Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Ashley

IC:

"...kick his butt!"

It was like a switch had been flipped in front of the tree. Aleksandr closed his eyes and took a deep breath of the garden air; it felt clear and pure, as much so as his thoughts, and for the first time since he'd woken up in that Red Cross camp he had a clear vision in his head. He had made tactical errors in the effort to sate Matt's curiosity and it had gotten him killed, but Ashley's frantic plea (so out there and unprecedented that even the gardener herself seemed surprised; she clapped her hands to her mouth as if she'd just let out a huge secret) had given him the peace of mind he needed to sort things out for himself. Gun at my hip. Wind in my hair. Doing my job. Being a warrior. The things he was good at rattled like bullets in his head. Kick his butt.

"You're a genius," rolled out of his mouth quickly, while he was hugging Ashley as the tree had 'commanded. Aleks kissed her on the forehead. "Never forget it."

"Oh." Now Ashley gave a lot of people hugs, getting one herself was always well...awesome! After a few moments she returned the hug. "I'll make sure to tell Dallas that everryyy day!"

But by then Aleks had already waved her goodbye and darted out of the garden, back toward the school proper. For once, he even forwent the ceremonial crawling through the vents; he took the stairs and vaulted over the railing to the second floor dormitories. A girl was just sneaking backwards out of her room, pulling a fair-haired boy along with her who looked so like Matt Summers for a second it would have given him pause if he weren't in such a hurry. Casually, to jog his memory, he patted the wall between each apartment's door until he found Christine's and knocked it open. She spun around in surprise, pale hands gripped tightly around the bottle. The bloodstained fingertip of a glove poked innocuously out of her hamper. Blinking, he realized that the bottle was whiskey, Maker's Mark - the cap was open.

"What happened to you?"

-Tyler

Edited by LONG LIVE TYLER

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Card, I scoured a dozen universes trying to see where you scampered off to, and I lost everything good about me to make it happen. And if you keep ###### apologizing for it, you might start to make me feel bad about it."

Kristen's face flushed at his words, looking away as she sipped the lemonade. Finally mustering up the inner courage to say something, she took her mouth off the straw to say, "... Thanks for coming to get me Dal... I-oh-u one for this..."

"Ah, don't make a fuss about it. If I get arrested for the pretzel gig, just sneak a hatchet under the glass at visiting hours, leave the rest to me, and we can call it square." Dallas pecked his fingertips and pressed them to Kristen's cheek. For a few minutes, the car ride descended into silence. Kristen's straw scratched against the ice; the Ultimate chronokinetic balled up the paper trash from one of the pretzels and tossed it out through the ruin of the window with a callous "Not my ######in' planet, not my problem." This seemed to remind him of something - his face lit up like a child's on Christmas and he pulled out his phone.

"Oh!" Dallas put both knees to the wheel and "steered" the car "straight" while he was logging into the Instagram app onto his phone. "Promise is a promise. Here you go -- wow, 305 followers, that would sound a lot smaller than what I'm used to if I actually knew 305 people in this universe -- pictures of the raw clump of beef that was once Johnathan Howlett. Look at him. Savor it. If he was an emoji, he'd be that beaten up little ###### with the huge X's where his eyes should be," Showstopper cackled.

IC:

Home? Whose home? What home? here?

Dallas pulled himself off Ric Carlisle's old desk and ran his hand through his ruffled blonde hair. Too high. Too drunk. This is why you're not supposed to get both at the same time. He groaned.

LikeWestchester here? I'm in Rics rold room. Kinda plastered hahahah. You look grat, by the way. There we go. She always loved compliments. Speaking of which...

Hei Alxe ho'ws it going? I'm in Ric's room. Preeeeetty blitzed lol. You should be here it'll be fun.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"He stumbled into the Institute yesterday, looking like John of the in' Dead. Disappeared the same day. Managed to jolt back in time once or twice to snap those when I realized." Dallas toasted with his lemonade and then tossed the rest flippantly out the window; the plastic cup burst on the pavement, spraying liquid and ice everywhere, where the stain seeped into the asphalt and was lost to the shadows of the early morning. "God bless him, the vicious ."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ashley walked through the halls of the institute, looking for Cinnabon. The kitten seemed to be quite elusive. She wondered if Dallas would know where he was. She decided to text Dallas, since she didn't know where he was either.

Heyyyyyyyyyyy where are youuuuu? <3<3<3 :3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

By the time the door behind Christine opened and Aleks stepped in calm and collected she'd finished a third of the bottle herself. She half turned towards him before taking another swig and wiping her mouth with the back of a pale bare hand.

"Sierra tried to stab the **** out of herself, Ah stopped her and she got some blood on mah favorite gloves."

Christine braced herself against the table to help herself stand. She looked at Aleks with freshly smeared mascara.

"And right about now ah'm tryin to numb the pain. How'd Ashley take it?"

IC:

Nicole got Dallas' rapid chain of texts.

Yes, I'm at Westchester, and you haven't even seen me yet silly ;).

She'd snuck in the front door so far undetected. She glanced around seeing if any welcoming party, or unwelcoming parry rather was about to show up and descend upon her.

Seeing that for now the coast was clear she made her way up the grand-stair case and headed for Ric's old classroom.

She pushed the door open and stepped inside. "Dallas?"

Edited by Flex Till Death

IC:

Ashlyeyeyeyyyy! ay love! i'm in ric's class, nicole dropped by. she doesn't thin teke that the illumianti's for her. i texted alex but he may bnot be coming either. :( be here? cheer me up? <333

The Californian looked up and to the right, pushing blonde hair out of his eyes clumsily. "Nicole?"

IC:

Aleks sighed and sat down on the bed, gently prying the bottle of whiskey out of Christine's clenched hand. "About as well as you'd expect. Sobbed for a bit, kind of lost it. Took me to pray in that garden of hers. Poor girl. Displayed uncharacteristic hopes for vengeance. Asked me to kick Daken's butt. It was one of the worst talks I've ever had." He took a long sip and tilted his head back to help it wash down.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ashley would have wondered how Dallas' spelling had gotten so messed up, but she figured he was just playing around.

Alrite then I'm cominnnnng! <3<3<3

Thankfully she was not far off from Ric's old classroom. She'd be there in a jiffy!

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Ric took Lynae's extended hand warmly and sidled up beside her with his careless, irreverent grin. When they walked outside into the all-enveloping bask of the sunlight it felt soft and natural; between his new, technically-partially-undead lease on life and her not bursting into flames like in all his old vampire shows, the morning had been better than anything money could buy. He laughed, for no other reason than that he could; the wind and the tux and the sun and the looming gala had all gotten him high on life, as tedious as the expression was, and he laughed for a few seconds at the beauty of it all.

Lynae smiled at him, a soft and sweet smile that almost never crossed her lips... Well not since she died. She had been different then; kinder, gentler, softer, warmer, happier... and more loving. It was all so far away now.

Now... Now she was just as Ric had said, a corpse.
"It's a lovely day."
"Yeah, yeah, it is," he agreed, tossing his hair and grinning. "So, you're going to be leading a team of impressionable young mutants too, now. What do you think? Should we get matching spooky mood rings to seal the deal?" He waved his ringed hand around with a deliberate flourish and winked; Lynae rolled her eyes and slipped into the passenger's seat with elegance that the Ferrari had seldom seen. Ashlynn kind of just hopped in. The same as I do, he faintly remembered, and was surprised at how fresh the memory was. Shaking his head, he stepped into the car, started it, and - again, without buckling up, tore off towards his hairdresser.
When they arrived, the door was cracked open to allow breeze in without "allowing the riff raff," as Ric jokingly put it - they stepped out of the car in unison and slipped through the door. Inside, a pretty receptionist with dark eyes and hair that reminded him of his own sister (Brooklyn, not Anberlyn; he was reminded of Anberlyn enough when he looked in the mirror) was drumming her knuckles on the counter.
Ric sidled up to the counter and tapped his knuckles on the counter Morse code style.
"Alaric Carlisle, I see dead people," he introduced himself, beaming at the receptionist. "I'm the 10:30 appointment."
"And I'm Lynae Rosewood. I've been kidnapped by this clown."
"What she means is, she'd like to book something in a few weeks."
"Yea... That too."
The cashier looked at them back and forth and asked, "Couples package?" Alaric nodded vigorously, while Lynae shook her head just as emphatically. The cashier looked at them back and forth.
Ric beamed.
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Lynae

With another eye roll, Lynae shrugged, giving into Ric's childishness. "Do what he says." She said softly to the receptionist.

As the woman went back to fetch the hairdressers, Lynae shot Ric a look. "Couples package?"

IC:

"I don't know, like, we get our hair cut on one bill and we get a miniscule discount? It's like some hair...Ponzi scheme thing, I don't know. , girl."

"... If they make us get the same hair cut, I'll cry."
"What are we, the Boxcar Children?"
"... I don't even know what I'm going to do with my hair... Any suggestions?"
"Your hair looks cutest tousled," Ric listed off the top of his head, like he had some Encyclopedia folliculus with entries on everyone he was ever closed to. "Makes you look playful. Go with something that'll emphasize it."
She turned to the hairdresser and smiled. "You heard the man."
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

If it was any other time Nicole would of launched herself into Dallas arms while screaming his name in a high pitched voice. But not tonight. Not after what happened. Not after she'd clunked him on the head with a bottle and tied him up with a chain.

"Dal..." she said. Then stopped. She didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry." was all that she could manage.

IC:

"Ah'm sorry," Christine said. She'd never seen Aleks this down before. Matt must of really meant something to him.

She hadn't thought about vengeance. She'd been too busy mourning. Kick his butt. It was so Ashley.

"So then are we going to this mother ****er and kill him or what?" maybe it was the alcohol talking, or maybe it was all of Christine's hurt and anger. She usually wasn't the type to kill ruthlessly, but right now she wanted to see Daken burn.

IC:

The transport dipped towards the snowy ground some ways away from the base and from the scene of the automated turrets firing upon Persephone. Jennifer walked towards the open hatch and then jumped out. It was only a few feet freefall before her boots touched down into the wet snow.

She stood up now; the air from the SHIELD transport blowing her brown hair around her face. She quickly pulled her gun from her hip.

"Alright team, stay close and be on alert. There could be Hydra scouts or traps around the base for all we know. We're waiting for the signal for Sam to try to teleport us in, let's make sure we don't miss it."

Edited by Flex Till Death

IC Reyson, NPC mook

"Sir, they're knocking." The camera watcher (or whatever you called it) pointed to the feed coming from the front door. An armored being with plasma shooting from its hands was standing in front of the door. "That door's not going to hold for long, sir. What do we do?" Reyson thought about it for a moment, then said "Send out three Humvees to sweep the area. Two to engage the hostiles outside, one to scout for anybody else. That should be-no, wait. Send a tank out there too. Everybody else should hold positions." The attendant nodded and relayed the instructions iver the intercom.

Edited by A Magus With Class

IC: Marauder

"Alright Team Sneaky Monkey, Phersphorone is cutting open the door. Judging by the lack of troops this will not end well." He then switched to his PSG rifle. "If anyone comes at us, I'm the only one who's standing in the way of you and a bullet, so get readyfor a fight."

He then heard the sound of engines from a far. Three Humvees came out of nowhere and two were beginning to engage the androids. "Persephone, on yor six!" Then he saw another Humvee headed there way. He aimed through the scope and aimed for the driver. He adjusted quickly to distance and wind speed. Hilding his breath to keep the rifle from swaying, he fired a bullet that went flying towards the window of the Hummer.

OOC: I didn't autohit.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

NPC Driver

As one would expect to happen, the driver of the scout Humvee only had enough time to recognize the sniper in the distance before the bullet was fired. Fortunately for him, the wibdshield was bulletproof to a certain degree; given the firepower of the sniper rifle, however, the polycarbonate lamination had conpletely busted and it would not withstand a second shot. The driver yelled at the gunner to commence suppressive fire while he began to drive in a zig zag pattern. Unfortunately for the driver, visibility had gone down to 15%.

OOC I'll wait for everybody else to respond before I post as the other vehicles.

FYI, I'm assuming that each Humvee has three occupants: driver, shotgun, and gunner. Sorry for not saying that earlier; I'll change it if need be.

IC: TLAW-001 VIvus

Vivus had landed and fired at the door in tandem with Persephone, until he noticed the Humvees. "They've engaged us!" he warned, using his jet boosters to dash to the side, while firing two energy blasts at one of the Humvees.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC:

"Sorry for what?" Dal laughed feebly, toasting with the remains of a Corona. "I already forgot what we were fighting about. Trying to, anyway. Should I be drinking with a head wound?" Nicole was standing in the doorway awkwardly; he sighed, and the sad sound gave way to a yawn, so his mouth stretched comically wide. His fingers tightened around the neck of the beer bottle and he sat up straight, rubbing his teeth together and pursing his lips. "Headache. That don't bode well. Told you that you looked great, by the way. Your clothes look nice."

IC:

"If we gun for Daken, our corpses will go into poorly-thought-out coffins right beside Matt's. Wouldn't mind putting a bullet in the back of John Howlett's head, though." Christine gave him a shocked, reproachful look. "What?"

"John's an X-Man. He's our friend, Aleks, he is--"

"He was. You saw him. Beaten and starved half to death, eyes plucked out, looking like a guy three times his age," Aleks said darkly, casually dismantling his Magnum. "He's brainwashed, too, convinced beyond repair that he was safest where he was. The poor, brooding, illegitimate, clawless Wolverine. The little would come back and kill us all himself if his brother threw him a bone for it."

IC:

"I don't look nearly as much like Annie," Alaric snarked when he ran his hands through his new, shortened hair. "She's going to be ."

"I like it." Lynae commented, walking over to where he could see her for the first time since the cut. Her blonde locks were tousled just like Ric had said but had some extra layers and volume, indeed giving her a playful look with a hint of a teasing seduction. Ric grinned at her approval and casually played with his new, coal black quiff. He ducked down a few inches and looked at himself in the rear view mirror.

"I mean it. We're gonna have to double down on pictures when we go somewhere to eat. While the hairdos are still fresh."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

The vampire rolled her eyes again. "You act like a teenage girl sometimes.." Lynae said as she walked up to receptionist desk to pay. As she began to fish in her clutch for a card, she looked up at Ric.

"You done, Narcissus?" She asked jokingly.

IC:

"They should really name a flower after me, come to think of it," he agreed. You're a blue rose. I could be, like...I dunno. Something or other." Alaric played with a lock of hair and then turned around. "What do you think, Lynae? Would you keep a dozen alarics in a vase?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"I'm more partial to forget-me-nots.." She said softly, pushing a stray strand of hair from her eyes. She remembered the first person that had shyly handed her the bright blue flowers, shaking in his boots as he held them out to her. Deren, the stable boy, had always been a bit shy when it has come to her. She sighed softly, the memory not seeming all that distant at this time.

"They've always been my favorites."

IC:

Ric's eyes narrowed slightly and then he looked over at the receptionist; when she held out Lynae's card again she was lost in thought, so he lightly intercepted it and pressed it into her palm. That snapped her to it and they left the studio together, pretty as pictures. When Lynae walked to the right side of the car, going for the door, Alaric hopped up and sat on the Ferrari's trunk, stretching out his legs languidly to block her from opening the door.

"Spill it," he said, not unkindly. "What are you thinking about?"

"An old friend." She said softly, not meeting his eyes.

Alaric's lips pursed and he half-smiled dryly. His legs didn't move. "Annie is my sister - I know more about her than she does. Romulus waxes poetic about wars and men that all the textbooks in the world have forgotten. You're the only one I'd like to get to know - and you're the only one I know nothing about."
Lynae scoffed a bit as she looked up at him. "You never seemed interested before."
"Alright, you want the truth? This is awkward, but here goes: I like to think we're friends. As it happens, I've been...lacking in that department, last couple of years. And it doesn't bode well for a friendship if we don't know each other."
"... Friends." She said softly, the word almost alien on her tongue. She looked at him and then nodded. "I suppose it doesn't."
"No. And that's depressing as can be, so let's cut a deal: you can get in the car and we'll head somewhere for brunch - your choice of locale - and I'll be all ears. Sound fair?"
"... Chateau DeMore. They serve the best brunch." She said softly as she got into the passenger seat. "... A boy."
Alaric slipped off the trunk, dusted off his pants, and then circled around and slipped into the driver's seat. "A boy," he repeated. "What was he like?"
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"He was sweet. Big and strong but.. Sweet. He was my stable boy." She replied, her blue eyes reflected in the window as she stared outside aimlessly.

"He was the first person to ever give me Forget-me-nots."

IC:

Alaric shuffled through his apps and found Google Earth to provide instructions to the Chateau DeMore; when he found the place and blew up the map with a flick of his thumb he left the phone on the dash and looked over at Lynae while the Ferrari coasted down the street, soundless as a bullet. "Whatever happened to him?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Look..." he began, putting a hand on her knee softly. "You're centuries old, Lynae. We can find someone else to talk about if you want. I'm sure there's no shortage of conversation starters."

"... Well what do you want to know about? The renaissance, the French Revolution, the civil war, the world wars... I've seen them all."

"I want to know what you want to talk about."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"Haggis." She said with a chuckle before shaking her head. "No... My favorite food, besides blood, is a nice raspberry tart.. Raspberries in general really." The vampire said with a slight blush.

"What's one place you have always wanted to visit?"