Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"You explode when you transform? Every time?" she asked as she continued to try to push the bone back in place.

IC:

"Ah, well hopefully she is alive and well." Jennifer said her eyes blinking behind her glasses.

She glanced at Vivus and smiled. "Maybe it isn't a very successful tactic, but it did make you stall for an instant. That's all you need in a firefight sometimes." Jennifer wasn't looking for a huge firefight however. She was more interested in hacking the Hydra base and downloading their precious data.

"Right, I have what I need. Let's get to the hangar." Jennifer said as she began to walk out of the room.

IC:

Dominik had to leave in a hurry it seemed. He'd given Kane permission to visit the mansion before he'd left. It had been a single curt nod. Kane had gotten tense once the Feds had showed up but he hadn't done anything. Once they were gone Kane moved quietly to his own tent within the camp. He grasped his fire-resistant sword before strapping it to his back.

The wind pulled at his jagged black hair as he left the tent and walked through the camp heading towards an abandoned and damaged car from the Sleeper attack. Kane slid into the black pickup truck and then placed the keys in the engine before driving away from the camp.

IC: Lynae

The vampire's ears perked up as she heard a door close and foot steps go down the hall. "Abby my dear, I think my guest is leaving... Wait here for me."

The vampire grinned as she walked down the hall, following Kristen. She waited however till the girl was outside for a few minutes before joining her.

"So... You want to go home?"

Ooc: oh yea, I was writing in first person, wasn't I? XD

Ic:

I lowered my head, closing my eyes and hoping tears would fall out as I spoke. I was certainly shaking... Why was I shaking? I've been through that makes stuff like this barely even seem important!

"... I'm worthless. I'm not good at anything... And I'm in a body that I've only had a year of experience with. I don't have any powers anymore, I don't know anything useful, and I have a mind full of other people, each and every single one of them wanting to kill me, every single moment of my life!"

I was sniveling. Somewhere in my subconscious, the little box of reason and logical thought was calling out for me to get a grip. Why was I about to cry about this!?

Because I knew that it was true. A truth I've been hiding for the past year. Ever since I lost my powers... I couldn't do anything. I was just a drain on everything that the institute, that dal, that lynae could do for other people.

I was just a distraction. A pointless distraction, leading to nothingness.

For the first time, I wondered if the voices were right. And in the span of the couple of seconds it had taken me to think of all this, I finally broke down ad began to cry.

And once again, I just wanted to run into lynae's arms, and I didn't know why.

The vampire hugged the crying girl, a thing that was now becoming common place apparently. "It's okay... Things are hard at first but I bet you can rediscover your powers. I've heard of it happening you know? Just don't give up..."

"Plus... You have to show all those that hated you and doubted you what you can do."

IC:

"Card!"

There was the curious sound of glass, falling to the pavement clinking like little hard raindrops, as Ultimate Dallas Green reached through the shattered mess he had made of Alex Smith's driver's side window to pop the door open. He stepped out of the car with a cocksure, wry grin on his face, long black hair ruffled from squeezing into a stolen car, looking like a million bucks of punk glory and glib arrogance. "You had me worried, kid," he laughed carelessly as he strode forward. "I was half-sure I'd have to dump a body into the Hudson tonight. You're lucky I don't - I only stole a two-seater."

The closer he got, the louder Kristen's sobs echoed in his ears, and slowly the grin was replaced by something more serious, pursed lips and wary electric eyes.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

"Hey... You must be Kristen's friend." She greeted him with a sad smile as she comfortingly rubbed Kristen's back.

"She is sort of... Having a break down right now.... Because of her powers and the voices." She said sadly. "Hey.. Kristen, dear, your friend is here."

IC:

"And she brought you to the Upper East Side? Taxi fare must have been heII on Earth. Well, nice to meet you and all. Card, you've missed a lot. Ashley's in town, Rebekah's starting to warm up a little, and the guidance counselor has roped me into an appointment Thursday - it's gonna be a blast and a half. Even John Howlett is showing up every now and then! You should see him, he looks like in a handbasket, he's shaved bald, he's lost fifty pounds and his eyes look like hailstones. He looks like Anne Frank on a three-day bender." He pulled out his phone and waved it around enticingly, a playful grin on his face as he flipped his hair out of his eyes and the screen blipped to life. "There's pictures on my Insta-graaaam~"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Abigail

Abigail gave Lynae a simple nod as she pulled a blood bag out of the fridge and bit into it with her fangs, drinking it like a Capri Sun. As soon as Lynae was a good distance down the hall and heading outside, Abigail decided to follow.

When Abigail dared to go outside, still holding the blood bag with her fangs, she crept up to some nearby bushes and hid behind them, she was close enough so that she could eavesdrop. She was curious to see what Lynae was doing with the interesting people outside.

Slurrrrrp...

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

The vampire was a bit taken aback by this man's...unusual behavior, but continued to smile softly.

"Well Kristen," she gently stretched her arms out, wiping the remainder of Kristen's tears away. "If you need anything, ever I mean, just call me okay? And come back soon."

Ic:

At the mention of John's name, my blood began to boil, and I felt my hands ball up into small fists...

Until I felt Lynae's comforting touch. I nodded up at her, before standing up.

"Yes... I'll be back at some point," I said quickly, and softly, "I promise..."

Then I walked over to Dallas, having the good fortune to remember to pick up the phone I'd dropped as I walked towards him.

"So... You said... Other people besides you... They missed me..?"

Edited by Au'Rehn Rising

The vampire smiled sadly, hanging her head a bit before standing up tall again. "You kids have fun now." She waved as she began to walk away.

"Oh and Abby, get out of that bush!" She called back.

Edited by Rawrmouse

"Oh sh-" Abigail scrambled back toward the mansion and went inside as quickly as she could, running back to where Lynae had left her. With any luck she'd never know that she'd left.

She lay on top of the bed, still sipping away at the bag.

IC:

"The others," Dal confessed, putting his hand through the shattered wreck that was once a passenger's side window and opening the door for Kristen with a sort of playfully dark chivalrousness. "Tali. Ashley. Rebekah mentioned something about a numerical disadvantage. Me especially."

He slid across the hood and hopped into the car, landing hard in the driver's seat and closing the door behind him with a grin.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Abigail couldn't help but grin even as she finished off the blood pack. When it was fully drained she tossed it into the nearby trash can lazily.

"This bed is so comfy." Abigail attempted to change the subject once again, the sneaky devil she was.

"Yes and it isn't yours to sleep on. And we aren't changing the subject." She added with aggravation. "This isn't the coven, you're an outsider." She glared at Abby as she spoke.

"You can't act like this around the people. People will not be worried to lash out at you violently."

"Then Abby, you should have just openly come along." She sighed as she rubbed her temples in frustration.

"People here do not take too kindly to people that sneak around. Everyone is suspicious of everyone already and having someone blatantly sneaking about will cause more anxiety among some members. That is dangerous."

IC:

"If I'm lucky, yes. Other times it's uneven, certain limbs being ripped apart internally before others." I looked down at my arm. "I think you've almost got it."

IC:

"This isn't as easy as it looks..." Christine said as she continued to try to place the bone back inside the girls arm. "Shouldn't you be screaming?" it looked incredibly painful.

"Or are you used to it?"

IC:

He didn't know why he was laughing, but when he read Nicole's text he couldn't help but practically giggle; Dallas lost it for several seconds and he accidentally elbowed over half a beer. The can rolled around on the floor, spilling amber liquid onto an old textbook or two lying nearby.

Things are weird here, tbh. They're saying Matt's dead. Warren's supposed to talk about it tomorrow. The news was going around the grapevine from people who heard it from people who heard it from people who used their enhanced hearing to snoop in on a conversation involving Ashley at lunch earlier. Ashley won't leave the garden. I'm really drunk. A little high. Things are weird. He figured it was a good time to send the message at that point - it was getting a little long, and he had started to repeat himself. As soon as he hit enter, he stared at the conversation on his iPhone and sighed before tapping out a second message in quick succession.

Come home, Nicole.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME