the agents and the civilian seemed to be answering a lot of the subject's questions about the world; they also were teaching them how to cook."

IC:

When all else failed to clear his head, Ric turned to Led Zeppelin.

Every speaker in his quarters cranked from every conceivable direction while Ric stared at the phone in his hand like it was a horse's head he had found in his bed that morning - which, in one respect, it kind of was. Lacey's briefing had ended with a single phone number with the authorities in Africa. Upon calling, he'd taken the usual route, yadda yadda yadda, did you check for signs of life, was there anything irregular, what did you find on the plane. The stuff you'd see getting asked on CSI.

All we found on the plane were whispers.

What a stupid find.

It was my mother. She said--

--bring him back, he said, clear as day sir, he said--

All I had to do was--

--bring me back, Ric.

Carlisle spun on his heel and threw his fist into The Gates of . There was a loud bang and a tingling feeling in his ring, like something had been disturbed out of sleep and was raging inside the stone, but he felt no pain in his arm proper. It was as though he'd just thrown a punch into a marshmallow instead of hard bronze. As far as weird things go lately, not a big deal. His hyperkinesis had always left him with a little bit of a strength boost over most people, after all. No, now was not the time to contemplate the mechanics and philosophies behind punching inanimate objects. Now was the time to distract.

All we found on the plane were whispers. What kind of Terrigen whispered?

His phone buzzed. A ghost vibrate - more ghosts, great - but he found himself staring at the screen for a few seconds more and then texted Lynae. Romulus would want to talk business and Annie would want to talk family. He had no taste for either at the moment. Lunch date and Led Zeppelin a few floors up. Bacon cheeseburgers and B+.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Christine blinked as Ashley bounced on the bed asking if they'd kiss again so she could take a pic.

"Umm... well..." she turned towards Sierra as she stepped in the room since her question was less awkward to answer.

"Yeah ah'm fine... I woke up in an alleyway in New York and then... well..." she looked at Aleks with question in her eyes. Should ah tell her about Matt? Aleks was no telepath but she hoped he would read her look.

IC:

"Ashley. Hello." Aleks slipped his feet onto the floor and then put out a hand for Ashley to grab, which she eagerly did. "Want to go grab some coffee with me real quick? We need to talk a little bit about New York."

He turned back and shared Christine's look with a wry smile.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Tokiomi

<[Korean]: ... Yes, check the waters surrounding Seoul for any underwater construction sites like the one I sent in the photo... No, I do not know how it could have possibly gotten there without the Coast Guard noticing... Anyways, just check for any construction-hold on. [Portuguese]: Hello? Did you find anything? You did... Okay, so it was one kilometre off the shore of Rio de Janeiro? Okay, that's showing some degree of consistency-sorry, have to go. [italian]: You didn't find anything... Perhaps try checking the waters around Naples? The Sleeper that appeared in Rome took a little bit longer than the other ones to surface; maybe it traveled farther-oh, somebody's on hold, bye. [Afrikaans]: Hello... You mean they built the thing in Namibian waters before sending it to Cape Town... Okay, so the Namibian government doesn't know anything about it either. Okay, I'll get back to you once I find something more substantial.>

After the torrent of phone calls from his contacts around the world ended, Tokiomi rested his head on his desk in exhaustion. He not only had to copy the memories of more than five translators just to communicate with the foreign representatives but said representatives had assaulted him with slew after slew of questions. In between holding conversations in languages he had barely learned the previous hour and trying to deal with seven angry people over the phone at once, Tokiomi had all but used up his mental stamina. He struggled to lift his head off of the desk, but his neck muscles refused to obey him. "Come one, I still have a load of paperwork to file..."

When he had joined SHIELD, he originally was in the intelligence field, but when SWORD came knocking, they apparently wanted him to be the one to deal with all the angry aliens phoning every five minutes (they apparently ahd a deficit of office workers and PR officials up there, as ten to one of the poeple up there were in the science field). He had worked as an intergalactic diplomat's secretary (of all things!), answering the comm line, filing papers, boring himself to death watching his boss argue with Kree and Shi'ar officials over hologram, and every other manner of tedious office work. SWORD must have put in a good word for him for as soon as he was sent back to Earth, he was transferred into foreign affairs. He had barely been able to stuff the many years of training required for the job into his head before being sent to work in another drab and dreary office. Soon enough, he began to crave field work, something he originally detested.

An unfinished report waiting to be sent to the Federal Government hovering on his computer monitor, the phone on his desk incessantly ringing, notifications on the screen blinking, he had a mountain of work to do, but in a rare moment of sloth, he found himself very unwilling to get to it. "Come one, get up, get up," he muttered to himself, but to no avail, as he drifted off to sleep.

IC: Ashley

"Okay!" Ashley chirped, happily oblivious to the much darker mood that seemed to have come over the room. "Coffee sounds great!"

IC: Red Skull

The leader of HYDRA frowned slightly, the information was relatively minor, but it could be used to their advantage if played out right. If the experiments were making new friends well...that could easily be used against them. He would have his top operatives collect as much information on these individuals as possible.

"If that is all, you may leave and began preparations for your next mission." Reyson didn't interest him any longer, his usefulness would now be decided by his next mission at the Nebraska lab.

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Alaric had never grilled a burger with such ferocity.

The bacon had been done for a few minutes and sat in the microwave, ready to be warmed up again once the two patties were completed. The Winter Olympics were playing on mute in the background, overwhelmed by the Led Zeppelin Ric had been blaring through the apartment to try and expunge the thoughts of Anberlyn and Terrigen from his head. It was working - halfway. The grill on his counter sizzled loudly as Ric turned the burgers over. Another few minutes and they'd be ready.

What kind of mist whispered? Marianne hadn't told him that part. She was Inhuman, though, so maybe it didn't whisper for her. Maybe it reacted the wrong way around other people. Mutants? Didn't explain the crew in Africa. Humans in general? More likely. But what would someone do with that amount of Terrigen? Unless they could replicate it the way Marianne had, or unless they had prior experience with crystals, it was hopeless. Something Hank McCoy had once told him came to mind, but he couldn't remember what. Some history lesson. He would have killed to have Hank back right now. Or Tara. Or Ashlynn. Or even Howlett, or Warren. Someone. A real friend. He would have killed to bring them back.

"Careful, you'll burn it." Ashlynn said from beside Ric as she sat on the counter with a bemused smile on her lips.
"I never burn it," he shot back in a low, defensive mutter as he sliced tomato. When he realized what the voice belonged to his finger slipped and nearly sliced off the finger that he wore his ring on. Blood from the new cut by his knuckle trickled onto the linoleum and Ric turned on a hyperkinetic reflex, knife at the ready. He wanted to stab her. Shank her. Cut her throat. Scream at her. He could do it all. It would be simple.
His mouth tugged in an automatic, unstoppable little smile; it took two painful seconds to put his game face back on. "I can bring you back. I get it."
"Can you? Do you promise?" she asked. Her shimmering emerald eyes filled with emotion.
"I don't know how, Ash. Tell me how. And don't say blood magic. When people say blood magic, ###### always gets hairy."
"I don't know, Ric... but you have to. For us. You will find a way... follow your heart... please Ric, before its too late." She caught fire then. It wasn't a slow burn. It happened instantly. Then she burned away, leaving behind nothing but ashes until they too vanished from sight. As if they'd never existed.
That conversation had hit a little too close to home for Ric; it took him a minute to realize he'd almost burnt the burgers. Numbly, neurotically, he took a spatula and brought them off the grill, slowly beginning the prep work.
He lost track of how long he'd been prettying up his lunch, but when he was done, Lynae Rosewood was standing at the door, watching his cut finger.
"Check the fridge," he said dismissively, sucking some of the blood off his knuckle. "There's less bourbon in the blood there."
-Tyler
Edited by young sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Lynae

"You know, I do eat other things besides blood." She smiled as she made her way into the kitchen, the burger smell reaching her nose quickly.

She remembered on of her first cook out really. Lynae and her sister had decided to try their hands at cooked burgers for the first time. Both of them had miserably burned their beef patties to the point that it was laughable. Her sister had bitten into it and it crumbled almost immediately, leading to them grabbing take out.

"... I actually really like burgers." She admitted shyly as she stared at the cooking meat.

IC:

Ric laughed at that for a second or two before he looked back at Lynae, smiling expectantly and sitting on the counter the way Ashlynn had. Her eyes were on his burgers hungrily. He wondered how many humans she'd looked at with that kind of stare over the centuries. Trying to hide his dismay at not being able to go full glutton (this time), he took a few steps backwards and pressed the "QUICK" button on the microwave. T minus thirty seconds; to bide the time he lifted himself up onto the counter opposite her and crossed his ankles, swinging like he was on a playground.

"Well, looks like you're having the lucky day to end all lucky days." Alaric smiled and gave her a two-fingered, somewhat lazy salute before leaning his head on his hand and putting his elbow on top of the microwave. "How was breakfast with the twin? Did she play nice?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

The vampire gave a slightly girlish giggle as she observed him jump onto the counter. He had to be one of the oddest boys she had ever met, that's for certain.

"Actually... Annie and I are friends now." She replied with a grin. "I think we may even go shopping together sometime soon."

IC:

"Wow, she got the message quick!" he laughed, sitting up straight as the microwave buzzed underneath him. The Black King popped open the door with his elbow and slowly slipped to his feet as the smell of bacon closed the gap between his counter and Lynae's. With three fingers, he casually hefted it out of the appliance and slid it back onto the counter, organizing his own cheeseburger with ketchup, mayo, tomato and bacon. The vampire licked her lips.

Oh. Right. It would be easier to pretend she wasn't staring at the second burger if she wasn't hot, suggestive, didn't know him, and, well...if she wasn't staring at the second burger. He pushed the instinctive fight or flight instinct down. You are worth fifty billion dollars. You could do anything, have anything, be anyone in the world. People love being around you. They love to love you. You are perfect, Alaric James Carlisle.

You can always get another burger. "Do you do bacon?"

"...Is the Pope Catholic?"

"Allegedly," Alaric Carlisle deadpanned, and put a few slices of bacon on her burger. "So. Annie's making friends. Good."

-Tyler

Edited by young sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"Yes... I invited her to my room, we had tea, and she looked at my photos from my... younger days." The vampire chuckled and plucked a piece of bacon off of her burger and popped it in her mouth. Delicious..

"If your sister was anymore of a good friend I'd just get rid of you all together." She told Ric with a teasing wink.

IC:

"I believe it," he said wryly, taking a bite out of his burger and bending over backwards off the counter to take a peek at the fries in the oven. Another five minutes. He sat up gracefully and took another bite out of his burger. Anberlyn had been remarkably quick on the uptake, quicker than even Ric had expected. Next thing you know she'd be knocking drinks back with Romulus and and toasting to the new Pax Romana. Unless...

He winked back and reached up into the cabinet above him, plucking a bottle of Maker's Mark off the shelf. He caught himself in the act and stared forlornly for a second or two before shuffling it away, reaching out with his foot to pop open the minifridge with a boot, and stretching to wrangle up a Dr Pepper.

"So," Ric said, turning back to her with that careless, irreverent grin of his, "what made you decide to talk to her? Don't gimme that look. She doesn't make her moves that quick. I do, but I move at three times the speed of any other human you've ever met. I know people. I know my sister. And I know she wouldn't seek you out willingly. Not yet. So why'd you wanna chat?"

The soda hissed as he cracked it open.

-Tyler

Edited by young sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"You know, I'm not as heartless as I look." She replied, her light blue eyes staring at him. "I realized that I was in a position that I had once been a victim of such."

She looked down for a moment, remembering how it had been when she had been alive. Her family had turned on her... No one wanted her and everyone was quick to get rid of her. It had been horrible. Plus... She couldn't split a family.

Edited by Rawrmouse

IC:

"You were a victim." Alaric took a huge gulp of his Dr Pepper, to the point where it looked like he was trying to drown himself in soda, and then set it down on the counter, staring into the flatscreen TV three rooms away. He took a bite out of the burger; a particularly crispy slice of bacon crunched between his teeth, and he chewed pensively for a minute before swallowing.

"You've been twenty-two for your entire life. When the Phoenix broke loose, you could comprehend everything that happened, no matter how fast or how crazy. Me...well, I mean, kids never comprehend things like that, do they? When your dog dies, it goes to a butterfly farm. When your bike gets stolen, your dad buys you another one, same color and everything, and you never even know it got stolen. When everyone you never knew dies in a week and a half, you know, you assume that they're all out doing something. In a hundred places at once. You never think...how could so many people, from all walks of life, powerful people, good people...what could just kill them?"

His soda bottle was bone dry. It had been two litres a minute ago.

"When I got the news about the Phoenix, the first thing I asked was the first thing every kid wanted to ask, you know: 'Where's Daddy?' Miss Jean dated my dad in high school. No way she would kill him. But no. He was dead - I mean, at the time, he was dead. So then I asked, 'Well, where's Mister Summers? Where's Mister Logan? Where's Mister Gambit? He always used to play card games with me, taught me how to play poker before I even knew what poker was. Mister Nightcrawler used to play hide and seek with me. Where are they at? And then sooner or later, your brain starts to realize that it's getting the same answer over and over and over." Above him, the cabinet door opened up. Subconsciously, he felt the bottle of Maker's Mark bourbon slip into his hand. "I was six years old, and I was the only kid there who was old enough to understand. 'It was time for me,' I was told, 'to be a big boy. And realize what they died fighting for.' I was six years old. A freshly minted child soldier."

The bourbon burned his mouth when it went down, but it was a good burn. Like a kiss would burn sometimes, long after the fact.

"I had to be the role model, too. Wasn't enough that I was being put through simulations and weapons training since before I could dress myself, but it was my job to watch these kids like an adult before I even had time to grow up myself. And you know me, I mean...I was ###### at it. I mean, I was drinking all the time, blowing time on scouting parties around Westchester, trips to the city...I used to turn up so much at parties the night before a midterm that Ashlynn actually had to steal my car once or twice just to drive out to where I was, pick me up, and then drive me back. And you know, Hank McCoy, Hank had this way of managing to tear you to shreds without actually raising a voice or even saying something cruel, he would just...talk, and you'd feel like you might as well just be dead for all the good you'll do in the world. So graduation night, senior year, I packed up my dad's old Corvette with my stuff, drove out to California, and went to college. Didn't tell anyone where I was going. Know how they found me? They stalked me with that mutant tracker of theirs. Hunted me down while I was trying to live my life. I have a Master's degree in three subjects, and they dragged me back to be a history teacher. Because I needed to be a role model again. And all these kids I was supposed to look after, I mean, half of them were ######ups themselves. And they treated me like family. I didn't want to be their family. I didn't need it. But they accepted me...they loved me. All I ever did was practically throw them the finger, and I was the cool big brother for the entire mutant race. Ever since I was six years old. And they wonder why I drink."

His laugh echoed with the weight of whiskey and he set the bottle down; the empty glass container rank out with a clang when it hit the bloody linoleum.

"My sister," he said, in that same artificially deep voice, "is a scheming, bipolar, pragmatic ######. Half this Club wants her dead. By this time next year, it might be half the world. She's more trouble than she's worth...and I don't know where I'd be without her. So thank you for saving her. You'll never know what it means to me."

-Tyler

Edited by young sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"I was a kid once too you know. I was a child in times before good medicine and technology, when most of the people you knew died of plague, and when any difference got you killed. So you know Alaric, just because I'm old now doesn't mean I didn't know how it felt." She snapped, her usually sweet voice now sharp like the very blades she kept up in her room.

She walked out of the kitchen, her hands crossed as she looked out of the window. "Ric... I've lived almost 800 years... Do you even know how many people I've lost? How many faces I learned to cherish only to slowly watch them wither away as time eroded them away until it's withered hands dragged them into the abyss, away from me... I've... I've lost everyone." She whispered, biting her lip for a moment. She was letting her guard down, which may lead to be dangerous... yet she was still somewhat human and sill prone to make mistakes.

"As for your sister... I'm glad to help. I hope.. I hope I can help her grow into a good woman. Or at least be a friend that is there to support her. Everyone needs someone to be there for them." Even me.

IC:

Ric Carlisle would rather die now - once and for all - than grow old. For the first time, when he looked at Lynae Rosewood, staring out the window to try and pretend her composure wasn't slipping, he realized that's exactly what she was. Old. Nearly ancient. And she was just as alone as the twins were. It was a thoroughly damning, depressing thought.

"You know, Lynae--" he began softly, not even sure what he was going to say after that. The oven saved him; the fries dinged, signaling their completion. The hyperkinetic reached down and plucked them from the oven. Finally pushing himself off the counter, he grabbed a platter and carefully poured them on a dish, salting them moderately (okay, maybe a little more than moderately), squirting some ketchup in two little puddles on opposite ends of the plate, and carried it over to the window. The sunlight caught the glass and beamed it diagonally, out onto the balcony. It was a pretty day.

"I could live eight hundred years and I probably still wouldn't trust you," he confessed, twirling a fry in some condiment and popping it into his mouth. "People usually don't survive eight hundred years by doing stupid things like that. But I like you well enough. For a bloodsucking gnat of a woman who's never gone to prom. A few days ago, you said if I ever needed to talk about anything in the world, you were at my beck and call." He dipped two fries in the opposite end of ketchup and held them out to Lynae; a little bit dripped onto another cluster of fries, barely missing the windowsill. It looked almost like dried blood. "I can be at yours, if you want."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"That's very comforting." She said with a roll of her eyes as he said he wouldn't ever trust her. Was it really that hard to do?

She hesitantly took the fries and looked at them before before her eyes met his. Her free hand gently cupped his cheek. "Thank you, Ric..."

Another one I'll miss. She thought solemnly as her eyes continued to meet his.

IC:

I gave a sad smile. "At least someone can understand now."

IC:

"Yeah, ah did have a sort of Ah' know how you feel moment back there." Christine said. "The only thing is it seems like it won't be quite safe is Ah touch you anymore to absorb your powers. Sorry honey but unless I could learn to control that thing that could be dangerous. I already shot at yah in that form once."

She then became less serious after Dallas and Ashley were away. Her face reddened a bit. "You Ah, didn't see anything back there when the door opened right?" Christine said as some of her brown hair fell over her eye, the rest tied back in a dark purple cloth.

IC:

Lynae's hand had touched his cheek for three seconds when Ric popped another fry into his mouth and pulled away to chew. The moment had gotten too deep, too quick, and he thought of a Danger Room simulation from a different lifetime. Lynae was sharp, cunning, hot, and there was a chunk of her that may just have been genuinely altruistic (as well as a chunk that was definitely lonely) but their relationship was professional. Friendly. Therapeutic at best. But he hadn't known her nearly long enough for her to replace Ashlynn, and she may have been wild but she wasn't a tenth as explosive or as entertaining as Taralynn had been. Even Tali had stuck with him, in his own way, and that had been a couple of flings separated by two years. Lynae was great. But she wasn't for him; her touch was the touch of something that was trying very hard to not be cold and dead, and Ric had a hard enough time of that on his own.

He had lied, though. He did trust her. Only a little, yes, but he trusted Romulus not at all and even Anberlyn had her ups and downs. His own head was filled with dreams of girls long gone and phoenixes and whispers. Anything he took at face value could be used against him. He swallowed a fry and then moved in on two more. Lynae's eyes were still gazing into his. Letting someone look at you isn't cheating, he reminded himself, but Ashlynn had been on his counter five minutes before and she had looked real enough. Could you cheat on a ghost? What about an angel?

"It's only fair. Your support over the last year has done a lot for my family."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Ashley, I don't know if you should drink it so fast, whether it's free or not..." Aleksandr advised calmly, sipping on his own coffee as Ashley lifted her leg and tossed her fourth cup underneath her knee into the trash can with a buzzer noise. Vinewhip sat down after that, hands fretting across the table and slapping at his hand when he strayed too close.

"But it's freeeedoommmm in a cup!"

"Ashley..." Aleks started, darting out his hand and catching hers, holding it tightly. "You know we were in New York, right? Well...some stuff went down. People who needed saving were everywhere. We got into fights, and we saw friends, and...and there was an accident..." It should be easy enough to say. Come on, Belikov, you're not a stuttering ignoramus, you can get it out. "Matty's a hero. He's...he's a hero, and he's brave, and he deserves better than this, and...and he's dead. I'm so sorry. Christ. I'm sorry."

-Tyler

Edited by young sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME