Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Lynae

"I'm working, Abigail." She said flatly, sitting down at her desk with her invitations. The study was much older than most things on her floor. The desk was a beautiful wooden creation much older than Abigail and, amongst the shelves that filled the study, were books from all ages. Many were even originals that Lynae had obtained through her life.

IC: Abigail

Abigail looked around the study curiously, noting the very nice desk and the endless amount of books that looked older than dirt. It didn't go any further than this however as Abigail lost interest and focused on Lynae.

"Anything I can do to help?" Abigail was gonna go crazy if she didn't find something to do.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"Oooo! I love shopping!" Abigail exclaimed excitedly, shopping trips were always fun. Abigail didn't get to go on them very often, being a vampire sometimes made more normal things like shopping difficult to do.

Only problem now was the waiting part.

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

"Now this is for something very important, Abigail. And for you to understand how important... We must talk."

She stood up, towering above Abby in her black heels. "Abigail, that incident you had the bus... Can you tell me why that man wanted to hurt you? Why he was angry?"

Abigail's peppy demeanor became a bit more nervous at the mention of the incident on the bus. "Well...he was convinced I was a mutant. Judging by his VINCE JACKSON t-shirt I'd say he didn't like mutants...at all. I...I don't know why he hates mutants though...maybe because he's a racist bigot?"

A unsettling smile hinted on Lynae's lips but he quickly controlled it into a more comforting expression. "You are very close, my dear."

"Now first thing, Abigail, we are mutants... A special kind. Our normal genetics have been mutated, making us what we are. They and us... Are one.." She gently patted the girl's head. "Now.. As I was saying, the reason the man did that as because he doesn't understand what we are... He doesn't know what we can do and, sadly, he isn't alone."

Her eyes scanned one of the shelves before she pulled out a red leather bound book. She quickly flipped to a page and turned the book toward Abigail. On the pages was a large painting of a woman being burned on a stake during the 1500s. One could see the agony in her face and, surprisingly, vines erupting at the base of the stake, desperately trying to grab those burning their mistress. There was a simple caption on the bottom, inscribed in gold letters, Witchcraft.

"Tell me, what is this?"

Abigail had never really thought of herself as a mutant before, though now that Lynae mentioned it, it made a lot of sense. Being a mutant sounded more fun that just being called a vampire anyway. Either that or mutant vampire...or vampire mutant...

"Tell me, what is this?" Lynae said, bringing Abigail out of her thoughts. In front of her was now what appeared to be a really old, red leather book. She coughed from the dust that was unsettled from the opening of the pages. The page is was now settled on was a painting of a woman being burned at the state.

"Ohhhh I remember learning about this stuff in school before I became a...mutant. Way back whenever they used to burn people at the stakes because they thought they were witches." Abigail glanced at the vines that erupted from the base of the stake. "She was a mutant."

"Good girl!" Lynae said before putting the book away. "Many of the so called 'witches' were mutants. People were afraid of them, just like they are of us." She watched Abigail closely, making sure she was paying attention.

"We need to make them understand us... Need to make them see what we can do... Make them love us. You see what I'm getting at?" She gently smiled at the younger vampire, her eyes, however, filled with a different emotion.

"There are other groups of mutants, but they are useless for my idea. They only cause more hatred for our kind or they don't do anything to help... Like the X-Men, for example. But... We can change that.... We can make our own team of mutants..." She gently lifted her glass, taking a long drink of the vampire's red elixir of life.

"You can help me rebirth the Hellions."

"They'll make us beloved... Under my command we can show the world what mutants are. They will no longer try to destroy us in anger if we are there to change their opinion.. But.." She smiled at Abigail. "First we have to get some members."

"Oh." Abigail seemed almost disappointed at the no kidnapping, however a ball sounded just as exciting! Even better in fact!

"So we're gonna go shopping for dresses?"

IC:

Little black submarines

Operator please
Put me back on the line
Told my girl I'd be back
Operator please
This is wreckin' my mind

Trying to hide from his own iHome, Alaric groaned and put his head down on the marble counter in his kitchen. He'd ###### away his night binging on Game of Thrones and then watching True Detective on the recommendation of his gothic-minded sister - he was running off no sleep and two late night grilled cheese sandwiches. Anberlyn herself had tried to stay awake with all intentions of hearing him narrate his HBO marathon, but had inevitably fallen asleep with her head tucked into a pillow and a throw blanket haphazardly chucked over her legs. His phone was lying on the counter. He needed to text Lynae. No. I need to shower. It's morning. He felt a little bit dirtier just realizing that it was time for a shower.

Oh, can it be

The voices calling me?

They get lost

And out of time

I should've seen the glow

But everybody knows

That a broken heart is blind

That a broken heart is blind

Ric stepped out of the shower just as quickly as he'd stepped in, blow drying his hair and slinging the towel around his bare neck. For convenience's sake one of his closets was built into a large enclave adjacent to his bedroom, for more casual fare, and he slipped into a pair of dark jeans and a black velvet t-shirt, black riding boots and a bleached leather belt. Yea or nay on the obnoxiously youthful white sunglasses? Why not? He knew he was fashionable, Lynae would love him anyway, especially on today - today, the most glorious of days! He took the glasses anyway and slipped them into his back pocket by one ivory temple arm. His phone buzzed an alert about some business call he needed to make, but he blew it away with nary a second thought and pulled up his first emergency contact.

MOON OF MY LIFE

My sun and stars

WAIT DO YOU WATCH GAME OF THRONES
I don't live under a rock... It reminds me of home.
Well that's pretty hot I guess. Guess who has two thumbs, impeccable taste, cheekbones of tungsten and is going to be in your room in ninety seconds?

"Me?"

GAH, Alaric texted back out of reflex, before he looked over his shoulder and saw the dimpled, youthful smile of Lynae Rosewood glinting back at him. "Gah!"

-Tyler

Edited by LONG LIVE TYLER

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Abigail didn't have to be told twice as she went for the bag and pulled out a black credit card. She held it like a treasure. It was around the same time that Ric came into the room, though Abigail was too busy thinking of all the things she could buy to really pay him much mind.

"Lynae...bubble gum counts as things I need right?"

IC:

Alaric gave Lynae his best Black King/Queen (Team Beautiful People!) affectionate grin. "Who says I don't work? i work all the time. But today's not a workday. Today's a 'Ric and Lynae Are Best Friends And Get Their Hair Did' day."

-Tyler

Edited by LONG LIVE TYLER

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Good..." Christine said softly. She stared at Sierra with fierce green eyes that were currently smudged with runny eyeliner.

"Guns? What the ****, why do you have a gun in here?" but before Sierra could answer she passed out.

Cursing silently too herself Christine grabbed the bandages she'd acquired before Sierra had gone all crazy on her and began to gently wrap up the girl's wounds. She couldn't leave her to die here in her sleep. Maybe that would be the best thing for her, seems like her life is constant pain.

Christine regretted her thoughts immediately. They were bitter and wrong, no this girl deserved a chance to live and mend her broken life. It didn't seem like she had anyone there for her. Maybe Christine was needed to help her.

When she was done she tossed the bandages away. She made a mental note to find any hidden firearms in Sierra's room later before quietly slipping out and closing the door. Christine walked down the hallway in a sort of fog.

She didn't make it too her room. Her legs gave way at some point and she found herself sliding down a cool wall. Her eyes glanced up towards the ceiling as fresh tears welled in them and threatened to burst like the levis during hurricane Katrina.

IC:

John's sneaker clapped against the pavement as he pushed followed by a quick kick. He glided down the pavement on his longboard, grinning to himself as he rolled over the earth rapidly. The wind tugged at his messy black hair as he glanced up at the rider next too him.

A girl with hair like fire riding an green bicycle. She laughed and stuck her tongue out at John as he looked at her. Ashlynn. His best friend.

They'd been friends since they were kids. They'd grown up together. Ash had kept John in line when he'd had his 'episodes' as she liked to call them.

Ashlynn picked up the speed, cycling faster as the sidewalk sloped downwards. "You better catch up Howlett or you'll make us miss the sunset." Ashlynn said as she dipped down the incline.

He followed her on his board diligently, crouching down on it to pick up more speed. He caught up with her easily. He reached out and grasped the back metal bar of her bike and grinned as she now pulled him forward without him exerting any effort.

Soon the park gave way to a small beach. Ashlynn stopped her bike and climbed off before resting it against a tree. John picked up his board and stuck it beneath the crook of his arm. They then walked down into the sand before he dropped the board onto the ground, grip-tape against the sand so they could sit on the smooth side.

The two friends sat down then and huddled against each other as the sun dipped closer to the waves.

"Sunset's nice." John said breaking the silence.

"Yeah it is." Ashlynn nodded as she looked at him. The sun lit up her red hair and made it even more vivid. He could see flecks of red in her emerald eyes as she looked at him. He could count every freckle. He wanted to kiss her more then anything but he turned away. They watched as the sun sunk below the horizon in silence.

"The sun's gone now, darkness will fall, but it will rise again and bring back the light." Ashlynn said.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know honestly, just trying to be poetic."

IC:

A black car pulled up too the school slowly. A door opened and Nicole Binder climbed out with a singe suitcase in her hand.

She sighed as she looked up at the school. What would they do to her when she came back? How would Dallas treat her? Would they kick her out? She wasn't sure what would happen but Dallas had told her to come home.

Hellfire wasn't home. She wasn't her mother and she never would be. Even if she had tried to learn from Annie. Hurting people wasn't her style, it had nearly destroyed her hitting Dallas on the head and kidnapping him.

Nicole walked up the first few steps and then stopped at the door. She then sent a single text.

I came home.

Edited by Flex Till Death

IC:

"Yeah, we did have that for today. And we had shopping, and lunch dates, and cameos in each other's selfies today, too."

"Yes yes... Of course." She said with a nod, her head rubbing her forehead as she did so.

"Someone's body language is distinctly grumpy this morning."
"I've been handwriting invitations all day." She replied simply. "That and taking care of Abigail."
Alaric pouted and tousled Lynae's hair with one hand. "In that case, I'll buy lunch and promise not to act sassy in front of the stylists."
"... Ric, remind me again why I think you're straight?" She said with a small, teasing smile.
"Remind me why you think I'm straight."
"I thought being romantically involved with women..."
"Okay, you caught me. Totally straight. Bummer, right?" Alaric beamed and wrapped Lynae's fingers around the other end of his credit card. "We should get moving. Today's gonna be a blast and a half, and I want to hear more about this little project of yours."
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Alaric Carlisle's facial expression was always tricky to pin down - his brow furrowed and his mouth twitched in bemusement before he leaned around the corner and pulled Lynae by the forearms with him.

"Everyone I trust," he said quietly, "either lives in this building, or would want me to move out of it if they knew I was here. This is your show. Fill it with your people."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"You're very frosty today. I thought we were gonna light up the city." Ric's lips drew in another pout and then he trailed behind Lynae lazily. "What's the worst you could have done? Is it Cher? Did you invite Cher? Annie says we look alike if I wake up on the wrong side of the bed.."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"No... I can't stand that woman." Lynae replied with a shake of her head. "No... Just some people that your old friends may have had unfriendly relations with..."

She did however stop and look at him as her sentence trailed off. "I do apologize for my attitude toward you. There's a lot on my mind."