Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: The talk with the councillor had helped things. Helped him get things straight in his head. If he wanted an actual life and prospects for when he was done he needed to start from the ground up.

And that was why Alec was slumped by the wall outside the teacher's lounge. Someone in there had to need an assistant, be they benevolent to give a guy a first chance or lazy enough not to want to do all their own paperwork. And once he had career experience he could see to getting an actual career. Or decide it wasn't for him and go back to beating up giant racist robots. Whichever.

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: John and Jack

"Would you like something to drink?"

"I'll have water."

"I'm fine, thank you."

Ivan went to his frig and got a bottle of water for John. John was a bit parched from looking all over New York to find him. So was Jack, but he didn't want to show it.

"Here you go old friend. Please, sit." He gestured to the couch.

The two then sat on the dark blue couch as Ivan slowly sat in his leather chair.

"So what brings you here John."

"After Colombia I thought we would never see each other again. Though we moved on with our lives, someone needed to see you. A family member who's life was in shambles. You do know sbout your grandson right?"

"No. I never even knew until now. I haven't heard from my son in years. In fact, the last I heard from him since the marriage. I thought he had forgot about his old man after that; not a single call or letter to show he cared."

"What happened to him?" Asked Jack.

"Well, we had an argument the day of the wedding. Though I forgot what it was about."

"Seems like you said something to #### off your son, Ivan."

"So it seems."

"I didn't know until years ago that I had three children. But the thing is, I became sterile after Bikini Atoll. My friend who helped me out in the '64 mission was responsible for taking my DNA, and putting it into my lover. Since then, I hated him for going against my back to do such a thing."

"Can't blame you, John. Did you ever find your kids?"

"I did when I did some digging into the library. One's dead, the other M.I.A, and the other is working with some homeland security agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D."

John took a sip of his water before continuing. "The one that's dead, is the one that tormented this boy."

Jack then showed shock in face. He could not believe what he heard. His godfather, was the son of the man who's been helping him this entire time! "What?! He...was your...son?!"

"Well this isn't good." Muttered Ivan.

"Yes he was, but I did not approve of what he did, nor the fact that he used you to gain a personal vendetta." He then turned to Ivan. "This boy here...is your grandson, Ivan."

"What? Are you serious? "

"Look at him. He looks just like you when we met all those years ago."

Ivan got up from his chair and looked hard at Jack's face. There was no telling that Jsck did resemble his appearance back when he was young. He put his hands on Jack's face, and a tear ran from Ivan's eye. He then hugged Jack as hard as he could, and Jack wrapped his arms on his grandfather. A man he so painstakingly tried to find. "My grandson."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

Nicole stared at her phone in shock for several minutes. What does he mean Matt's dead? She thought.

Dallas? Is he really dead? I'd come back right now but I feel like everyone hates me after what happened.

What had she been thinking? She wasn't cut out for Hellfire. She didn't have the backbone to do the things she'd need to do here.

IC:

"Well you need to learn to control yourself." Christine sighed as she let go of the girl's arm, her gloves stained with red.

Ic:

"Dal. I owe you an apology," I suddenly announced, glancing at the suave dimensional-hopping chronokinetic, "I mean... While I'm around, I got you in trouble... I'm the reason why you're here... I probably did something to screw up your relationship with tali on accident..."

I glanced away, pulling back my sleeve and fiddling with the locking mechanism in my arm. A useful enough distraction to serve the purpose of not having to look at dal's expression as I said these things, "and the second I go for a bit... Things start to look up for you. "

I popped my arm out of the socket, examining the wires before putting my arm back in my shoulder.

"I guess... What I'm trying to say is... Sorry for being here."

IC: Lilliana

It was about the time that Alec was waiting outside that Lilliana deciding to go to her class room. However, before her second heel could make a click on the floor she spotted Alec.

"Oh hello! Are you one of the students here?" She asked cheerfully, being in an especially good mood after enjoying an iced green tea.

IC: Lynae

"Look, the reason I say this is because I've known you for a long time and I care about you." She patted the girl's head gently. "You are essentially my family."

Edited by Rawrmouse

IC: "Well sort of a student, yeah." Alec answered, "I mean, I do go to classes here, or used to anyway, and I'm part of the team when the team gets together. But I'm probably supposed to have graduated by now, which I don't think matters much around here but probably does if I ever want a, you know, proper job. So I was just hanging round here in case one of the teachers culd give me one. A proper job I mean."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

"Oh you're an x-men? I was one too when I was here last." She suddenly blushed. "I didn't introduce myself! I'm Lilliana Schneider, the new English teacher." The blonde grinned as she held her hand out to Alec.

IC: Lynae

The vampire blushed and gently hugged her back. "There there, little one."

Edited by Rawrmouse

She began to giggle softly as she observed his horrible way of trying to redeem himself. "Yes, yes I'm the ice mutant. But you can call me Miss Schneider or Lilliana if the former sounds too stuffy.... But now that you mention it, I've seen you before too.. It's uh Alex? Or something like that, right?"

IC:

"Aw, come on, my relationship is totally on me. Things with Tali were screwed up all the way back to when you could still thumb wrestle yourself," Dal assured her - albeit with his usual manner of callousness. Wind shrieked through the stolen car's broken windows like a child trying to whistle with no front teeth; the midnight breeze was playing with Dallas' bangs.

"I should've broken up with her. I meant to." From the sounds of things, he didn't know who he was really trying to convince; the chronokinetic sounded more surprised that he still had a girlfriend than relieved, or even disappointed. Maybe it just hadn't sunk in for him yet.. "She just has this...masochistic need for me. How's that your fault?"

Dal stopped at the next red light (barely; the car still jutted out awkwardly like a broken bone in the intersection) and leaned over to plant an affectionate, platonic kiss on Card's temple. "You had me worried," he chided her, with record lows of bipolar menace. "You hungry? You wouldn't believe how freakin' famished I am, I feel like a Third World kid after a half-marathon. There should be a pretzel place open in some plaza. What do you say? Midnight snack?"

IC:

What could you possibly have discerned? Breaking news: mutant students spend their days hooking up; record number of classes skipped?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Ic:

"Uhm... Sure," I said, unable to decide if I was hungry or not. Food seemed to be the least of my worries as I bit my lip, trying to sort myself out before speaking my feelings. Which he could probably feel.

"Dal... I feel worthless," I said, grabbing the prosthetic and avoiding dal's gaze, "I can't use this new arm like my old... I don't have powers... And-"

I shuddered, restraining tears. I really didn't want to break down before. I already did so in front of lynae, but not in front of dal...

"I can't do anything!" I growled, my sadness and frustration evident in my voice as I clenched my hands, "all I ever was good at was fighting. Fighting ad killing. And that wasn't even me! All I got was a front-row seat to a showing of an insane copy of me killing over a hundred people, hurting so many others... And there wasn't anything I could do about that!"

I started taking deep breaths, shuddering as I felt my blood boil, and my eyes begining to well with water. A now-familiar salty water, the kind full of sorrow and despair.

"Dal... I just want all the problems gone... For me to have my arm, and my powers back... I- I want to do something... Not be worthless. Not how I am right now..." I said, lowering my head as I cried silently, my shoulder shuddering whenever I gasped for breath.

"A TA... Hmm." She thought a moment, a hand on her hip. Lilliana looked at Alec and then smiled. "I could... But I'll need to know more about you. Come, let's walk to my office and on the way you can tell me a bit about yourself."

John Harken- SHIELD Helicarrier

IC: Harken walked in to the hanger shortly after everyone else, armed to the teeth. In addition to his P90 and 9mm sidearm, the kinetacist had a second sidearm, this one a dart gun loaded with a powerful sedative. As an added precaution the P90 was loaded with armor piercing rounds. Several different types of grenades were in the pouches of his tactical vest which also carried several reloads for each weapon. Not that it could be seen but he also had a bullet proof vest on beneath it all in addition to his kinetic diversion frame. This was not a mission to go ahlfway durring the prep stage.

Stepping towards a nearby table he called out.

"Everybody ready?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: TLAW-001 Vivus

Vivus had at first walked with Jennifer and Marauder to the bay, but suddenly remembered Fury's words. "I'll be right back," he promised, as he ran back to the ammo dock. Just as Harken called for everyone's attention, Vivus sprinting on the scene, even using his jet boosters. "Sorry I was late, but I just remembered something. Fury advised us to take gas masks, right? Well, I didn't think to take them, because I can't breathe. But you guys do, and I don't want you risking your life for something so easily preventable." Vivus explained, starting to hand them out to the members of the group.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC:

No because of what I did to you. Nicole send back. She held back tears but she knew they could come if she let them. She felt an ugly twist inside her stomach as she thought about her kidnapping Dallas and how she'd taken him by surprise.

I should of never came here Dallas... it was a mistake.

IC:

"Mhmm, I'm ready." Jennifer nodded. She then looked at Vivus and kindly accepted a gas-mask.

"Almost forgot about these... thanks for remembering." she smiled before adding it to her equipment for the mission. She looked around at the faces gathered in the bay. They were SHIELD's best... they had to be if they were being sent on a mission this important. Or maybe we're all SHIELD has to offer right now.

IC:

"Ah'll follow you," Christine said as she walked after Sierra. "Let's get you passed up suga before you pass out." then I need to find Aleks and some new gloves...

Edited by Flex Till Death

IC: "Alright, just lead the way," said Alec. He was a little nervous, but to be honest this was going a lot better than he'd expected. How he'd envisioned it, there'd been a lot more laughing in his face

IC: "If that's everyone then, I have a few suggestions I'd like to put forward," Persephone chimed up. Like Vivus, and for the same reasons, she did not take a gas mask

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: "Well, I mean, sort of?" Alec hazarded a guess, "Its certainly my favourite language I can speak...so there's that."

IC: Persephone pressed a button on the holographic projector she'd brought. Blue light filled the air above it, which coalesced into a blue cube.

"This is the HYDRA compound we'll be assaulting," she said, "More or less. Exactly what defences they have is unknown to us, so I've left that blank. I suggest we divide up into two teams. Agent Harken, Marauder, Myself and Vivus in one, Agents McCoy, Nagato, Outhseren and Starling in the other." As she spoke tiny holographic representations of the octet appeared in the hologram, before separating into the teams she had described and parting to either side of the cuboid base.

"Team Striking Drag-er, Team One will move against the base first, in what is essentially a full frontal assault." The team formerly known as Striking Dragon moved closer to the front of the compound. She decided against using her chosen code-names for the teams. They made her sound a bit...childish when she said them out loud.

"Vivus and I have more firepower built into us than any one of you can carry, we're perfect for big flashy destruction. Harken and Marauder will provide support from a longer distance. Our main goal will be to break whatever defences we can find and to draw HYDRA's attention right at us. If they have such low fortification that we can smash our way all the way through to the labs inside, all the better, but mostly we're just supposed to be the decoy for Team Two." She pointed at the second team, which vanished momentarily from the hologram and reappeared inside the base.

"Team Two are the infiltrators. You will teleport inside the base using Agent Outhseren's magics. Er, I'm assuming it works that way, I didn't have much information on the specifics of your talent. Once inside, you each have skills useful for tracking down the information we're looking for. Agent McCoy, your experience with extraterrestrial technology beyond what Earth possesses should allow you to hack into HYDRA computers. Agent Nagato, you can pull memories right out the heads of any personnel. Agent Starling, I'm hoping you can get a scent of the two experiments off me and Agent Harken, which might allow you to locate the area they were held within the base itself. Agent Outhseren will be both your escape route and a means of keeping in contact with Agent Harken. Again, Miss Gasaammet, I'm making assumptions based on what I had available, but your files say you have some telepathy. A method of communication that HYDRA cannot block or intercept would be very useful for keeping the two teams in touch." She was addressing Sam directly for a moment, before going back to her big blue battleplan.

"I would advise Team Two to stick to stealth as much as possible. I know all of you could handle a fight if it came to it, but ideally I think we should be taking the information without them even realising anything was stolen for a while. Some of their manpower should be diverted outside against Team One, which should hopefully make it easier for you to sneak around undetected, but you'll have to deal with cameras and the like yourselves. Possibly another task for Agent McCoy there. Are there any questions?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

John Harken- SHIELD Helicarrier

IC: "Look like a good plan to me. However, I don't think that the both you and I should be on the same team. It would be best if somebody who could give orders was in command of each of them. Also, Team two should have a heavy with them in case they run in to one of the more nasty things that HYDRA likes to keep in their bases. As a distraction Team One does not need as many people so we could just shift you to Team two."

He sat there thinking for a moment.

"Do you have any other names for the teams? Just using numbers feels a bit unimaginative."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: TLAW-001 Vivus

"So I help smash everything around with you? Seems simple enough to follow." said Vivus. "However, what if HYDRA throws something at us that'll give us trouble? For example, EMPs aren't something I handle particularly well. Do we have a backup plan in case things go south for Team One?"

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Ic:

"One slight problem," Sam said, frowning, "I'll be able to teleport us... But I'll have no way of knowing where we'll end up without a glimpse inside. We could teleport inside the walls of the facility without that knowledge, ad I'd rather avoid that fate..."

"There's also the fact that I'll be severely weakened after teleporting, and I'll only have one larger spell left for the day... Unless I wanted to quickly cast a final spell that would kill me..."

IC Tokiomi

Oh...

Tokiomi stared down at the ridiculous amount of ammunition that he brought. "If I am to be placed on stealth," he commented, "then I appear to be severely overarmed." Still, it was a relief that he didn't have to go into direct assault right away, but...

"If I'm on Team Two," Tokiomi asked Persephone, "Then should I go change my armaments? I seemed to be under the impression that I would either be serving as covering fire or explosives, but apparently that is not the case..."

IC: Persephone shook her head at Harken, "I don't think putting me on the inside is a wise move. If you want a heavy, then I'd have to go in full armour." She indicated her bulky exo-suit with all its bells and whistles, "And sending that in will attract too much attention. Besides, all the tanks and walkers are going to be on the outside where they have room, and I probably pack the biggest punch of anyone on this team."

She looked round at the assembled agents, "Um, I mean no offence. I just have a lot of firepower, and most of it blows stuff up pretty quick." She looked back at Harken, "If you want to split you and I up, then perhaps go inside the base yourself? I admit I only put you in Team One to avoid getting our field leader killed in action, but your specific powerset is more suited to infiltration than mine. I'm noisy, obvious, and would have no room to manoeuvre inside the confines of the compound. As to names..." She looked down at her feet, one of which was shuffling awkwardly. If she could have blushed she probably would have. "I had considered Team Striking Dragon for the attack team, and Team Sneaky Monkey for the infiltration team..."

Fortson and Vivus asked their questions, and Persephone felt she should answer considering it was her plan. "Marauder, I had intended that you use your skills as a sniper to take out pilots or other personnel, like artillery crew. I certainly wasn't hoping you could go punch out helicopters." She gave him a reassuring smile. "Vivus, if things get too hot for us, we fall back. Either the HYDRA forces will withdraw into the base and give us a moment to recuperate, or they'll chase us and end up separating, allowing us to take them apart piecemeal."

Sam's issue with teleportation was a bit of a problem. Persephone had been rather hoping the mage could just open a portal anywhere she wanted. "The weakening might not be an issue. You say you could manage one more larger spell? Save it for teleporting everyone out. I'm assuming that, if we dropped you off somewhere in the area, you could teleport back to that area once the information had been procured? Getting in is going to be the tricky part though...if we got a description of their quarters from one of the girls we rescued, could you use that?"

She looked at Tokiomi, "I would hold on to the weaponry for now. We don't know precisely what they have inside the base, you may need it."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

The English teacher frowned, crossing her arms as she looked at him. "Tell me your favorite literary work and if you say Dr. Seuss, you can kiss being my aid goodbye. Not that I don't enjoy his books but this will be a high level English course."

IC:

Christine grabbed Sierra from behind and held the girl steady. "Come on don't yah pass out now you're this close to being done." she said as she reached down and opened the girl's room before nudging the door open with her foot.

"Where do you keep the bandages?"

IC:

Jennifer listened quietly to Persephone's plan. "The plan sounds solid to me," Jennifer nodded. "It shouldn't be too difficult for me to hack Hydra's systems. I should be able to take the cameras offline or at least loop them so they can't see what's happening."

She frowned when Sam spoke up. "That does sound troublesome... I suppose we should save your teleporation as a last result to get us out alive if things get to hairy."

IC:

"Yes, thank you, Mikhail. You're a pretty good cook, for a GI Joe." Tera quipped, setting her now-empty plate back down on the coffee table, and leaning back on the couch, craning her neck to stare up at the ceiling, eyes closed lazily. She stayed that way, silent, until Aella inquired indignantly about why she wasn’t allowed to consume caffeine.

“You’re not allowed coffee because you on caffeine would be disastrous. Same for Trinity, though I’ve yet to work out how to bar her from it.”

Rebekah Fell observed John silently, completely still. She made no move to attack, but she did not move to allow him entrance, either. It was a moment fraught with tension, as the son of Wolverine waited for his sentence and his judge, jury, and executioner pondered her verdict. It was a full moon, that much was true; Traditionally, he would have been forced into a lycanthropic form at this time. His body language was different, as well. The John that had been branded a target had been savage and domineering in tone and body language, even when what he said was intended to prove the opposite. He had been an obvious danger, a liability, and she had taken action accordingly.

Apparently he had survived. This did not reflect well on her performance. She would need to be sure to confirm her target’s demise in the future. But to return to the topic at hand, she needed to decide what to do with him. She bristled almost imperceptibly at the word “Shadow”, but remained intently focused on the object of her analysis. Her eyes glowed slightly, violet light opposite red, indicating the complete readiness of her ability.

The former teammate had always been bordering on a liability. It had not been an issue during the Ultimates’ activities, as their methods had been much less fussy since the Phalanx invasion. But now, in a world such as this one, his violent tendencies had the potential to cause an incident. He had already caused rifts within the team that a simple cure for his condition would not solve. He was, by all counts, a high risk individual, and more than likely, a liability. It would be smartest to finish the job now, and eliminate that risk.

With a flex of mental muscles that was almost instinctual, a pistol appeared in her hand. With her speed, it would be enough; One shot to the head was all she would need to accomplish. Clean, swift, easy to clean up.

Every bit of logical training dictated her course. And yet… After a few moments of tense standoff, the pistol vanished again and she turned away.

“You have one chance, Howlett. Green will try to kill you. If you wish to live, convince him that you are no longer what you were.”

“If you violate that chance…” Her tone never changed, and yet it seemed somehow more menacing, an almost palpable danger within it. “I will eliminate you. Your survival was a miscalculation. Not one that will happen again.”

OOC: Several other posts to follow soon; These were the most pressing.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

He waited. For what seemed like an eternity as he stared her down. The woman who'd almost killed him a year ago. The girl who at one time had been his comrade, who stood with him against the legion of machine aliens that had tried to destroy his home. He stared at the barrel of Rebekah's gun as it appeared and she aimed it at him.

He closed his eyes then. This time waiting for the quick feeling of pain and metal tearing into his skull before he died. At least it would be quick. But the bullet never came. He opened his eyes again to see that the gun was gone. He blinked.

John nodded. "Thanks. You don't have to worry, I'm not going to violate anything. But keep an eye on me if you'd like." he said as he now entered the school.

"You put up one heII of a fight last time I saw you, just wanted to let you know that. I'm lucky to be here actually." John thought about what she'd said with Cali. He knew that Cali's first reaction would be to attack him, and he was expecting it. He only hoped that his one time best friend gave him the chance to speak like Rebekah did before he tried to take his life. John would try to keep himself alive but he wouldn't fight his teammates. Not now, never again.

"How many of the others are here? And still alive?" he asked. He knew a good deal would be MIA.

IC: Aella

"Fineeee." I drawled out, crossing my arms as I sat on the couch. I'd get my chance someday, I'd just have to be patient. Though it was now time to change the subject and let everyone conveniently forget about it.

"Mikhail, this is the best food I've ever tasted." I wasn't even exaggerating! Though since I hadn't tried many other foods besides tasteless bars I supposed it wasn't saying much. "Though now my stomach really hurts and I'm not feeling hungry...is that supposed to happen?" I hoped I wasn't getting sick.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar