Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:She can't be new.Alex frowned for a moment, pausing in his breakfast. There was no way she was, that data signature was too familiar. She must have been around before, she wouldn't even have gotten past the front desk otherwise... Frown deepening, he mentally probed at her phone again, testing its defenses. Nothing unusual, standard security fare... Nothing he couldn't deal with.He paused again, withdrawing his phone, and using it to access his log files. If he'd seen the signature before, it wouldn't be recent. He'd recognize it then. So he decided to go back the furthest he could, a few weeks before his departure to the Ultimateverse, checking through the various signals that had accessed the Institute's wifi, searching for a match... And there one was. A handful of logged incidents, just prior to, and just after, the kidnapping of Nicole. Who would have been around then....For a moment, he considered invading her phone. But wouldn't be very polite. On the other hand, Dallas might need to know this sort if thing, maybe that Brotherhood assassin had come back....One quick look at who owned the phone couldn't hurt.No sooner did the thought cross his mind, he pushed through the minimal security with ease, heading straight for the data plan information as the phone let out a strangled beep of protest. Now, where was it. AT&T phone, so they stored their data riiiiiiiight here-"Oh helI no. No way."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ashley

While Dallas was making friends with the 'new' girl, Ashley had been busy folding a piece of paper, though the way she did it this time was quite different that previously, the folds were completely different, whatever this was it clearly wasn't a frog...

When she was done, there was an orange lizard-like bipedal with a fiery looking tail...it could only be... "Look Dallas here's a Charmander!"

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"CHARMANDER"

Dallas, attention completely diverted, snapped his head to the right and beheld Ashley's finest work with unworthy blue eyes; he reached out to hold it gingerly and laughed airily as it reared back in his hands.

"It's adorable," he repeated to himself, smiling up at Ashley.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:A few moments later, Dallas' phone beeped in his pocket. The contact listing?Alexander Graham Bell.>So, this might seem odd, but; do you know whatever happened to Brianne?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

She broke up with me with a sticky note around the time we got back from Canada. What's up, cutie? Worried you have competition? Don't worry, my heart is yours for the swiping. <33

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:There was a long, long pause after that message, and from where he sat, Alex gave Dallas a withering look from over the top of his glasses.You do remember who you're talking to, right?

fK5oqYf.jpg

Ashley smiled, happy her Charmander, forged with love and kittens, was a hit. She took an eclair from her plate, (that's all that was on the plate), and ate it.

"I'd make more Charmanders, but then he wouldn't be one of a kind! Plus I don't want to get carpal tunnel and have my fingers fall off!"

Edited by A billion cats

OOC: Well, it doesn't actually have to be the same phone. Nine times out of ten, when you upgrade a phone, you just transfer everything over, including the data plan. And even if you don't, finding out what data plan a phone is attached to is easy, since all major carriers equip them with bloat ware that lets you check on your account. Especially AT&T.Plus, it isn't all that likely that a single teenage mom is going to be scraping together the cash for a new phone. :pIC:"Don't worry, Alec. A whole different kind of goose is going to be cooked in a minute."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Not sure that's how you get carpal tunnel, Ashley," Dallas drawled, rolling his eyes and wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Kissing the top of her head, he turned back to 'Renee' and smiled again.

"So, errr..." he vocalized, thinking of something to ask for a second, "where you from?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Though tempted to make Ashley want to kill herself, Brianne refrained from such behavior, and instead held her invisible son a little tighter.There's no way he's with her. If he is... He's not ready for something like this. I don't want to ruin his life....No, she thought with finality. It's time he knew.When he kissed Ashley's head, however, she felt her stomach drop."Um," she stammered. "Texas, actually."****. Wait to go. Be more obvious, Bri.IC: Black stood over a cowering gangster in the midst of the partially destroyed farmhouse. A dozen burned, crushed, and eviscerated bodies lay around him, even including a frozen one, whose head was shattered into at least twenty chunks."No one infringes on Mrs. Khan's enterprises. You ought to have known better,," boomed his deep voice.The man whimpered, sure he was seeing his own death in front of him.However, Black's form began to dissolve into a thick black smoke as he spoke."Tell your new crew that, and make sure everyone knows. If I ever have to come to you again, you'll have it worse than any of your friends here."The smoke rushed out of the room, leaving the criminal alone with the grisly carnage that followed a visit from Mr. Black.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC:"And there, is the cooked goose."Alexander remarked drily, swiveling in his seat to better watch the situation unfold. Only the surface, it seemed calm, if a bit tense, but the technopath knew better. He was no empath, but he knew body language, that of his friends in particular. And Dallas was angry.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Now Ashley wasn't an empath, but she could tell when her friends were upset, especially Dallas. And then the name Brianne...didn't someone with that name used to go to school here?

Not sure what else to do, she hugged Dallas.

IC:"Welp, they're using full-length first names. This'll be interesting." He glanced over at Dallas with surprising levels of amusement. "Hey, Dallas. Should I run for the bomb shelter?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Julia

New York it was, then. She could practically smell the smog from here.

"Well, are we gonna wait for the ninjas, or are we gonna get out of here?"

Julia got a running start and slid down the sloped roof. When her left foot hit the edge, she pushed off with her other foot, sending her across the alleyway and onto the roof of the next building. It wouldn't be long before they were at the airport.

67tlbk.png

IC:

"You know...one of the worst things about my life is that I always had this weird habit of feeling what other people felt, whether they said something about it or not. I could've been a shrink, the way I nailed what was going on in people's heads. Then, after a while, it started to get worse...and worse...and worse...until I felt so much that I couldn't feel anything for myself at all. That was a year and a half ago - when you cut and ran. Since then, I like to think I got a pretty good handle on what I feel, but I definitely still feel it. Now, I don't know why you're so furious, or how you got so furious, but I still know that if it's at me, or at Ashley, you're wasting emotional space on something that actually needs it."

"But if you'd like, keep misdirecting that rage of yours. It won't change the fact that you still left, and that I've moved on."

Ashley hugged him, poor thing; unused to conflict in any form she sought solace around him and Dallas hugged her back with one arm, eyes never leaving Brianne's.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Brianne rolled her eyes."Thank you, Alex. That won't be necessary."She turned back to Dallas."We need to talk. I'll be in the garden. I'd appreciate if you didn't bring her."She turned to leave, and began walking out of the cafeteria.She stopped, but didn't turn around."And I can see you've moved on, Dallas. But if you'd like to know why I left, I suggest you meet me in the garden. And before you say you don't care- trust me. You will."

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

John Harken- Middle of nowhere Nebraska

IC: This girl just kept getting weirder and weirder.

Relaxing ever so slightly, John spoke again, "No. If I was HYDRA then I would probably be shooting some weird high tech weapon at you and shouting for you to come back or be killed."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:"What I say is always necessary. I keep it real. Real as the streets." A pause. "Yeah, I should never say that again."When he spoke again, he'd dropped the cheerfulness, and returned to being somewhat serious. "Go ahead, Dallas. I'll keep an eye on Ashley, and if you need help, just yell at Siri. She calls me when you get annoyed."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I have a better idea," Dallas muttered, listening to Brianne's footsteps and the slam of a door as she exited the cafeteria. "Ash, whatever you do, stay here, and hang out with Nicole. Make as many frogs as you'd like."

Three minutes later, Dallas Green and Alexander Smith walked out side by side into the garden, where Brianne waited. She turned and looked at Alex crossly, to which Dallas smiled - with a hint of unrepentant cheekiness that was oddly familiar to the technopath - and shrugged.

"Ashley and I aren't together," he said cheerfully, as though it were common knowledge. "Alex and I are. We're in what people like to call a 'civil union.'"

Alex wrapped his arm around Dallas' shoulder supportively, even as Dal wrapped his right arm around Alex's waist. Together the two used their free hands to form one quotation mark and wrapped it around the 'civil union' part of Dallas' jest with deadpan faces.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ashley's arms were glued onto Dallas, the tension was getting more intense, Ashley could feel Dallas stiffen. Ashley tried to think of happier things...cookies, frogs, kittens....kittens....lots of kittens...some puppies too.

Somewhere down the road she found herself sitting by herself, and wondering where everyone went. She started making frogs.

IC: Aella

I relaxed as well, I was 99.99999 percent sure he was not a HYDRA agent. He was way too...not a psycho.

"Well then...if you're not a HYDRA goon...then...what are you? Up until now I didn't even know there was anything besides HYDRA...or that there were trees EVERYWHERE." I almost fell over, the forest was starting to spin around me, what was going on?

Edited by A billion cats

IC:

"Aella!" Trinity shouted, running over to hear friend to hold her steady, "What's wrong?!"

At first the question seemed directed at Aella... But then Trinity turned to the person she had been fighting before asking, "What's wrong with her?! What did you do to her?!"

Edited by Varren Rehn

IC:"In case you hadn't guessed, I wear the pants." Alex said unrepentantly, shrugging slightly at her next sentence. "Truth be told, I'll know about it in twenty minutes anyway, either from Dallas or Ashley, so it won't be private for long.""But hey, I can go if you both agree."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Alex is more of a brother to me than anyone else I've ever known. His exclusion from this little confession was never specified and anything important enough to be said to me can be said to him. Alex, don't move."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC PeterApparently he didn't have a class in this block? Peter had walked into what he thought was grade 10 physics only to find himself in WWII-present history. After apologizing to the history teacher, he had exited the room, mumbling to himself in frustration. "Ugh,shouldn't have spent all night working on that time machine." Peter's memory tended to get real bad from lack of sleep, and sine the adrenaline rush from the fire alarm incident had subsided, he was feeling like a zombie. He would have gotten one of the technopaths to work on it, but he didn't want to reveal to people that he was from a future alternate universe yet. Walking into the cafeteria just as Dallas and Alex left, Peter grabbed the first thing that he grabbed (it turned out seven eclairs), he headed out the same direction that the two of them had gone (dropping several eclairs near Ashley who was randomly sitting in the hall) and out into the garden.If Brianne was paying attention, she would notice a funny background event. Peter,in a dazed stupor, ran into a table and dropped his eclairs, only for them to fly up into the air.