Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Never for a second." Dallas rolled over, face half-buried in the grass, and slung an arm over the dark-haired Ultimate's stomach. "Tough ."

IC:

"Nope. With your permission, I am keeping you trapped until your appointment time. Then, reluctantly, I will let you escape the confines of my Chanel jacket for the paltry price of your phone number."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Tayen listened to the Ashley's story thoughtfully. He had to admit, assuming it was true, this piqued his interest. Normally, he would be somewhat dismissive of such an outlandish story, but he had a feeling that he could test it.

"Sierra." Her fogged gaze slid onto him expectantly. "Can you verify that this is a different version of your friend?"

IC:

Sierra hesitated to answer. If she was wrong about the identity of the girl they'd met in the woods...well, no use thinking about it now. In any case, what were the chances of there being another plant controller with a strange affinity for trees in particular?

"I-I'm not sure." she muttered, realizing just how indistinct everything looked at such a distance. "I can't see her very well."

IC:

"I can come closer if you need a better look." Ashley offered, amused by the whole prospect. "Or if you really want to go for something adventurous we could go find the uh...other me. I wouldn't mind leaving the woods for a while...trees aren't great conversationalists." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Tayen looked between the two girls in his presence thoughtfully. "Now that you mention it, finding the other Ashley -that's your name, correct? - would be a useful test in more ways than one." He smiled at Ashley. "My daughter knows where to find her, but I would assume you do as well. Or have you ever met?"

IC:

"Do you have any idea how much easier my life would be if you listened? Any at all? I have to have a tally under my munitions budget just for pulling you out of the fire." Rebekah kept staring at the sky for a few moments, then her eyes swiveled to look at the other Ultimate accusingly. Even if he couldn't see her. "And on a slow month, it's larger than any other expenditure. I haven't had larger ones since we stopped actively fighting, and I only get them again when we go and try to be heroes."

IC:

"You drive a hard bargain, Ms. Pace-Carlisle."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Life might be easier, but it wouldn't be half as fun." Dallas blew a puff of hair out of his face and grinned innocently; only half of the expression made it to Bekah, who was looking at him with her typical Rebekah near-pout. "So you got a munitions budget, huh?"

His look grew reproachful.

"So why am I paying for our Netflix account and all the dinners?"

IC:

"American digits only, por favor. Long-distance might give me the idea you wanna escape me."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Returning to San Juan to unwind in the aftermath of New York had proven to be a wise decision, as far as Siegfried was concerned. With the presence of the Red Skull and those who followed him no longer settling as a constant feeling of dread at the back of Siegfried's mind, he was free to actually enjoy the weather, sights, food and general relaxing atmosphere available.

The son of Thor let out a breath he had probably been holding for months now. It was nice to wake up and know that everything was boring for once,

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

"Luke, knock on the door with me."

Jenna had been running her tongue along the roof of her mouth, wondering how her brother would respond to her...recent antics. She turned to the Japanese immigrant beside her and grinned playfully.

"Or you knock on the door and run while I start yelling in Italian. Yeah. Yeah, let's do that. Luke, knock on the door. I'm right behind you."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "R-right..." I replied, my discomfort plainly evident upon my face as I stepped forward to the almost oppressive hunk of wood we all tried to stare down, with vary degrees of success.

My hand, relieved of the light tan that was once natural to me, exited my hoodie's front pockets and formed a fist, knuckles hovering above the surface of the door.

It was now or never. Stepping up and facing the music that was the entire theme of this trip was a tune I still, judging from my mentor's break from her usual (overly) casual rhythm, had some trepidation on playing.

Knock Knock

I'd come a long way to take a rain check.

What would come, would come. The results would be the results, no matter what I did. Simply put, there wasn't sense in turning tail and running after we'd gone so far as to sell poor Leon's phone to get here.

I'd take the dance.

• Upvote 1

helo frens

IC:

"Because I have to pay for my equipment. I can pay for food and Netflix, or I can pay for the equipment to keep everyone safe."

IC:

"Perish the thought." Alistair responded wryly, pulling a pen and a slip of paper out of his bag and beginning to scrawl purposefully. "The number is American, and my personal cell. That said, the cell? Good chance that it won't be in the States. I travel pretty often."

He held the paper out. "Call it the payment in advance."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Let's finally get this #### show on the road.

IC: Shadow King

Images filtered into her mind. Pawns, moving furniture, preparing the massive room for the ball, ordering supplies. Everything was proceeding exactly as she'd planned it. But the orchestration wasn't her own, every situation she saw coming in through the unstoppable, irrepressible gloom that dominated her mind.

Even the garb of the White Pawns looked stained, looked dirty...

Still... When the Abyss stares into you, you stare long into the Abyss. She could see what the King had planned, and... She had to appreciate it. A Bishop returned, smiling slightly. "The decorations are exactly as you instructed, madam, and the food and drink has been prepared." Lynae felt her lips spread into a fanged smile, the King's shadows pulling up strings at the edge of her mouth. She--he--still had so much to do... A date to arrange, a dress to buy, a few more preparations to make. But the important ones were done, the gala was being decorated according to the right design...

The King, as much as he ever could be... Was happy. And his happiness gave the remnant of her mind something of freedom, some ability to escape the utter suffocation that his influence drowned her thoughts in. If only--

She gasped and stumbled, her eyes going blurry as she supported herself with one arm against the wall, her breath suddenly deserting her. At least... That's what it felt like. Her vision receded, tunneling away, small black bars filtering in from the edges, chains joining them, barring her from the window that the world was becoming...

And she was back in her cell, trapped by her own mind as the King took back absolute control.

And the Gala was in progress. She was wearing an emerald green dress, probably intended to be upper thigh length on its original wearer... But it feel to her knees. No matter, the King's goal was not seduction, not today. Waiters were in motion, bringing refreshments to all those attending. 

With the pull of puppet strings, she glanced around, searching for someone in particular...

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"LOR-ENZOOOOOOOOOO!" bellowed the young-looking Italian vampire as soon as Luke's knuckles rapt against the door. "Permesso, bravo? Ayy! Permesso!? LORENZOOOOOOOOOOO! MUOVERSI, LORENZO!"

Guess she was fine, after all.

"Avanti, Giada." The voice on the other side of the door was barely audible between its natural low cadence and the cute yells of affirmation Jenna was throwing its way. She flung open the door only to find that the figure the voice belonged to was already standing at its entrance. 

"COVER YOUR EYES!" she bellowed at her two proteges, even moving to cover them herself, but it wouldn't have meant much anyway. Enzo Ferrari was wearing sunglasses (an accessory that might have looked schmucky, had two of the back walls visible over his shoulders not been made exclusively of panes of glass facing the horizon) that hid his eyes, but not the two thin brows drawn up in bemusement at his little sister. The rest of his face was similarly emotive; strongly cast, with a heavy, smooth jaw, a little cleft in the chin, and high cheeks that were starting to stretch in a half-smile, he looked like the stereotypical cool brother who came to pick up the main character in a high school movie. There was a healthy glow upon his olive cheeks that looked almost boyish compared to the rest of his face; though he looked to be in his early to mid twenties, the flush that grew deeper the longer he looked at Jenna might have made them both look like teens.

"Ciao, Giada. Avanti."

She beamed, looking much more at ease now that the door was open, and walked inside with a "Dai!" and an inclusive wave towards Leon and Luke. Enzo's gaze was unreadable behind his sunglasses, but he gave both of the new vamps a casual two-handed shake as they stepped through the threshold.

"We'll have to switch to the new tongue, Enzo. The kids don't speak Italian yet."

Enzo chuckled; even now that the door was out from between them, his laugh and voice were still soft and measured, but there was a richness to both that Jenna lacked in favor of pure energy. 

"Gotta say," she said, already kicking her feet up on a long-loved and worn leather sofa (Leon had taken a spot on the same sofa that conveniently provided Jenna's back with a cushion, leaving her planking a few inches above the rest of the couch, while Luke opted for a single chair) to turn at her brother and grin. "I was nervous about seeing you. I thought you'd want to lecture me. Say you didn't want company. Say that only I was allowed."

Enzo smiled with his mouth, but not with his eyes. They remained mirrored as he took a casual seat atop the coffee table and crossed one leg, foot resting under his other thigh. The sunglasses came off, revealing a deep, lively pair of hazel eyes that highlighted more emerald when he turned to the left and more chocolate when he turned to the right. The glasses were tilted up on his face, atop his strong brow and a styled head of chestnut hair.

"I've got to say, I'm surprised to see you siring people. I thought you were beyond it." It was a casual phrase, and clearly not spoken with ill intent, but Jenna winced as though she'd been cursed at, and her lips drew in a pout. 

"I didn't sire anyone. This is my class. Leon, Luke, this is Lorenzo Ferrara. My brother Enzo. Introduce yourselves!"

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: ...

Is he the one I was so worked up about? He wasn't frightening at all!

He was like that "cool aniki" type you always saw in manga. Was this another time Jenna had misled me?! I was expecting a much more frosty reception, I want an adrenal refund! I was ready to throw down!

"I'm Luke," I said with a note of relief, extending my hand. "Pleased to meet you, Mister Ferrara."

helo frens

IC:

"Well, far be it from me to be the floozy that breaks up you and your allowance."

IC:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

"Sweet."

just going to pocket that without doing anything weird

like giggling

or snorting it to tattoo the number on my brain

gonna keep my chill

"Sweeeet."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"What am I, six?"

IC:

"It's paper, I don't quite think it's sweet." Alistair commented with a smile. He gestured at the pocket where she had put the paper, then crossed his arms. "That's usually your best bet. If that doesn't work, I'm probably out of the country for a while. Leave a message and I'll call back when I have cell reception again."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"That answer is directly proportional to whether I've bitched out on paying for dessert for the night."

IC:

ooooh. exotic

"I'll keep that in mind," she said, clicking her tongue and already tapping Alistair's contact information into her phone.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Then the answer is no. You're smarter than that."

IC:

"Great." The British scholar replied, casually continuing to munch on the mozzarella sticks that were still within reach. "Though from the sound of it, you generally travel too."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Such undeserved praise. I didn't think you were capable of it, babe."

IC:

Brooklyn's muscles tensed, but she kept a smile on her face and tried not to let her gaze wander over to Jesika over the Brit's shoulder and transform into an OH #$@!

"I get around."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"What?" The Ultimate rolled flat on her back again, and halfway raised and tilted her head so she could still look at him. "If you make a pun, or crack a foolish joke, I promise you you'll regret it Dallas. I have not decided how you will regret it. But you will."

IC:

"You tensed up. And that smile was a little less genuine for a second or two." He looked back to her again, casually sliding the plate of the remaining mozarella sticks over towards her, and out of his easy reach. "Complicated stresses you out. And since I don't really want to stress you out, and it isn't my business, I'll leave it be."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Dallas grinned for a couple seconds. Just to with her head.

Then the chronokinetic sat up and pushed himself to his feet in one limber motion, craning his upper body and lowering a hand to the dark-haired woman beside him.

"I was going to ask if you'd come back to the dorm for dessert."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Brownie sundaes. Quasi-homemade."

IC:

"We're from another dimension. I kill robots for a living and I have no boyfriend. Pity me."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"You recognize that I have already consumed a pizza and a half, as well as a basket of fries."

IC:

A beat. Then another, and one more all stretching into a long moment of silence. Alistair took a single, casual sip of his peer. Pondered what she said without breaking his usual, cheery expression. Then he set the glass back down, leaned back in his chair, and turned to face Brooklyn.

"Okay."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Yes." Rebekah took his hand and pulled herself to her feet, taking a moment to brush any grass off of her back, and then setting off towards the front doors. "Come on, we're wasting time."

IC:

"I just finished spending the better part of a week and a half stuck in my room because I punched a soldier from an offshoot of the Nazis in WWII, who was wearing powered armor, in Times Square on New Year's Eve." The British teen smiled. "In the world we live in, I'm inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt. If you have proof, by all means, I'd be curious to see it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Dallas Green turned on his heel to stare at his friend for several long seconds.

Tilt his head.

And finally, reluctantly, with a shake of his head and roll of his eyes, turn back around and walk into the Institute.

IC:

"If it helps, it was a lot of robots. All over the place. I saved Portland."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Nothing. Just had to double take at you calling me slowpoke."

IC:

"It was eight and a half days, actually. And very cold. I had to hold Jesika for warmth at nights, and she would shield our organic signatures with the wings. But we had clothes on too."

"Y'know, mostly."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

“Excuse you, I’m very swift.”

IC:

“I know that’s not funny, but where I’m sitting, it’s just odd enough to be amusing. Very resourceful of you, though. And effective, given that you’re both still here.” Another sip of his drink, and Alistair pushed his seat out just far enough to keep both of them in his eyes. “Sounds like you two come from a very… Interesting place.”

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I meant that it's a pretty juvenile insult. Wouldn't have thought it of you. Meaniehead."

IC:

"Mmmph! No lie!" Brook agreed through a mouthful of hot mozzarella. "They don't call it the Ultimate universe for nothing. Everything about the place is squared compared to here. Some days I enjoy the chill. Sometimes...well, that's how it is no matter where you live, I guess."

She flicked her eyes over her collegiate lunch date twice.

"I don't think we have one of you at home, though," she mused, biting her lip playfully. "Your travels ever taken you out of the timestream?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"You know," Dallas said airily, disregarding the quip at face value as his arm slipped around Rebekah's waist and pulled her into step alongside him, "you're pretty feisty tonight. What did I do to earn this?"

IC:

"Well, you might not. It's a bit of a trippy experience. Like deja vu more than, you know. TARDIS noises."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME