Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

I watched my hero die while you were stealing jokes from a geography textbook, you Ryan Seacrest looking little ######wit.

"The first Pirates of the Caribbean was a summer blockbuster full of real fun and man candy. That means it has two up on this entire bar right now."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Time to try to correct for a bit of out-of-character writing, because I didn't really intend, when writing up the profile, for this to be the sort of character who walks up and makes rather physically threatening gestures in a Wild Wings.

IC (Aramis):

Whoa.

Aramis backed up a couple of steps, eyes wide and hands up in a placating gesture.

"I think this is a bit more serious than I'd intended, and I apologize for escalating what was... apparently a bit less humorous than I'd thought. Believe me, man, I don't want a fistfight in the middle of a restaurant, not even a Wild Wings." Taking his gaze off of Alistair, he nodded to Brook. "Ma'am, I think I took things way too fast here, so, my apologies on that one." She was right about the first movie too, but that wasn't really relevant when John Bull thought this was going to be an actual fistfight.

"Now, I was just trying to help out a new acquaintance, misread things a bit, and things got out of hand. If you'd like, I could get the three of you a round of drinks, smooth things over a bit."

• Upvote 1

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:

"Ooh! 'Nother Guinness, please, and you've made a friend for the day."

IC:

"God, that has to be inconvenient, though, don'tcha think?" Jenna reached into the backpack she brought and pulled out a Thermos full of Sam Adams lager. The centuries-old vampire poured the lid full and drank from it with a triumphant kick in the air, laying against the bar. "######, I never know when it's a full moon until I see it walking out of a deli or something, right, Leon? Tell him how I never see a full moon."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Leon)

"She once tripped over me commenting on one. And kept commenting on it. While I was trying stop the bleeding." Leon recited the story mechanically. Just another incident in a long line of......Jenna.

Edited by Havelock Vetinari

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"I don't need a drink." Alistair took a deep breath, a much more genuinely friendly expression working its way back onto his face. He hadn't quite intended to escalate quite so high quite so quickly. "I apologize for any offense, it wasn't intended. I apologize for my attitude, as well, the past few weeks have been... Stressful. Spent a week stuck in bed while some bruised ribs, broken digits, and more than few strains and sprains to the muscles. Jolly Red Giant wasn't the most pleasant of experiences, and having to sit still so long has had me a bit on edge."

"I, similarly, was trying to help out a few new acquaintances. And I don't fancy a fight, partly because I rather enjoy having everything on me in one piece again, and I'd like not to change that so soon. Consider things smoothed over."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Y'know, Luke, I don't have the damnedest idea at all. Enzo would. But good luck finding him, he's out...in...California...c'ee la luna..."

She drank hurriedly from her Thermos and sat up bolt upright.

"Kids, who wants to go on a sub-field trip!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: I chuckled.

"Not like I've any reason to say no, right?"

I certainly wasn't feeling any. or any real choice, for that matter...

I made a mental note to text my little sisters. I might want to tell the family, at least, if I'm leaving New York.

"Where to?"

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

IC (Leon)

Leon groaned in horror and anticipation of yet more horror. She'd slipped into Italian. He knew what happened when she did that. It ended with him having to outrun a Chilean general and his bodyguards because she'd dived out the window with the artifact they'd found for him.

Turns out bullets still hurt. Even if they weren't fatal.

Alot.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Aramis): 

After doing a complicated sort of pantomime to get the idea of a fresh Guinness across to the cashier, (a task that wasn't helped by the cashier's belief that they were using baseball sign language, not bar sign language) Aramis nodded to Alistair.

"I got into this city too late for that fight, but if what's still being cleaned up is anything to go by... Well, it looks like it was a bit above my pay grade, I'll say that."

Having taken care of not giving or receiving a broken nose for the evening, he waved to Alecto, tilting his head towards the door. "Hey, seeing as we've both finished our food and these folks have some catching-up to do, how do you feel about getting some fresh air?"

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Alecto)

He'd come pretty close to getting hit, hadn't he.

Alecto ran the numbers.

Starting a brawl in Wild Wings.

Getting banned from Wild Wings. Because even an establishment that served Mule Juice had some standards.

"....Probably a good idea. Lead the way then......Fred Phelps."

IC (Aramis):

Turning his attention to Alistair one last time as he went for the door, Aramis chuckled. "Well, hopefully that's the last time a dusty relic tries to shuffle you off your mortal coil."

Pulling the door open, grateful, for once, for the chill January air, he looked back to Alecto as the Phelps quip hit.

"Well get up and start moving, Stellaluna."

EDIT: 2017 OOC: how was this not a punch to the face though

Edited by Rache
  • Upvote 1

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:

Jenna had enough Sam Adams in her to qualify as a Founding Father, which might have explained why this idea looked like such a good one to the Italian vampire.

"Now, the thing you guys gotta understand here, is that my brother is kiiiind of a Gorgon. One look in his eyes? Bam. Knocks you dead. You think I'm playing, but I've seen it before. True to life Gorgon."

Leon moaned weakly. Maybe he needed some beer.

"Last I knew, he was in Los Angeles scamming tourists after 9/11, when New York kind of became a place everyone was scared to fly out to. Made some good money off it. Shook some old exes. He might not see us coming - at least, you'd better hope he doesn't, cause of the Gorgon thing - so it'll be fun to surprise him!" 

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Alecto)

Rising up to follow Sir Phelps, it took a moment for the return shot to land. There was really only response a bat-bewinged gun for hire could have to being compared to a female megabat from a child's book.

"I thought I was the only one who read that!"

IC (Leon)

He'd heard stories about Enzo. So many stories. Stories that started with 'So Enzo had to burn down part of London bridge' and ended with 'but he got the dog in the divorce, so it's fine'. Then those stories got sequels that started with "so the prick bought up all the land around the villa and put in garlic farms'. And were ongoing to this day,

What did he do to deserve this.

He wasn't a bad person. Really.

IC: Abigail

The biggest problem with being forever fifteen was that you could never get a license, at least not legally. Abigail had found the easiest solution was to find car with tinted windows! She had done a little bit of scoping, but she'd found the perfect ride for her! It was a shiny red mustang. It all the bells and whistle and it even included the unconscious owner of said vehicle passed out in the passenger seat. Yep, it was turning out to be a pretty nice day. 

Abigail pulled the car over to the side of the street and parked it, getting out and leaving sleeping beauty inside. He'd been a decent snack, a little high in cholesterol though. She began to wander down the sidewalk with a little skip in her step, clearly she was in a good mood. She adjusted her crimson jacket as she looked around, til something interesting caught her eye. It was some sort of...magic shop? Abigail couldn't help but roll her eyes, the chances of there being any real magic were slim to none. It was totally fake, and she decided to enter said shop to prove just how fake it was. 

Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Lucia)

If Khafre could see her now. He would either rescue her, kill her out of pity or point and laugh. She'd been a power once. The daughter of a senator! His partner in crime! She wielded powers beyond the ken of most mortals! 

....And now here she was. In a magic shop. Centuries into the future. Telling fortunes for idiot tourists. 

Idly, she flicked the propeller of a nearby model airplane. 109. World War 2. Late war, with battle damage added on.

At least she still had her airplanes. Those wondrous future devices and greatest of all of man's creations, bar none. Then the bells on the door jingled. Lucia bit back a sigh, and plastered on a fake smile. "Greetings traveler! And welcome!"

Gods she hated her life.

IC: Abigail

Abigail's amber eyes scanned the room, taking in all the bizarre magic thingamajigs and...airplanes? Since when did magic shops have airplanes? Eh, no matter. 

"Hiiiii~" She said in her best innocent teenage girl voice. Despite the fact that 'innocent teenager' was an oxymoron, she pulled it off quite nicely. She approached the apparent owner of the shop with an air of confidence that most people normally wouldn't have when entering a 'magic shop'. Thankfully Abigail wasn't most people. 

"I just happened to walking by and I saw this adorable little magic shop! My curiosity got the best of me so here I am!" She made a quick giggle for effect. "Tell me, what sort of magic do you dwell into around here? And if you say Lovecraftian I'm out...I don't mess with Old gods...can't deal with octopus faces that make Davy Jones look appetizing." 

Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Man, if there was a Youtube compilation with Johnny Cash playing in the background for every dead actor who said that ######...oh wait. There is."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Yeah, you are. You adore me, kid, let's call a spade a spade and a crush a crush."

Dallas threw an arm around Rebekah's side and pulled the dark-haired woman in beside him again. The restaurant was one of those wait to be seated places, so when they walked inside, he turned to her and grinned all the brighter.

"But if you're that comfortable with the thought of driving drunk - and make no mistake, I think you are going to be a of a drunk - I ain't stopping you. Cross my heart."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"You are decidedly overconfident," A small case popped into existence in her hand. The contacts she pulled out of it, colored green, were placed on her eyes without circumstance. "And I have no intentions of becoming drunk."

"That said, we can discuss it when it comes time to leave."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Because they're abnormal, they draw attention, and they're eerie." Rebekah stated, and after a moment of silence, continued as though the thought required explanation. "When we're in a group, I don't mind. Staying unnoticed is impossible when you put more than two of us in the same place. When it's one or two..."

"I had it drilled into my head, starting a long time ago and continuing to this day, that it's easier to be unnoticed. Latent habits always lead me to be as inconspicuous as possible. I don't exactly fit in in a social context, so it's better not to draw any further attention."

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Hey."

The word was spoken somewhat softly, enough that it took paying attention to for it to even carry over the booth the two Ultimates found themselves seated at. Dallas cocked a wrist, one finger pointing at Bekah, with elbow on the table. His smile was almost reassuring.

"You know what are abnormal and eerie? Clockwork people. The kind of Nikola Tesla-pants-sploogingly steampunk monstrosities that we each killed hundreds and hundreds of to have a normal life. I think we've fought our way through enough fresh that catching a few gazes in a pizzeria won't be what does you in. Besides, they're eyes. Unique ones, too." Dallas lay sideways in the booth and stretched slightly, pulling up the black t-shirt to reveal the twisted claw marks, between belly button and ribs, where his bared stomach had been ripped apart by something that went bump in the night. "Do you want to trade? I don't. Wasn't for you, I'd have worse to show than this anyway."

Awkward quiet hung over the booth while the waitress returned. Dallas absentmindedly ordered a Dr Pepper and a Guinness and then turned back to his friend.

"Yeah. I know what you did for me. On the roof. So if you want someone to  encourage you in moving through life pretending to be anything but the most boss in the Multiverse, you let the wrong guy survive long enough to latch on to you." Dallas put his other elbow up on the table and leaned forward over the booth, closing distance between himself and Bekah. His cocked wrist bent slightly, moving to thread a chain between two fingers and making a sudden movement when he realized it wasn't there.

When his eyes found the chain in question around another neck, a small ring pulsed around their outskirts. 

"And it was you who helped make me leader until we got back home. If you don't like what I have to say, maybe after I'm dead you should think again about naming another best friend head of the Swiss Family, alright?"

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I didn't do anything for you that any good friend wouldn't have." She responded, without much active thought, like she couldn't feel the memories stirring in the back of her head. The dark haired woman took a breath, and a sip of her drink. "Really. I just happened to be there, and happened to have the right skills. Anyone would have done the same, and I would again."

"But," In a few deft movements she plucked the lenses from her eyes, and returned them to their case. A case that went siding across the table with a flick of her wrist. "They bother you. And you have something approaching a point. So keep them."

"And thanks. I don't think I'll need to worry about appointing another family head for a while."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

He wasted a second leaning across the booth, grinned again, and then sat back down. His hand slid over the case and pulled it off the table so fast you'd have sworn he used hammerspace.

"Yeah, well, you'd better hope not. The only people left with the qualifications to lead are you and John, and only one of you is diligent about checking for ticks."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME