Favorite Upgrade

Alright, from the 1.0 to the 5.0 (Brain Attack) and whatever that one upgrade is, which one is your favorite upgrade in Hero Factory and why.

My favorite is the 5.0 (Brain Attack), the new armor and helmets look great but the only thing i don't like is the new heads and some of the weapon look really odd (like bulk weapon) plus i love that they are still using the exo-force arm.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

My favourite visually is the brain attack wave, I guess. I don't have any sets from it, though.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Breakout ("4.0") did the most for the hero designs, in my opinion. The heroes' classic elemental/name motifs returned in the form of awesome torso printing and even some thematically-appropriate weapon and armor designs. They returned to using either their classic helmets or new ones based on their earliest helmet designs, which gave them a lot of personality. We got sets of all nine of our established Alpha 1 Team heroes, not just six or seven, and the heroes even got some additional crime-fighting gear like Hero-Cuffs, which had previously only appeared in the TV episodes. Heroes were no longer relegated to the smallest sets, either — there were small, medium, and extra-large heroes occupying three different price points. Hero Cores were revamped to a new design that, while not available in multiple colors, was extremely versatile. And the individual heroes had an opportunity to shine on solo missions rather than simply being designed with one common environmental theme.Brain Attack has made some improvements as well — I love the Brain Attack unifying motifs like the single shoulder pads, shields, visors, and locking clamps. Plus, the small- and medium-sized hero sets have better proportions, in my opinion. Some of the new helmet redesigns also manage to add even more personality and make the helmets even more versatile. But overall, I think Breakout was the most outstanding single "upgrade", and really helped to demonstrate that the Hero Factory theme was not just going to settle into a repetitive pattern of mission-specific rather than character-specific upgrades.