Marvel, Rebirth:

OOC ack, completely missed it. Let's see

NPC Humvee

The shockwave from the grenade rattled the vehicle. While the Humvee itself stayed intact, the people inside were tossed about like leaves in the wind. When they recentres themselves, the driver and passenger exited the vehicle, rifles raised, feet wobbly. The gunner fired out into the woods.

The other Humvee saw a figure attack its companion and followed the same tactic; while the driver and gunner remained inside, he passenger got off and headed into the woods. "Nothing here, nothing here," he spoke into his radio.

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC:

John had been awake for some time. Contemplating his latest strange dream, this one had to have been a memory for sure, one he'd long forgotten. Then he heard that voice. Daken. He was back. John had been waiting for his brother to return for what felt like an eternity.

His mechanical eyes looked up and took in his brother's image as he stepped towards John. He looked exactly the same as he had all those years ago when John had been little.

"You don't have to lie," a smile cracked John's lips. "I know I still look like ****."

John caught the beer with surprising accuracy thanks to his new eyes as Daken tossed it to him. He cracked it open before taking a swig silently.

"Something we shared in common?" he mused. "Well for one it seems we share an affinity for a good brew. Past that we both fancied the same little blonde ice-girl, in fact you almost killed me over her, I think we both can regret that one." he smiled now, fighting over a girl seemed like something that came normal to brothers, but Daken and John weren't normal brothers, they were dangerous mutants, they were killers.

"We also shared a tendency to cut people open with our claws, but mine are gone now. I came back Daken, I came back on my own free will. I chose you, even after everything you did to me, tearing out my eyes, disfiguring and torturing me. I still came back, I chose blood over my friends... that has to mean something."

IC:

Kane had been pretty much ignored during the spectacle. Teachers had shown up and pretty soon it was winding down. John was still chilling on the hood of the car while the one who'd been beating on him had left the scene.

The ex-weapon sighed and then glanced around the grounds. He had to reach Aleks somehow or he was going to die of boredom. He walked into the grass and then lifted his hand. Red flame swirled around it before blasting into the grass. Kane began to shape the flames tracing it through the grass as he wrote a message.

IC:

Christine glanced lazily at the window to see a column of smoke rising into the air. She pulled herself off Aleks and approached the pane of glass before looking down. What she saw made her blink.

Written in flames on the grounds was a short message that read: YO ALEKS.

"Ah think someone is trying to reach you."

IC:

Jennifer crawled across the branch as silently as she could as the gunner fired off into the woods. She looked down, it seemed that both of the Hydra soldiers were a bit shaken after her little present on the roof of their vehicle.

She took in a deep breath, visualized what she was about to do and then let go of the branch. She flipped through the air; landing behind the gunner, about six feet away to be exact she raised her silenced firearm and fired several times, aiming for the back of his head.

She then turned and fire three more times at the driver; this time aiming for his rifle arm; attempting to impair him or shoot his weapon from his hand.

Edited by Flex Till Death

IC:

"I know," Daken assured him, holding up his beer can as a placating gesture and finishing his drink with a gulp. A bead of amber liquid trailed from his bottom lip, and he pushed it onto the edge of his thumb, letting it roll around his nail. "I know. It means so much, and I know that our father would be proud of you." Is that what you want to hear? Of course it is, John. It's what you've always wanted to hear. Well, give it time. Akihiro could fix that, too. He hadn't liked the way John's eyes lit up when he killed someone, so he had them gouged out; he hadn't liked the way John used his claws to compensate for something, so he had them broken off at the stem; he hadn't liked the way John took after his father and covered himself with hair, so he'd shaved him head to toe, save that ugly, bristly beard; he hadn't liked the way John would just smile to himself when someone criticized him, but Ripple and Angela had stepped in there and urged him to leave the kid with something ("Oh, that's naaah-sty," Angela had protested in her best nasally accent) , so Daken had relented from putting an elbow through his teeth.

"The thing is," he continued, remembering, as he broke off the tab from his beer can and nudged it with his thumb into the hole, "for the sake of the ones we love, sometimes we do things that we don't want to do. Things we couldn't imagine ourselves doing." He stood up suddenly, rearing like a cobra, and John jumped back in his seat; for all his charades of fearlessness, Daken was not one of the X-Men, and the threat of physical violence from him compared to one of the Westchester crew was infinitely more real, and infinitely more bloody. His brother held him still with a long gaze, secreting a soft pheromone to make him relax. From under John's essential layers of skin, his muscles loosened. The physiological tell turned Daken's smile into something sharp and satisfied. He stopped behind John and sat up on the top of the sofa and casually settled the beer can on top of his head. John cringed - and instead of the sharp punch he was expecting, Daken patted the side of his neck and gently pushed the can down with a palm. The can's cool metal compressed against his head, but did not hurt him. When he had crushed the can into near-nothingness, Daken flicked his wrist and tossed it into one of the trash bins.

"I'm not going to lie to you, though, John: I don't want to hurt you anymore, but there are people waiting by the elevator on the roof who wouldn't care one way or the other. They're my people. My friends. They'll want to know that they can trust you to be a good brother as much as I do. What do you think? Can you help me put their minds at ease?" The question was soft and almost sweet, and Daken gently ran his hand over the scarred, greenish-purple bruised motley of John's skull.

It was a silent reminder of what the wrong answer could mean.

IC:

Aleksandr sat up and rubbed the side of his head languidly, but when he looked out the window he sat bolt upright and then cursed. "The landscaping is going to come out of my paycheck," he bemoaned to himself quietly, his eyes tracing the blaze that spelled out his name.

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: yeesh greenish purple skull? I'd thought John would of healed a bit while waiting, guess not. Wouldn't his head be a bit bristly too by now if his beard is?

IC:

Our father would be proud of you. The words somehow stung more then they did good. Would he? Would he really be proud of me? John hadn't flinched when Daken had placed the can on his head. He'd come to expect pain from his brother by now but none came.

"They can trust me," John said. "If they are you're people your friends then I will protect them. I will fight for you brother. You killed one of my bestfriends yet I am here. I... I forgive you for everything. I want to be by your side, father would want it this way."

John wasn't sure how he could prove it to Daken that he had no plans for revenge against him or his friends. "I give you my word that I will not harm your people, but I am not sure how I can prove it." if John still had real eyes they would be filled with earnest truth, but alas that was something Daken had stolen from John. They say eyes are your window to your soul. What does that mean for me now? Maybe John never had one. Maybe that was why killing had come so easy.

"You never told me why you left Daken, all those years ago. Where were you going? Why didn't you stay... why didn't you bring me with you? Was Weapon-X coming for you? You never told me about your years with Weapon-X either, before I got there."

IC:

"That's unfortunate," Christine smiled softly. "Wait who is that?" she narrowed her green eyes.

"Kane? Kane Johnson?" Christine had known him from her time with Weapon-X. He'd been one of the mutants sent to break her out of prison and recruit her. She knew he'd joined the Brotherhood after the Weapon-X facility was destroyed.

"What's he doing here?"

IC:

"W-Warren, you don't understand... I thought I was safe from him when I was surrounded by everyone but when Jean tried to blast me out of this world...He stopped her."

"Who? What stopped Jean? Elizabeth." Warren had seen Betsy in this state maybe once or twice, but not in over twenty years; he felt inadequate and rusty watching her fall apart like this. It was rather unsettling to know that there wasn't much he could do for her. "Bets. Talk to me, please."

Betsy looked up into Warren's eyes, hers purely black, and Angel started to feel something encroaching on his vision. Something ancient. Something dark. Something filled with an impossible amount of hate. It chilled him to the core so thoroughly that for a second he thought he heard ice crack around the surface of his heart, and then he felt the ice melt into a puddle under the gleam of hot, white hatred.

"He did. The... The King of Shadows."

Elizabeth forced the darkness out of her eyes and started shivering again. Warren reached out and touched her shoulder softly, the whirlwind of tension and emotion leaving him as quickly as it had left her. She quailed under his touch for a second and then settled down softly. Something was wrong here. He remembered Amahl Farouk from years before, and how a telepathic link with Betsy (and, ultimately, Betsy's telepathy in general) had put him down and out forever. Some shambling, overweight Egyptian man could never have driven Psylocke to this kind of agony.

"Well, we've dealt with the Shadow King before," he reminded her softly. "Between the two of us, we'll stop him again - no half-measures this time. I will never let anything steal you from me again, Betsy, I promise."

"We-we've dealt with Farouk before. Not... Not the King himself."

"Is there a tangible difference?"

"Farouk was a mutant with dreams of world domination. The Shadow King himself is the manifestation of human hate itself."

Warren blinked twice. "...Oh. Guess so, then."

"And... And I don't know who he is. He could be anyone."

"Well...Betsy, he's not me. And he's certainly not you. That's a good start." Warren's smile wavered after a second; clearly Betsy's mood was beyond the point of being lightened right now. The sheer terror in her voice made his heart want to break. She deserves better than this, he thought, with a sudden sadness too deep for words. She came back from the dead all for this...

Betsy shuddered, as if needing to say…

"He may be... Warren, I need to tell you something... Something else."

"Yeah?" Her voice was different, now. Almost contrite. Elizabeth Braddock had a habit of sounding contrite when it suited her to play innocent or sly, and it was one of the things he loved best about her. This was different, more than sheepish. This was almost shame. The Elizabeth Braddock he loved, the boldest woman he knew, was never ashamed.

"Another woman was taken when I escaped..."

Warren's brow pursed, and then slackened. Briefly he ticked through the mental Rolodex of women he knew, and then women who were missing. The first three tries, nothing showed up, and for a second he wondered if maybe it was just some innocent women out of Boise or something. But then he remembered a substitute teacher he'd had to hire, a throwaway sentence to John Howlett, a timid, shy girl who had been half in love with his son once. His mouth and jaw tightened in realization. "Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me that our power control teacher wasn't eaten alive by a primordial force of hatred and spite."

"Was Tali Relo black haired and green eyed?"

"Oh, Jesus." He wanted to bury his face in his hands.

"She's... She's probably still alive. He… He likes having toys."

He didn't like the sound of that at all, but Warren took another deep breath and let Betsy's head rest against his chest. "Look...we'll get her. And we'll stop him from plaguing you. You know I mean that, right?"

"I know you mean it."

She took a shuddering breath, and all he wanted in the world was to comfort her.

"I just don't know that we can deliver."

Neither did he, but if he couldn't act tough for Betsy than he had no business still walking the same ground he'd once walked as an X-Man. "Oh, come now. Where's the girl who stabbed me in the ###### heart with a Celestial Life Seed to reboot Apocalypse's brainwashing? She didn't think there was anything on Earth that we couldn't deliver."

"19 years are what happened to her. 19 years of being that creature's plaything." After that, Betsy had quieted. For about ten minutes, they just hugged, tangled in sheets, with blood congealing on Betsy's bottom lip. Then, he decided that it would be best to get her moving, remind her that she was still safe with him in the real world. Warren gently helped her sit up and walk to the bathroom, where he ran her a bath and promised he'd be back in a few minutes while she settled down. Before he walked out of the room, he kissed her forehead softly and thought he saw her eyes brighten a little, convinced himself he'd seen a smile twitch at the edge of her lips. It was better than nothing.

When he closed the door to the bathroom behind him, his pace quickened exponentially and he darted out of his quarters and down the stairs to the teacher's dorms. "Kitty."

No answer.

"Kitty!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Katherine "Kitty" Pryde

Kitty was sitting at her desk, staring blankly into the computer screen. Sometimes it felt like she was the only teacher that took the time to actually grade papers. Oh wait...

She sighed, silently hoping for any excuse at all to not grade three hundred more reports on the history of microprocessors.

"Kitty!"

There it was. "I'm in here Warren!" She called out, by the panic in his voice she wondered what was so urgent. Did the coffee machine break again?

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Warren turned his head left, to the sound of Kitty in her office, and knocked on the doorway twice before walking in and taking a seat before her desk. Kitty looked up from her stack of papers, and Warren found his eyes tracing her face. He couldn't find so much as a concrete trace of aging; through mutant genocide, parenthood, and a job as a professor she had persevered, and still Katherine Pryde looked for all the world like a short, jovial teenager. How did it happen? he asked himself. How do we all look so untouched, when all the world is so different? Then again, looks weren't everything. Betsy, soaking in her bath and reminiscing over the past two cruel decades, could attest to that.

"I need you to act as Deputy Headmistress for a few days," he heard himself ask, even though his mind was still on the woman upstairs. "Bets is...different. I want to get her away from Westchester for a while. See if I can get her head back on her shoulders."

Kitty blinked, Warren was being serious. If he wasn't cracking any jokes then something serious was going on. "Is she alright?"

Warren shrugged and waved his hand forward before pressing two fingers into his temple. "Some kind of premonition, she says. I thought it was a nightmare, but she says it's not." How much should I say? "Some kind of feeling she got, from just before Jean...killed her. It's been years since I saw her like that, Kitty, and I don't know if I've ever seen her that bad. She could hardly speak."

Kitty sighed, it seemed like there was always something threatening their lives and well being, she figured she'd have been used to it by now. A nightmare that wasn't a nightmare, there was a number of things that could be from Kitty's experience, none of them good.
"Take all the time you need." Kitty forced a small smile. "I'll just be here, doing all your paperwork for you."
"You're the wind beneath my wings." Warren smiled and leaned over Kitty's desk to kiss her forehead. She smiled back at him and he walked backwards out of the room, with his promise that he'd be back in a few days more likely than not. When he left Kitty Pryde, she was humming a small tune to herself and grading her papers. Angel slinked his way back up the stairs and into his quarters, closing the door softly behind him and locking it.
"Bets?"
There was a quick blub from the tub and she answered with a very verbose "huh?"
"You want to go on a road trip?"
-Tyler
Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"North, south, west - however far you want to go," Warren answered, walking through his office and into his living quarters. When he heard water splatter onto the bathroom floor, Angel snuck his head around the doorway and into the bathroom door with a roguish smile. "Then we'll turn around. Make a circuit out of it."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Lilliana

"..." Lilliana chuckled as Kristen and Alec conversed about their robot arms, happy to see there was no real aggression from this girl. It would be a sight to see though, the two arm wrestling.

IC:

To Dallas, a friend's blood washed out as easy as anyone else's.

There's no place for me here, he thought again, watching John's blood dance around in the sink every time he flicked his wrists. They have a Dallas, and an Ashley, and a Bekah and John. They don't need us here. They don't want us here. But here and there were far away concepts at this point, always shifting depending on where Cerebro had taken them; by now the only thing they had in common was that wherever was here and wherever was there, nobody wanted the Ultimates to hang around. Wasps were stinging at the back of his eyes.

He thought about how good it would feel to let it out, to be able to cry again, but instead he did what came natural and slammed his palms into the mirror, so hard that his reflection broke in a hundred pieces. More blood spilled down the drain. He grit his teeth together and inhaled his curses sharply. How John Howlett had gotten under his skin this much he would never know, and would rather not know. He'd been perfectly content with the image of his grimy pelt in some hillbilly troglodyte's bedroom. The knowledge of him alive and well in the courtyard made his stomach roil. The fearless Dallas Green. I should have killed him when I had the chance. Shown them how heartless people really act. Would he have done it, if that teacher hadn't butted between him and John? Could he have really aged him to dust before the team's eyes? He'd like to think he could, but his stomach only tossed further at the notion. The fearless Dallas Green, he thought again, even more bitter. How pathetic you are, Dal. He's just an animal.
But then he thought of the times John had shared beers with the team, the Phalanx he'd killed, the lives he'd saved, and he couldn't think of any other animals who had done all that. Or maybe he could, and he just tried not to. Tali saw, though. She knew I would have done it. She knows what I really am. But if there was one person who he wanted to dwell on even less than John, it was Tali, and he had a long list of people he didn't want to dwell on.
Suddenly, he couldn't stand to be in the bathroom for a second more.
He took just enough time to pull his shirt off over his head violently, slip a pullover hoodie over his bare chest, and pull a bottled coffee from out of the fridge he and Tali shared before slipping out of his dorm and pacing down the hall. The chronokinetic took a grateful gulp, and then another, and sooner or later he'd chugged the bottle and haphazardly tossed it into the first recycle bin he saw. He was halfway through the process of tousling his bloody hair when he saw something downstairs - Card, trying desperately to balance the boxes she was carrying atop the ones he had set down by the door, and tripping and falling. She must have bit her tongue, because she screamed out a curse and spat blood, wiped it up with her metal hand, spit again. Sighing, he closed his eyes and concentrated. There was a little pop! sound, and then he was on the ground, grumbling and pushing two of the boxes into his cupped arm. Casually, he looked up and saw a glass coffee bottle tumble into the recycle bin, and for a second he saw a shadow in dark clothing flit across bannister. Card followed his gaze in confusion and looked up at the empty air.
"What?"
"Nothing," he dismissed laconically, letting his brief moment of heroism go unacknowledged. "Looked like you could use the help."
-Tyler
Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

That's all this place needed. A teacher who channels R. Lee Ermey. Dallas cursed something to that effect (in a much more succinct, four-letter format) under his breath to Card, but followed Lilliana's instructions. When they reached the English classroom his eyes scouted out where she'd dropped her own boxes and set them down gracefully on a nearby desk. The Ultimate dusted off his hands proudly and sat up on one of the bookcases, running the tip of his index finger along the spines of the books before selecting Leaves of Grass and flipping it open to a page at random. He flipped through about eight pages, eyes poring intently over the poems, and then casually flicked the book back into the bookshelf and hopped to his feet on the ground again.

IC:

Daken smiled good-naturedly and squeezed John's shoulder, shaking him for a couple of seconds and then patting him on the cheek. "There'll be answers someday, John. First I gotta know you can work to earn them. You're doing a good job right now, I promise. I like the steps you're taking." John's words of loyalty came easy enough when it was just a trip back to New York City and some minor agony, but if he had to stack up against some of those old X-Men friends of his...John hadn't earned enough of his confidence just yet. Regardless, he gestured a couple of security guards over to John and ordered them to take him to his rooms, get him set up with whatever meal he wanted, takeout or home-cooked, and prepare a bath. John walked out, eyes straight forward. Daken called a word of farewell out to his little brother as he left.

When he was gone, the Dark Avenger reached under the sofa and pulled out a pressed uniform, stitched together and ceaselessly washed. When he'd pulled it out of the plastic, Daken hung it up by a hangar on the bar and admired the restoration job they'd done. It looks so noble. Brand spankin' new. It would work ideally for Leah, he had decided, and might help her channel some of her pyrokinetic stunts. "I think you'll do a lot more good here than you ever did before," he assured the fabric, giving it a flick. Matt Summers' uniform spun at his very touch - whether in agreement or in revulsion, he didn't know. He had to remind himself for a second that it was just a costume. Not like the kid was haunting it.

He had himself a good chuckle over that before the elevator dinged, and the Dark Avengers filed into the room.

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Lilliana

"Thank you." She said to the students with a broad grin. "There shouldn't be too many more so I think Alec and I can handle it. If you want to borrow some of the books, come in at any time. Oh and if you need me, my room is just down the hall... It's the really cold one, you can't miss it." She said,her eyes watching Dallas with an icy gleam despite the smile on her face.

IC: An almost imperceptible ripple in the air circled round Persephone, and the bullets being fired at her started to ricochet away before even touching her. She'd brought up her forcefield, a bubble of plasma and magnetic energy that repulsed the metallic rounds being fored by the HYDRA goons. Given that the shield flashed into every spectrum of colour whenever hit, almost like the after-trail of her flight, 'bubble' was an uncannily good description, making her look like she was encased in a giant soap sud.

The little guys were no problem, her forcefield could take a heck of a lot of punishment from regular firearms before wearing out, but the tanks would still be a problem. Get rid of them, and the base would have to send out more guys to try and wear her shield down with concentrated fire.

"Vivus, those energy barriers you create, can you make one sloped? If you can, make a ramp to try and tip those tanks over."

if he could manage that, she'd handle the humvees. Letting her own shied down since she couldn;t fire through it any more than the goons could, she flew higher up and started raining fiery surges of plasma down on the ground. It would be easy enough for the infantry or humvees to move out the direct path of her beams...less so the heat. See, plasma was hot. Really hot. Surface-of-the-sun hot. The ground she fired wasn't going to instantly cool again just because she wasn't bathing it in incandescence any more. That would quickly become an issue for the humvees, because it didn't matter how advanced your tech was, your tyres were going to melt if subjected to that kind of heat. Molten tyres meant immobility, and no-one wanted to be in a sitting duck when there was a robot with missiles flying over head.

"Harken," she said over the comms, "You might want to get your team moving inside soonish. They've not been sending out the response I thought they would, I think they're stalling. Possibly to evacuate. You might want to get Sam to portal you in there before they take anything worth stealing. Your the field leader, its your call."

IC: "If your arm breaks, we fix it. Duh. I'm a technopath remember." Alec gave her a quizzical sideways look. Given he'd already been looking directly at Kristen, this meant he first had to turn his head sideways, looking for all the world like he was posing for a police mugshot. "Actually your version of me wasn't, was he? He has the weird Ghost Rider's Arm thing going on. Hey, if thats whats inside my arm maybe you should be more worried about me breaking than you."

While still facing sideways he caught a glimpse of Lilliana. It seemed terribly stereotypical to use the term 'frosty glare' on someone who actually had cryokinetic powers, but Alec called them as he saw them, and that was a frosty glare.

"I don't think your boss is getting on with my boss too well," he remarked to Kristen

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"I know what you mean." Lunar said, somewhat peeved. "All the older kids are so rude to me."

IC: Jesika

"Ohmahgod, right?" Jesika breathed with an exasperated sigh, immensely relieved to find a kindred soul for once in her life. Could be tough. "It's always don't do this, don't do that, you're not old enough, it's to dangerous, let the grown ups do it."

"I mean come on already, it's like they just want me to stay in bed and not move."

IC: Ult. Jesika

"Bekah? Behak where'd you go? I heard they have working movie theaters here, Ashley and I are going to check it out."

"...That means you're automatically required to go."

"No you are not allowed to find an excuse to get out of it."

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"North, south, west - however far you want to go," Warren answered, walking through his office and into his living quarters. When he heard water splatter onto the bathroom floor, Angel snuck his head around the doorway and into the bathroom door with a roguish smile. "Then we'll turn around. Make a circuit out of it."

-Tyler

Betsy pretended to gasp and pulled her towel up quickly.

"Nebraska."

Edited by Infamous Ironic Iguana

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Nebraska?" Warren asked skeptically, sounding each syllable out on his tongue skeptically. "Didn't know you wanted to spend our first vacation in twenty years chewing cornstalks."

"Two things. One, even the Shadow King won't be there. Two, I've read the student files. Tali is the second Relo to have something like this happen because of the school. Her... Her family lives out there."

Warren considered that briefly while Betsy wrapped herself up in a towel. The first Relo kid hadn't been a student here, he remembered vaguely, and Warren had never met him. What he knew came solely from perusing Tali's file himself, back when she'd first disappeared. He'd been...what, a performance artist? YouTube movie reviewer? Musician. Dante Relo had been a musician, here by an ugly twist of fate when Weapon-X sacked the mansion, and he'd died in Canada. Tali was different - sent off at primary school age to Westchester, grew up in the walls of the Institute, and then stayed afterwards as a teacher. He hadn't even considered the parents.

"Nebraska it is," he agreed finally, "but we are so making pit stops along the way."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (Leah)

"Someone give me a pair of a nail clippers, I've had a hangnail since Wichita and I swear it's going to give me aids if I don't take care of it."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Christine is in her room

IC:

So I'm a prisoner no longer. John thought as his restraints were removed. He cast one last glance at Daken before moving down the hall with his escorts. He wasn't completely free either but this was a start.

John moved silently as the guards took him to his quarters. He glanced around his new room. It was plain and a bit impersonal but it would be better then being locked up. When asked what he wanted to eat and given options John finally decided on some Chick-Fil-A. The guard reported he'd have the food back to him in twenty minutes or so.

John allowed himself to enter the bathroom. He stripped off the clothes he'd been wearing for the last couple days he'd been restrained and waiting for his brother to return before hitting the shower.

John stared at himself in the mirror with the towel rapped around his bottom half. His machine eyes unnerved even himself at times. He tried to ignore his new scars and wounds that were still slowly healing before grabbing a razor off the sink and attacking the small beard on his chin.

When finished John found some of his old clothes inside a dresser. He wasn't sure how Daken had gotten his hands on some of his stuff. He shrugged before pulling on the new clothes.

He threw himself on the bed and then sighed in relief. There was a knock on his door and it opened before a guard tossed him a bag of Chick-Fil-A.

"No drink?" John asked as he caught the bag.

"You didn't ask for one."

John grumbled to himself once the door was closed but in reality he was just glad to have food in his hands.

Edited by Flex Till Death

IC:

Warren returned her smile, mood brightening when he saw how much more like herself Betsy was acting, and tapped the doorway twice with his palm. "Take all the time you need. We're stopping somewhere fancy for breakfast. Don't know where, but it'll be fancy. Scout's honor."

"Some scout you are. You aren't even prepared with where we're eating."

"Well, if we're going to start complaining, you could always kill a rabbit with your bare hands. Skin it. Crisp it. Gnaw its head off its neck." Warren casually slipped on a light colored coat and buttoned it, pushing blonde hair away from his deep blue eyes. "Do you even know how to start a fire by hand?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Mm." Warren was staring at himself in the mirror; the Headmaster shrugged and took the coat off, folding it up over his arm and then tossing it gently into the suitcase he was packing. He slipped on another coat, tan this time, and buttoned it up yet again. "Sometimes I wonder how you ever ended up here and not, you know. Prison. Or the Howard Stern Show."

He finished with his coat and began moving his clothes into neat piles, organized by article, into his suitcase. After a second's worth of thought, he looked over his shoulder into the bathroom, where Betsy, wrapped in a towel, hummed to herself and drew a stick figure with wings and a stick figure with psychic waves (or noodles [???]) radiating from around her head. He sighed, closed his eyes with a slight smile, and pulled out a suitcase for her too.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Aw, this old thing's pretty resilient," Alec said, putting the box he was carrying in the arm he was waxing lyrical about, so he could waggle its metal fingers in front of his eyes.

"And tell you what, you can add one more name to that friend list." He put his mutant arm round Kristen' shoulders, "Hey Lilliana, come here, I think we need a witness to me and Kris-Cross becoming friends."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Nate finally looked up from a particularly riveting article on hydroponics and tossed Leah what looked like a Swiss Army knife on steroids.

"I know there's a pair of nail clippers on there somewhere," he said by way of explanation.

His glance fell back to a diagram of an irrigation system.

"Just don't get aids on my knife. Half of those attachments are brand new."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"1990s child rap duo? Kindergarten disciplinary position?" Dallas suggested airily, sharp eyes catching Tali as she meandered into the classroom and hovered by the doorway. His cheek tingled just looking at her, and he returned Lilliana's cool gaze with a cheeky smile and wink; he felt Tali turn and look at him, and when he met her gaze it was confident and proud. He considered roping Card along before Alec could baptize her, or whatever he planned to do, but he decided that being possessive maybe wasn't the best thing for her after her little meltdown in the car ride to Westchester, so for once Showstopper allowed her to stick around behind him. He left without so much as a polite goodbye - when he reached the doorway, he put a hand out and around Tali's waist, pulling her along with him.

"You backhanded me."

Tali looked up at Dallas. "You were going to kill him."

"Proudly." Showstopper pushed hair away from his eyes and felt dried blood in his bangs, and he let out a sharp, short breath. Only when they'd rounded the corner and were safe and unheard on the hall where his dorm was nestled did he finally mutter: "Thank you."

Outside, the sun was rising on the courtyard.

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME